Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
David and Robin perform very differently in gameplay. David is more of a Support/Survival role, while Robin's entire utility is tied up in his massive NP nukes.

Also Caesar at 50 is largely fine - he's S-curve so his last 20 levels don't do that much and his last 10 levels do almost jack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I have the birthday lines unlocked, but will servants actually say them in My Room?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So I have the birthday lines unlocked, but will servants actually say them in My Room?

If it's your birthday? Yes.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Oh right, the game has already rolled over into Wednesday.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Here's something amusing about the birthday lines: they will be added to the voice section when you have your birthday, and all servants that were released on or before your birthday will have them added, even if you get them after your birthday. Servants released after your birthday will not have them added, though.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I only just now realized I accidentally burned my Gilles, most likely when I was getting rid of all my dupe Servants during my Okita blowout.

And I was planning on using him today too...

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I thought you said Gil and almost puked

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I mean, it's not like that's much of a loss. :v:

Though the safe tactic is to lock one of every single Servant you get, to prevent that from happening.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Why does every Irish hero need the exploding orange poo poo

I need more Octuplet, are they in any coming events?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Tired Moritz posted:

Why does every Irish hero need the exploding orange poo poo

I need more Octuplet, are they in any coming events?

Because YEAH!!!

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Glancing at the event schedule, it looks like Valentine's is the next event with a stock of Octuplet Crystals, so no. Today's a good day to farm them if you need some though, because the Berserker Training missions have a bunch of golems that can drop them.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Pureauthor posted:

I only just now realized I accidentally burned my Gilles, most likely when I was getting rid of all my dupe Servants during my Okita blowout.

Just occurred to me that Gilles de Rais (Caster) is probably the rarest Servant I own.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Lord Koth posted:

Glancing at the event schedule, it looks like Valentine's is the next event with a stock of Octuplet Crystals, so no. Today's a good day to farm them if you need some though, because the Berserker Training missions have a bunch of golems that can drop them.
Just FYI
By 'good' means about 1 in 6 runs on average because farming golem stones remains a miserable experience for a long long time.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Christmas NA details are out. Notably, unless they made a typo on the dates the first day is literally just the prologue mission. No Free Quests.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
My roommate spent probably $160+ trying to get either Gil or Scathach.

Got neither, ended up with Carmilla, Atalante, a whole bunch of Medea Lily and a million Knights Dignity and Devil Boars. :negative:

Meanwhile I got Scathach on my second 10 roll on the first banner. So I never bothered rolling the other two.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Pureauthor posted:

every time you get the new spirit summoned bit always always lock the first copy right then

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Well poo poo, didn't realize just how poo poo Emiya's Attack growth was after level 70. He gets ~200 from his last 10 levels. Not worth the exp right now, especially since I have both Nobu and Robin to level right now. Seeing him level up and get ~20 attack was kinda demoralizing.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Ashsaber posted:

Well poo poo, didn't realize just how poo poo Emiya's Attack growth was after level 70. He gets ~200 from his last 10 levels. Not worth the exp right now, especially since I have both Nobu and Robin to level right now. Seeing him level up and get ~20 attack was kinda demoralizing.

It's often a good idea to check the servant's growth pattern to see if spending precious XP on those last levels is worth it.

In Emiya's case, it's S-shaped, so yeah he's very near his cap and will get very little per level.
(He has 9147 Atk at Lv. 70, and will reach 9398 at Lv. 80)

Kazemai has everyone's growths in handy graph format.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Nov 29, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Decided to finally try out using my two 2030's so I went with Okita/Scathach with a Waver/2030 support on my Berserker training ground runs.

:stare: Yeah, I think this will work. 30-40 stars every turn with two characters with star gather skills is pretty OK.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Nov 29, 2017

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Two tickets on my alt, first was Ozy, second was Caster of Okeanos. Sure, whatever! My luck is amazing right now, I'll stop complaining! I'll still be very confused though.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Decided to finally try out using my two 2030's so I went with Okita/Scathach with a Wave/2030 support on my Berserker training ground runs.

:stare: Yeah, I think this will work. 30-40 stars every turn with two characters with star gather skills is pretty OK.

They're great, but I really wouldn't use them on my dps servants. You lose a lot of stats for 8 stars/turn

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Wuxi posted:

They're great, but I really wouldn't use them on my dps servants. You lose a lot of stats for 8 stars/turn
Yeah I'm not sure I would use this setup on a lot of content, but it helps when I just want to wail on guys and not worry too much about NP charging (since they charge super fast off of crits). More often than not I get to Lancelot with a NP ready to go and it combined with whatever leftover crits usually finishes off both him and Caligula in one turn, especially if I get two Buster Crits with some of the crit boosting skills on. In one case Okita was able to do 68,000 damage on a single Buster crit.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
This may be a dumb question, but does the number of stars affect the damage of the critical hit or just the chance percentage?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Each star is an additional 10% chance, that's all. Which means 24 stars (from three 2030s) is close to near 50% on all cards which is easily manipulatable with star gather skills or innate class gather weights. To say nothing of the additional stars that servants like Okita produce.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Yeah, I know it boosts the percentage to crit. I just didn't know if it affected the damage in some way as well or not.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That's why I said, "that's all". A crit is a binary state, it either happens or it doesn't.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Would be nice if they gave it a crit damage increase when you go higher than 50 so it actually does something. Have it give 50% crit damage at 99 stars for example.

Marogareh fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Nov 29, 2017

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Nate RFB posted:

Decided to finally try out using my two 2030's so I went with Okita/Scathach with a Waver/2030 support on my Berserker training ground runs.

Now try using something like my Nobu with Level 10 Demon King and an MLB Knight Pride, +100% crit damage :getin:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh my god, please implement this QOL feature like, 4 months ago:

The only thing that would be better if they actually collapsed all the XP cards of the same type into one node with like (x33) over them.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I can't decide if I should put a hard cap at 90 quartz for what I spend on Christmas or just keep going until I get one of the rateup SRs.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Got my servants level as much as I can for now. Here's my support layout. Any CE recommendations? I tried to gauge on each servant's strength but any advice is welcome since I feel like I'm kind of garbage at that. Thanks.

Also, I have an 80 Tamamo Cat. She has about 2K more HP than Lancelot, but Lancelot hits harder by about 1K attack. Is one really better than the other?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

RanKizama posted:

Also, I have an 80 Tamamo Cat. She has about 2K more HP than Lancelot, but Lancelot hits harder by about 1K attack. Is one really better than the other?

Tamamo's NP gain is much better but Lancelot can make very good use of the turn after his NP. Since you don't seem to have Kaleidoscope I'd say she'd be a better support choice than him?

Though that assumes people on your friends list actually know what they're doing rather than just picking whoever has the highest ATK.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

RanKizama posted:

As one of those people on your friends list, I'm never gonna use a Lancelot that doesn't have a Kaleidoscope. It's hard enough just getting him 20%NP in the first round, more than that is a pipe dream. And if he doesn't have NP until the third round, he's no better than Tamamo with her stun.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Yeah, Lancelot really wants Kaleido and he really wants Waver too.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I highly doubt this will actually be the case (clearing the 50AP is going to be hard, there will be reallife time constraints, and the spreadsheet is likely going to be off in a lot of ways in terms of drops), but assuming I run the 50AP enough times to clear out the regular store which is apparently feasible with the number of apples I have on hand with one Present For My Master CE, the lottery apparently would net me:

1190 prisms
1062 4* XP cards
200 Million QP

If I got even a quarter of that, that would be pretty OK. I'd be interested in hearing how JP players first made out in this thing, on average.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

NRVNQSR posted:

Tamamo's NP gain is much better but Lancelot can make very good use of the turn after his NP. Since you don't seem to have Kaleidoscope I'd say she'd be a better support choice than him?

ZiegeDame posted:

As one of those people on your friends list, I'm never gonna use a Lancelot that doesn't have a Kaleidoscope. It's hard enough just getting him 20%NP in the first round, more than that is a pipe dream. And if he doesn't have NP until the third round, he's no better than Tamamo with her stun.

Noted. Will swap for Bersercat for now. Thanks!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Meanwhile in JP FGO

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I am somewhat miffed we get Circe before Odysseus.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRtIIAGFobc

Salem loli is indeed Abigail Williams. Busty witch is Tituba. Nice.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Nate RFB posted:

If I got even a quarter of that, that would be pretty OK. I'd be interested in hearing how JP players first made out in this thing, on average.

I second this request. I've heard as many as 79 resets, and as low as 23 resets. I want to hear the number of feasible resets.