Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Don't know if the woman behind the pillar knew or not, but what a reasonably good place to be for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Phanatic posted:

I'm pretty sure that's our travel expense system. I just got an expense report rejected because I included a line item for a $22 tip for hotel housekeeping (11 nights stay). No, I need to redo it so that it is 11 separate line items for $2 each.

Edit: Ooh, Monday bonus. Left work last Wednesday, our big expensive mobile telemetry trailer is sitting right where in should, in the parking lot/accessway between two buildings.

Today, the big expensive mobile telemetry trailer was sitting a big hole filled with the remains of the fire main. It has now been moved to a less subsidable location.

Chromeriver loving sucks

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

When I saw this I thought that there was someone in the bucket doing exterior work.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

If they're going to use the sperm to create dino/human cybersoldier hybrids then I'd be okay with that. I'd happily pay child support for my robovelociraptor son.

I love my dead gay robovelociraptor son

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Mistle posted:

Don't know if the woman behind the pillar knew or not, but what a reasonably good place to be for that

Given that they all have their phones out and pointed at the train, I'm sure they had a pretty good idea of what was about to happen.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Just an illusion guys.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Avenging_Mikon posted:

When I saw this I thought that there was someone in the bucket doing exterior work.

Not any more there isn't.

Buddyleet
Jun 5, 2004
The Walking Man

Malek posted:

My coworker saw this and pointed out the tow-truck cable snapping off and that he shouldn't have chased after it... I just now noticed the cable. Holy poo poo. :stare:

I would venture to say his recovery chain wasn't properly attached to the tow truck's steel rope/cable rather than just "snapping" off.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003
Surpise ending

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Does he die?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fallows posted:

Does he die?

Eventually, yes. There is a 100% certainty that at some point that guy will die.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Powershift posted:

Eventually, yes. There is a 100% certainty that at some point that guy will die.

He might be an alien from the planet Zeist.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Volcott posted:

Do they not die?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Volcott posted:

jesus, man. gently caress that. gently caress you. goddamn.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Goddammit you made me hear the song in my head.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Volcott posted:

I had gone years without thinking about that abomination. :colbert:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

spankmeister posted:

Goddammit you made me hear the song in my head.

Anytime I hear Roundabout by Yes or SAIL by AWOL Nation I'm now conditioned to expect someone to gently caress up really badly or do something really dumb.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Fallows posted:

Do they not die?

P sure that one did anyway.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Volcott posted:

You absolute, horrible monster!

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
I have some questions.

https://i.imgur.com/tmcYRS0.mp4

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
So do I. I watched that video twice, the trucks never touch.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Xir posted:

Proximity fuze

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Xir posted:

It's not OSHA unless the cabs touch.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Someone left something in the cab and it exploded. Could be a leaking flammable, or a hot cab, hard to say.

Source will show up soon enough, and answers should follow.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Mistle posted:

Someone left something in the cab and it exploded. Could be a leaking flammable, or a hot cab, hard to say.

It's something incredibly energetic. This is not a Bic lighter on a dashboard in the summer. This is like a propane tank or something.

It looks like the explosion starts toward the back of the cab, so something on or under the seats. (or between if they're bucket seats)

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Nov 29, 2017

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Mistle posted:

I've seen/heard of people doing some pretty janky stuff to their trucks. We used to have a guy who cut a hole in the floor of his sleeper so his kids could use the bathroom without stopping.

Jake Mustache
Feb 7, 2017
Australian TV Host almost killed by Exploding Pop Bottle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOuqgX6wsZ8

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Holy poo poo :stare:

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Reminded me of this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/06/22/whipped-cream-dispenser-explodes-killing-french-instagram-fitness-model/

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
More like almost killed by homemade dry ice bomb

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Jake Mustache posted:

In the US you have to be careful with that kinda of stuff. It probably counts as a destructive device and could get you 25 years in the wrong context.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
I thought that the bottle was going to explode. It's more like "almost killed by pointing the pointy end of a rocket towards her face before she launched it."

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Jake Mustache posted:

Wow that was close :stonklol:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I'm more worried about the hearing damage.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

glynnenstein posted:

In the US you have to be careful with that kinda of stuff. It probably counts as a destructive device and could get you 25 years in the wrong context.

Sure, but all of those people are white.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

PittTheElder posted:

Sure, but all of those people are white.

This is definitely central to the outcome.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
You've seen me do it twice!

I wasn't watching!

Well you should have been! *carries on*

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
I am not entirely sure that those ladies are wearing safety footwear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Such a basic part of science education: if you're doing any kind of experiment with risk associated with it, you DON'T DO IT if people are joking around and not seriously paying attention. 's also a good way to silence a classroom, as soon as you start threatening to take the fun demo away from them, they quiet down instantly.