Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

you know now that i think about it by recoil they probably meant the randomness in spray from what you're aiming at, not necessarily where the gun travels. i can see pointing your gun precisely at someone's head with a mouse and then having your shots spray around it in a perfect outline being really frustrating but probably unnoticeable with a thumbstick and autoaim

Shoot hardlight at anything more than medium distance away. left, left, over, left, right, left, hit, left, right, low, low, low, low, over, low, hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

maybe some automatic weapons are meant to be burst-fired and not just tape-down-m1-full-auto fired :thunk:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Bust Rodd posted:

A Buff Gay Dude, Iron Banner broke me. I did 3 sets of dailies everyday for a week and never got my hunter boots.

Now I see the cold and uncaring world for what it is, a joke where the only punchline is time and the only one laughing is Bungie.

Please pat my head and tell me the boots will come back

Yeah the first iron banner on console is what finally completely broke me

It’s really bad and lazy. God forbid you played a y2/3 D1 IB to compare.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Control Volume posted:

Its weird because if you take an autorifle and unload at a wall without moving the mouse, it'll travel straight up that wall in exactly the pattern they said they removed

The most popular guns have ways to practically negate video game recoil/spreadk on top of the fact we have KB+M instincts probably isn't helping matters for working out the situation, yeah.

Meanwhile, other guns...

Murgos posted:

Shoot hardlight at anything more than medium distance away. left, left, over, left, right, left, hit, left, right, low, low, low, low, over, low, hit.

I love the Hard Light and I got lucky with the chrome skin about five minutes after I got it from Xur. But I got spoiled seeing piles of yellow numbers pop out when pointing automatic weaponry in the general direction of trash . (Hold still you pesky fallen, the Vex don't try to duck and cover and make me shoot them in the rear end to death :argh:)

Then you have stuff like the Scathelocke, where following the armchair gaming commander mantra of short controlled bursts means it's going to have the worst accuracy of all time. instead of going full rambo and watching it switch to super accuracy racking it across a pack of enemy skulls.

Real talk, I love the sway reduction/Under Pressure perk conceptually because it encourages you to go full Rambo like a proper space action hero. It makes missing feel good, because you are missing voluntarily by firing wildly into the air on the way to the next enemy target.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Nov 28, 2017

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Bust Rodd posted:

I just logged in, it's gone. Its rough too, because I RP that my Hunter has a drinking problem and not getting the boots she wanted might push her back off the wagon :ohdear:

Ok, so is anyone up for helping to coordinate some of the goon community before Season 2 and XPac drop?

From where im sitting we could:

1) get a new thread going
2) Consolidate Overchill Destiny goons and HOTDOG (https://discord.gg/5aVkDfP) into a straight up Destiny discord (https://discord.gg/ej6HBMR), instead of everyone just always being split up up by 3-5 different discords
3)purge and consolidate clan stuff so everyone still has friends to play with

I've taken your suggestion and made more channels in our Discord.

Thanks!

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
There are 4 goon discords. That's too many. I've made a fifth that everyone should join up in, after leaving theirs.

There are now 5 goon discords.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
We should probably make a separate discord for the discordant chorus of bitching about the abundance of discord

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Because of Holiday travel I only turned in 8 out of 10 IB packages. I, uh, got some stuff and am really mad that I didn't, uh, get other stuff.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

*extremely system shock 2 hybrid voice* silence, the discord

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I made a discord for us to gather and lfg to decide which discord to talk in that day.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Sounds like we got a case of
*puts on sunglasses*
Discord discord
Yeeaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Uuuuuugh. I would really like the "Auto-loading holster" perk more if not for the fact it decides to just not do it's job at the worst possible moments.

30 seconds tops of not having it out after having fired all it's ammo? It filled itself for you! Spending a solid two minutes of combat around without having had time to manually reload it? Nope, still empty.

Its the most goddamned embarrassing way to get myself killed, running up to a nearly dead event boss, those special servitors that trigger heroic, etc. Pulling out my shotgun or grenade launcher, and seeing it's still loving unloaded. I can empty out my power ammo, switch to my assault rifle to fire a single mag, then back to my power weapons all topped up and ready for me. Why is it deciding when I need it most, after having not used it for a solid minute, that I can just go gently caress myself?

What missing factor am I overlooking here? Does it get confused if it hasn't had power ammo pickups within the last 30 seconds after getting completely emptied out? Because the most common time this seems to happen is when I've got a drought of power ammo for a while, manage to grab one or two boxes finally, and pull it out a minute later only to find an empty magazine.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Nov 28, 2017

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Big thanks to the peeps on discord for running through Leviathan with me for the first time. What a gigantic convoluted mess of a dungeon. I'm used to instances being more like WoW 40-mans from back in the day.

I got a couple useful upgrades but all three exotics I got as loot were duplicates of the worst ones I already have. I swear they make it do that poo poo on purpose. There's no other way.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Section Z posted:

What missing factor am I overlooking here? Does it get confused if it hasn't had power ammo pickups within the last 30 seconds after getting completely emptied out? Because the most common time this seems to happen is when I've got a drought of power ammo for a while, manage to grab one or two boxes finally, and pull it out a minute later only to find an empty magazine.

There is a sound cue for when its been loaded for you. I have the sneaking suspicion the time it takes to reload like that is tied in someway to the reload time stat.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

scaterry posted:

There is a sound cue for when its been loaded for you. I have the sneaking suspicion the time it takes to reload like that is tied in someway to the reload time stat.
I must be overlooking the sound, but that still leaves the question of Why can it reload an emptied out magazine in the time it takes to fire a single assault rifle mag most of the time. Then decide "you know what, gently caress this auto-loading gig" and leave me with an empty magazine when I finally reach for it again halfway through an event or boss fight.

"I didn't have a spare moment to load that bit of ammo I got a literal minute ago, but at least I have an auto-loader-oh it's empty." But if I just want to really unload on some trash, yeah sure max out my magazine between weapon swaps.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Nov 28, 2017

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
I'm taking more Discord channel suggestions.

I hope everyone enjoys the channel dedicated solely to discussing the Battle of Midway.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Please stop trying to get me to shut down the non-Overchill Discord.

I have no idea what puppetmastering reason anyone has for this, but no I am not going to help you guys' ad revenue or whatever your game is. I am here to help people get together to play a videogame.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Luke Smith please make me want to pew pew more in your okay but needs love game tomorrow ty

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Waffle House posted:

Please stop trying to get me to shut down the non-Overchill Discord.

I have no idea what puppetmastering reason anyone has for this, but no I am not going to help you guys' ad revenue or whatever your game is. I am here to help people get together to play a videogame.

There's a $1000 bounty on your discord, and I will see it through, fucker

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

I mean the most annoying part of the multiple discords is when the active users is low and you have to hit all three of them up to find a raid group or something, but that's more of a problem with charlemagne than the discords.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Control Volume posted:

There's a $1000 bounty on your discord, and I will see it through, fucker

gently caress, the last thing we need is Discord Assassins rolling through!

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Bust Rodd posted:

We should probably make a separate discord for the discordant chorus of bitching about the abundance of discord
Okay so there is already a main Destiny Goons discord (which is remarkably enough called exactly that) and then Overchill/HOTDOG are pre-existing gaming communities who are also playing Destiny 2 so people are hanging out with both groups. There are a few other servers/clans for small groups of friends that play together that opened up membership to other goons when we were having issues with every clan ever filling up because of the stupid 100 person limit.

You don't need to create any more discords and people in Overchill/HOTDOG are not going to leave their servers to join whatever new discord you're thinking of.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

they're probably never going to increase the clan player limit, which is going to be awesome

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Mercurius posted:

Okay so there is already a main Destiny Goons discord (which is remarkably enough called exactly that) and then Overchill/HOTDOG are pre-existing gaming communities who are also playing Destiny 2 so people are hanging out with both groups. There are a few other servers/clans for small groups of friends that play together that opened up membership to other goons when we were having issues with every clan ever filling up because of the stupid 100 person limit.

You don't need to create any more discords and people in Overchill/HOTDOG are not going to leave their servers to join whatever new discord you're thinking of.

I'm pretty sure we've got links to the other discords in the Destiny Goons discord so just make sure you join that one and you can get wherever you need to go from there.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Insane Totoro posted:

I hope everyone enjoys the channel dedicated solely to discussing the Battle of Midway.

Is there a channel for discussing the 1959 William Wyler epic Ben-Hur?

I shouldn't need to say this, but obviously it can't be the same place where people discuss the more recent 2016 version or the original black and white film.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

JerikTelorian posted:

Is there a channel for discussing the 1959 William Wyler epic Ben-Hur?

I shouldn't need to say this, but obviously it can't be the same place where people discuss the more recent 2016 version or the original black and white film.

There is now!

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
Oh fun fact.

The original 1907 Ben-Hur was important in US case law because it established that you actually had to pay to get the rights to make a movie based on an existing work.

That being said, there is really only one important Ben-Hur movie and that's the 1959 one.

From my cold dead hands.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

all i've got is that the guy who wrote ben-hur was also the governor who signed billy the kid's arrest warrant, and no i don't remember what his name was.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Insane Totoro posted:

That was a pretty kick-rear end BF1942 map. Now I wish Destiny 2 had a halo-like multiplayer mode with vehicles, or just more opportunities to use tanks.

as an aside: is there any reason to do those mission replays from the warlock lady if I'm 270?

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
lol if you wouldn't want to be an SA Professional Gamer tm

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

That was a pretty kick-rear end BF1942 map. Now I wish Destiny 2 had a halo-like multiplayer mode with vehicles, or just more opportunities to use tanks.

as an aside: is there any reason to do those mission replays from the warlock lady if I'm 270?

I preferred BF1492. The Thanksgiving map was pretty lame though.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Oxyclean posted:

I know they'd never do it but I also wish they had some kind of multiplayer option that leaned more towards Halo's style of doing things. The abilities are fine, but put grenades as items instead of cooldowns, put power weapons on the map, and throw some vehicles in.

Destiny's PVP is enjoyable but only in that it slightly resembles Halo's multi. I know you can do it Bungie!

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok, then will whoever runs the Naan discord clean it the gently caress up? Why are there 300 channels? If it were even a little less messy people wouldnt be so scared of it.

Or maybe you should learn how to use Discord?

Click this on any channel you don't care about :

Then click this on the server:

And look at that, all the scary channels are gone.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Halo Reach multiplayer embarrasses anything they did in Destiny :eng99:

Invasion on Spire map, shitloads of players on both sides, all-out assault on land and in the air, poo poo was bananas. What happened to you, Bungie?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Magus42 posted:

Or maybe you should learn how to use Discord?

Click this on any channel you don't care about :

Then click this on the server:

And look at that, all the scary channels are gone.

I wish you could select multiple channels to mute at once.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Oxyclean posted:

Warlocks have my favorite armor set in the game from her engrams. But really you could stop after getting the chest piece.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

el B posted:

Warlocks have my favorite armor set in the game from her engrams. But really you could stop after getting the chest piece.

See, I want the armband from her but the Eververse warlock chest piece is just so nice. Especially with Crown of Tempests, I look like the Statue of Liberty come to life and pissed as hell.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

OdinsBeard posted:

So the hand in hand, a green shotgun sometimes sold by vendors (I've purchased it from Hawthorne), has the best consistent one hit kill range of any non-slug shotgun that isn't legend of acrius. I think it's the only non-slug precision archetype shotgun.

This is the kind of information I want to see!

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Kessel posted:

I got a Manannan a few days ago and it’s a fantastic gun. I ran a lot of Tlaloc back in D1 and Manannan is the closest in terms of gunfeel by far.

I was using the Mananan yesterday in crucible but getting outsniped by MIDAs all day.. It only did something like 32 precision damage with a 10 explosion.. MIDA does 44 and shoots faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rufio posted:

lol if you wouldn't want to be an SA Professional Gamer tm

Hot diggety dog

• Locked thread