Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

hot topic takes surprisingly long to deliver, but hey here it is. i was worried about getting a large online because i've got plenty of large t-shirts with tiny baby shoulders that ride up on me like crazy but this is perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

checksin posted:

I have no idea when I’ll be able to go pee during this show

intermission

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

also hw tag match probably

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Cody's gonna have an entrance that's the perfect time.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

oatgan posted:

intermission

they said there isn't one this time

St Evan Echoes posted:

also hw tag match probably

this is the correct answer as long as evil isn't in it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

oatgan posted:

intermission

I don't think they've had one the last couple years?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I don't think they've had one the last couple years?

No there's been Yujiro matches.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

checksin posted:

they said there isn't one this time

this is the correct answer as long as evil isn't in it

Doesn't he have to defend those stupid trios belts.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I am going to lose my tiny little mind watching Jericho come out to face Omega at WrestleKingdom :hellyeah:

My two hometown hero's going at it at the dome. I might just weep the whole match at how far Winnipeg has come.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

VJeff posted:

Doesn't he have to defend those stupid trios belts.

oh, yeah, that sucks. :geno:

free my rainbow vampire boy from these accursed belts

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxg6z5dGNaw

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
absolutely need a NJPW BEER

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
They should get rid of the trios belts and move EVIL/SANADA into heavyweight tag. Maybe more people would care about that division if it wasn't the same three teams wrestling each other on an infinite loop.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Wonder how many of those rules are due to rowdy 80's All Japan Women's crowd attacking Dump with sewing needles

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Wonder how many of those rules are due to rowdy 80's All Japan Women's crowd attacking Dump with sewing needles

- Anybody from San Jose is banned from being in the women's dorms after 9pm.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Benne posted:

They should get rid of the trios belts and move EVIL/SANADA into heavyweight tag. Maybe more people would care about that division if it wasn't the same three teams wrestling each other on an infinite loop.

let the trios belt be for real lowcarders like the old men, Bullet Club/CHAOS/Suzuki gun third stringers and David Finlay and keep them away from the likes of LIJ and Tanahashi imho

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Baron Corbyn posted:

let the trios belt be for real lowcarders like the old men, Bullet Club/CHAOS/Suzuki gun third stringers and David Finlay and keep them away from the likes of LIJ and Tanahashi imho

This is also fine

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Though saying that, the LIJ/Taguchi Japan feud was pretty great earlier this year. They should have dropped the six man belts at Destruction or Power Struggle to let EVIL & SANADA win the tag league though.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

lij/chaos is always pretty good despite never being memorable, solid midcard filler

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

oatgan posted:

lij/chaos is always pretty good despite never being memorable, solid midcard filler

Yeah it's a good use of those guys, though I do hope EVIL gets a nice singles run in 2018 (at least at the NEVER level) and his KOPW push wasn't just a one-off.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I can see Evil getting a shot at the IC or Never belt next year and getting a short run to move him more up to the upper mid card.

I wouldn't be adverse to LIJ losing the 6 man titles before the dome if that would mean Evil and Sanada getting a tag title shot. It'd also help set up a potential LIJ/Suzuki-gun feud which would be a good first defense for Naito

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The real travesty is that the trios belt means we don't get to see EVIL enter through a ritual summoning pentagram at Wrestle Kingdom

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Wait what

Also I went to WWE’s shows in Tokyo 2015-16 and Jericho was over as gently caress. Of course there’s only so much crossover between NJPW and WWE fandoms, but its Jericho, he’s a big enough name to be a big draw. And NJPW is pushing that already, at least on Twitter.

Wrestle Kingdom gonna be reeeeeaaal good.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It’ll be funny when all the filthy casuals leave after the Jericho match and Naito’s glorious coronation happens in front of a quarter-full stadium

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Live Korakuen tomorrow with full production:

NJPW WORLD TAG LEAGUE 2017
November 30th at 4:30 EDT/9:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

Yuji Nagata and Manabu Nakanishi vs. Syota Umino and Ren Narita
TenCozy, Death Juice, and Tomoyuki Oka vs. Bullet Club (Fale, Owens, Yujiro, Page, and Leo Tonga)
CHAOS (Hirooki Goto and YOSHI-HASHI) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki and El Desperado)
Hiroshi Tanahashi and Hirai Kawato vs. L.I.J (EVIL and SANADA)
CHAOS (Okada, Ospreay, and Gedo) vs. L.I.J (Naito, Hiromu, and BUSHI)
WTL Block B Match:David Finlay and Katsuya Kitamura [0] vs. GoD [4]
WTL Block B Match:Togi Makabe and Henare [0] vs. Ishii and Yano [2]
WTL Block B Match:Michael Elgin and Jeff Cobb[4] vs. Beretta and Chuckie T [4]
WTL Block B Match:War Machine [4] vs. Killer Elite Squad [6]

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Why are people acting like EVIL and Sanada have no chance in the Tag League? Given the booking they look like a favorite.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Why are people acting like EVIL and Sanada have no chance in the Tag League? Given the booking they look like a favorite.

if the trios titles didn't exist they'd be my pick but EVIL and SANADA are still 2/3rds of them. Since they don't really have any opportunities to drop them before the dome I'd imagine they'll be defending them instead of going for the tag belts.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Thauros posted:

if the trios titles didn't exist they'd be my pick but EVIL and SANADA are still 2/3rds of them. Since they don't really have any opportunities to drop them before the dome I'd imagine they'll be defending them instead of going for the tag belts.

I don't think they give enough of a poo poo about those belts for it to matter.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...
give evil more belts

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The WK card is already stacked as it is, I don't think anyone will be sad if they dropped the 6-man piss break gauntlet match this year.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

make EVIL like Bray Wyatt except he wins lots of belts.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Also works really good matches

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

the piss break trios title gauntlet match exists to shoehorn people on the card in a match that at least has something on the line. I'll be shocked if they decide to forget the belts exist.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The trios title should be won by a team of Scott Norton/Haku/Vader and I won't be happy until this happens (you can sub out Haku for Sid if you please).

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://youtu.be/rbm02KawEiw

English language guide with Berreta and Rocky on how to get to Korakuen Hall.

NJPW English YouTube channel is on point.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Nov 29, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

checksin posted:

give evil more belts

Gedo please hire checksin

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://youtu.be/zeOksH74QvM

NJPW at the Pyramid in Long Beach in March.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

https://youtu.be/zeOksH74QvM

NJPW at the Pyramid in Long Beach in March.

Yeah I straight up can't wait. It's not within walking distance to my house like last time, but it's still like a 10 minute drive for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...

Jerusalem posted:

Gedo please hire checksin

i have lots of good ideas but they only involve evil and taguchi, or as their tag team will be known, Everything Is B-Hole

• Locked thread