Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
big news!

quote:

Coming Soon: North America/Australia Server Merge

For the last seven years, Vindictus has served players in North America and Australia across three separate regions. In an upcoming update, tentatively planned for the beginning of November, we will be merging the East, West and Australia Regions into one North American Region! All of your characters will be automatically transferred to this new server

This new North American server will allow players across North America to better find fellow mercenaries to aid them in battle and help maintain stable Marketplace economies across the continent. Your non-raid battle quests will continue to operate on a peer-to-peer level, with PvP and Royal Army Raids hosted at our best North American location.

We know that you'll have some questions about the details of this new region and how the merge will occur. Please take a look at the FAQ below and, if your question isn't answered there, please head on over to the Official Forums and let us know!

FAQ

Q: Will this affect European characters?

A: Aside from the downtime required by the upcoming Server Merge maintenance, Europe will be unaffected by any aspects of the server merge maintenance.

Q: Will I keep all my characters, if I have more than 20?

A: Currently, even with purchased Character Slots, you can have a maximum of 20 characters on a server. This will still be the case after the merge, however players with more than 20 characters across East, West and Australia will retain access to all of their characters.

Q: What happens if there are multiple characters with the same name?

A: In cases of duplicate names, the character with the most playtime will retain their original name, with character creation date serving as the tiebreaker. All other characters with that name will have "EA_", "WE_" or "AU_" added to the front of their name. They will also be granted a free Name Change Coupon, so that they can select a new name at their leisure.

Q: What happens if there are multiple guilds with the same name?

A: In this case, the highest level guild first will retain their original guild name, with guild creation date serving as the tiebreaker. Any other guilds with that name will be renamed in the same manner as with characters ("EA_", "WE_" or "AU_" added to the front).

Q: What if I have pets on different servers with the same name?

A: While multiple players on the same server can have pets named the same, a player cannot have two pets named the same on the same server. In cases where the pets names are duplicated, the highest level Pet will retain its name, with the tiebreaker being when the Pet was first adopted; other pets with that name will be renamed with "EA_", "WE_" or "AU_" added to the front.

Q: What about items in the Marketplace when the merge happens?

A: When Vindictus goes down for the Server Merge Maintenance, all Marketplace entries will expire and be returned to the listing character.

Q: Will I lose any VVIP time if I have it active on multiple servers?

A: When the Server Merge occurs, we will take the time remaining on VVIP Licenses on East, West and Australia and apply the cumulative value to characters on the new North American server. So, if you have 8 days, 10 days and 2 days remaining across the servers, you'll have 20 days of VVIP active after the maintenance.

Q: What if I have Shared Storage active on multiple servers?

A: When the Server Merge occurs, the remaining duration on Shared Storage for each slot will added together, such as in the case of the below table. Items in Shared Storage will either stay in the Shared Storage or be sent to your characters via in-game mail, however we do recommend organizing your Shared Storage so that you don't have to search for the items among your characters mailboxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

I'm looking forward to assuming that laggy hosts are from Australia and pitying them accordingly. I'm also looking forward to asking myself whether I should update the OP or make a new thread. Vindictus Season 3: Now you HAVE to join my goon guild you fucks

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Oct 17, 2017

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

ArchWizard posted:

I'm looking forward to assuming that laggy hosts are from Australia and pitying them accordingly. I'm also looking forward to asking myself whether I should update the OP or make a new thread. Vindictus Season 3: Now you HAVE to join my goon guild you fucks

now i am going to have to compete with a whole bunch of other sylii for gayest sylas na

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I'm glad they continue to justify my decision to quit months ago

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

I'm glad they continue to justify my decision to quit months ago

you should come back. suffer with me, friend.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
But when Miri.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Schubalts posted:

But when Miri.
Miri doesn't sound like a cute name you'd give to a lovely non-event so maybe next year.

Some of my characters finally got enough anniversary coins to buy the three letters to give to the cat traveler. The reward is an enhancement stone guaranteed to bring a +10 weapon to +11. I only just noticed that the stone only works on level 90 weapons. No one on my account can make use of this because they either use purple weapons (so they can't be brought past +10), or are using orange level 90 weapons that are already +11 or higher (so it wouldn't do anything). The only reason I'm going to finish getting the packages now is because the contents are decent.

We're close to the end of the event period so maybe we'll get something good soon.

Spotted in the wild:

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

I'm feeling like giving this another try. I started a couple of times years ago, but bounced off in the early hours.

Checked out the characters and Karok, Greatsword Hurk and Delia seem the most interesting to me. Arisha too but she seems a little complex just starting out.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

It's November. Here's the news:

quote:

The following bug fixes were applied to Vindictus during the November 1st minor update:
  • Fixed an issue where mouse clicks did not register properly for players with the Windows 10 Fall Creator Update
  • Fixed an issue where characters appeared bald when the Belly Dancer Ponytail is paired with the Blood Silk Headband
Looking a bit sparse there, guys. The problem is that the only other news item is a sale. Just a sale. I don't mention those unless they're meaningful in some way. Nexon is selling King of Fighter costumes and emotes. That's it. No KOF event. No KOF anything but a cash grab. Good thing I don't care about King of Fighters, eh?

Hey, you know what? I'm not going to complain. I need a rest from all these damnable time-sink events. Satan's temp jobs is what they are.

Superschaf posted:

I'm feeling like giving this another try. I started a couple of times years ago, but bounced off in the early hours.

Checked out the characters and Karok, Greatsword Hurk and Delia seem the most interesting to me. Arisha too but she seems a little complex just starting out.
They're both complex in their own ways. Delia is good, but her big flaw is that her attacks take a while. Once you start attacking you're pretty well committed to it. If you don't plan your moves around your opponent's, you're going to eat hits. Arisha's different in that she's highly mobile and her dodge and block are both very good if you master them. Her attack style also differs from that of other characters. It's definitely true that she's more complex to start, but the more you play as her, the more natural her moveset will become.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Yeah I stuck with Delia for now and got her up to level 30 today. I watched some youtube videos to figure out that you sometimes just have to start your long attack combo away from the boss and time it so you land the big hits at the end without getting pummeled. Simple plan but not trivial to pull off.

I'll slowly work my way through the story and see where it takes me. The combat has been pretty enjoyable so far.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

It's November. Here's the news:

Looking a bit sparse there, guys. The problem is that the only other news item is a sale. Just a sale. I don't mention those unless they're meaningful in some way. Nexon is selling King of Fighter costumes and emotes. That's it. No KOF event. No KOF anything but a cash grab. Good thing I don't care about King of Fighters, eh?

Hey, you know what? I'm not going to complain. I need a rest from all these damnable time-sink events. Satan's temp jobs is what they are.

They're both complex in their own ways. Delia is good, but her big flaw is that her attacks take a while. Once you start attacking you're pretty well committed to it. If you don't plan your moves around your opponent's, you're going to eat hits. Arisha's different in that she's highly mobile and her dodge and block are both very good if you master them. Her attack style also differs from that of other characters. It's definitely true that she's more complex to start, but the more you play as her, the more natural her moveset will become.

High level delia play is loving astounding though.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

Superschaf posted:

Yeah I stuck with Delia for now and got her up to level 30 today. I watched some youtube videos to figure out that you sometimes just have to start your long attack combo away from the boss and time it so you land the big hits at the end without getting pummeled. Simple plan but not trivial to pull off.

I'll slowly work my way through the story and see where it takes me. The combat has been pretty enjoyable so far.
i don't remember the names of her abilities so this is a mess but:
both of her actives that you charge towards the boss with also let you use her big comet smash right afterwords too, and her right-click after big combos where she slides through the boss also lets you start your combo 1 l-click faster.
so you can air-click 3 times, then smash-delay-comet smash; them smash again for slide, then l-click only 2 times, to smash-delay comet smash; repeat.
I think delia is a great character, simple design and big hits and her actives aren't too messy.

lynn is also really good and her combos flow really well, her actives are a mess though.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Nov 4, 2017

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

I got to level 60 today. It's still very fun.

darkhand posted:

both of her actives that you charge towards the boss with also let you use her big comet smash right afterwords too, and her right-click after big combos where she slides through the boss also lets you start your combo 1 l-click faster.
so you can air-click 3 times, then smash-delay-comet smash; them smash again for slide, then l-click only 2 times, to smash-delay comet smash; repeat.
I think delia is a great character, simple design and big hits and her actives aren't too messy.
I'm getting the hang of it. It feels really satisfying when you manage to chain 3 comet smashes in a single combo without getting disrupted by the boss.

edit: I got to Ingkell just now, and boy that was a jump in difficulty. The first time I had to fire up a boss in practice mode to really learn the timing on the moves, because I couldn't just burst him down while tanking hits.
In the end I mostly just dodged and parried, since I wasn't able to figure out the timing for squeezing in comet smashes.

Superschaf fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 5, 2017

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

darkhand posted:

lynn is also really good and her combos flow really well, her actives are a mess though.

lynn's new second weapon going to own.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

The server merge is finally happening. In all we do, let us be generous, fair & loving to Spaceship Vindictus and all its inhabitants.

quote:

There might not be a lot to this month's update, but we've been spending the last few weeks making sure that the North American server merge goes off without a hitch! Enjoy the return of the Ultimate Objective Event, get geared up with bonus Raid departures and get ready for a new character to arrive to Vindictus!
North American Server Merge (Still in Progress)

It's time to merge! All characters on the East, West and Australia server are being transferred to the brand-new North American server. Some character, guild and pet names may have changed during this update, and we will be monitoring the new server to ensure that it meets our expectations.

If you have any issues with the new North American server not covered in the FAQ, please head over to the official forums and let us know. Merging three servers into one is seldom a simple process, and we'll be doing our best to iron out any issues that pop up as a result of this major change.
Now you HAVE to join my guild, you fuckers.

quote:

Merge Celebration Ultimate Objective Event

With the newly merged server and plenty of new friends to play with, we're bringing back the Ultimate Objective Event for the month of November! Join your fellow mercenaries, take the Fomor horde to pieces and earn special prizes with each Objective you complete! Some of these prizes might be best held onto for a bit, however, with what's on the horizon...
The rewards are good. The greatest mercy is that you get the reward if you're online when the objective is achieved or if you helped to get it. You aren't likely to be screwed out of your rewards.

quote:

Dragon Dreams Event

A new warrior is on her way to Vindictus, and we're unleashing a set of events leading up to her grand entrance. Learn more in the Dragon Dreams Event post!

:dragoonsay:

quote:

A new warrior is on her way to Vindictus, and we're unleashing a set of events leading up to her grand entrance. Complete Daily Quests to get event tickets, trade them in each week for a special Coupon that can unlock a special package that's only for a woman with dragons on the mind...
Short version: A bunch of bonus Miri stuff can be earned in advance of her debut. You have to do dailies. Back to the grind, I guess.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

Now you HAVE to join my guild, you fuckers.

Do I

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I guess you - plural - could join a goon-friendly pubbie guild. Honestly, it's best if you people don't join diabetic dogs so I can continue to use guild storage as my own personal swap space.

Oh yeah, do we need a new thread for Miri?

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Nov 9, 2017

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

I guess you - plural - could join a goon-friendly pubbie guild. Honestly, it's best if you people don't join diabetic dogs so I can continue to use guild storage as my own personal swap space.

Oh yeah, do we need a new thread for Miri?

I mean, I am in Lion Heart and have been for ages lol.

I dunno about a new thread tho

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Lion Heart is pretty ok and a new thread for server merge and Morty is probably reasonable. Maybe some details on the improved leveling experience and the rise stuff?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Wish they would say what's in the Miri box, so I can know whether to bother doing this stuff.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Schubalts posted:

Wish they would say what's in the Miri box, so I can know whether to bother doing this stuff.
I earned the first week's reward so I can tell you what comes up in the exchange shop when I use the Miri Welcome Ticket.

- 3 Miri Welcome Tickets: "Gift for Miri". Can only be opened by a Miri, obviously. Contains a title, a 1k AP capsule, and a +10 enhancement coupon. I do not know if the coupon expires. Limit 1 per account. It's a shame those flawless +11 enhancement stones aren't tradable because they'd be a really good companion to a +10 coupon.
- 2 Miri Welcome Tickets: Twinkling Random Box. Gives you one of those stupid-looking twinkling clothing pieces. You know, the ones that are transparent and faintly glowing? They bind on acquire and are limit 1 per account so have fun trying to assemble a set.
- 1 Miri Welcome Ticket: A Goddess Grace and I don't see a number on it so that means it's one grace. Maybe a pack of graces or party graces would be an okay price for a week's worth of work but not a lone grace.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

The Miri micro-site is up.

quote:

play as miri, a powerful young woman with an ancient connection to the mighty dragons of yore.

The lost daughter of an ancient people, Miri's ancestry grants the young woman powers unseen in human lands. Use her connection to the mighty Dragonspine lance to tear the Fomor horde to shreds. Build up Flamebreath, a unique resource for Miri, and unleash it with intense strikes of Dragonflame with Fiery skills. And finally transform into her ancestral form and call upon the mighty winged masters of the sky to turn anything that stands between Miri and her destiny to ash.
I know the whole "humanity is in a holy war with all non-human sapients" conceit behind Vindictus was getting shaky as early as Karok's release but now it's collapsing harder than the WTC towers on 9/11.

So anyway: You can do the usual pre-registration thing to get free stuff, including a 3000 AP capsule and a level 90 weapon of Rare quality (that means full orange, right?). If the page gives you poo poo for trying to register, try whitelisting the site in your adblocker. That's what I had to do.

I will not bow down to that filthy bird

quote:

Turkey Hunt Event

Turkey Day is just around the corner, and the Strange Traveler's whiskers are all a-quiver about the strange scent in the air and the odd squeaks coming from nowhere. Battle bosses and claim the prized Turkey Drumsticks and... less-prized Rubber Chickens for special titles and rewards!
Complete battles to get turkey drumsticks or rubber chickens. Both can be consumed for minor bonuses, but eighty of either can be turned in for a reward box. Each box contains a title and a rune, among other things. That's a lot of battles.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Nov 16, 2017

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

So since the difficulty has increased a lot in Season 2 (bosses can 2-shot me now) and Delia is pretty demanding to play, I've started some other characters on the side.

Arisha seems fun but around level 25 it's very apparent that I'm missing a lot of her tools. Right now I just gather my mana by shooting the ball out, hitting dudes, blowing it up and then parrying. When I'm at the boss I enable mana blade and quickly run out of stamina and then it gets awkward.

Evie has been very fun right from the start. I generally am not a big fan of casting classes since gameplay ends up very slow or stationary, but Evie is very mobile. Flying around the map, charging spells and blowing enemies up is very satisfying and fun. I'll definitely stick with her.

Delia is still my favourite though. It feels like every move in her arsenal has a use case and the whole combat style is very fluid. But as I said before it's pretty stressful now when I have to find a way to fit in my big damage combo without getting hit very much at all. Especially while trying to keep the Vigor and Keen buff up.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Whelp...

I decided to start playing this again.

I started as a Karok then switched to Kai when he came about and had used him since.

So, my thoughts so far.

Holy poo poo the Crossgun is amazing.

Difficulty has gone down the tank, which is kinda nice since that means I could finally solo the big Ogre Dude.

I have a LOT of junk items that don't actually exist in the game anymore, and by proxy I won't be able to get any more outfit titles without either getting an expertise (yuck) or paying millions of gold (double yuck). Those lovely stats from the black hammer set title in particular is annoying me. Though this does mean that I have a few sets I COULD potentially sell for millions myself, but I'd rather keep those.

Never beat the first season, but it looks like I might get there this time (last time I played I had just gotten to the sewers).

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

The game is a lot easier than it used to be up until you get to the season 3 (max level) content. Season 3 stuff is pretty challenging and Neamhain will make you want to go relax with some dark souls.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

The game is a lot easier than it used to be up until you get to the season 3 (max level) content. Season 3 stuff is pretty challenging and Neamhain will make you want to go relax with some dark souls.

i think season 3 is a lot better since the health nerf

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Looking to try this game out, what are the goon guilds and can I join them?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's another event happening. It's an attendance event.

quote:

Miri Warm-Up Attendance Event

Miri's only two weeks away, and we're counting down the days with a special Attendance Event! Log in every day for a new prize, including special Gremlin Balloons, Rare Legendary Chunks and rune fragments that can be combined into a Premium Enchant Rune!
Log in for thirty minutes to get the chance to collect a thing. Gremlin balloons are cosmetic items you equip on your back. The "rare legendary chunks" is a box that lets you obtain one orange chunk for weapons. I don't remember what premium enchant runes do. Are those the ones that let you keep your scroll on a failed enchant?

Svensken posted:

Looking to try this game out, what are the goon guilds and can I join them?
diabetic dogs is my guild. No one in it is active besides me and I rarely play for more than an hour or so per day. I don't know if the other guilds mentioned in the OP are recruiting. For the most part, people roll with pubbies because the boat system makes it easy and the people in Vindictus aren't too lovely.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Nov 22, 2017

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

drat.

I missed the first week of the Miri events, and I thought I could just get another miri ticket on a different character to make up the difference.

Seems the boxes with the miri tickets in them are one per id though....

Does this mean I'm screwed? :negative:

Too my knowledge this is supposed to be the final week for the tickets.

Edit - oh good there's a 4th week. I'm NOT super screwed. Hooray. :downs:

Bakalakadaka posted:

Boy howdy ain't that the truth :downs:

Regina was the first time I had to get a party going (outside of some side raids I've been doing, nothing required).

Also, love the description of the blind archer title.

mauman fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Nov 24, 2017

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

mauman posted:

drat.

I missed the first week of the Miri events, and I thought I could just get another miri ticket on a different character to make up the difference.

Seems the boxes with the miri tickets in them are one per id though....

Does this mean I'm screwed? :negative:

Too my knowledge this is supposed to be the final week for the tickets.

There are 4 weeks, so if you only missed the first week you aren’t screwed. I missed that one too.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Yeah there's a lot of QoL stuff
Like the paladin/dk questline is smashed into like 1 quest now, rather than running back and forth to rochester and doing like 4 dungeons.

The only really lovely part of vindictus now is grinding out rochester before you get S2 quests.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

darkhand posted:

the paladin/dk questline

I had to solo that mess back in the day.

I'm actually kind of bitter it's so easy now :saddowns:

But I understand why they did it and getting higher levels so quickly is actually very nice I'm finding. Especially for getting my old alts to 60 so I can use shared space to transfer their NX goods (graces, stones, etc) that each of my characters got for me starting up again. :getin:

Also, I noticed that they changed meditation so it no longer works when you're logged off. It was nice to come back to 50,000 free ap for each character I have, but I guess that's never going to happen again.

mauman fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Nov 29, 2017

Jalisr
Dec 11, 2011
I started playing again about a week back, apparently merging EU and NA didn't play well with my account but I had nothing so it doesn't matter.

Is there any active guild on the NA server with room? I figured I should look into that if only for the bonuses, good company is a plus, though I can't imagine EU lag will be bearable for other players.

Main char on the NA server is "Jaliss" though I only play sporadically.

EDIT: I sent an application to "diabetic dogs" since it sounded perfectly fine.

Jalisr fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Dec 2, 2017

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Jalisr posted:

I started playing again about a week back, apparently merging EU and NA didn't play well with my account but I had nothing so it doesn't matter.

Is there any active guild on the NA server with room? I figured I should look into that if only for the bonuses, good company is a plus, though I can't imagine EU lag will be bearable for other players.

Main char on the NA server is "Jaliss" though I only play sporadically.

EDIT: I sent an application to "diabetic dogs" since it sounded perfectly fine.
I let you in, but I don't know what you can do besides get the one-time bonuses. I probably won't play much again until Miri comes out.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

When Arisha comes along, you must whip it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjAZ2UzWR1E

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

i played vindictus for like 3 months after it released in late 2010? or early 2011? i don't know, some time around there. i haven't touched it since then. how is the game these days?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Tsurupettan posted:

i played vindictus for like 3 months after it released in late 2010? or early 2011? i don't know, some time around there. i haven't touched it since then. how is the game these days?
There are more characters and playstyles, battles are all quicker and generally easier, leveling is faster, Nexon is slightly more generous with its giveaways.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

ArchWizard posted:

There are more characters and playstyles, battles are all quicker and generally easier, leveling is faster, Nexon is slightly more generous with its giveaways.

all of these sound like improvements. i'm gonna be dragging a friend back in with me and they haven't played in a similar time frame.

what guild should we join? :v:

e: is there a discord?

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Dec 4, 2017

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

holy poo poo Delia loving owns. i watched this guy's video on her: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zq3w48XPlM after getting some levels under my belt and she just clicks. what a fun character.

how do i get into Lion Heart? do i need to PM someone specifically? i tried searching for them and they don't show up, but i see people in Lion Heart running around. are guilds account-wide or per-character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Tsurupettan posted:

holy poo poo Delia loving owns. i watched this guy's video on her: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zq3w48XPlM after getting some levels under my belt and she just clicks. what a fun character.

how do i get into Lion Heart? do i need to PM someone specifically? i tried searching for them and they don't show up, but i see people in Lion Heart running around. are guilds account-wide or per-character?

Lion Heart is kind of weird to get into because the name has a space and they don't allow spaces in guild names anymore. I can usually find it in the list using "heart" or searching by the guild leader name, Relecroix. I don't really play right now but tell me your character name and I can tell someone who can accept you in.