Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
I am going to be honest, I don't know why you'd take that job if you're Brohm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I feel like at this point it's just a matter of time before Tennessee is reported to be extending an offer to Craig T. Nelson to reprise his role as Hayden Fox.

... And then later in the day they'll introduce Jerry Van Dyke as the new coach.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Hey look, its they guy that should have been the 1st choice candidate, not the 5th

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Despite the last weekend, its still leagues better than Purdue

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Apparently Jim Bob Cooter declined to interview? lol

Brohm did a decent job with Purdue, would suck for them to lose him after a year and I don't know that he is ready for that kind of pressure.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Yeah, surely he can do better than be publicly someone's 3rd choice and assumed to be 5th or 6th.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Despite the last weekend, its still leagues better than Purdue

Sure, it's a better job than Purdue, but it's also an AD under fire and a school that has just chewed up and spit out coaches like Brohm lately. He could improve Purdue another year or two and take a better job.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Eltoasto posted:

Sure, it's a better job than Purdue, but it's also an AD under fire and a school that has just chewed up and spit out coaches like Brohm lately. He could improve Purdue another year or two and take a better job.

Yeah this is pretty much it. Like Brohm's a year away from being on everyone's list when big boys come calling. I mean, I think UT is a good job in a vacuum, but that situation is loving awful right now.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
I think Brohm is going to do good things in Purdue, and though I'd just as soon prefer he not coach in my team's division, I don't want to see Boiler Nation get a raw deal like that, either.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

Eltoasto posted:

He may very well take it, the dude obviously loves a challenege and hasn't said "no thanks!" One of his deal points was being able to bring all of his brother's with him, I can't imagine him not requiring the same of anyone else.

I'm confident that Mitch and Bobinski will do their best to make sure money isn't the issue.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Charles from Realtown has declined the Tennessee coaching position

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I mean, yeah I don't blame Arkansas at all for wanting Bert out, and if Long had to go along with him then so be it, but step 1 for Arkansas now is to get a new AD in place.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

tactlessbastard posted:

I still want to know how you're supposed to get rid of a lovely coach who isn't even trying anymore when the AD inexplicably refuses to fire him.

i'm pretty fed up with Dom Capers as well, OP

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Hey guys, I declined to be interviewed for the Tennessee job

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Has anyone called Mark Helfrich yet

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

i mean i think i could win 6, 7 games

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

The Glumslinger posted:

I threw my name in the ring. My NCAA 14 titles are pretty solid.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I'd apply but I'm afraid my ties to the region and university would lead them to offer the position.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Am I crazy, or might Rex Ryan be a good college coach? Seems like the guy could recruit if he was willing to put in the effort.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

General Dog posted:

Am I crazy, or might Rex Ryan be a good college coach? Seems like the guy could recruit if he was willing to put in the effort.

at the very least, it would be entertaining as gently caress

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

at the very least, it would be entertaining as gently caress

It's almost certainly a better idea than Jon Gruden

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Rex Ryan at TN would be a trainwreck, but considering TN is already a trainwreck, why not.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/jimmyhyams/status/935909621742653442

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Someone tell me more about Jeff Brohm.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
purdue football is BACK

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

Apparently Jim Bob Cooter declined to interview? lol

Brohm did a decent job with Purdue, would suck for them to lose him after a year and I don't know that he is ready for that kind of pressure.

There's going to be a poo poo load of coaching vacancies in the NFL this year.

off the top of my head, Giants, Bucs, Bears, Dolphins maybe, Bengals maybe, Browns, Colts, and Broncos.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

There's going to be a poo poo load of coaching vacancies in the NFL this year.

off the top of my head, Giants, Bucs, Bears, Dolphins maybe, Bengals maybe, Browns, Colts, and Broncos.

0% chance Miami moves on from Gase.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Demon Of The Fall posted:

NowLetsPlayFootball.wmv

Sucks for Purdue

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

Kevin Sumlin going home to Purdue would be great.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Man, if ya'll back into Jeff Brohm after all that

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Was awesome at WKU, runs a really fun well designed offense, did shockingly well at Purdue in year one after they’d won like 3 conference games in the entire Hazell era. He’s great. Very similar to Petrino in terms of his system but without the gross baggage.

Poor Purdue. Maybe they can promote Holt to HC and keep one of the OCs?

Eltoasto posted:

I mean I guess? It’s still a huge step up and there aren’t THAT many jobs with a higher ceiling.

It must be nice to root for a program that can gently caress up that badly and then still wind up with an amazing hire

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Brohm would be a great hire for Tennessee. He's a Louisville guy, so he's not far from that area if he coaches in Knoxville. He is a coach I thought they would be targeting all along.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Big Piece O poo poo posted:

Kevin Sumlin going home to Purdue would be great

Oh right I forgot he’s actually available now. Sumlin coming home has been the insane Purdue fan pipe dream forever and this actually might be the time, especially with ASU loving around with various television personalities instead.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
How is he with recruiting? Butch could recruit but sucked as a game day coach and planner. If Brohm is better as well as a good recruiter, that'd be awesome.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

MourningView posted:

It must be nice to root for a program that can gently caress up that badly and then still wind up with an amazing hire

tennessee is a lot of things, and one of those things is being cash rich as gently caress

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

How is he with recruiting? Butch could recruit but sucked as a game day coach and planner. If Brohm is better as well as a good recruiter, that'd be awesome.

Pretty hard to say because of where he’s been

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

I dont think Tennessee is particularly hard to recruit to in general so unless he’s just an awful recruiter I dont think he’d have too much trouble. It also depends on who he’d have as his assistants.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Blue Raider posted:

tennessee is a lot of things, and one of those things is being cash rich as gently caress

isn't that true of several dozen other programs at this point though. what makes UT so special besides a one off natty old enough to drink

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

isn't that true of several dozen other programs at this point though. what makes UT so special besides a one off natty old enough to drink

Prestige

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

mastershakeman posted:

Orange is a really pretty color and Smokey is A Good Boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

Orange is a really pretty color and Smokey is A Good Boy.

Creamsicle orange is hideous, hth

• Locked thread