Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

TheParadigm posted:

Post it and put it in the OP. This is crucial goon material.

Riller posted:

I need this. I got in on this game at release but stopped playing when they added consumables, so it's probably been a couple of years since I've played. I picked up the K9 on sale after reading all the posts about it, and now I just need the macro for the full experience! TIA

For greater goon prosperity, and the everlasting glory of the K9, here is the macro to run it's sirens on a loop with one button press.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/87snlxpiu1hb0kv/annoy.ahk?dl=0
But that's not all!
This is my multipurpose annoy everyone macro for MWO.
With this script enabled pressing F3 while on the pre-game screen will cause your mouse to speed-spam the lance command, company command, and resign command buttons. Leading to many beeps and many annoyed tryhards.
During game with the map up, pressing F4 will cause the same effect, but on the ingame map screen.
F6 is the glorious urbie siren binding (using the default ingame "l" key to turn the sirens on and off), it will cause your sirens to loop for as long as it is active.
F8 engages the Need Assistance spam. While active every 10 seconds it will bring up your contextual menu, click need assistance, and release the contextual menu within 5ms. Should be fast enough to be non-intrusive but still recommend turning off before entering combat.
All functions are paused by re-pressing the same key, and re-initialized by pressing again. While active they will all loop infinitely.

Notes:
1. (sometimes due to ingame lag, the loop can become offset and be firing backwards, only keeping the sirens on for about a second before turning them off again, simply pause and unpause to fix)
2. All macros involving mouse clicks (beep spam, need assistance) use mouse position based on pixels from the top corner of the sceen assuming a 1920x1080 resolution. If you're using a different resolution on your main monitor you might need to adjust them. (top left corner is 0,0. X-axis,Y-axis. 100,200 means 100 pixels right, 200 down. simply adjust until you're at right position)

If you want to change any of these functions (change the siren key if you've rebound it ingame already, change the "trigger" keys, whatever) the script is easily editable in notepad or equivalent.

This script will only trigger if MWO is your active window, but if you have a loop already running and you alt-tab out, it will continue running. so careful you pause before you alt-tab.
You will also need AutoHotKey to run it. Extremely simple barebones scripting addon. Affects nothing on your system unless you're running a script to do so yourself.
https://autohotkey.com

If anyone is interested i also have dakka macros (think fire control, variable timing between each shot down to the millisecond), auto-fire gauss macros (press one button, it charges and fires on it's own at max possible speed, including a special variation for quad-gauss KDKs that fires one side, the other, or both in chain), zoom macros (scroll up for advanced zoom, down for regular view), and other weird random poo poo

e: figured out how to work loop resets in faster than expected. Updated script & dropbox link.
e2: unexpected oddness, while script is active, scrolling up is disabled even outside MWO. To get around this either pause the script or kill it entirely. (right click in the big green H in system tray)

Rysithusiku fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib
Tier 1 footage with Tier 5 gameplay.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

BattleTech posted:

10 minutes of new Mech5:Mercs footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8WoNTHMoLc

Anyone else think this just looks incredibly terribad? Like, significantly worse than MWO even. Except in graphics obviously.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Rysithusiku posted:

Anyone else think this just looks incredibly terribad? Like, significantly worse than MWO even. Except in graphics obviously.

It actually doesn't.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Rysithusiku posted:

The game just looks like pre alpha gameplay is all.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

BattleTech posted:

The game just looks like pre alpha gameplay is all.

Oh, so exactly like MWO, then

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

Rysithusiku posted:

With this script enabled pressing F3 while on the pre-game screen will cause your mouse to speed-spam the lance command, company command, and resign command buttons. Leading to many beeps and many annoyed tryhards.

yyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssss

Also, from that trailer I note the reticule moves with the mech now. And that weapons etc sound great, as you'd expect after MWO. I'm glad terrain is scaled right now too (no 80m+ tall trees in sight) and that the lasers look proper lasery.

By the way I just realised: you can PPC jump as a battle armor in MWLL to increase your jump speed to 100kph or something, it's a blast. Like the Prawn in subnautica or something.

Surprise Giraffe fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Nov 29, 2017

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The video comes from an article by Polygon, who I assume were the people playing very badly in the video.

Say what you will about the gameplay or video or whatever, but the procedural generation tech that they show off is pretty impressive. I'm not convinced that it's going to lead to fun, interesting gameplay- procedural generation is a tough nut to crack in that regard. But PGI really nailed making the same terrain feel very distinct just by changing the biome, and that's tough enough on its own from a technical/artistic standpoint.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Rysithusiku posted:

What were you expecting?

I was expecting MWO in single player form and that's pretty much what I'm seeing. I'd have to see more of the campaign mechanics itself before I decide to buy it.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

If anyone else comes up with other entertaining ways of annoying the tryhards and shitbirds, I'll gladly update the macro with them.
...with some effort i could probably figure out NEED ASSISTANCE spamming. Anyone happen to know the cooldown period on that of the top of their head?
I won't build in the obvious spamming chat stuff. You guys can do that yourself.
e: ha! figured it out. I set the timer to 10 seconds (i'm 90% sure that's the cooldown period) and as long as you have it enabled every 10sec it holds E, moves the mouse to position, clicks it, and releases E within 5ms. Will update script now.

Rysithusiku fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Nov 30, 2017

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

That was one of the worst Living Legends highlight reels I've seen in a while.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

aniviron posted:

The video comes from an article by Polygon, who I assume were the people playing very badly in the video.

I too am an expert in every game I play from the literal first time I play a half-working version of it.

Anyway. It looks okay. It's just too early to call, really. I'm not sure why they're showing it off this much this early - there's nothing here to really get hyped about, and plenty of beta-software stuff to end up mocking and permanently tainting people's first impressions. They really could have left this to their stupid Mech-Con and gotten a lot better buzz from hardcore fans and cammed streams.

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Nov 30, 2017

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cease to Hope posted:

I too am an expert in every game I play from the literal first time I play a half-working version of it.

Anyway. It looks okay. It's just too early to call, really. I'm not sure why they're showing it off this much this early - there's nothing here to really get hyped about, and plenty of beta-software stuff to end up mocking and permanently tainting people's first impressions. They really could have left this to their stupid Mech-Con and gotten a lot better buzz from hardcore fans and cammed streams.

You must not have seen very many Polygon videos. They're pretty famous for being absolutely horrible at games in their video clips.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Skoll posted:

You must not have seen very many Polygon videos. They're pretty famous for being absolutely horrible at games in their video clips.

Yeah, I've heard lots of stupid accusations like that.

"Exclusive preview footage, first X minutes of Game Y!" is always someone playing the game for the literal first time, often as not on someone else's computer and/or at a convention or in someone else's office.

e: It just occurred to me: giving Mechwarrior previews to hardcore fans of the series is probably why all of those PC Gamer articles on MWO were "GREATEST FPS EVER!" and "THINKING MAN'S SHOOTER!" If they send a fan, it's a conspiracy to overhype the game (and probably a bribe). If they don't, "lol you're absolutely horrible at games". Can't win for losing.

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Nov 30, 2017

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
e: quote is not edit

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I didn't mean it personally and I'm sorry if you work at Polygon. Gonna call a spade a spade though, shooting targets and then getting distracted by office buildings you can shoot doesn't make you not bad at a game, especially since it's pretty much just singleplayer MWO, as others have pointed out.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
bah, just getting madder than i should at stupid internet bullshit

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Footage was done by the devs not Polygon.

Polygon posted:

Check out MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries' first playable demo level, recorded by the team at Piranha Games.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

BattleTech posted:

Footage was done by the devs not Polygon.

Then I commend PGI for leaving the dodgy AI and bouncing APC in. I could tell they were trying to look away from that pretty quick, but it's more honesty than I was expecting.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I'm even more impressed that PGI were that bad at the game, to be honest.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

aniviron posted:

Eh, I've played against Paul. I've seen rock bottom.

Dueling Bandsaws
Mar 3, 2016

aniviron posted:

To give PGI the barest shred of credit, it's not exactly uncommon for developers to be bad at their own games.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Rysithusiku posted:

I think it looked absolutely terrible and if I were PGI I would not have showed this. Why did they show it if nothing looks like it is supposed to do and the gameplay is "alpha" et.c. What is the point, proving to people that they are still working on the game?

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

TjyvTompa posted:

I think it looked absolutely terrible and if I were PGI I would not have showed this. Why did they show it if nothing looks like it is supposed to do and the gameplay is "alpha" et.c. What is the point, proving to people that they are still working on the game?

HBS are doing the media rounds on their Battletech game about being a mercenary mechwarrior.

They're riding the coat-tails. Actually not only that, because as an action game they know that in any joint article MW5 and screenies is going to be on top.

Riller
Jun 16, 2008

Rysithusiku posted:

For greater goon prosperity, and the everlasting glory of the K9, here is the macro to run it's sirens on a loop with one button press.

Thank you! :glomp:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Are we seriously questioning why a company would hype an in-development game with a playable preview? Plus, they've got that little MechCon thing in like a week. And I'm amazed anyone could call that terrible. It's got issues, for sure. The terrain is clearly waiting for a bumpmapping pass, there are still some hilarious physics glitches and the AI is dumb as a bag of hammers. That said, I really don't see what's wrong with what we saw, besides the fact that it's PGI and there's still plenty of time for them to gently caress this up.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Physics glitches are fun. I'd play it.

But I sure as hell wouldn't preorder it.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Oh god no, it's still PGI, pre-ordering is a suckers bet. I just can't see how that qualifies as terrible by any reasonable measure.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
:pgi: is the gold standard for "terrible"

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I'm just going to wait and see because what I did see has some actual potential.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
heck, I just want a first-person MW Mercs game again

lemme find the best prices for X-pulse lasers and unload half a commando on some backwater black market or whatever

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib
People are getting too salty preemptively over this game. It's not like they did a multi-million dollar kickstarter campaign promising tons of features and are still stuck in development years later.

johntherussian fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 30, 2017

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Skoll posted:

I'm just going to wait and see because what I did see has some actual potential.

Yeah, this seems like the reasonable reaction. My main takeaway from that video was, "Oh, the game really does exist and is playable in some form". I didn't see much to make me feel strongly one way or another.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
That's some weird art decisions on the lasers; it's like they went for more of a 'big rear end laser pointer' look, which is sort of cool and different, but doesn't sell the power of the weapon very well.

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
MW5 looks lovely and spastic in that video. I don't know what they were trying to show off but it was too twitchy to appreciate the nice graphics and too early in development to like anything else.

If they just had the mech walk up a hill and shoot destructible buildings from far away it would be much better. You would at least see the cool weapon effects.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I guess it doesn't look aggressively bad but it seems really bland and unnotable IMO. It's probably too early to get any useful feel for the game though. I agree that if they wanted to show anything they probably should have just shown some weapon effects. Those SRMs look and feel pathetically weak, but I did like the PPC effects.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Somebody tweet this at Russ and Paul, please. Repeatedly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pglxege-gU

Guy Innagorillasuit
Jul 24, 2009

I feel dumb but I haven't played this game in around two years or so. I have old mechs that show up in my "inventory" from the main screen, but they're not in my bays even though I have two open bays. I can't figure out how to get them in the bays so I can use them again. What am I missing? (other than the good sense to not come back to this game)

Guy Innagorillasuit fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Dec 5, 2017

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Can you post a screenshot? That doesn't sound right at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe

Guy Innagorillasuit posted:

I feel dumb but I haven't played this game in around two years or so. I have old mechs that show up in my "inventory" from the main screen, but they're not in my bays even though I have two open bays. I can't figure out how to get them in the bays so I can use them again. What am I missing? (other than the good sense to not come back to this game)

Do you have the showing only clan or IS mechs up top, also trial and owned mechs. Little buttons in the top left of the mech bays.

Necrosaro fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Dec 6, 2017

• Locked thread