Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Is that a promise or a threat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Is that a promise or a threat?

They cut together a preview of a trailer using reaction videos from YouTube, so you decide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VbHg5fqBYw

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

teagone posted:

They cut together a preview of a trailer using reaction videos from YouTube, so you decide:

Someone splice footage of 9/11 into this plz.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Corporatized fandom is the worst.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

teagone posted:

Sweet, every basic bitch retard on this planet in one convenient video.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

teagone posted:

is it wrong that I want everyone in this video to suffer endless agony?
it is wrong, who am I foolin. they're already suffering the endless agony that forced them to become youtube react people anyway

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Those people probably make more money than you or I just based on their YouTube viewcount.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
well yeah I'm sure there are plenty of ways to make money if you're willing to humiliate & debase yourself in front of thousands of people
some people even just film themselves playing videogames while they talk to themselves
there's also chaturbate!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

feedmyleg posted:

Those people probably make more money than you or I just based on their YouTube viewcount.
This is an unjust world that I do not want to exist in

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Have you considered selling out and debasing yourself for money?

I mean, I'd take humiliating myself in front of strangers on the internet over working a retail job.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Sweet, every basic bitch retard on this planet in one convenient video.

Jesus dude, relax.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Just sell your soul and become a youtube react superstar yourself

you will have to live with teh shame forever

a grim mark etched into your soul

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

feedmyleg posted:

Yes but IN MY DAY this just meant taking a corporate job.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

nvm

FML

edit

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Jesus dude, relax.

no u

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
well if your only option is a minimum wage retail job then yeah maybe do just debase yourself on the internet for strangers
or just become these guys
https://twitter.com/AdamFriedland/status/935299399890231296

It's entirely because I'm an old man but I'll never not get creeped out by the narcissism and weirdness of say...recording myself like, playing a videogame, while talking & goofin to a presumed future audience. or like, pretending to be 100x more overawed or surprised or terrified or making funny faces for teens on the internet. it's entirely my hangup. look at lowtax go! go lowtax, go!

I knew there was poison in the water supply once we started getting those "night vision of the theater audience"/"interviews with audience leaving the theater" trailers. or maybe it's hideaki anno's fault

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I wonder if there's a niche for someone like me to make react videos where I mostly remain expressionless and occasionally slightly grin/grimace, then silently turn off the recording.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
there's definitely a niche for react video avante garde/subversions/youtube culture satire. I could see myself doing a channel where I just watch comic book movie trailers and scream incoherently as loud as I can like some tragic cornered person with dementia, smashing cans on my head and ripping my house apart. just watch a Star Wars trailer and start downing bottles of wine and writhing around on the floor in a mix of blood + tears + piss, bellowing unintelligible curses at the heavens.
maybe i just saw my own future :drat:

wait I bet RLM already did this

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

Nope. My moral code allows me to be a dipshit on the internet in text form only.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Donate 5 dollars to see me hit myself until I cry while watching Avengers 7

10 dollars and the dildo will be inserted

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

there's definitely a niche for react video avante garde/subversions/youtube culture satire. I could see myself doing a channel where I just watch comic book movie trailers and scream incoherently as loud as I can like some tragic cornered person with dementia, smashing cans on my head and ripping my house apart. just watch a Star Wars trailer and start downing bottles of wine and writhing around on the floor in a mix of blood + tears + piss, bellowing unintelligible curses at the heavens.
maybe i just saw my own future :drat:

wait I bet RLM already did this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3K44GQwxbA

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Electromax posted:

I wonder if there's a niche for someone like me to make react videos where I mostly remain expressionless and occasionally slightly grin/grimace, then silently turn off the recording.

That sounds like a legit great idea tbh. Reddit would probably go bonkers over it.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I was thinking of them bleeding out of their face or w/e cuz of Adam Sandler, but sure enough...love them just going off the same react script

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I need Mike's jacket so bad.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Anyway on some level I get people being excited for poo poo like this, I remember being excited as hell when I saw like MGS2's trailer and rewatched it a bunch, I remember recording the Star Wars Episode 1 trailer on VCR(I'm old and washed), and rewatching that a bunch.

It's comically sad that fan reactions and poo poo are being put in goddamn advertising like this though. I hope the reactors(?) got paid and Disney didn't just take that poo poo from youtube and use it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Dexo posted:

Anyway on some level I get people being excited for poo poo like this, I remember being excited as hell when I saw like MGS2's trailer and rewatched it a bunch, I remember recording the Star Wars Episode 1 trailer on VCR(I'm old and washed), and rewatching that a bunch.

Trailer hype in 2000 was such a different beast though.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
yeah it's the difference between rewatching and getting hyped for trailers & watching someone else get hyped for trailers to get hyped for trailers

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Have some of you not seen a trailer for a highly anticipated movie in a theatre with a bunch of people bubbling and cracklin with N.R.G.? People get excited for hallmark pop culture poo poo.

I understand a majority of the react YouTubers are playing it up worse than Jim Carrey but I know some pretty average ppl who would have no problem whoopin and hollerin' at a laptop screen if they saw some hype poo poo. Just because I lost all of my emotions back in the war doesn't mean I want anyone who expresses them, uh, dead or something.

e: that being said that reaction supercut trailer is pretty dumb

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I could easily see myself being pleased if everyone who gets hyped over comic book movie trailers simply dropped off this earth, violent death or otherwise.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Dexo posted:

It's comically sad that fan reactions and poo poo are being put in goddamn advertising like this though. I hope the reactors(?) got paid and Disney didn't just take that poo poo from youtube and use it.

i think youll find they got paid prior to making the reaction videos

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

More like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJgLa3eKMYs

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Dexo posted:

I gotta say, Disney's hard U-turn in the 2000's was genius. They simply went from enforcing artificial scarcity and suing everybody for making Donald Duck popsicles at the swap meet to just buying every studio and license to make sure there aren't two weeks straight where they don't have something in theaters.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Zzulu posted:

Donate 5 dollars to see me hit myself until I cry while watching Avengers 7

10 dollars and the dildo will be inserted

This is the future liberals want

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I gotta say, Disney's hard U-turn in the 2000's was genius. They simply went from enforcing artificial scarcity and suing everybody for making Donald Duck popsicles at the swap meet to just buying every studio and license to make sure there aren't two weeks straight where they don't have something in theaters.

That's not true though; who knows, maybe you're just being hyperbolic, but Disney is in the top spot this year while releasing less than half as many movies as the other big studios. They simply bet hard on the biggest properties and eliminated everything that even remotely came off as niche or untested. They released nothing to theaters for all 3 months of summer.

Their re-ascendance has everything to do with Pixar, which was basically lightning in a bottle.

Addendum: Disney sucks.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZfuNTqbHE8

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Seems completely overloaded with characters to me. The Avengers movies have been the low points of the MCU so far and even after the great Thor movie I really don't have much hope that this one will be much better.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Brolin Thanos doesn't really thrill me I dunno why. I'm not really familiar with the "canon", is he generally just a dry character? Brolin seems bored
I mean I haven't heard good things about justice league and I'll never see it but on paper Ciarán Hinds seems like a more charismatic voice if you have to go the stupid CGI Monster Man direction all these dumb comic book movies seem to be doing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Brolin Thanos doesn't really thrill me I dunno why. I'm not really familiar with the "canon", is he generally just a dry character? Brolin seems bored

He’s an all powerful dude in search of even more power so he can please the love of his life, Death (the actual literal Death). He’s not one for show and grandeur unless it’s directly related to pleasing death. He mostly just sits around letting people kill for him and sometimes does the killing himself. Just take Galactus’ take on Thanos:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ryan North is a treasure, The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl is the best comic out right now.

The half-goth because into death, and half-hipster because he makes his own gloves makes me laugh every time for some reason.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
Trailer is pretty good.
Thanos is pretty lame.
Are ant-man and the wasp the only major characters missing?
Movie won't be great with this many characters competing for time. It will also break every box office record ever.
Where is Hela?

Predictions:
Vision doesn't die (I won't believe they show his death scene in the first trailer)
Iron Man dies trying to save spiderman, either in this one or the next avengers movie. Dr Strange takes over his role as de facto leader of the gang.
Illegal avengers have been chilling in Wakanda since the events of civil war (betting that's one of the post credits scenes in Black panther).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Does anyone know if that trying to impress Death stuff is in these movies cuz if so I'm down that sounds like hilarious motivation. And if it's cate blanchett then hey I get it Josh I get it

• Locked thread