Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Barrage is 4 hits at full 1x damage.

Comparative skills: 6* Northern Cross is the same potency. Flare Strike is the same potency (though over 5 hits, so a higher damage cap). It's slightly stronger than most of the physical 5* elemental skills (though the Darkness skills are as strong or stronger, with their own drawbacks). Full Charge is still stronger but contingent on having a way to cast it faster to keep a higher average. Dragoon Jump is the strongest potency 5* NE ability at 4 x 1.23x, with Jump time.

So Barrage doesn't dethrone anything but it's perfectly good non-elemental damage. It is random target, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ceaselessfuture posted:

The FFTA banner is superior in every conceivable way.

the idiot part of my brain that doesn't understand delayed gratification: "but i wanna pull nooooowwwwwwwww"

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

Hogama posted:

Barrage is 4 hits at full 1x damage.

Comparative skills: 6* Northern Cross is the same potency. Flare Strike is the same potency (though over 5 hits, so a higher damage cap). It's slightly stronger than most of the physical 5* elemental skills (though the Darkness skills are as strong or stronger, with their own drawbacks). Full Charge is still stronger but contingent on having a way to cast it faster to keep a higher average. Dragoon Jump is the strongest potency 5* NE ability at 4 x 1.23x, with Jump time.

So Barrage doesn't dethrone anything but it's perfectly good non-elemental damage. It is random target, though.

I guess I could slap it on Noctis and have an Omega Drive-lite option, so thanks for the numbers!

Brother Entropy posted:

the idiot part of my brain that doesn't understand delayed gratification: "but i wanna pull nooooowwwwwwwww"

two days, you can do ittttttt <3

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

oh poo poo i assumed it was at least a week away, yeah i can sit on my 50 for two days

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nope, come Thursday the 30th at normal event time, this thread will get five pages of goons getting lucky, other goons getting mad that goons got lucky and they didn't, and people spending 500 mythril only to get garbage and quit the game fiveever.

I think last time a banner was this hyped was Cloud USB, and that was a much worse banner overall.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

considering i got saintly excalibur in my unadvised fft pull on the renewal banners but have nothing for ramza i think i would be better off pulling on the ffta banner than waiting for the orlandeau one, confirm deny?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

rabidsquid posted:

considering i got saintly excalibur in my unadvised fft pull on the renewal banners but have nothing for ramza i think i would be better off pulling on the ffta banner than waiting for the orlandeau one, confirm deny?

I would probably throw a pull at this, and then decide if you should wait or try again. Orlandeau's USB is equally ridiculous, and having one dupe 6* isn't a dealbreaker on a banner.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

rabidsquid posted:

Ramza's USB is very good and it is on a much worse banner with the Alma/Orlandeau event, plus you have a visible high-profile dupe risk on that banner.

Basically all you'd be gaining by waiting for that banner is a chance at Orlandeau's bonkers USB/LMR, whereas here not only is the gratification (or lack thereof) quicker, but also your "consolation prize" is Agrias's slightly less bonkers USB/LMR.

tl;dr: I would pull in your situation. :justpull:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i mean it's not like the fft events are rolling up back to back. there's what, a 3 month gap between them?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cowcaster posted:

i mean it's not like the fft events are rolling up back to back. there's what, a 3 month gap between them?

thats three months worth of distractions to waste mithril on, pal.

also thanks for the advice i am gonna Just Pull

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cowcaster posted:

Just short of. The current translated banner set ends on the Onion Knight event and Dress Record Extravaganza (which should all hit around the turn of the new year), Orlandeau/Alma is four events after that (so a month, roughly). If you strike out on this banner (or are chomping at the bit for the Sword Hobo to do murderizing), you have til Early February to wait, barring unexpected event rearrangement.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
A question for you math nerds out there:

My best dagger is 125 ATK and my best sword is almost double at 224 ATK. When using Dash and Slash, should I use my dagger, or would the sword still be better?

What power of a dagger would I need to equal/surpass the sword?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Gonna pull on FFTA, FF12, and FF6

Pretty hype to pull on a god drat event banner again

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

I've only had experience with one fest, but these FFTA/FFT/FFIII banners literally seem fest-or-better quality.

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
Im hoarding my FFT pulls until the NEXT FFT event which has a banner similar to this hyped one but with TGCid stuff too

My FFT synergy is kinda all over the place though; Ramza Shout and Tailwind, Agrias SSB1 and OSB, Rapha USB, and Marach BSB. Its my only realm without a wmage medica

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I'm tempted to wait until the next FFT event because I've already pulled 4 Genji Gloves and I sure as hell don't want another.

It helps that I don't have any duplicates on the banner that is three months out.

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

I am going to put one or two on this TA banner, since I lack Ramza's USB as well as most of the other items. Then I'm waiting for a pull on XII, if I can resist Vivi.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
is that Water Banner a real thing or is my leg being pulled here?

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
If you consider the powercreep level of the game at the moment the banner was up I'd say all of the five 30th fest banners are in top 5 banners of all time while I've played.

Honorable mention to 2nd anniversary banner 4 which was another one stop shop for lategame clearing needs for the endgame we had 9 months ago.

Once OK god banner comes it'll go to top 5 and FFTA can contend as well.

Veterans can comment on older banners if they want, I remember hearing about a FFXIV god banner too.

It seems very common that extremely strong relics get balanced by total garbage in banners (thanks for the two gun arms Awakening Cloud).

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Get hosed you oversized eel. :black101:

(edit) My setup, if it'll help anyone:

Raines has BSB and full legend dive. Starts with Memento Mori, then BSB -> Command 2 -> Command 1 spam, unless BSB is available again. Fight should be over before either MM or Cmd2 buffs run out, so no need to ever recast them.

Agrias has BSB, OSB and full legend dive. Starts with Holy Cross, followed by Guardbringers after both Protectga and Wall are up. BSB is used asap, then followed by OSB uses when possible. Ideally Relm should feed her an instant action for at least one soul break, otherwise I can't made it under 30s.

Both DPS have +40% Holy boosts (both weapon and armor)

Relm has the simple job of using the RW Wall, then Shellga or Curada depending on if someone other than Onion is the most wounded. Rest of the fight is just healing, including Enkidu use. She has USB + LMR.

Onion drops his BSB, Protectga, and then punches himself if the face with Quick Hit. This usually ensures that he'll be the weakest, and dies to black fang.

Ramza starts with Entrusting Raines once to get him going, then proceeds to Wrath+Entrust Agrias a couple of times. No need to wait till full bar usually, since Agrias is also taking damage. Usual flow is Entrust -> Wrath -> Entrust -> Wrath, etc.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Nov 29, 2017

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The upcoming FFTA banner doesn't have the Orlandeu USB right? I really want to wait for that one. Are people excited for the Marche one here?

It feels like we're close enough to the elemental banners which I actually need to beat magicites that I'd rather wait (Edit: or actually that Onion Knight banner...)

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Nov 29, 2017

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The upcoming FFTA banner doesn't have the Orlandeu USB right? I really want to wait for that one. Are people excited for the Marche one here?

It feels like we're close enough to the elemental banners which I actually need to beat magicites that I'd rather wait (Edit: or actually that Onion Knight banner...)

No Orlandeau here. That's the next FFT event. The banners are very similar, with the only major item missing from the Orlandeau USB one compared to this, is Ramza USB. So if you don't mind missing out on that one, just wait till the next event.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

If you consider the powercreep level of the game at the moment the banner was up I'd say all of the five 30th fest banners are in top 5 banners of all time while I've played.

Honorable mention to 2nd anniversary banner 4 which was another one stop shop for lategame clearing needs for the endgame we had 9 months ago.

Once OK god banner comes it'll go to top 5 and FFTA can contend as well.

Veterans can comment on older banners if they want, I remember hearing about a FFXIV god banner too.

It seems very common that extremely strong relics get balanced by total garbage in banners (thanks for the two gun arms Awakening Cloud).

My top damage option for a very long time was feeding Orlandeu OSBs with entrust and spamming them.

With Cloud USB (which is basically cheating) and his own USB, Tidus hits frequent 80k sapphire shots which are then double casted and then his USB chases for a total of like, 220k a turn. This is my strategy for even bosses that resist water at this point

Attestant posted:

No Orlandeau here. That's the next FFT event. The banners are very similar, with the only major item missing from the Orlandeau USB one compared to this, is Ramza USB. So if you don't mind missing out on that one, just wait till the next event.

Oh yeah I totally don't care about Ramza USB, I've been using Rikku USB for all my buffs.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

what rabbit hole did I just fall into :froggonk:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Shoenin posted:

is that Water Banner a real thing or is my leg being pulled here?

It's real but I don't think we know much about. It got datamined during the update, and the banner header has Edge and Tidus USB pictured. Unknown what else it has, and when it comes.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
There was a Water Pick-Up Banner in JP that served as the "banner 2" to the OK USB event (which has just a single event banner). It's possible that's what's been datamined.
A quick refresher of what JP's looked like:

Water Pick-Up Banner posted:

Edge's Kiku-ichimonji [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 random Water/Lightning physical attacks, Wild Moon to user
Yuffie's Rising Sun [USSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Water/NE physical attacks, Instant Cast, ATK & DEF -50% to target, 40% max HP heal to party
Meia's Femme Fatale [OSSB, +10 MAG] - Single-target Water/NE Overflow magic attack, higher multiplier if exploiting weakness
Tidus's Apocalypse [OSSB, +10 ATK] - Single-target Water/NE Overflow physical attack

Edge's Mutsunokami [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Water/NE physical attacks, En-Water, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Water/NE physical attacks, 0.825s CT
Defend -> 2 AOE Water/NE physical attacks, 0.825s CT
Yuffie's Spiral Shuriken [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 6 AOE Water/NE ranged physical attacks, Instant Cast, Imperil Water, Burst Mode
Attack -> 2 single-target Water/NE ranged physical attacks, 0.825s CT, Physical Blink 1
Defend -> Single-target Water/NE ranged physical attacks, 0.825s CT, Smart Ether 1
Rydia's Minerva Bustier [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 6 AOE Water/Holy summon magic attacks, Imperil Water, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Water/Holy summon magic attacks, Quick Magic 2 to user
Defend -> 2 single-target Water/Holy summon magic attacks, Smart Ether 1
Meia's Arc Mirage [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 6 AOE Water/NE summon magic attacks, En-Water, Burst Mode
Attack -> MAG +30% & DEF -30% to user, activates Summoning Mode; 4 AOE Water/NE summon magic attacks, deactivates Summoning Mode
Defend -> 4 single-target Water/NE summon magic attacks; higher multiplier under Summoning Mode
Bartz's Grand Helm [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Water/NE physical attacks, En-Water, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target physical attack, ATK -40% to target, ATK +50% to user
Defend -> 4 single-target Water/NE physical attacks
Famed Mimic Gogo's Mimic's Rod [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 6 AOE Water/NE magic attacks, En-Water, Burst Mode
Attack -> Mimics the last used action used by the party, -0.15s CT with each consecutive use (maximum 11 reductions)
Defend -> 4 single-target Water/NE magic attacks

Edge's Cloak [LMR, +10 ATK] - When using Ninja abilities, 25% chance to grant self Physical Blink 1
Tidus's Armguards [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Water for 25 seconds at the start of the battle
Rydia's Model [LMR, +10 MAG] - When using summoning abilities, 35% chance to grant user Quick Cast 1
Bartz's Maximillian [LMR, +10 ATK] - 10% chance to Triplecast Spellblade abilities
Only Meia's OSB was new on this banner for JP; unfortunately, Global still doesn't have her available. And with a different header image, it's entirely likely they've retooled this to compensate for her absence.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It's also the VI event for Leo and Edgar and... well, actually, it's another bonanza for Locke, who gets up to +100 ATK from relics after this update. Celes gets a good USB, too.

Two new abilities; first up, an Earth version of the latest Knight holy move, then a thing for Locke (and maybe even Thancred can use it???)
5* Knight Ability, Earth Saber: 5 single-target Earth physical attacks, DEF -30% to user

5* Thief Ability, Soul Burn: 4 single-target Fire physical attacks, higher multiplier with lower % HP

Edgar and Leo get their dives, too!

Legend Spheres posted:

Edgar LM1: Machinist Damage +15%
Edgar LM2: 35% chance to Dualcast Machinist abilities
Edgar LMR: 10% chance to Triplecast Machinist abilities

Leo LM1: Knight Damage +15%
Leo LM2: 35% chance to Dualcast Knight abilities
Leo LMR: PHY Damage +20% with Sword equipped
A balance change comes as well:
- Multiplier of all 20+1 hit UOSBs has been buffed from "20 x 0.40 + 1 x 8.00" to "20 x 0.55 + 1 x 8.00".

Banner 1 posted:

Locke's Orichalcum [UOSB, +10 ATK] - 20 single-target Fire ranged physical attacks & single-target Fire Overflow ranged physical attack
Locke's Triton Dagger [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Fire/NE ranged physical attacks, En-Fire, Instant Cast 1 & EX "Adventurer" to user
EX "Adventurer": ATK +30%, chases Fire abilities with 4~8 single-target Fire/NE ranged physical attacks, number of hits is dependent on user's HP
Celes's Arch Sword [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Holy/Ice/Wind/NE physical attacks, Grand Cross, Spellblade Damage +30% & Spellblade Ability Double to user
Edgar's Flash [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Poison/Fire/Lightning ranged physical attacks, Machinist Ability Boost & EX "Machinist" to user
EX "Machinist": ATK +30%, Quick Machinist & Debilitator
Debilitator: After using Poison, Fire or Lightning Machinist abilities, chases with 3 single-target Poison/NE, Fire/NE or Lightning/NE physical attacks & 35% chance to inflict minor Imperil Poison, Fire or Lightning

Locke's Thief's Hat [FTSB, +10 ATK] - En-Fire & En-Fire Stack to user, Instant Cast

Edgar's Longinus [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Poison/Fire/Lightning physical attacks, ATK & DEF +30% and Instant Cast 1 to user, Burst Mode
Attack -> 2 single-target Poison/Fire ranged physical attacks, 0.825s CT, 20% chance to inflict minor Imperil Fire
Defend -> 2 single-target Poison/Lightning ranged physical attacks, 0.825s CT, 20% chance to inflict minor Imperil Lightning
Locke's Sash [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Fire/NE ranged physical attacks, En-Fire, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Fire/NE ranged physical attacks, 0.825s CT
Defend -> 2 single-target Fire/NE ranged physical attacks, ATK -50% to target, ATK +50% to user
Celes's Ragnarok [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Holy/Ice physical attacks, Grand Cross and ATK & DEF +35% to user, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Holy/Ice physical attacks, Spellblade Damage +15% for 2 turns
Defend -> 2 AOE Holy/Ice physical attacks, ATK +30 % & DEF -30%
Sabin's Godhand [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 7~10 single-target Fire/NE physical attacks, number of hits is dependent on user's ATK, En-Fire, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Fire/NE physical attacks, ATK & DEF +10% for 25s per use, up to 80%
Defend -> 2 AOE Fire/NE physical attacks
Mog's Faerie Tail [BSSB, +10 MND] - MAG & MND +30% and Haste to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target h80 heal & High Regen, Instant Cast
Defend -> Single-target Holy white magic attack, MAG -50%

Edgar's Genji Shield [LMR, +10 ATK] - 10% chance to Triplecast Machinist abilities
Locke's Armguard [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Fire for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Celes's Cloak [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Spellblade abilities
Sabin's Vishnu Vest [LMR, +10 ATK] - ATK +2% with each Monk hit, up to 34%

Banner 2 posted:

Leo's Defender [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Earth/Holy physical attacks, ATK & DEF +30% to party, Knight Damage +30% & Swordplay Endowment to user
Swordplay Endowment: After using Knight abilities, chases with 4 single-target Earth/Holy/NE physical attacks
Locke's Zwill Crossblade [LCSSB, +10 ATK] - 11 single-target Fire physical attacks, activates Fire Limit Chain, DEF & RES -50% to target
Terra's Apocalypse [USSB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Fire/NE magic attacks, En-Fire & EX "Magitek" to user
EX "Magitek": MAG +30% & Quick Cast for 25 seconds
Relm's Da Vinci Brush [USSB, +10 MND] - h85 heal, 30% Stoneskin & Instant Cast 1 to party, Instant Cast

Locke's Thief's Knife [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 5 AOE Fire/Holy physical attacks, Imperil Fire, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target physical attack, ATK & MAG -20% to target, ATK & MAG +20% to user
Defend -> 4 single-target Fire/Holy physical attacks
Terra's Armguards [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 8 single-target Fire/NE magic attacks, En-Fire, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Fire/NE magic attacks, higher multiplier if exploiting weakness
Defend -> 2 AOE Fire/NE magic attacks, MAG +30 % & DEF -30%
Relm's Magical Brush [BSSB, +10 MND] - 3 AOE Holy/NE white magic attacks, h55 heal & Guts to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target h105 heal, Instant Cast
Defend -> h25 heal to party
Leo's Longcoat [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Holy/Earth physical attacks, ATK & RES +30% to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> 2 single-target Holy/Earth physical attacks, Quick Knight 2
Defend -> 2 AOE Holy/Earth physical attacks, Sentinel
Kefka's Black Quena [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 8 random Dark/Bio magic attacks, En-Dark, Burst Mode
Attack -> 2 single-target Dark/Bio magic attacks, Demon & MAG -10/20/30%, up to 3 stacks
Defend -> 3~6 single-target Dark/Bio magic attacks, with 0~3 Demons
Umaro's Bone Club [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 7 AOE Ice/NE physical attacks, En-Ice, Burst Mode
Attack -> 40% max HP heal & Instant Cast 1 to an ally
Defend -> 3 single-target Ice/NE physical attacks, ATK +30% & RES -30%

Leo's Aegis Shield [LMR, +10 ATK] - PHY Damage +20% with Sword equipped
Terra's Asura's Rod [LMR, +10 MAG] - 25% chance of Dualcast Fire abilities
Relm's Hat [LMR, +10 MND] - When using single-target healing abilities, 25% chance it comes attached with Magic Blink 1
Kefka's Mischief Cap [LMR, +10 MAG] - 25% chance to Dualcast Dark abilities

No Poison chain, but Edgar hasn't completely abandoned the element. Becoming a Machinist version of Bartz, though- will this mean Fire and Lightning BSBs to come?

Also, some big news (for JP right now, but to keep in mind for Global as well):

BIG NEWS posted:

Maintenance on 21st December, 0200-0600hrs JST.
This is to implement a new mission system.

After the maintenance, "Cid's Mission" will be gone
All archived missions will be wiped

Certain in-progress & new missions will be carried forward
- Limited CMs active during the maintenance period
- Re-featured limited missions
- Weekly & Monthly Magicite missions

5 stamina potions will be rewarded after the maintenance.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Oh uh I guess entrusting Lightning to spam her USB really loving owns, who knew

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Man I dunno what I'm going to do with my mythril. I have 510 right now and I'm thinking:

2 pulls on the FFTA banner (maaaybe 3 if I don't get anything decent)
2 pulls on the IX banner (I really want something for Vivi)
2-4 pulls on whatever the December fest banners turn out to be, if they're actually good
2 pulls on the III banner
maybe a pull on the next FFTA banner for a shot at Cid's USB, unless I have too many dupes

Then probably save everything else for the next anniversary, which looks pretty nuts.

This game is very good at making seemingly large piles of mythril disappear into the aether. Though I'm sure we'll be getting some giveaways for the holidays and between now and the next FFTA banner we would get like 300 more mythril normally anyway.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
FFTA is this week, shame I blew mythril chasing EnEarth relics for FFIV womp womp wwwoooommmpppppp

I did get a Rydia LMR/USB/OSB out of it which was cool.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
I have 850 mythril but no banner is worthy of my stash.

I hope the christmas fest has good stuff. Give me chains.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hogama posted:

It's also the VI event for Leo and Edgar and... well, actually, it's another bonanza for Locke, who gets up to +100 ATK from relics after this update. Celes gets a good USB, too.

Two new abilities; first up, an Earth version of the latest Knight holy move, then a thing for Locke (and maybe even Thancred can use it???)
5* Knight Ability, Earth Saber: 5 single-target Earth physical attacks, DEF -30% to user

5* Thief Ability, Soul Burn: 4 single-target Fire physical attacks, higher multiplier with lower % HP

Edgar and Leo get their dives, too!

A balance change comes as well:
- Multiplier of all 20+1 hit UOSBs has been buffed from "20 x 0.40 + 1 x 8.00" to "20 x 0.55 + 1 x 8.00".

No Poison chain, but Edgar hasn't completely abandoned the element. Becoming a Machinist version of Bartz, though- will this mean Fire and Lightning BSBs to come?

Also, some big news (for JP right now, but to keep in mind for Global as well):

So the daily missions are going away again in JP

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
I was doing some reading on reddit to figure out what I should be doing with all my extra 1/2* magicites and uh yeah....that Inheritance system looks bonkers. As far as I understand, lvl 99 magicites can consume magicites and inherit passive abilities (pretty straight-forward: wind damage up for example) and inheritance EXP separate from the magicite's lvl EXP, which will boost the magicite's stats. Figuring out how much EXP you get and how to maximize it is some crazy bullshit science, but at the end of the day, the conclusion I came to is that I should not have been selling my 1/2* magicites...darn. Time to upgrade my magicite vault I guess.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Way behind most of the thread, but I finally full cleared my first Torment today. :woop:

Jump Start Bahamut just exploded once I brought RW Cloud USB on USB Bartz with Zidane spamming imperils. :stare:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I was just looking at giving a Torment my first shot ever. Is wall not necessary or did you have it native? Because I do have Zidane USB and I have been meaning to see what a Cloud USB Steroid will do to it...

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Philouza posted:

I was doing some reading on reddit to figure out what I should be doing with all my extra 1/2* magicites and uh yeah....that Inheritance system looks bonkers. As far as I understand, lvl 99 magicites can consume magicites and inherit passive abilities (pretty straight-forward: wind damage up for example) and inheritance EXP separate from the magicite's lvl EXP, which will boost the magicite's stats. Figuring out how much EXP you get and how to maximize it is some crazy bullshit science, but at the end of the day, the conclusion I came to is that I should not have been selling my 1/2* magicites...darn. Time to upgrade my magicite vault I guess.

I could be wrong, but I think my impression from when I read about this months back was the 1* magicites are the most efficient ones and 2*s aren't really worth the extra time/XP, but someone feel free to correct me.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I was just looking at giving a Torment my first shot ever. Is wall not necessary or did you have it native? Because I do have Zidane USB and I have been meaning to see what a Cloud USB Steroid will do to it...

I have it on Tyro, although Bahamut blew up so fast I probably would have been fine without it.

My team was Zidane/Ramza/Yshtola/Bartz/Tyro. Zidane spammed his USB for the imperil, Ramza did Shout/USB/Chant, Ysh cast Asylum a couple times and did the MND Breakdown, Tyro cast Wall and breaks. Bartz did all the heavy lifting with Cloud USB, his USB, 30k+ per hit Snowball Strikes.

I need to start working on more Torments beyond just the job motes in the first fight. Bahamut happened to be weak to my strongest team so it worked out nicely as a place to start.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I need help with faster and more reliable Bismarck clears.

My current team is physical:

Lightning - enLightning SSB and OSB - Legend Dived - Lifesyphon and Thundering Quadstrike
Edge - Last Stand SSB and USB - Legend Dived - 2 Swift Bolts
Ramza - Shout - Wrath and Entrust
OK - BSB - Wrath and Entrust
Vanille - BSB - Shellga and Ultra Cure

This is not a consistent team and it's not even close to sub-30. I have 2 pieces of +lightning gear on Lightning and a meter build RM on Edge. I have them spec'd so that Lightning does 99999 with her OB after an SSB. Edge sometimes double casts for 7K each and holds meter for Last Stand. I almost never have breathing room to use his USB. Vanille is there instead of Y'shtola just because of the instant entry which I feel like I need, but I really miss Y'shtola's instant BSB command 1. My Y'shtola is also Legend Dived so I might try witching to her for a couple runs to see if Asylum is actually better.

However here's the thing: Whenever Bismarck decides to be a loving rear end in a top hat as do nothing but spam AoE magic and an above average number of Savage Breach Blasts, Vanille just can't keep up.

What I'd like to know is if there are any other good adjustments I can make to this team OR if I should set up a mage team base around Shantotto USB. Sadly I don't have her CSB :(

Here are all my options for a lightning mage team:

Shantotto - USB, BSB, R3 Chain Thundaga, no hones on any of the lightning witch abilities (but I could)
Ashe BSB
Garnet BSB (doesn't seem very good)
Palom BSB
Desch BSB
OK BSB for mag boost
Yuna BSB2 for mag boost and healing
Raines BSB for stacking mag boost - Legend Dived
Papalymo SSB for stacking mag boost and quickcast 3 - Papalymo can also use white magic
Cloud of Darkness BSB for Radiant Shield
Edge with SSB and USB for Last Stand and lightning ninja double cast with LD

If I can get 11 more 4* Wisdom motes I can LD Vivi and hone Chain Thundaga or him

Tons of +lightning armor to put on everyone

Off the top of my head I feel like Yuna BSB2 and OK BSB are good starters for stacking magic and hastega and healing right off the bat, and of course OK can alternate between Entrusting and resetting his BSB. What else could I do for damage and/or more survivability?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Good god Torment Bahamut's Megaflare hurts like a bitch without a wall. It completely nukes some of my characters.

But Zidane is doing 56k Dash & Slash's with 15~20k Steel Storm chasers with that Cloud USB. :stare:

EDIT: My first Torment cleared! With Mastery! I only had Minwu and Zidane standing at the end but apparently that was enough. Zidane just completely meltifried Bahamut's health.

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Nov 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

I for some reason can't beat Adel in CT. I've tried a few party combinations:

The one that got furthest:

Cid Raines, fully LD'd with BSB and OSB
Rapha w/BSB
Edea w/BSB
Relm w/BSB & LMR
Rosa w/BSB

Also tried:

Cid Raines, fully LD'd with BSB and OSB
Rinoa w/CSB/BSB
Edea w/BSB
Tyro w/Wall, USB2
Rosa w/BSB

Also tried:

Orlandeau w/OSB/BSB (kitted w/ Lightning boosts for OSB)
Sephiroth w/OSB/BSB
Ramza w/Shout + Entrust
Relm w/BSB & LMR
Rosa w/BSB

Also tried:

Onion Knight w/BSB
Tidus w/USB, BSB2
Minifilia w/SSB for ATK/Last Stand, also have BSB but didn't use
Tyro w/Wall, USB2, off-heal
Eiko w/BSB

I've tried strategies with putting Regen/Shell on Rinoa so she doesn't die quick from drains, but either way I just can't seem to win.

Any suggestions? A couple posts back I posted all my best stuff if that helps.

• Locked thread