Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

You missed the best ones

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I’m not sure how it is in states that don’t have shitloads of free water but here in Michigan your source pipe is almost always 3/4” or 1” copper with 3/4” supplying your hot water heater and washing machine and the rest of the house having ½” copper of pvc supply

I’ve never seen 3/8” pipe before

theflyingorc posted:

then you haven't looked down

:five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Farmdizzle posted:
plumber chiming in...

you're not going to be bending anything bigger than 3/8" copper tubing for anything modern if you want it to code. that setup looks like 3/4". also every solar setup I've ever seen has used plain old "M" thickness rigid tubing just like any other code-compliant install. solar doesn't require anything thicker that I'm aware of. you can't use the thinner "L" stuff on *anything* other than relief valve lines no matter if it's solar or standard.

that being said HOOOOLY gently caress that's a lot of wasted money in pro-press fittings which also makes me think this had to be put in without a hot work (ie soldering) permit. also i'll bet they're gonna get some water hammering with all that hosed up unsupported routing. i'd love to see the inspector's face

This guy doesn’t know what he’s talking about either because type M copper is thinner than type L. Type L is standard thickness for pressure pipe. Type M is used sometimes for sanitary piping.

He is right though that it is a total waste of fittings. I have no clue how someone decided this was the right way to go.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I found a video of the installation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMfTo8VXgCs

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

This tiny bathroom in a studio in Park Slope, Brooklyn was recently renovated and the existing sink fixture was replaced with a closet, so they had to squeeze in this adorable yet utterly useless babby sink.

Are you supposed to stand with one foot in the shower when you're washing up? Is that why there's no shower curtain rod?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
That would seem like the ideal scenario to use one of those sinks that's built into the toilet tank.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

That would seem like the ideal scenario to use one of those sinks that's built into the toilet tank.

Or vice versa :thunk:

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Those seem lovely to use (ha ha) in that you'd presumably have to lean over the toilet seat, or kneel on it? Or straddle the toilet? All very uncomfortable.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

Or vice versa :thunk:

That's what sinks are already. Anybody?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Toilet tank sinks are good for rinsing hands but not brushing your teeth.

The tape and the plant make me think these box towers are semi-permanent...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

peanut posted:

The tape and the plant make me think these box towers are semi-permanent...

Were you at the cinema? Because all I see is the box office.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Jaded Burnout posted:

ugh jesus

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Jaded Burnout posted:

:frogout:

Ok I chuckled

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Sorry I thought it must be a cinema because of the innovate screening they're doing.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
He'll never be head of a major corporation.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Baronjutter posted:

Is crime a huge problem in that desert? Those are some serious cages around the windows that I'd expect from an old timey wild west jailhouse or a warehouse in a high crime area. Looks super institutional or depressing on a house. There certainly property crime issues in my city but you almost never see bars on windows, specially on houses. Also quite often it's a huge fire code violation.

Which side of the door are the locks on? That looks like an old west prison.

also:

kid sinister fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Nov 27, 2017

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

New Transformers looking kinda lame.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

I...uh...what?

cephalopods
Aug 11, 2013

HOA bait?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Baronjutter posted:

Is crime a huge problem in that desert? Those are some serious cages around the windows that I'd expect from an old timey wild west jailhouse or a warehouse in a high crime area. Looks super institutional or depressing on a house. There certainly property crime issues in my city but you almost never see bars on windows, specially on houses. Also quite often it's a huge fire code violation.

It's in midtown, I'd say about half the homes in the area have bars, including my own. Most don't meet modern fire code (keyed, no-quick release) and I had to remove them from my bedroom windows to get a mortgage. The bars are up so that you can leave the windows open all day while you're gone, as the area was primarily evap cooled when built, and it's still a popular cooling method.

You can get nicer looking security screens now for sliders, but not for casements, really.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Jaded Burnout posted:

gently caress.

:golfclap:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

spog posted:

I...uh...what?

It's likely a shroud to protect from the weather and make it more aesthetically pleasing. They just pulled it up to access the cabling, I'd guess.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

kid sinister posted:

Which side of the door are the locks on? That looks like an old west prison.

also:

Is that Invader Zim's house?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

It just one of these, but in a (sub)urban setting.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Maybe my neighbors won't notice if my chimney gets 15 feet taller overnight and I can do similar for a ham mast.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
someone needs to splice that chimney into the chest-burster scene from alien

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
That robo-cactus looks like background art from a MegaMan game

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Here's another style, half the time you never notice them even when they're real lovely

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Indolent Bastard posted:

It just one of these, but in a (sub)urban setting.

Aaahhhh, I see.

We have them, too:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Buncha dumb looking poo poo near me like this

I AM FOOLED

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
Cities around here will pay churches to put the cell towers in their steeples.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

The Bloop posted:

Buncha dumb looking poo poo near me like this

I AM FOOLED

Counterpoint: This is in a neighborhood where multiple people thought a mansard roof was a good idea. They won't be bothered by the cell tower.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Seen in Auckland airport

Progressive JPEG fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Nov 29, 2017

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Progressive JPEG posted:

Seen in Auckland airport

If people are going to hop on the travelator and stand still, then maybe we don't deserve a travelator at all.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

That kinda looks like a temporary construction barrier, but I could be wrong.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Yeah, it looks poly up to the pedway, and then plywood on the pedway itself under the wall.

Still kind of weird place to do it, when if they simply shifted it about foot over the entire pedway would be behind the barrier.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Proteus Jones posted:

Yeah, it looks poly up to the pedway, and then plywood on the pedway itself under the wall.

Still kind of weird place to do it, when if they simply shifted it about foot over the entire pedway would be behind the barrier.

Measuring twice is hard ok?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Proteus Jones posted:

probably needed the lights above to get enough lumens in the walkway

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

It's just a really narrow travelator, what's the deal?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

therobit posted:

Counterpoint: This is in a neighborhood where multiple people thought a mansard roof was a good idea. They won't be bothered by the cell tower.

The people that live in those buildings did not design them or choose to live in them for aesthetic purposes. They almost certainly live there because the rent is low and they don't do thorough background checks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

My Lovely Horse posted:

It's just a really narrow travelator, what's the deal?

Thin privilege