Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Servaetes posted:

Pantheon, etc irl

ExCUSE me, but I don’t CONSIDer PANTHeon to be an ASSASSIN, you can see from his builds th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Teikanmi posted:

I try to keep myself from doing that stuff. It's weird, I have been playing for a long time and only in the past few months has this started happening. I try to rest my arm on my chair and my mouse isn't far away at all, right on the edge of the desk. I think it may have something to do with how tall my desk is because it makes me lift my right shoulder up.

I used to get pain in my shoulder when gaming, until CS made me use a very low sensitivity which forced me to move closer to the table and rest most of my forearm on it. Getting the perfect height either from the chair or the desk (or both) so my forearm arm is resting horizontally on the desk when I'm in a neutral position (upper arm 30'ish degrees out from my torso centre line, if that makes sense) is key for my shoulder not to act up.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Nov 29, 2017

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Rengar snowballs harder than Kha'zix thanks to his passive (flat + % bonus AD), but suffers from having a weak initial clear/poor early dueling. Kha'zix snowballs well, but doesn't have the early clear and dueling issues (thanks to Q Isolation bonus).

The new season's current meta of duel early fight often tends to favor Kha'zix over Rengar, though your overall success with either will depend on you getting kills early to start snowballing.

P.S. I think tank meta should be coming back once folks realize the strongest champs right now are ones that get to build all HP and resist and still poo poo out damage.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
[with a great sense of levity] The ultimate nut.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Mikujin posted:

Rengar snowballs harder than Kha'zix thanks to his passive (flat + % bonus AD), but suffers from having a weak initial clear/poor early dueling. Kha'zix snowballs well, but doesn't have the early clear and dueling issues (thanks to Q Isolation bonus).

The new season's current meta of duel early fight often tends to favor Kha'zix over Rengar, though your overall success with either will depend on you getting kills early to start snowballing.

P.S. I think tank meta should be coming back once folks realize the strongest champs right now are ones that get to build all HP and resist and still poo poo out damage.

that tower smashing rune lets you build full tank and still split push with 100% effectiveness

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

rabidsquid posted:

that tower smashing rune lets you build full tank and still split push with 100% effectiveness

That + Yorick Q does about half a tower's health.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Lovechop posted:

[with a great sense of levity] The ultimate nut.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

This game just happened.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

I used to get pain in my shoulder when gaming, until CS made me use a very low sensitivity which forced me to move closer to the table and rest most of my forearm on it. Getting the perfect high either from the chair or the desk (or both) so my forearm arm is resting horizontally on the desk when I'm in a neutral position (upper arm 30'ish degrees out from my torso center line, if that makes sense) is key for my shoulder not to act up.

Hmm so basically forearm resting completely on the desk up to your elbow? Do you lift your monitor or tilt the monitor at any angle so that you don't need to hunch over to see better?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Personally, I have my armrests set up so that my arms are effectively parallel with the desk (and, thus, my mouse). My monitor's got a very slight tilt upwards, but is otherwise flat on, with my eye level in a neutral position roughly lining up with the top of the screen (though not the monitor itself). The monitor bit is what ended up helping out my wrist/shoulder pain the most. It took a lot of adjustment to find what was comfortable. I just stacked a bunch of books underneath it and gradually added/removed some until I found a position that was comfortable for multiple hours.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Yeah I gave up on Rengar and bought Jarvan instead, I'm enjoying him so much more. I'm not taking my chances with another Assassin till I have a decent jungle lineup to pick from. "Feast or famine" sounds really unfun.

Should I Q>E>W or Q>W>E with jungle Jarvan? Or something else?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Elman posted:

Yeah I gave up on Rengar and bought Jarvan instead, I'm enjoying him so much more. I'm not taking my chances with another Assassin till I have a decent jungle lineup to pick from. "Feast or famine" sounds really unfun.

QEW. The cooldown on W doesn't scale with rank, and since all J4 does is combo, auto, and dunk, you want to be able to use your combo as often as possible. As an added bonus, additional attack speed for the whole team is relevant.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Teikanmi posted:

Hmm so basically forearm resting completely on the desk up to your elbow? Do you lift your monitor or tilt the monitor at any angle so that you don't need to hunch over to see better?

Yeah approx. 3/4 of my forearm is resting on the table with my stomach lightly touching the edge.
Middle of my monitor is pretty close to eye level. If that is not possible for you angling it seems like a solid idea.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Nov 29, 2017

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I secure my laptop to my body while strapped into a suspended bouncy chair, flailing wildly around the room for an ergonomic and dynamic gaming experience

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

el dingo posted:

I secure my laptop to my body while strapped into a suspended bouncy chair, flailing wildly around the room for an ergonomic and dynamic gaming experience

Forgot what I said. This guy seems to have the right idea.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Elman posted:

E at level one, then as KCW stated it's R>Q>E>W. Dunk all day.

J4 can't also be built as a surprisingly effective assassin. Grab Duskblade after a Warrior jungle item (or rush the Duskblade if you're feeling saucy). The proc benefits from your 26% Armor Shred on Q if you combo before you auto. J4 can pop a lot of people basically all game long because of this.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

kingcobweb posted:

QEW. The cooldown on W doesn't scale with rank, and since all J4 does is combo, auto, and dunk, you want to be able to use your combo as often as possible. As an added bonus, additional attack speed for the whole team is relevant.

QWE but start E. It used to be QEW but since his W got buffed I prefer that second.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Any thoughts on Kassadin and the new runes? I've tried aery and comet, both of which seem reasonable, but not ideal. I've heard that press the attack kassadin might be a thing?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Sexpansion posted:

Any thoughts on Kassadin and the new runes? I've tried aery and comet, both of which seem reasonable, but not ideal. I've heard that press the attack kassadin might be a thing?

Electrocute..? He's an assassin with a 3+ hit burst combo who doesn't bring strong CC.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Electrocute..? He's an assassin with a 3+ hit burst combo who doesn't bring strong CC.

yeah I will try that, but his laning phase is kind of rough and I don't think it would particularly help it. You really need early Q poke to survive most lanes.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Aery because it synergizes with his laning pattern of "press q on the enemy"

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Another thing I think is passing people by is the strength of Vi in the jungle, it might just be because she just got a new skin so people are playing her but every game I've been in with a Vi lately she's popped the gently caress off.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

henkman posted:

Aery because it synergizes with his laning pattern of "press q on the enemy"

Does Aery on him switch between damage on the enemy and shielding on him when he uses his Q?

njsykora posted:

Another thing I think is passing people by is the strength of Vi in the jungle, it might just be because she just got a new skin so people are playing her but every game I've been in with a Vi lately she's popped the gently caress off.

Vi got buffed by Sudden Impact and the loss of armor runes. She's fun as hell right now, but you have to lean into murdering people since they took out Courage of the Colossus

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Ok so who should I gently caress with in the jungle right now? Vi, Shy, Jarvan, or Xin?
Also what Vi skin? Is warring kingdoms finally out?

Orv
May 4, 2011

RC Cola posted:

Ok so who should I gently caress with in the jungle right now? Vi, Shy, Jarvan, or Xin?
Also what Vi skin? Is warring kingdoms finally out?

(The new) Warring Kingdoms skins won't be back until like, mid-January? So Debonair.

Though really just abuse Shyv while she's out of control.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Orv posted:

(The new) Warring Kingdoms skins won't be back until like, mid-January? So Debonair.

Though really just abuse Shyv while she's out of control.
Vi got a PROJECT skin in the latest set and it is good

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Luna Was Here posted:

But Janna tho

i climbed to diamond V when coin had that lovely elixir of skill and ardent censer was unimpressive, so this is factually incorrect

Orv
May 4, 2011

Rygar201 posted:

Vi got a PROJECT skin in the latest set and it is good

Yeah I know, I'm kinda not a fan of it honestly. She's in a dark grey metal suit and her fists glow orange and that's kinda it, other than the obligatory VFX recolor and back animation. Warring Kingdoms still takes my top spot for her.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Mikujin posted:

This game just happened.

Mordekaiser Yasuo Shaco.

I guess when you pick a bunch of worthless turd champions you hard feed.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Orv posted:

Yeah I know, I'm kinda not a fan of it honestly. She's in a dark grey metal suit and her fists glow orange and that's kinda it, other than the obligatory VFX recolor and back animation. Warring Kingdoms still takes my top spot for her.

Well yeah, but I can't just buy that one :smith:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Rygar201 posted:

Well yeah, but I can't just buy that one :smith:

Yeah I know, I wasn't playing at the time either so I've got to wait until January too.

How Rude posted:

Mordekaiser Yasuo Shaco.

I guess when you pick a bunch of worthless turd champions you hard feed.

Hey man, Shaco is just... he's beautiful you know, a beautiful dream wrapped in poo poo and darkness.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Rygar201 posted:

Does Aery on him switch between damage on the enemy and shielding on him when he uses his Q?

Shielding is only applied when you apply effects to allies, and not yourself.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Shaco seems okay right now honestly. His early ganks are pretty good with his mixed damage (ad shaco boxes hurt more now) and he transitions well to "erase one person" assassin.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Vermain posted:

Shielding is only applied when you apply effects to allies, and not yourself.
I just wanted to see the ghost cat bound at the enemy and then right back to Kassadin hah

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Shaco seems okay right now honestly. His early ganks are pretty good with his mixed damage (ad shaco boxes hurt more now) and he transitions well to "erase one person" assassin.

I'm framing it from the perspective that a Shaco player will not do that and instead be a greedy idiot that squanders his lead.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

https://my.mixtape.moe/mrmcrl.webm
:riot:

Orv
May 4, 2011
That happened to my friend yesterday as Jayce, he did his hammer leap while getting ganked and he went home, then slowly floated back down, dead.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

There's some weird glitch that occasionally happens with dashes when they're combined with high-velocity knockups. My only guess is that there's some janky interaction between the fixed speed that dashes apply and the overall velocity of the knockup (so that the knockup velocity is given an insane modifier).

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Players being flung way into the air is as old as the game itself I think, some of the first League glitch videos I saw were poo poo like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Jax loves to fly like a helicopter, pretty sure those bugs have to do with knockbacks/knockups when someone is on exactly the same coordinate as you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmxJWWQwiDI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXiIiBm4-0s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miUwEldrJmM