Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The hypest a trailer (or more accurately prereleased footage) ever got me was when Marvel put out the first four minutes of Winter Soldier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Al Borland Corp. posted:

But didn't everybody know about that beforehand? It was all over the news sites.

People actually seeing it for the first time in a theatre or randomly on YouTube would be legitimately surprised and that would get a lot of buzz, but people on YouTube whose jobs it is to make reaction videos and junk would already know it was going to happen.

I believe that people knew there was a deal made with Sony and Marvel, but there was still some doubt as to if Spidey would be in the movie due to the time when the deal was made. So they were able to add him at pretty much the last minute, and it wasn't until that trailer hit that it was confirmed he would be in the movie.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Much like Hulk in Thor 3, it would’ve been a lot cooler if they coulda kept Spidey under wraps so it's a huge surprise when you see it, but that would’ve left a whole lot of opening day money on the table for a reveal everyone on the internet would’ve known about the second the first public screening let out.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So according to a VFX artist who worked on Justice League they offered to pay for the effect that would add a mustache to Henry Cavill's character in the next Mission Impossible movie (and even put together some test footage to show how realistic it looked) but Paramount refused. Apparently it is much easier/more realistic to add hair than remove it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This story just gets better and better

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Codependent Poster posted:

Because the Marvel films are actually fun experiences and good movies, no matter how loud some nerds on the internet shout that they aren't.

Plus Infinity War is taking things up another notch and not only having a crossover between characters from their own movies, but groups from their own movies. The Guardians meeting the Avengers meeting Dr. Strange meeting Spider-Man in film is incredible.

It sounds like it could be fun, but to be honest with THAT MANY character it just seems like it'll be a mess or they'll just keep most characters in the background. A movie focusing on like 10+ superheroes is kind of weird, that's like a small army of heroes

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Arist posted:

This story just gets better and better

The Mustache Wars are more interesting than Justice League.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Zzulu posted:

It sounds like it could be fun, but to be honest with THAT MANY character it just seems like it'll be a mess or they'll just keep most characters in the background. A movie focusing on like 10+ superheroes is kind of weird, that's like a small army of heroes

I think that’s why it only works as a capper to a decade’s worth of films. It’s probably going to be light on growth for everyone but Hulk and the people who are leaving (bye Cap!) but there’s going to be enough carryover from the previous films to keep it.

Or, it’s just a heist movie on an epic scale where every hero gets like one scene but plays a vital role in killing Thanos or whatever.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
If i had to guess part 1 will be following thanos and the first half of pt 2 will be everyone coming together so we won't be seeing 30 people on screen at once until the final battle

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Everyone dies but Peter (either of them) gets to use the gauntlet to put reality back in place except he doesn’t quite remember everyone exactly so he brings them back but they’re now new actors.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

site posted:

If i had to guess part 1 will be following thanos and the first half of pt 2 will be everyone coming together so we won't be seeing 30 people on screen at once until the final battle

I am betting that part 1 will end with Thanos winning, and part 2 will be the comeback. They have yet to announce the name for part 2 and I am betting it will be called Avengers assemble. 10+ years and 20ish movies and they have never had any avenger actually say their catch phrase.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
The big reveal is that the defenders show up in the movie in a quick cameo

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

They are tied to train tracks, 4 on one side, one on the other

I kill the one person to save the the 4. Next

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I kill the train. No gods no masters

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

badjohny posted:

I am betting that part 1 will end with Thanos winning, and part 2 will be the comeback. They have yet to announce the name for part 2 and I am betting it will be called Avengers assemble. 10+ years and 20ish movies and they have never had any avenger actually say their catch phrase.

I thought these movies were "parts" anymore - they specifically changed it to Avengers 3 and 4 to make clear to people that these aren't sequels but rather are self contained movies.

Isn't that right?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

badjohny posted:

Oh yeah, i think people will be fighting thanos in pt1 and lose, but it'll all happen separately. Like he rolls up on Asgard and defeats them for the tesseract, and then he shows up on xandar and defeats the guardians, and then the collector, then finally shows up on earth and kills vision for the soul gem. And then in pt 2 all the groups come together

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

muscles like this! posted:

So according to a VFX artist who worked on Justice League they offered to pay for the effect that would add a mustache to Henry Cavill's character in the next Mission Impossible movie (and even put together some test footage to show how realistic it looked) but Paramount refused. Apparently it is much easier/more realistic to add hair than remove it.

That VFX guy did an AMA on reddit that was pretty enlightening: https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinematic/comments/7f9rea/other_im_a_vfx_artist_on_these_films_ama/

[edit] He claims there won't be a Snyder cut, but based on other "sources" a Snyder assembly cut exists that's over 3 hours with some VFX done and has part of Junkie XL's score. My guess is the assembly cut was screened to WB execs, they panicked because it was more like a continuation of BvS and not like Avengers, and asked him to reshoot stuff to make it more fun.

teagone fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Nov 28, 2017

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

mikeraskol posted:

I thought these movies were "parts" anymore - they specifically changed it to Avengers 3 and 4 to make clear to people that these aren't sequels but rather are self contained movies.

Isn't that right?

Yeah, pretty much

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're still both about Thanos and the Infinity Stones they've just been reworked to be 2 self contained stories now.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Also, reaction videos are the worst and I love that Marvel released a preview for a trailer made out of them, lmao.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Use the space magic to warp reality so Big Lebowski is the one who becomes Iron Man in 2008 and Steve Buscemi is an older Captain America and John Goodman is Dad Thor and reboot starting from there.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Electromax posted:

Use the space magic to warp reality so Big Lebowski is the one who becomes Iron Man in 2008 and Steve Buscemi is an older Captain America and John Goodman is Dad Thor and reboot starting from there.

This reminded me how much I want Marvel to use their de-aging magic to have a young Obadiah Stane show up in a flashback. Like CLU in Tron: Legacy, but less uncanny valley.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

badjohny posted:

I am betting that part 1 will end with Thanos winning, and part 2 will be the comeback. They have yet to announce the name for part 2 and I am betting it will be called Avengers assemble.

That would be weird from an international perspective since the first Avengers was called Avengers Assemble in the UK to avoid copyright issues (there used to be a spy show over here called The Avengers). I'd imagine they'd want to avoid having alternate names for different territories (or at least English speaking territories) a second time.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

fruit on the bottom posted:

Wow what a jared Leto joker response

A genius, and a potent weapon against capitalism.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

irlZaphod posted:

Yeah I mean I can't wait to see the trailer and I'll probably watch it a million times, but do people really post reaction vids to trailers on YT? :staredog:

You are old now, hth

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
They should go on the offensive and go with Avengers: Brightest Day

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

People post reaction videos to reaction videos come on

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mulva posted:

You are old now, hth

So are all the people in Marvel's tweet.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/NBRfilm/status/935604007707467776

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The movie following Infinity War being Captain Marvel taking place in the 90s is pretty much a given that some reality fuckery will be happening.

edit: Baby Driver was a better superhero movie than a lot of superhero movies.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Samuringa posted:

The movie following Infinity War being Captain Marvel taking place in the 90s is pretty much a given that some reality fuckery will be happening.

Ant-Man and Wasp is in there too though so they are going to have to touch the present before Avengers 4.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Samuringa posted:

edit: Baby Driver was a better superhero movie than a lot of superhero movies.
Yeah I’m guessing Infinity War ends with Thanos wiping everyone out like in the comic, and there is a time reset or something.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I'm glad Get Out is getting it's due. Baby Driver though??? And I'm saying this as someone who loves Edgar Wright..

Edit: realized what thread this was lol. Good for Logan.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
And then everyone is played by a cheaper version of the actor that used to play them. So Iron Man is now Jeffrey Dean Morgan and so on.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

muscles like this! posted:

"You're no secret agent! You're just some jerk who hates my mustache!"

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Veotax posted:

That would be weird from an international perspective since the first Avengers was called Avengers Assemble in the UK to avoid copyright issues (there used to be a spy show over here called The Avengers). I'd imagine they'd want to avoid having alternate names for different territories (or at least English speaking territories) a second time.

More because of the 1998 movie (which is infamously bad) based on that series than the series itself.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's too bad they had Robert Redford in a role already, because he'd be a perfect Old Cap

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Cap loses the super serum and turns into Harrison Ford

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Ant-Man and Wasp is in there too though so they are going to have to touch the present before Avengers 4.

Unless Ant-Man and the Wasp takes place mostly in a microverse or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

fruit on the bottom posted:

Cap loses the super serum and turns into Harrison Ford

I dunno I don't think they're going to end another Captain America movie with him crashing a plane

• Locked thread