Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

DTM sucks
ANIME GT owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

track day bro! posted:

Actually I tell a lie the track selection is pretty good, also dont they come to brands sometimes. Super GT has more interesting cars though, plus they have GT300 category which is pretty drat diverse. Also Germany need to embrace Anime cars.

This is a cool and good opinion

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Norns posted:

DTM sucks
ANIME GT owns

this though....

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

They should just move the MotoGP Japan race to Sugo, where the Superbike race used to be.

RIP World Superbike. You were a good series and then the MotoGP promoter bought you and you died (1500quid DO NOT READ)

Motegi owns and the MotoGP promoter owns. Hth.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Motegi is very bad.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Twin Ring Motegi is loving trash. No wonder 1500 loves it

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

reminder that Mercedes is pulling out of DTM

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns posted:

Twin Ring Motegi is loving trash. No wonder 1500 loves it

He’s just a huge Danica fan

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Mercedes should pull out of everything

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Twin Ring Motegi produced the best loving race I've ever seen this year, it owns.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I remember a few years ago the DTM champion was sponsored by a company called FAG which I had a lol at.

I'm pretty sure they make stuff like wheelbearings and cv joints. I saw a bunch of parts boxes with FAG written on them in my mates garage and did some lols because I am a child.

Also yeah Motegi is a terrible track, somehow even with all the elevation it still manages to be a bunch of hairpins and 90 degree corners mostly.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

Twin Ring Motegi produced the best loving race I've ever seen this year, it owns.

Baku produced a good race. Baku isn't a good track

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Bad circuits can produce good races on occasion. loving Valencia had the best F1 race this decade that wasn't Canada 2010.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Check out this highlight of SBK on Sugo phwoar what a track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QENH1eXRHi0

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Well I got a good lap time on these blistered tires! Blistered tires must be good and the best. -1500 logic

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Dorna more or less bought World Superbike and deliberately ruined it in an attempt to boost flagging MotoGP grid numbers. (Aprilia and Suzuki returning to MotoGP was more or less a direct result of them loving with the SBK regs, I think the only holdout is Kwak at this point) The Spaniard fraud company must be destroyed.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

Well I got a good lap time on these blistered tires! Blistered tires must be good and the best. -1500 logic

Blistered tires own.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Bad circuits can produce good races on occasion. loving Valencia had the best F1 race this decade that wasn't Canada 2010.

Hungary produces good races quite frequently and it's a terrible track.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Norns posted:

But blistered tyres have rubber on them? :thunk:

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
I am an idiot, can someone explain to me if this Alfa news is any different than Red Bull using Tag Heuer badges on their power units?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It's not any different engine wise but Sauber goes from having $0, 2016 Ferrari engine, and bad pay driver+mediocre DTM champion to the Ferrari Jr. team with a healthy budget.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

keevo posted:

Thank god, no more trophies that are shaped like a piece of poo poo.

The Lewis trophy has been redesigned already?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Human Grand Prix posted:

Hungary produces good races quite frequently and it's a terrible track.

Hungary is a decent track, just not for F1. Kinda like Circuit de Catalunya

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I’ve been watching DTM for the last couple of seasons and kind of enjoy it. I guess like Formula E I get a kick out of seeing a bunch of drivers that never made it to F1 mixed in with a few F1 rejects.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

iospace posted:

reminder that Mercedes is pulling out of DTM

Lawrence should have pulled out tbh

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

The Unfetered One posted:

Bobby K may not have been a driver that set the field alight, but as it is he is great PR for the circus that is F1 at the moment.
Imagine F1 having the first disabled driver since Massa retired, will firmly cement the Williams team as a team of equality champions.

Great for F1 PR, great for Williams PR, and great for disability/serious injury to take a back seat.

tl;dr its all a publicity stunt

If true, it's still a more believable and deserving publicity driver than Carmen "LOL" Jorda was.

OK, what actually is the deal with Kubica's arm? That gif made it look like the hand doesn't have any mobility. I just assumed that it was all still functioning, just reduced in strength and range of motion kind of.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

track day bro! posted:

Get Giovanazzi and Valentino Rossi to somehow take the second seat ftw

I think Big LeClerc should get it OP.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

CratSock posted:

OK, what actually is the deal with Kubica's arm? That gif made it look like the hand doesn't have any mobility. I just assumed that it was all still functioning, just reduced in strength and range of motion kind of.
He doesn't have a wrist anymore and his elbow seems to be locked at an angle and definitely has no rotation. This year he apparently got the idea that he can compensate for this by moving his shoulder joint more. Had he thought of that earlier we could live through these exciting times a couple years earlier I suppose.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GramCracker posted:

Lawrence should have pulled out tbh

Yeah, Chloe is an abject failure.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CratSock posted:

If true, it's still a more believable and deserving publicity driver than Carmen "LOL" Jorda was.

I'd take Danica Patrick over Jorda any day.

Michelle Mouton over both, but that goes without saying.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Gigi Galli posted:

I think Big LeClerc should get it OP.

LeClerc is already 100% confirmed for Alfa Romeo Sauber. It's probably going to be Giovinnazi now that Alfa is aboard.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Hey! no one has said Bobby K is cool on this page yet

Kubica is a very cool dude. :allears:

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Drunk Canuck posted:

Hey! no one has said Bobby K is cool on this page yet

Kubica is a very cool dude. :allears:

Also slower than stroll

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

Yeah, Chloe is an abject failure.

Chloe is the true star of the Stroll Family

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Remember when Kubica won, defeating his teammate Quick Nick Heidfeld? This objectively proves that Kubica is at least Quick, if not outright Fast.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
A lot of people tucking into meaty luggage itt. R-Kubez will destroy Stroll if he gets the seat

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

wicka posted:

Remember when Kubica won, defeating his teammate Quick Nick Heidfeld? This objectively proves that Kubica is at least Quick, if not outright Fast. the shinier of two turds.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Kubica wasn't doing performance runs and didn't run on the hypersofts which everyone else did with their fastest times.

Kubica's performance runs come today I believe in the last couple hours of testing. We'll see then.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Ok, leading article on motorsport.com right now is Williams refusing to talk about Kubica's speed today. He was 4 tenths faster than Sirotkin however Sirotkin was on softs while Kubica set his time on the hypersofts.

Also idiots in the comments saying how since Kubica ran with a red light it must mean that he's laready signed a contract with the team because red light = superlicense instead of green = rookie.

Kubica has been eligible/in posession of a superlicense for a while now because of his prior F1 experience and rallying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm confident that Big Bobby Cube can come up to speed and win the WDC by lots of points.

• Locked thread