Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Sexpansion posted:

Any thoughts on Kassadin and the new runes? I've tried aery and comet, both of which seem reasonable, but not ideal. I've heard that press the attack kassadin might be a thing?

Dark Harvest is nuts if you get rolling. It's probably the biggest late game damage boost to a full combo, and it instantly resets if you kill a squishy, allowing you to combo the next fucker right away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
I know it was released in 2009 and started production in like 07, but it never fails to amaze me just how insanely poo poo old League looked whenever I see videos.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

How Rude posted:

Mordekaiser Yasuo Shaco.

I guess when you pick a bunch of worthless turd champions you hard feed.
Yasuo is really strong right now with Press the Attack, so I don't know why you'd call him worthless.

What I was really hoping you'd notice is that the game ended at 15 minutes with a 14K gold disparity. Did Shaco's red (since he started mine) and blue into gank bot, then just circled around and did bot again before rolling mid, etc. Absolutely poo poo stomped everywhere. We took bot tier 1 at like 4:30.

Was just trying to show that Xin is currently super strong for applying earlier pressure basically anywhere he wants to.

In other news, Tank Meta is absolutely a thing that is going to happen. Games I've recently played that have had 2+ tanks have always ended with that team winning, regardless of how much of a pounding their team takes early. All tanks are currently making GBS threads out a lot of damage and CC while simultaneously being incredibly hard to kill.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

God i loving hate tank meta :smith:

Oh well, better find some tank I can enjoy jungling

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I haven't played in forever but my account has pax twisted fate which I think I could probably sell for a few hundred bucks. Is there a decent way to go about selling it?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Yasuo actually sucks because he is competing with Shyvana, Irelia, Jax, Udyr, and Xin Zhao, all of whom dick him hard throughout the whole game.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
The Complete Moron Who Very Vocally Thinks he's 1v9ing remains one of my favorite teammate species

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I killed a vlad like this as illaoi yesterday

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Monicro posted:

The Complete Moron Who Very Vocally Thinks he's 1v9ing remains one of my favorite teammate species

i prefer the Demand The Enemy Team Help Him 9x That One Guy He Doesnt Like, particularly when there's two of them on the same team mad at each other

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

njsykora posted:

Another thing I think is passing people by is the strength of Vi in the jungle, it might just be because she just got a new skin so people are playing her but every game I've been in with a Vi lately she's popped the gently caress off.
I was playing her a lot last week. I did well early but there's a point in the midgame where you've finished your triforce but haven't done a defensive item and you just cannot teamfight without exploding instantly. If you can build warriors-tri-steraks before you're forced into team fighting then you'll run away with the game but that's a lot of gold and I usually didn't manage to finish it fast enough. I wanted to try cinderhulk semi-tank but I never got around to it.

Rygar201 posted:

I played a game yesterday where I was 13/1/1 as MF. They had a maokai who was like 2/0/0 when I started running into him that we just could not kill. Granted I didn't have a great build for shredding tanks but it was pretty frustrating that he could walk through our team and solo me. In the final fight of the game I got hit by one single ability from another enemy for about 200 damage, and then I got taken from like 90% to 0 by mao flashing on me. I had mercurial but I guess I should have built spirit visage or something??

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Black cleaver second against more than zero tanks as mf

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

How Rude posted:

Yasuo actually sucks because he is competing with Shyvana, Irelia, Jax, Udyr, and Xin Zhao, all of whom dick him hard throughout the whole game.
Yasuo is not a jungler, and so the typical "don't be bad in top-lane" boiler-plate applies here. Late-game Yasuo is still very strong - getting there is hard if you're awful.

Rygar201 posted:

Last night featured a game featuring Nasus [top], Malphite [mid], Zac [jungle], and Tahm Kench [support] on the enemy team. Our team was bruisers/assassins/etc., and we absolutely bodied them early. However, we were unable to close the game out before like the 15 minute mark when tanks started to hurt way too much and stay alive way too long.

It's really, really dumb how strong tanks are right now and I entirely expect tank meta to be king again.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
ADC: *attacks the opposing tank with 12 consecutive autos, kiting perfectly*
Rammus: ok

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Black cleaver second against more than zero tanks as mf
I had it but it did not help at all.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:
Yeah, tanks are ridiculous right now, and Aftershock really doesn't help. That's a tremendous amount of damage basically for free, while also making them even more unkillable.

Riot fix your poo poo. :v:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

playing zoe scratches that old itch that nidalee spears used to which is a really binary and sort of dumb play style but also intensely satisfying. i hope they don't nerf her into the ground or change her play style.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

rabidsquid posted:

playing zoe scratches that old itch that nidalee spears used to which is a really binary and sort of dumb play style but also intensely satisfying. i hope they don't nerf her into the ground or change her play style.

I dunno about that. (she got us over the early game hump and single-handedly turned fights into 4v3s and 4v4s with the insane cooldown on her sleep.

Orv
May 4, 2011
She's absolutely getting nerfed. Whether it's into oblivion or merely into okay-ness I guess we'll find out.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Faker said on stream he thought she was OP, she's probably getting nerfed into the god drat ground pretty soon.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

rabidsquid posted:

She will get destroyed either now or when the first season of pro league comes around. In the right hands she is loving absurd.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The plot twist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gem5VKHmUo

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I think unsealed spellbook is pretty loving good.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

I think unsealed spellbook is pretty loving good.

I never quite understand what exactly I'd want to replace my starting sums with, I usually start with them for a reason, I can only think of replacing or adding teleport based on how the game is going.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I never quite understand what exactly I'd want to replace my starting sums with, I usually start with them for a reason, I can only think of replacing or adding teleport based on how the game is going.

I start tp, use it once or twice for lane, then switch to an optimal summoner spell (on malz usually ghost, cleanse, or barrier). You can always switch it back to tp if you need it for late game, which can be extremely powerful in some lategame circumstances.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

I hope they tweak her W a bit and tone down her E.

Also, I would love to be able to player her before they she gets dumpstered but she's banned or picked away every single time I have tried to play her :smith:

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

They used it in kespa cup a couple of times; start off with an optimal laning summoner and then switch to TP or something useful later on. Cannot tell whether it's worth speccing into the inspiration runes or not but at least people are trying it out.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

anti-magic posted:

They used it in kespa cup a couple of times; start off with an optimal laning summoner and then switch to TP or something useful later on. Cannot tell whether it's worth speccing into the inspiration runes or not but at least people are trying it out.

The inspiration runes are useful, and you get the trait from your secondary runes plus a buff to potion duration. It's not quite the hit people think it is.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
oh also, the inspiration rune that lets you go into debt is underrated right now imo

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

oh also, the inspiration rune that lets you go into debt is underrated right now imo

It's on tons of builds on op.gg, it's so great to be able to back and get a key early item without sticking around for another wave and taking more risk.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
One of the ancient race of darkin, Varus was a deadly killer who loved to torment his foes with arrows, driving them to insanity before closing for the kill. Possessed of wondrous beauty, Varus was imprisoned at the end of the Darkin War, but escaped, centuries later, in the remade flesh of two Ionian hunters. The two men had unwittingly released Varus and now bear the bow containing his bound essence. Varus now hunts those who trapped him in order to enact his brutal vengeance, but the souls bound within him fight him every step of the way.
The mortal mages of Runeterra wielded wild magic, heedless of the consequences beyond their own world. Their reckless use of magic attracted the hunger of the darkin, who sent their fiercest warriors to conquer this new world. Varus traveled to Runeterra with the second wave of invaders, and with his crystalline bow, he assassinated enemy commanders and champions, helping the darkin defeat the mortal armies with ever greater ease.
Soon after Aatrox’s fall, Varus was cornered by vastayan moon-stalkers and human mages in service of a golden-armored warrior queen. They bound him within his crystalline bow, leaving him to howl with impotent rage. By now, the corrupting influence of the darkin was known, and the warrior queen alone wielded the deadly bow in the final battle of the war, loosing the last bolt that broke the bridge to the darkin world forever.
At the end of the Darkin War, the queen carried Varus’s bow to a land that would become known as Ionia. Her last act was to imprison the bow deep within a lightless cell sunk deep beneath a mountain temple overlooking the village of Pallas. There it remained, imprisoned by the natural magic of Ionia and the ritual ministrations of its guardians.
The bow remained hidden deep underground for centuries, unknown, untouched, and all but forgotten until Noxian invaders attacked Ionia. Two beast hunters - Valmar and his heartlight, Kai - fought the first wave of these invaders at the Temple of Pallas. Though their courage was great and drove off the attackers, Kai was mortally wounded. A grief-stricken Val carried him inside, praying the temple’s magic would restore him.
But the temple held only damnation, and both hunters were consumed by the unleashed power of the darkin. The very matter of their bodies was unraveled and bound together in a warp and weft of new flesh to craft a perfect body, fit to bear the soul of Varus. What emerged from the temple was a gestalt creature, pale and inhumanly beautiful, part human, part darkin, Varus was reborn as an entity with a war for supremacy being waged in its soul. The human and darkin elements of this newborn body are in constant flux, with each element sometimes managing to wrest control of the body for a short time before being reined in by the other. Varus fights to overcome Val and Kai’s resistance once and for all so that he may wreak vengeance on mortals for the destruction of his race. But Kai and Val fight on against his malevolent influence, hoping against hope that their love can overcome the darkin’s baser urges.
How long Val and Kai can keep Varus fully at bay is anyone’s guess, but should this sadistic and egotistical darkin killer come to fully dominate his new body, it is certain he will seek to reunite with the survivors of his race in hopes of reducing Runeterra to an ashen wasteland.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Is that real, my friend

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's sufficiently retarded/cliche to be real League lore.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

Is that real, my friend

Not only is it real, but there's a new comic featuring the origin story.

I still preferred Varus' old lore where he's a guy willing to sacrifice a part of himself to gain a weird flesh bow, but, eh, whatever.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I like that of all the things that they kept and removed, Darkins are a thing that they kept.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

I like that of all the things that they kept and removed, Darkins are a thing that they kept.

League's lore is effectively a big, stupid kitchen sink of all the things you liked when you were 15, so I'm glad they kept the Darkin around.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The things that died to allow someones wank material catbird people to live are unforgivable.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
"Arrghh, no! I'm being cornered by vastayan moon-stalkers," said Varus, as he was being cornered by vastayan moon-stalkers.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Orv posted:

The things that died to allow someones wank material catbird people to live are unforgivable.

Xayah and Rakan: two really great aesthetic designs utterly ruined by Anthony Burch's writing. I cannot play those motherfuckers without turning off champion voices.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Vermain posted:

Xayah and Rakan: two really great aesthetic designs utterly ruined by Anthony Burch's writing.

I dunno about the first part of that either, honestly. Have you looked at their retarded catbird legs? Or like, anything that isn't their rad robe cape things, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Orv posted:

I dunno about the first part of that either, honestly.

They have good, distinguishable silhouettes with good color schemes that express their respective personalities (Xayah's a little sullen and withdrawn; Rakan is outgoing and personable), and their chimeric features blend well together. Everything else about them sucks rear end.