Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

jase1 posted:

Did anyone have any complete years of shows or clips uploaded anywhere besides eric the midget? I have listened to Eric enough for now and I wanted to listen to some older stuff if any of it is available anywhere.

We have every Gilbert appearance ever if you want that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

The thing Artie does that royally pisses me off the most is his massive chip on his shoulder towards co-workers who didn't put their entire lives on hold to help him get help.

Not to say that no one should try to help anyone or that someone should never try to help anyone, it's obviously more complicated than that, but god drat I hate his attitude about it. Like anyone with the misfortune of coming across him has a legal obligation to stop everything they're doing to help him like they're licensed professionals or even have the basic skills/personality to deal with that sort of thing. Drug addicts are known for being liars and cheats, I don't fault anyone for not wanting to get involved. I wonder how many people he's helped?

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Artie's idea of helping someone is to throw money at them. It makes him feel like less of a dirtbag while he doesn't have to lift a finger and actually do anything.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

beep by grandpa posted:

The thing Artie does that royally pisses me off the most is his massive chip on his shoulder towards co-workers who didn't put their entire lives on hold to help him get help.

Not to say that no one should try to help anyone or that someone should never try to help anyone, it's obviously more complicated than that, but god drat I hate his attitude about it. Like anyone with the misfortune of coming across him has a legal obligation to stop everything they're doing to help him like they're licensed professionals or even have the basic skills/personality to deal with that sort of thing. Drug addicts are known for being liars and cheats, I don't fault anyone for not wanting to get involved. I wonder how many people he's helped?

It's just typical addict deflection. If you've ever had the misfortune of dealing with an addict there's only so much you can do. You can hide their keys or flush the drugs/booze down the toilet but you can't babysit them 24/7 or force them to stay in a program where all they have to do is sign themselves out.

I had a relative who ended up living with some older man in a weird situation where I guess he banged her and in exchange put up with her insanity. The few times she was arrested and forced into a treatment program she got him to come down and sign her out. If they don't want to get better then addicts will find a way to avoid treatment and continue using.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

cumshitter posted:

It's just typical addict deflection. If you've ever had the misfortune of dealing with an addict there's only so much you can do. You can hide their keys or flush the drugs/booze down the toilet but you can't babysit them 24/7 or force them to stay in a program where all they have to do is sign themselves out.

I had a relative who ended up living with some older man in a weird situation where I guess he banged her and in exchange put up with her insanity. The few times she was arrested and forced into a treatment program she got him to come down and sign her out. If they don't want to get better then addicts will find a way to avoid treatment and continue using.

If we're sharing drug addict stories a friend of mine, when we were in our early 20s, had a friend who was an old roommate whose mom got really sick and he needed money for her hospital bills. Eventually she died and they didn't have the money for a funeral my friend and his family helped him out with that only to find out that nothing was ever wrong with the mom and she was still alive- the roommate had been taking money from my best friend/former roommate for better part of a year to fuel his prescription pills addiction. My mom (who was a nurse) was trying to tell my friend that his story wasn't adding up but he didn't care and kept giving the dude money. It's a shame and he's never quite been the same since that happened :/ my lesson from all that was if a dude is willing to lie to his best friend about the death of his own mother, there are is no bottom to what a drug addict will sink to.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

BiggerBoat posted:

Man, as much as the mainstream and the media like to take shots at Howard, sometimes it feels like his fans are even harder on him.

I totally agree and Howard has unsurprisingly said as much. People definitely like drama on the show, but I admit I personally draw the entertainment line when it falls outside of show and staff. Sal's issues with his wife were never funny to me, but him getting in fights with staff due to his insecurity with his relationship was funny. So I hope that Howard is not cheating or getting cheated on because it is too real. I like to stick with good interviews and phony phone calls and wack packers being ridiculous.

As far as Artie, he happily throws anybody under the bus (including himself) any time it is convenient. Howard internalizes like crazy and Artie had always abused something, so it is not up to Howard to identify heroin abuse versus some guy just drinking too much and not getting enough sleep. Artie is a ball of substance abuse and drama and has lashed out at anyone who hasn't continued to coddle him. Plenty of people helped him them dropped him like a hot rock, but they have not had enough success since for him to get pissed that they are not returning his calls. Artie as a guest on Howard before he retires would be enough for me to call in sick to work at this point, because eye to eye I think it would be a smart and engaging discussion between the two, but Howard has nothing to gain at this point and Artie has proven he has a lot to complain about.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
So George is out now?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Bonzo posted:

So George is out now?

If you're talking about how he threw Howard under the bus in regards to those sexual molestation allegations, then yes I think he is definitely not coming back on the show. George basically sacrificed his relationship with the show in order to justify his comments.

Howard says he hopes to have George back on but its not going to happen.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Are these new comments or is this based on the retarded "I play a character" nonsense he said from a week or two ago

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

beep by grandpa posted:

Are these new comments or is this based on the retarded "I play a character" nonsense he said from a week or two ago

Same comments. Howard went through them again this morning. He said he had a tough vacation and this was one of the reasons why.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Ahh, the timeless "my on-air personality is a character" excuse, used by Eric the Actor and Robin previously to great success.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Sand Monster posted:

Ahh, the timeless "my on-air personality is a character" excuse, used by Eric the Actor and Robin previously to great success.

On the line now, we have... uhh... 'Jorge' from Utah.

"Howdy, Howard... how're yuuuuuuu? I just heard those crazy allegations against George Takei, and I immediately thought 'Oh myyyy goodness', and figured I'd call in to express that. I don't know much about him, but he seems like an alright guy."

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

so how many messages has Artie left George at this point?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

George.. It's Art...

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

Nah, he only does that to bring back people so he can continue to wrangle them for favors. It's the junkie's version of finding a loophole: if you alienate enough people eventually you don't have anybody to fall back on. Artie's been a leech like this for a few decades so at this point he knows how to weasel back into the good graces of people. He plays the victim and makes a note of how sick he is and yeah he knows he's a fuckup but just for one more time..... This is why a lot of his MadTV friends no longer speak to him. They know he's only coming back so he can continue finding a way to keep using without getting the blame for it. And he knows if he keeps it up he'll find someone who gives him that one last chance and then he can continue leeching off of them as well.

As for Howard cheating on Beth....why not? At this point, bring on the drama.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

LOL Oh Brent, never stop being that paranoid pot head redneck that you are.

http://www.tampabay.com/howard-stern-brent-seminole-heights-killer

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Bonzo posted:

LOL Oh Brent, never stop being that paranoid pot head redneck that you are.

http://www.tampabay.com/howard-stern-brent-seminole-heights-killer

This dude is George Zimmerman in the making, I swear.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Moniker posted:

This dude is George Zimmerman in the making, I swear.

No kidding. He has PTSD and has been self medicating for years. His (ex?)wife, used to say on the show how he would just blaze up every night and ramble about these insane conspiracies and was just paranoid as hell. Bubba would have him research different legal stuff and Brent would scour InfoWars level sites for information.

He was kept in check a bit because Spiceboy and Manson would make fun of him and he'd shut up. I can't find it with a quick YouTube search but lookup when they got him drunk on Jack Daniels if you want to hear someone having a psychotic episode in real time.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Yeah that's what residents living in fear of a serial killer want....some non law enforcement rear end in a top hat walking around with another guy who's armed asking a bunch of questions about the serial killer

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Bonzo posted:

He was kept in check a bit because Spiceboy and Manson would make fun of him and he'd shut up. I can't find it with a quick YouTube search but lookup when they got him drunk on Jack Daniels if you want to hear someone having a psychotic episode in real time.

That is a legit meltdown, too. He thought he was close to getting a divorce as well so it just compounds. The first like 10 minutes are loving hilarious though because it's just whoever (Spiceboy? I know nothing of Bubba's crew beyond Bubba and Brent) hurling insults at a drunk Brent while Bubba uses some stupid drop to poke and prod Brent even more. It's professional trolling and hysterical and then he completely shatters as a human being.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

That is a legit meltdown, too. He thought he was close to getting a divorce as well so it just compounds. The first like 10 minutes are loving hilarious though because it's just whoever (Spiceboy? I know nothing of Bubba's crew beyond Bubba and Brent) hurling insults at a drunk Brent while Bubba uses some stupid drop to poke and prod Brent even more. It's professional trolling and hysterical and then he completely shatters as a human being.

Moonshine Miller vs Angry Jack Brent is the absolute best.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Szyznyk posted:

Moonshine Miller vs Angry Jack Brent is the absolute best.

I think I found it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52ayYwXD8P4

Hey, it embedded correctly!

Anyway, you can hear how much of an insecure rear end in a top hat Brent is right from the beginning. It doesn't take him much to go off the rails and then to have a trainwreck like Bubba wail on him until he's crying in the backroom.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Meanwhile Brent comes to investigate and they catch the serial killer the next day. Do you think that's a coincidence? Thank you, Citizen Hatley.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Howard's best buddy Matt Lauer fired

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
I maintain the Brent Hatley songs Manson and "Ned" did are better then anything coming out of Sal and Richards studio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgrWyoJTNDQ

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Like most of those just follow the Booey song formula of just saying the name to the song. No joke like half those song had been done in the 90s with Booey in them.

e: over half, like drat near all of them.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Nov 29, 2017

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Crotch Bat posted:

Like most of those just follow the Booey song formula of just saying the name to the song. No joke like half those song had been done in the 90s with Booey in them.

What do you do for a living?
Look, the show has evolved.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Crotch Bat posted:

e: over half, like drat near all of them.

Counterpoint: The musical treasure that is Baker Street Booey

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

an AOL chatroom posted:

Or the Booey Imperial March.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Manson (Ned) was pretty good in that he could write full length parody songs within a day or two.

I wish I could find the video of Brent's attempt at MMA.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

an AOL chatroom posted:

Counter to that: Angry Young Booey is the best Booey parody, with Psych's 'Wrecking Ball ETM tribute' THIS being the best parody related to the show ever :colbert: (this file is never, ever leaving my google drive. I should probably upload it to youtube, more people need to hear this.)

Comedy option: the Ghostbusters KC song.

EDIT:

prefect posted:

Or the Booey Imperial March.

Ok, this is good poo poo, too.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

euphronius posted:

Howard's best buddy Matt Lauer fired

First George and now Matt. Who's next?? Bababooey?!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Here you go, friends. Hope it isn't taken down immediately:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qu_Ix9xvd8

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I think I found it:

Anyway, you can hear how much of an insecure rear end in a top hat Brent is right from the beginning. It doesn't take him much to go off the rails and then to have a trainwreck like Bubba wail on him until he's crying in the backroom.

I'm very unaware of most anything to do with Bubba's show -- is this the Brent meltdown that has been discussed recently or is that a different incident?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I think I found it:

Thanks! I’ve been looking for this forever.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I will never not laugh at the idea of Sour Shoes calling up Steve Langford only to immediately tell him a hushed, hurried voice that he needs to call him right back.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I've got a Hit em With the Hein parody set to "California Dreaming" that's nothing but then the words "hit em with the Hein". It's probably been done

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Sand Monster posted:

I'm very unaware of most anything to do with Bubba's show -- is this the Brent meltdown that has been discussed recently or is that a different incident?

Yes, this is the one. I listened to it in real time and while most of the drama on Bubba's show is fabricated, this got pretty real.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Bonzo posted:

Yes, this is the one. I listened to it in real time and while most of the drama on Bubba's show is fabricated, this got pretty real.

Brent sobbing in the bathroom or whatever it was, yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I will never not laugh at the idea of Sour Shoes calling up Steve Langford only to immediately tell him a hushed, hurried voice that he needs to call him right back.

"I was made for loving you" by Kiss has forever been tainted by Sour Shoes singing "I was made for loving Steve Langford"

"Let's Dance" will also always make me think of "Black Tits"