Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Warbadger posted:

And yet none of your whataboutism examples come anywhere near the reckless methods or associated bodycount Russia or Assad's forces achieved in Syria.

I live the part where you already know that and try to handwave it because "well uhhhhh the people everyone else is bombing just aren't as well armed!" because you obviously know how insipid and stupid your argument is.
The reason why Syria is so bloody is because the US and Saudi Arabia pumped, directly and indirectly, so much manpower, weapons and supplies to people who ended up being as secular as the freedom fighters in Afghanistan. No one is saying Russia is a good actor in the Middle East, the difference is that Russia's tremendously incredible crime is defending a regional ally from being toppled why the US's humane, sophisticated and civilized actions in the Middle East are based on invading countries with literally no reason, occupying them for two decades, kill millions of civilians and then pump weapons to allies who heroically bomb and starve unarmed civilians.

It's impressive the point where D&D has reached where it's controversial to say that US foreign policy in the middle east is a cancer that has destroyed the entire region for generations to come.

Josef bugman posted:

On that note, a larger philosophical question: How do we encourage better respect for Human Rights in the Middle East from a policy standpoint?

More humane US bombings of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"my imperialism is more humane than yours"

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Mans posted:

"my imperialism is more humane than yours"
Pax Brittanica in a nutshell.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Mans posted:

The reason why Syria is so bloody is because the US and Saudi Arabia pumped, directly and indirectly, so much manpower, weapons and supplies to people who ended up being as secular as the freedom fighters in Afghanistan. No one is saying Russia is a good actor in the Middle East, the difference is that Russia's tremendously incredible crime is defending a regional ally from being toppled why the US's humane, sophisticated and civilized actions in the Middle East are based on invading countries with literally no reason, occupying them for two decades, kill millions of civilians and then pump weapons to allies who heroically bomb and starve unarmed civilians.

It's impressive the point where D&D has reached where it's controversial to say that US foreign policy in the middle east is a cancer that has destroyed the entire region for generations to come.

More humane US bombings of course.

The reason it's so bloody is the Assad government and Russia have been engaged in indiscriminate warfare on a scale that hasn't been seen since WWII. Including a concerted effort to target the civilian population and supporting infrastructure.

Not intentionally killing civilians and causing substantially fewer civilian deaths in the process is in fact a more humane way to bomb you gibbering idiot.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Josef bugman posted:

On that note, a larger philosophical question: How do we encourage better respect for Human Rights in the Middle East from a policy standpoint?

1. Stop the influx of weapons in the region, and in fact try to organize disarmament.
3. Freeze the assets of the worst people as far as corruption and funding of terrorism are concerned.
4. Beyond that, just stop meddling. Stop backing such or such group for political expediency reasons. Just, you know, stop.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

You know, if you think about it, if just the people of Syria had laid down and submitted to Assad when the government started violently beating down the protests then there would never have been a need to massacre them for years on end, so really this is all the protesters' fault.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Randarkman posted:

You know, if you think about it, if just the people of Syria had laid down and submitted to Assad when the government started violently beating down the protests then there would never have been a need to massacre them for years on end, so really this is all the protesters' fault.

Big ups to Syria and Russia for having the smarts to bomb hospitals and bakeries and use chemical weapons casually after those people protested about corruption though. So crafty.

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

Mans posted:

God forbid that D&D be one of those forums where people can realize the world is nuanced and that many factors play a role in disasters.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Mans posted:

The reason why Syria is so bloody is because the US and Saudi Arabia pumped, directly and indirectly, so much manpower, weapons and supplies

Syria has almost certainly been bloodier than it would have been otherwise because many actors pumped resources into the conflict. Whether you think doing so was moral or the optimal strategic decision for the US, Russia, Iran, or jihadis is irrelevant. Or at least this is the general opinion of the Rand corporation on the impact of foreign aid to the participants of civil conflicts. It conforms with common sense in the Syrian instance as well especially if you believe the Syrian government was about to crumble prior to the Russian intervention.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Mans posted:

The reason why Syria is so bloody is because the US and Saudi Arabia pumped, directly and indirectly, so much manpower, weapons and supplies to people who ended up being as secular as the freedom fighters in Afghanistan.

Yes, the US, SA, Russia, Iran, Turkey, and others funneled in money, manpower, and weapons to objectively horrible groups.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
so here's some interesting news, the police state oval office who ran against Morsi in the only free election egypt ever enjoyed, Ahmad Shafik, is being held captive in the Emirates and is being banned from traveling to egypt after he announced he'd like to run for president.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/11/egyptian-pm-ahmed-shafiq-blocked-leaving-uae-171129195447265.html

I dont get why the UAE would block him from running since he's the same kind of dog and slave as Sisi is.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Squalid posted:

Syria has almost certainly been bloodier than it would have been otherwise because many actors pumped resources into the conflict. Whether you think doing so was moral or the optimal strategic decision for the US, Russia, Iran, or jihadis is irrelevant. Or at least this is the general opinion of the Rand corporation on the impact of foreign aid to the participants of civil conflicts. It conforms with common sense in the Syrian instance as well especially if you believe the Syrian government was about to crumble prior to the Russian intervention.

A lot of those actors spent the first couple years calling on the US to do something. It wasn't until Ghouta when the US' bluff was called that the Islamic Front rose, and Saudi Arabia and Turkey really took center stage in the proxy militia game on the rebel side. Before that, they were mostly making diplomatic moves to try and leverage their position within the SNC. I would also note that the reason the Saudi's haven't dumped MANPADs into Syria is because the US is so against it, so there's also a weapons restricting role the US has often played that nobody pays attention to because it doesn't fit the agenda.

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Nov 29, 2017

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Count Roland posted:

Yeah, the short term calculus is different for sure. I love that photo because they're all natural rivals of each other. They're all smiling and shaking hands while holding daggers behind their backs.

I don't know if Iran has eyes on territory its lost. It'd be in modern day Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan. I don't think that would mean Iran going to war against Russia (not if they could help it), but it could mean getting these territories or parts-there-of on side. I see this in the context of both the caucuses and especially central asia being unstable. If poo poo goes down, a more powerful Iran will have opinions on the subject.

As someone who lived in Azerbaijan, there is absolutely no way the Azeris would be interested in the slightest and more or less the same with Turkmenistan. More importantly, both countries have independent sources of wealth, can defend themselves and very little actual ties with Iran. Also, Azerbaijani society diverged completely with Iran and is actually in many ways both more secular and extremely nationalist. Now they aren't necessarily interested in Russian domination either, but to be honest being inert hermit states generally works for everyone. If anything Central Asia is stabilizing, especially economically.

I could see the Turkish-Russian alliance blow up much easier, but there is going to be the continued issue of the YPG and generally declining Turkish-US relations. That said, Erdogan obviously blames the coup on the US at some personal level, and US support for the YPG is quite obvious.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Volkerball posted:

A lot of those actors spent the first couple years calling on the US to do something. It wasn't until Ghouta when the US' bluff was called that the Islamic Front rose, and Saudi Arabia and Turkey really took center stage in the proxy militia game on the rebel side. Before that, they were mostly making diplomatic moves to try and leverage their position within the SNC. I would also note that the reason the Saudi's haven't dumped MANPADs into Syria is because the US is so against it, so there's also a weapons restricting role the US has often played that nobody pays attention to because it doesn't fit the agenda.

Sending lots but not all the weapons: a weapons restricting role

e: ^^^^^^

Interesting. How do Azeris in Azerbaijain get along with Azeris inside Iran? And why is the economic situation getting better? I'd have thought they'd be smarting from the still low price of oil.

Count Roland fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Nov 29, 2017

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Count Roland posted:

Thank God, I thought we were going to run out of dishonest shitposts for a second.

Radio Prune
Feb 19, 2010
ISIS have just released a sequel to The Flames of War (2014), and it's an hour long. Watching it now and they sure know how to make an intense opening montage.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Count Roland posted:

By definition, yes.

Nuance in all things, friend. The United States is responsible for plenty of heinous poo poo all around the world. That doesn't invalidate the legitimate role that we play keeping the world and conflict zones safer, unless you particularly want to see weapons that can bring down passenger airlines in the hands of every Abu Haajar in Syria.

The United States can, in fact, simultaneously funnel weapons and training to opposition groups while simultaneously preventing further Saudi involvement that'd cause way more deaths. Hell, we're not even doing the former any more.

Bottom line is that Syria is just about the worst case study you could choose if you want to demonize the United States. Because the vast majority of our failures have been from being unwilling to do more, and other external actors exploiting our "just getting out" from the region.

Turns out that, as dangerous, bloody, and foolhearty our foreign adventures are? Everyone else is just as bad if not worse.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Count Roland posted:

Interesting. How do Azeris in Azerbaijain get along with Azeris inside Iran? And why is the economic situation getting better? I'd have thought they'd be smarting from the still low price of oil.

Usually it is friendly but detached relationship, but in all honesty north and south Azerbaijan both linguistically and culturally diverged quite a bit. I never met an Azerbaijani who wanted to "reclaim" Tebriz or vice-versa. The all-consuming battle is for Karabakh and everything else is secondary.

To add to that, Azerbaijani society is both very militant in general (far more than any other part of the former Soviet Union I have seen), extremely nationalist and revanchist. The Iranians would have to be insane to get involved in exchange for some half depleted Caspian fields.

The situation has started to stabilize again with rising prices, the Manat took a brutal hit but their reserves stopped declining.

Maybe Iranian-Russian relations won't always be as good as they are now, but the Saudi-Iranian relationship will likely always take precedence for the foreseeable future.

Ardennes fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Nov 30, 2017

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Radio Prune posted:

ISIS have just released a sequel to The Flames of War (2014), and it's an hour long. Watching it now and they sure know how to make an intense opening montage.

is it essentially a giant "YOU DIDNT WIN :qq: " jerkoff revenge promise?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

The Iron Rose posted:

By definition, yes.

Nuance in all things, friend. The United States is responsible for plenty of heinous poo poo all around the world. That doesn't invalidate the legitimate role that we play keeping the world and conflict zones safer, unless you particularly want to see weapons that can bring down passenger airlines in the hands of every Abu Haajar in Syria.

The United States can, in fact, simultaneously funnel weapons and training to opposition groups while simultaneously preventing further Saudi involvement that'd cause way more deaths. Hell, we're not even doing the former any more.

you seem to have confused the words "former" and "latter" here

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
What kinds of consequences are likely if Trump ends up moving the US embassy to Jerusalem this week?

e: please don't make me post this in the hell thread. i mean repercussions in the wider middle east

FourLeaf fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Nov 30, 2017

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

FourLeaf posted:

What kinds of consequences are likely if Trump ends up moving the US embassy to Jerusalem this week?

e: please don't make me post this in the hell thread. i mean repercussions in the wider middle east

Everyone gets real pissy says a bunch of poo poo and carries on a big show about how terrible it is.

But does nothing.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Warbadger posted:

The reason it's so bloody is the Assad government and Russia have been engaged in indiscriminate warfare on a scale that hasn't been seen since WWII. Including a concerted effort to target the civilian population and supporting infrastructure.

Not intentionally killing civilians and causing substantially fewer civilian deaths in the process is in fact a more humane way to bomb you gibbering idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9yRzoOB1C4

Learn what words mean you daft putz.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Saudi is going to get a nuclear technology transfer from the U.S. thanks to daddy trump:-

https://www.propublica.org/article/white-house-may-share-nuclear-power-technology-with-saudi-arabia

Does the U.S. ever export Nucular power reactors to other countries? Normally I hear of French, German, British or Russian firms providing that tech but I've never heard of an american firm doing so.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Mans posted:

Yeah Assad's war in Syria is probably not worse than Vietnam, Iraq Iran, Second Congo War but worse than Iraq overall.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

Saudi is going to get a nuclear technology transfer from the U.S. thanks to daddy trump:-

https://www.propublica.org/article/white-house-may-share-nuclear-power-technology-with-saudi-arabia

Does the U.S. ever export Nucular power reactors to other countries? Normally I hear of French, German, British or Russian firms providing that tech but I've never heard of an american firm doing so.

I think the US has traded nuclear stuff to India. Also controversial, given India's nuclear weapons and it being a non-signatory to the NPT.

Yeah, here:
https://thebulletin.org/taking-stock-us-india-nuclear-deal-10-years-later9165

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Saudi Arabia isn't exactly a model signatory of the NPT either given their investment in Pakistan's nuclear weapons program.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

Israel was French (and British) reactor technology I think, as well as substantial supplies of heavy water (useful for making plutonium from natural, rather than enriched, uranium) from Norway. So, yeah, don't think the US was involved there, then again Israel began its nuclear program sometime before they really were a US ally.

e: Speaking of that, I've always, as someone who has studied a bit of nuclear physics and nuclear energy, found it a bit weird that Iran's been going the uranium enrichment route for its nuclear program.
Since WW2 the vast majority of nuclear weapons have been plutonium bombs, as well as the vastly more powerful hydrogen bombs (which incorporates a plutonium nuclear device to generate the energy to initiate fusion) because in order to enrich uranium to weapons grade you need a whole goddamn lot of it, and the enrichment process is very intensive and expensive as well. In comparison, plutonium is a waste product of uranium reactors operating with low-enriched uranium (or even natural uranium if using heavy water as a moderator) and basically it's weapons grade if you don't leave it in the reactor for too long. Meaning you need substantially less uranium to make a plutonium bomb and you don't require the whole infrastructure dedicated to the enrichment procedure (or you don't need to do nearly as much enrichment). And on top of that it even allows you a kind of plausible deniability of pretending it's all research reactors (reactors meant for producing energy are less than ideal for producing weapons-grade plutonium and it's easier to prove that you are lying about their purpose). With uranium enrichment there isn't that much of a deniability inherent in it, as when you are producing very highly enriched uranium there's really not much else you can use it for than weapons.
I guess the actual bomb design for plutonium bombs and the technology involved in them is much more complicated than a uranium bomb, and it's no cakewalk to extract plutonium from spent fuel, but it still strikes me as kind of strange.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Nov 30, 2017

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Al-Saqr posted:

A lil better details: https://www.axios.com/westinghouse-saudi-nuclear-deal-2511380294.html

The reason US might wanna sell some units is because domestic deals aren't working out: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...n-idUSKBN18J2M2 Note, Toshiba now operates Westinghouse. Don't know the ownership stake and I'm too tired to look it up.

GCC has been toying with nuclear power production for awhile, at least since 2004. Timing now works out politically on both sides and financially for US. Saudis clearly have no idea wtf they're doing. if US wants to sell some lightwater reactors to KSA, it's KSA's loss.

The reason it made sense for Iran is because they have uranium deposits, were already cut off from meaningful foreign investment, the political gaming of breakthrough capability, and had enough domestic brainpower to complete the fuel cycle. I don't know how it'd break even in energy or capital, but at least you can leverage breakthrough capability to extract foreign concessions - which was the whole point of the nuclear deal - to make the whole investment worthwhile.

KSA really stands only to lose by investing in nuclear as opposed to solar power*. I hear the whole country is a desert, so, uh...yeah. Sadly, after some cursory searching I can't find any good studies on comparative cost/kW because of how easy it is to fudge. Building NPP in KSA would require procuring & transporting nuclear fuel to KSA with lifetime of security and then securing contracts for fuel disposal. Not to mention it'd take at least a decade to see the first Watt. Yeah, have fun with that MBS.

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_power_in_Saudi_Arabia & https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_in_Saudi_Arabia#Electricity_consumption - if they invest in nuke, no way they'll meet these solar targets and they'd need a poo poo ton of NPPs to fill the solar gap as the cost of PV goes down.

^ US was instrumental in the heavy water Norway-Israel deal AFAIK. I believe Teller (& maybe Von Neumann) personally helped with bomb physics.

guidoanselmi fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Nov 30, 2017

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

We're just going to let MBS have nukes now? I thought that Kim just taught us a lesson.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Part of me wonders if this is a deliberate provocation to try to get Iran to break the nuclear deal.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Mans posted:

You've looked at a war in which 10 million people have had their lives upended simply so that one man could remain in power, and your response is to mock the severity of it and blame the victims, so you can spare us the crocodile tears about Vietnam. The value of a victims life to you is only worth what it can contribute to your ideological goals, and the architects of the Vietnam war would agree with you. At least in Vietnam, victims had the left sticking up for them. In Syria, their lives aren't worth a dollar to most people.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Al-Saqr posted:

so here's some interesting news, the police state oval office who ran against Morsi in the only free election egypt ever enjoyed, Ahmad Shafik, is being held captive in the Emirates and is being banned from traveling to egypt after he announced he'd like to run for president.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/11/egyptian-pm-ahmed-shafiq-blocked-leaving-uae-171129195447265.html

I dont get why the UAE would block him from running since he's the same kind of dog and slave as Sisi is.

Sisi is more scared of the Mubaraks and anyone associated with them than he is of the MB, salafists or liberals, because they still enjoy popular support. It's why a court ruled Alaa and Gamal Mubarak couldn't run for office for a period of four years, and why Shafik has been in hiding in the UAE ever since.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Randarkman posted:

e: Speaking of that, I've always, as someone who has studied a bit of nuclear physics and nuclear energy, found it a bit weird that Iran's been going the uranium enrichment route for its nuclear program.

I don't know much (anything) about the Iranian program, but I do know for breeder reactors you still would need a level of enrichment that's comparable to commercial fuel, that is, ~20% at least. In addition, it is more costly to go from NU to LEU than it is to go from LEU to HEU*. So unless they have a reliable source of LEU fuel ready to buy (maybe they do?), there's no getting around the lions share of the enrichment process, be it destined for a breeder or burner.

Compound this with uranium being relatively common and cheap, and breeder reactors being relatively more complex than simple once-through burners, I don't really see whats weird about this for a developing nuclear energy program.

*if you're really interested I can show you the SWU formulas sometime tomorrow or the next day breaking down the economics of enrichment. Also highly enriched uranium is still perfectly fine for reactors as much as bombs, and doubly so if you have plans on small reactor designs befitting things like submarines.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

I see now you mentioned it's possible with natural uranium reactors to breed, which I've not heard of. The only operating NU reactors I'm aware of is the CANDU, and in that case you still need to enrich something, in this case the water. A fine trade off in some ways, but they still require a massive throughput of NU and the reactivity of the fuel elements drops off rapidly, meaning irradiation time for any given bundle is not all that long, making it a pretty poor breeder and greatly increasing the volume you would have to reprocess. But if there's some NU breeder I've never heard of I'd love to know more.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/faysalitani/status/935859495410044928

It's a cartoon written by a woman about her childhood in Syria in the 80's.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Randarkman posted:

Israel was French (and British) reactor technology I think, as well as substantial supplies of heavy water (useful for making plutonium from natural, rather than enriched, uranium) from Norway. So, yeah, don't think the US was involved there, then again Israel began its nuclear program sometime before they really were a US ally.

Since WW2 the vast majority of nuclear weapons have been plutonium bombs, as well as the vastly more powerful hydrogen bombs (which incorporates a plutonium nuclear device to generate the energy to initiate fusion) because in order to enrich uranium to weapons grade you need a whole goddamn lot of it, and the enrichment process is very intensive and expensive as well. In comparison, plutonium is a waste product of uranium reactors operating with low-enriched uranium (or even natural uranium if using heavy water as a moderator) and basically it's weapons grade if you don't leave it in the reactor for too long. Meaning you need substantially less uranium to make a plutonium bomb and you don't require the whole infrastructure dedicated to the enrichment procedure (or you don't need to do nearly as much enrichment). And on top of that it even allows you a kind of plausible deniability of pretending it's all research reactors (reactors meant for producing energy are less than ideal for producing weapons-grade plutonium and it's easier to prove that you are lying about their purpose). With uranium enrichment there isn't that much of a deniability inherent in it, as when you are producing very highly enriched uranium there's really not much else you can use it for than weapons.
I guess the actual bomb design for plutonium bombs and the technology involved in them is much more complicated than a uranium bomb, and it's no cakewalk to extract plutonium from spent fuel, but it still strikes me as kind of strange.

Getting critical mass with Plutonium is far more complex from an engineering point of view than enriched Uranium, for which you simply need two gobs of enriched Uranium, a metal tube and some conventional explosive like TNT or some such. I am sure though that the Iranian engineers would get Plutonium go boom given enough time.

I think the answer lies in the word "reactor", because you can't build one in a place where the Israelis won't bomb it into a cloud of dust immediately. (Relevant: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Opera ) Their enrichment centrifuges on the other hand are buried very deep and are probably untouchable even by bunker busters.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Volkerball posted:

You've looked at a war in which 10 million people have had their lives upended simply so that one man could remain in power, and your response is to mock the severity of it and blame the victims, so you can spare us the crocodile tears about Vietnam. The value of a victims life to you is only worth what it can contribute to your ideological goals, and the architects of the Vietnam war would agree with you. At least in Vietnam, victims had the left sticking up for them. In Syria, their lives aren't worth a dollar to most people.

"at least I've never cared about civilian lives" is an interesting tack to take while trying to claim the moral high ground, but let's see how it plays out for him

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ze Pollack posted:

"at least I've never cared about civilian lives" is an interesting tack to take while trying to claim the moral high ground, but let's see how it plays out for him

I know a lot of you are trapped in the 60's, but I don't think you're going to find really anyone these days who's kneejerk response to condemnation of the US role in Vietnam is some stupid rear end "what about the Soviets and China, they've done way worse." I've certainly never so much as implied such a thing. For lack of such an enemy, you're fabricating them in your mind to justify taking agency away from people who are suffering, and reducing them to pawns on a game board in your childish vendetta against the government. If you're going to stand for something, stand for people, who all inherently deserve rights, dignity, and a representative government that treats them fairly in accordance with their values. Not for some dogmatic team bullshit that makes you look like a complete loving idiot to anyone who isn't a neo-nazi, a useful idiot for dictators, or the whitest of privileged Western lefties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Volkerball posted:

Who the gently caress is saying I support Assad? I loving despise the regime.

The answer is simply not the U.S. supporting freedom fighters nor are they more ethically qualified in regime change in the ME than Russia. That was my point and it never was anything else.