Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Not even gonna Buy the new xpac!! Take that bungo!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Cultural Marxist posted:

So they turned off the XP scaling, but doubled the amount you need to gain a level?

Oh bravo Bungie. Bravo.

Cool, this does the opposite of what they wanted because it double fucks people doing slow, low reward activities *cough* Crucible *cough* so they just piss off the entire player base AND make mindless grinding public events even more appealing for the few still willing to put up with this.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

mango sentinel posted:

Cool, this does the opposite of what they wanted because it double fucks people doing slow, low reward activities *cough* Crucible *cough* so they just piss off the entire player base AND make mindless grinding public events even more appealing for the few still willing to put up with this.

As a guy who has played Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 I’m astounded that Bungie attempted to fix a screwed up system and made something worse

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

As a guy who has played Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 I’m astounded that Bungie attempted to fix a screwed up system and made something worse

This is so unlike them, I can't believe they'd do something like this, what a letdown

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
They should buff xp gain by 0.04% and claim in was intentional.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Did any other site pick up the game population API stuff after DT stopped?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

mango sentinel posted:

Did any other site pick up the game population API stuff after DT stopped?

It was picked up by Janet from your local credit union and will be updated via staff Guess The Number Of Jellybeans In The Small Jar contest.

You can ask someone who works there the exact number after the reveal but it's really low and doesn't matter, or you can get a job there and maybe win a $100 gift card to Outback. Janet will expect a meal tho. But you'll probably get laid! Please report back.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Jumped on to play some IB before the reset and I finally got a uriels from saladin and now there's literally nothing else in this dead gayme I want

See y'all in a week

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
You really don't see a lot of Janet's these days.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Marge's Present

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Waffle House posted:

lol I just remembered that I know a girl who knows Lars via QuakeCon or something

brb going to help with the Lars-kicking process as much as I can

take me with you

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
All my clan mates in a raid started talking about how much they love monster hunter, so i just found my Monster Hunter buddies.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Nice, only a little over a month to mhw

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Haven't uploaded in awhile so i thought i chuck a 20kd+ game of Trials Survival https://youtu.be/GVFwPC1LGB0

Gonna do a highlight clip soon. Lots of funny moments.

I have a 60 second clip getting 8 kills with the coil using the glitch. Very funny but might get me banned

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

You need to puck up 3 heavy ammos to get the glitch to work. So its very much a gimick

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

FUSION GOOD

I'm too goddamn tired to embed

PathAsc fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Nov 28, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
There’s a god roll Each New Day fusion at the crucible quartermaster, Counterbalance, Hip Fire/Icarus and Rifles Barrel.

Also lmao that the D1 weekly vendor reset is staying on the r/destinythegame front page again

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

There’s a god roll Each New Day fusion at the crucible quartermaster, Counterbalance, Hip Fire/Icarus and Rifles Barrel.

Also lmao that the D1 weekly vendor reset is staying on the r/destinythegame front page again

Lol goddamn that's awesome

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/239336750

No stream tomorrow

DeeJ posted:

Tomorrow, we had planned to conduct the final stream prior to the launch of “Curse of Osiris” to show off some of the weapons and armor the expansion includes. Instead, we are investing all our efforts into delivering some higher priority information about Destiny 2. You’ll hear from studio leadership about their assessment of Destiny all up, they’ll talk about our goals for the game going forward, and you’ll also learn about how we’re reacting to your feedback with some game updates that will arrive in the next few weeks.

That will appear on the Bungie Blog on Wednesday.

Thank you,

DeeJ

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
gently caress that, tell me about the guns you idiots.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
what does destiny all up mean

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Hmm what's more important stuff that affects the game and average player (guns, aesthetics) or navel gazing fart huffing

Also did I read right that they fixed the xp gains but doubled the requirements to level up effectively leaving the player in the same position

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

moist turtleneck posted:

When you had high expectations for something and then it sucks.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

moist turtleneck posted:

"Major bugs keep appearing, our userbase is shrinking, no one is hyped for our next release, we've destinied this all up again"

Calaveron posted:

Also did I read right that they fixed the xp gains but doubled the requirements to level up effectively leaving the player in the same position

They made changes that eliminated the game/API discrepancy that reddit was screaming about while keeping as much of everything else the same as possible. Did you think they were going to let everyone level up faster and more frequently just because they got caught with their pants down?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Hmm what's more important stuff that affects the game and average player (guns, aesthetics) or navel gazing fart huffing

For 95% of this gay dead game's player base, the latter

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
They could basically say "here's 6v6 or 8v8" and people would come back long enough to maybe buy something from eververse once

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
If they announced 6v6 and across the board cooldown reduction I'm back in.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

The stream was just going to be an hour lone meandering advertisement for DLC, I would much rather they do this

I'm not holding my breath on anything in my personal wishlist but I actually do expect some big changes

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
This is fine dog wearing a hunter cape dot jpg

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The cockgobbling in that thread is glorious

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Nevermind I'm stupid

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

It's both funny and sad that the state of the game is so bad they're too scared to hold another live stream or even get studio leadership on there. It will be interesting to read the blog update but if it's just an insistence that they're listening rather than a public commitment to making some of the big changes the game needs then there's no point.

mango sentinel posted:

If they announced 6v6 and across the board cooldown reduction I'm back in.

Yeah, this would be a good quick-fix to push out within the next few weeks if they're serious.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

SUNKOS posted:

but if it's just an insistence that they're listening rather than a public commitment to making some of the big changes the game needs then there's no point.

they are literally talking about actual changes they are making so

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Guys im mad already about these changes they haven't spoke about!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Most of the problems of Destiny 2 are hidding in plain view

The worst thing is that I feel they are reacting to the news, what they want to stop is more and more journalist talking about destiny.

Journalist are kind of fad based, and the current fad is to exploit gamers rage about loot boxes. The narrative of loot boxes can be extended to talk about a few Destiny problems and so is scaring that Destiny will end sinking down EA fake wall street money.

---

Fake News!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G7jJ3uzx6Y

Tei fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Nov 28, 2017

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Legs Benedict posted:

they are literally talking about actual changes they are making so

What I'm getting at is that Bungie usually takes the smallest steps possible with things like this. It would be great to see some big changes instead and hopefully with the state of the game being what it is they feel confident enough to do something like that.

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
haha they hosed up so bad they can’t even address it

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

tyrelhill posted:

haha they hosed up so bad they can’t even address it
but... they're addressing it tomorrow... which was the whole point of the thing I posted...

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Would love to be a fly on the wall at bungie hq today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Bungie execs in darkly lit meeting when the "player engagement graph over time" shows up and it somehow goes into the negative

or it shows more people playing D1 than D2