Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i started playing when cable came out, bought cable, he was poo poo, got hawkeye and storm tokens, they were poo poo, quit the game forever, then came back for juggernaut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Popular Game Marvel Heroes Goes Down for Lengthy Patch
By Nathan Silver

Death Valley, CA—Today, Marvel Heroes went down for its lengthiest patch to date with no estimated time of arrival.

In spite of reports of the game shutting down, former employees are asking for fans to be optimistic and hear the facts from their perspective.

“Behold, our largest patch ever is coming. Servers are down and will come up again as soon as possible. We are trying something different and we simply ask the fans and players to be patient,” said Michael Mayhem, a former senior game designer on Marvel Heroes.

“We wanted to use this article as a way to let the fans know the game could be back online anywhere between now and the future. It just depends. Stay tuned,” Mayhem reiterated.

Recently, news outlets reported the game was shutting down and all employees were laid off. Former employee, Asros, who refused to disclose his real name and title, went to clear up the misunderstanding.

“First, my name is Asros and my official title is Face that Runs the Place. We are currently known as Unpaid Terminated Employees. That’s UTE, for short. We are still with Marvel Heroes and dropping the largest content patch in the history of video games. We recently showed off datamined content and all of it is coming in this patch. So, the servers are going down and they’ll come up one day. That’s when you’ll be able to download it. We ask our players to be patient while the servers are down for an undisclosed time period,” Mr. Asros stated.

When asked if this was normal and to clarify the state of the game, Mr. Asros vehemently refuted the claim that it was down for good.

“Once again, the media is telling lies. This game is thriving. Did you see the leaked assets? Pages and pages of assets, of content. Rich, savory, playable content. We have hundreds of items, characters, contents and more. Months of work here. This is what the players wanted and well, it takes time to travel through the Internet. Do you know how the Internet works? We are killing it out there,”

When asked to elaborate on how the Internet works, Asros had a convoluted explanation.

“Data enters the Internet. It travels at fast speeds to a central hub. Switchflipper, SF for short, flips the switch and boom, players can download. The thing with this is where we sent data before, now we are sending thousands and thousands of data. Maybe even millions. Please check the datamine again. Took me hours to look it over. Months to complete. Yeah, that could take forever. Please be patient.”

Asros continued on when pressed about why population numbers were at 0.

“Have you heard of a tally counter before? Probably not, so here you go. A tally counter can count up to 9,999. It’s a complex machine that you press and it goes up by one each time you press it. Pretty cool stuff. If you don’t believe me, look it up. Yesterday, we were in the thousands. Thriving. Unbelievable numbers. You really think you can go from the thousands down to 0 in one day? You cannot,” Mr. Asros stated.

“Our tally counter operator, TCO for short, is on vacation. Each time somebody logs in, the tally counter operator hits the button and reports that number to Steam and other outlets. Well, how do you expect our TCO to connect with our SF who connects with Steam and other outlets if he is on vacation? Until he gets back, sorry, that is going to remain at zero. Trust me, there’s tons of players in game as we speak. We’re doing great,” Asros continued.

Asros has consistently confirmed the game is doing well and still standing. While employees may be terminated, Asros stated they will continue to work.

“I will keep working. It’s my right to work. This is my job. I will keep working on Marvel Heroes until I don’t want to any longer or they get rid of me. Just wait until you see the new raid. See you all in game.”

Marvel Heroes Omega can be downloaded on Steam or at https://www.marvelheroesomega.com. The game is currently unavailable as they are ‘dropping the biggest patch the Internet has ever seen.’

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i heard that asros is actually the cat and asros's weird owner has no name

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Juggy truly was a sick character

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
You don't scare me!

I ain't scared of you!

You don't scare me!

I ain't scared of you!

You don't scare me!

I ain't scared of you!

Leave me alone!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

cahstooms

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

mr gaz no

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Juggy truly was a sick character

seriously there will never be another mr juggs in a game

that poo poo was inspired

cams
Mar 28, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YChkJ11ZKIk

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

“Behowd, our wargest patch ewer is coming"

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Baby Proof posted:

Here you go, all the results in one easy to read chart:

It’s obvious where ICR is, but he’s not yellow?

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Mover posted:

It’s obvious where ICR is, but he’s not yellow?

This is deeply upsetting. More than this game dying imo.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Darke GBF posted:

Marvel Heroes got shut down before Lawbreakers and Battleborn.

I want to loving die.

my gf plays both of those games :laugh:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Prel posted:

What would saving Marvel Heroes look like?

Fishing a dead raccoon up from a sewer and mounting it as a trophy?

i thought you were asking what saving marvel heroes looks like not what asros is going to do while on unemployment

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Percelus posted:

my gf plays both of those games :laugh:

The players left on those games probably all know each other at this point.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Oddly sad that this dumpster fire of a game is finally, truly gone. Gonna miss all the ridiculous antics and new "content" i.e. the thread coming up with alternate names and hot takes from the oforums.

Oct 28, 2003

I'm going to miss the profanity filter most of all.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Aphrodite posted:

The players left on those games probably all know each other at this point.

Part of why I stopped playing Lawbreakers is everyone who was still playing got real tired of my bullshit.

How am I supposed to do stupid bullshit if no one is falling for it anymore? :c

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
That spreadsheet seems flawed. I'm almost positive I didn't completely stop posting after the first thread?

On the up side, with Marvel Heroes gone I actually got some work done at home last night. I just don't see myself getting sucked into another massive timesink game like this. I think I'll just bounce around more superficial titles with a story mode.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Prel posted:

Weekend at Bernie's 2.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Venom: Space Knight costume was ready to go.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
The last time I tried to play Marvel Heroes was to show it to my 5 year old nephew last Christmas, he was extremely exited. I hadn't played it in a year and it took 2 hours to download and install all the patches so he never got to see it. Now he never will.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

davebo posted:

That spreadsheet seems flawed. I'm almost positive I didn't completely stop posting after the first thread?

On the up side, with Marvel Heroes gone I actually got some work done at home last night. I just don't see myself getting sucked into another massive timesink game like this. I think I'll just bounce around more superficial titles with a story mode.

It's just taken from the SALR top 30 poster stats, so you don't show up if you're not in the top 30 for the thread. I'm afraid that you couldn't keep up with the pace of meaningful posts and valuable content after the first thread.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
drat was wondering why this thread was so busy again

I played this 4? years ago with goons. It was indeed a lot of fun and definitely a good time. I was Algonac

I spent $40 on this game, and was ashamed of it.

I never cosmiced anytihng and quit around when raids and omega points came into the game. Just lost interest after that

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Baby Proof posted:

It's just taken from the SALR top 30 poster stats, so you don't show up if you're not in the top 30 for the thread. I'm afraid that you couldn't keep up with the pace of meaningful posts and valuable content after the first thread.

My only mistake was playing Marvel Heroes too much. Now that the leaderboards are gone and all that remains is that spreadsheet, I should have devoted more time to the threads. I'll be sure to white noise post and emptyquote much more in the next Marvel Heroes thread!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

davebo posted:

My only mistake was playing Marvel Heroes too much. Now that the leaderboards are gone and all that remains is that spreadsheet, I should have devoted more time to the threads. I'll be sure to white noise post and emptyquote much more in the next Marvel Heroes thread!

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Baby Proof posted:

I'm shocked I made the cut, but 75% of those posts are probably insisting Miss Marvel and pre-rework Deadpool were good.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

davebo posted:

Weren't you the guy who cosmiced wolverine and then made a new account so you could cosmic him again

If so your immortality is already guaranteed

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

MikeCrotch posted:

Weren't you the guy who cosmiced wolverine and then made a new account so you could cosmic him again

It was three cosmic wolverines, get your facts straight

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Prel posted:

Disney asking Tencent Games if they're interested in salvaging a legacy codebase I guess, but if they were going to partner in making a fremium Marvel Superhero ARPG I'm pretty sure it'd make sense to start from scratch and launch it as a new title, though maybe they could re-use some of the assets

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Davebo plz post the wedding anniversary drawing commissioned from Etsy

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Popular Game Marvel Heroes Goes Down for Lengthy Patch
By Nathan Silver

Death Valley, CA—Today, Marvel Heroes went down for its lengthiest patch to date with no estimated time of arrival.

In spite of reports of the game shutting down, former employees are asking for fans to be optimistic and hear the facts from their perspective.

“Behold, our largest patch ever is coming. Servers are down and will come up again as soon as possible. We are trying something different and we simply ask the fans and players to be patient,” said Michael Mayhem, a former senior game designer on Marvel Heroes.

“We wanted to use this article as a way to let the fans know the game could be back online anywhere between now and the future. It just depends. Stay tuned,” Mayhem reiterated.

Recently, news outlets reported the game was shutting down and all employees were laid off. Former employee, Asros, who refused to disclose his real name and title, went to clear up the misunderstanding.

“First, my name is Asros and my official title is Face that Runs the Place. We are currently known as Unpaid Terminated Employees. That’s UTE, for short. We are still with Marvel Heroes and dropping the largest content patch in the history of video games. We recently showed off datamined content and all of it is coming in this patch. So, the servers are going down and they’ll come up one day. That’s when you’ll be able to download it. We ask our players to be patient while the servers are down for an undisclosed time period,” Mr. Asros stated.

When asked if this was normal and to clarify the state of the game, Mr. Asros vehemently refuted the claim that it was down for good.

“Once again, the media is telling lies. This game is thriving. Did you see the leaked assets? Pages and pages of assets, of content. Rich, savory, playable content. We have hundreds of items, characters, contents and more. Months of work here. This is what the players wanted and well, it takes time to travel through the Internet. Do you know how the Internet works? We are killing it out there,”

When asked to elaborate on how the Internet works, Asros had a convoluted explanation.

“Data enters the Internet. It travels at fast speeds to a central hub. Switchflipper, SF for short, flips the switch and boom, players can download. The thing with this is where we sent data before, now we are sending thousands and thousands of data. Maybe even millions. Please check the datamine again. Took me hours to look it over. Months to complete. Yeah, that could take forever. Please be patient.”

Asros continued on when pressed about why population numbers were at 0.

“Have you heard of a tally counter before? Probably not, so here you go. A tally counter can count up to 9,999. It’s a complex machine that you press and it goes up by one each time you press it. Pretty cool stuff. If you don’t believe me, look it up. Yesterday, we were in the thousands. Thriving. Unbelievable numbers. You really think you can go from the thousands down to 0 in one day? You cannot,” Mr. Asros stated.

“Our tally counter operator, TCO for short, is on vacation. Each time somebody logs in, the tally counter operator hits the button and reports that number to Steam and other outlets. Well, how do you expect our TCO to connect with our SF who connects with Steam and other outlets if he is on vacation? Until he gets back, sorry, that is going to remain at zero. Trust me, there’s tons of players in game as we speak. We’re doing great,” Asros continued.

Asros has consistently confirmed the game is doing well and still standing. While employees may be terminated, Asros stated they will continue to work.

“I will keep working. It’s my right to work. This is my job. I will keep working on Marvel Heroes until I don’t want to any longer or they get rid of me. Just wait until you see the new raid. See you all in game.”

Marvel Heroes Omega can be downloaded on Steam or at https://www.marvelheroesomega.com. The game is currently unavailable as they are ‘dropping the biggest patch the Internet has ever seen.’

Nathan Silver's stalwart leadership will guide us through these times of trouble

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

MikeCrotch posted:

TECHNICALLY I just registered an account for my friend Mike to play on when we were LAN gaming, and then one night another friend joined us so I made a third but never played again. So I had this account I was sitting on after all my heroes were red and figured why don't I just cosmic Wolverine again. Then Mike gave up on the game and I did the same on his account. That was back when Gaz was giving us coupon codes, so despite those two accounts being entirely free2play they had accumulated a lot of random boosts and free heroes.

Gibbering Madness posted:

Davebo plz post the wedding anniversary drawing commissioned from Etsy

Done. Hanging on the wall in our new house next to a frame with three graded comics. Incredible Hulk #181 (1st Wolverine), Giant-Size X-Men #1 (1st Colossus, Storm, Nightcrawler, 2nd Wolverine) and New Mutants #98 (1st Deadpool, soon to be replaced with a very lovely copy of X-Men #1)

Our cat is just as lovely in real life as Cyclops.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
made your wife rogue instead of canon-appropriate jean? smdh

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

davebo posted:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Soothing Vapors posted:

made your wife rogue instead of canon-appropriate jean? smdh

It was her gift to me so I didn't do nuthin! She liked Rogue in the 90's cartoon growing up, and she's from the south. I think it's plenty canon that Wolverine will bang just about anyone who'll give him the time of day.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

davebo posted:

It was her gift to me so I didn't do nuthin! She liked Rogue in the 90's cartoon growing up, and she's from the south. I think it's plenty canon that Wolverine will bang just about anyone who'll give him the time of day.

Especially if it pisses off Cyclops

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Lechtansi posted:

Especially if it pisses off Cyclops

Maybe he'd even gently caress Cyclops and be a really bad lay, just to piss Cyclops off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Slime posted:

Maybe he'd even gently caress Cyclops and be a really bad lay, just to piss Cyclops off.

I've read some of those fanfics