Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

You should probably not read takes about F1 on loving Reddit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I'm confident that Big Bobby Cube can come up to speed and win the WDC by lots of points.

This is an objectively Good Post

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

You should probably not read takes about F1 on loving Reddit

It was the Motorsport.com comments section.

That one was followed up by people "oh man good spot!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Wirth1000 posted:

It was the Motorsport.com comments section.

That one was followed up by people "oh man good spot!

Jesus Christ

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Round these parts we used to have a saying about test times and how relevant they were.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

GramCracker posted:

This is an objectively Good Post

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Wirth1000 posted:

Ok, leading article on motorsport.com right now is Williams refusing to talk about Kubica's speed today. He was 4 tenths faster than Sirotkin however Sirotkin was on softs while Kubica set his time on the hypersofts.

WTF! Are you in alternate reality?

Today's times, but don't talk about them with Williams, please!

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Lol good luck with those engines next year Toro Rosso.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Which team is Sirotkin testing for?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Williams.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Phwoar Super Seb is at it again

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Looks very much like Big Bobbie K is pretty much on pace for driving a Williams in Abu Dhabi in test conditions

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

iospace posted:

I'd take Danica Patrick over Jorda any day.

Michelle Mouton over both, but that goes without saying.

yeah, I have more respect for Danica, because she is legit out there racing with the good old boys, and as much as she's not likely a top contender, she (as far as I can remember) has put in some good drives. She's the most well known female driver, and has been at it a long time, so she's more than a one shot publicity stunt. There are certainly male drivers with seats who are worse than her. Jorda is smoking hot and slow as poo poo. Moulton is still the alpha lady-driver that all little girl racers should aspire to, kicking rear end and taking names in her day.

Pierogi posted:

Looks like Kube is running very respectably, especially looking at the # of laps, even though, yes, we can't really tell anything concrete about this. I didn't know the full limitations of his injury, and it's even more impressive (and scary too maybe?) that he's able to manage competitive times with that kind of limitation. Also, his Williams is probably almost as much of a handicap, so putting it midpack is quite decent.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
De Silvestro is respectable.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Do we not like Jutta Kleinschmidt?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
There's always Shirley Muldowney, too.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Feels Villeneuve posted:

There's always Shirley Muldowney, too.

First three time top fuel champion.

Also Leah Pritchett and the Force daughters.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Pierogi posted:

I hadn't seen the times I was just going off the article

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Oh those times confirm the article never mind

Big Bobby K is :coolfish:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Oh those times confirm the article never mind

Big Bobby K is :coolfish:

He certainly has one flipper

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Big Bobby Kube was quicker than Stroll's qualifying time which is a start.

It's a shame Hobbes is retiring, you know he'd call Kubica "The one armed bandit" at least once.

Dudley fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Nov 29, 2017

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
If Williams pick K-bizzle I am prepared to offer the following deal:

One day of probation for each and every point Stroll scores more than him as long as somebody else volunteers for the same punishment for each point the Kube scores more than Lance 'Glans' Stroll.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I'm too invested in who Williams sign already, but I think that would be an interesting bit of matched toxx betting. Toxx futures, if you will.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

ilmucche posted:

Do we not like Jutta Kleinschmidt?

Of course, nearly as much as Ellen Lohr.

And it has to be said: Rachel Frey did drive some good races in ADAC GT Masters the last two years.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

:toxx: serve me a fresh hot month long probie if the Big Kube outscores Are Lance in 2018.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

tuo posted:

The thing is: when AUDI motorsport chief yelled "Timo, schieb in raus" (Timo (Scheider), push him off) into the mic, it was what most non-Mercedes fans felt watching the race. The way Mercedes drove to get Wehrlein to champion was disgusting (in this scene, Wehrlein was just given another spot from another Mercedes driver that then started to block Timo Scheider). To the point, that Ex-Mercedes-Motorsport-Chief Norbert Haug - who is a drat cool guy, super defensive when it comes to Mercedes to not come across as a hurt bitch because Wolf threw him out...he's just supercool - even started to question the motives of Mercedes. That DTM season was disgusting imo. The Audi sport chief who instructed Timo Scheider to kick Wehrlein off got a live-long probation from DTM pit-lane (allthough he appeared again this year) and of course was relieved of his position at AUDI DTM Motorsports operation.

I am a loving big BMW fan, but if some other team wins fair and square, it's all good, and I even had tears in my eyes this year applauding Rene Rast for winning the DTM for AUDI in an Audi (and I hate AUDI and Audis), but the way Wehrlein won simply wasn't impressive imo. Mercedes had an awesome car that year, a very good driver with Wehrlein, and then decided it is appropriate to make the seven other Mercedes drivers Wehrlein's bitch after about two or three races (of ten).

gently caress that poo poo!

DTM imitating cycling

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
What about Laia Sanz? She had a top 10 finish in Dakar a couple years back on a bike. And that's a real race, unlike F1.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

wicka posted:

He certainly has one flipper

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

CratSock posted:

yeah, I have more respect for Danica, because she is legit out there racing with the good old boys, and as much as she's not likely a top contender, she (as far as I can remember) has put in some good drives. She's the most well known female driver, and has been at it a long time, so she's more than a one shot publicity stunt. There are certainly male drivers with seats who are worse than her. Jorda is smoking hot and slow as poo poo. Moulton is still the alpha lady-driver that all little girl racers should aspire to, kicking rear end and taking names in her day.

If there's going to be a female driver in F1 it'll be someone like Jamie Chadwick or Sophia Floersch.
Jorda is and was garbage (was she the one whose fellow test driver came out and said "she was like 10 seconds behind me"?), Simona is really not doing all that good in V8 and Danica appears to be on her way out.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Simona was very impressive in the last Supercars race and has been driving one of the shittiest, oldest chassis on the grid.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

quote:

The former Chelsea and Tottenham manager André Villas-Boas will contest the Dakar Rally in 2018 after quitting as manager of Chinese side Shanghai SIPG.

Well on the way to completing the first bar of a new P-ditty
Read more
Villas-Boas, whose uncle took part in the event in 1982, will drive a Toyota Hilux in the 15-day rally which starts in Peru on 6 January and travels through Bolivia before finishing in Argentina on 20 January.

The 40-year-old motorsport enthusiast considered tackling the gruelling race on a motorbike, but was persuaded to switch to the Hilux pick-up and will have fellow Portuguese Ruben Faria as his co-driver.

“I spoke with my friend Alex Doringer, the manager of the KTM team, who told me that I would still need a full year’s preparation to get there and that it was better to consider doing it with a car,” Villas-Boas said.

“So I got in touch with Team Overdrive and here I am!”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/29/andre-villas-boas-quits-as-manager-of-shanghai-sipg-to-take-part-in-dakar-rally

lmao

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Simona was very impressive in the last Supercars race and has been driving one of the shittiest, oldest chassis on the grid.

To be clear, she's not doing like super shittily. But she's one of the highest paid drivers on the grid and she doesn't always look it.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If Scuderia Ferrari doesnt win the WDC and the WCC next year all should get banned. I mean honestly, what are we doing here.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
:toxx: ban DrGonzo if Ferrari don't win the 2018 WDC AND WCC :toxx:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Wirth1000 posted:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

:toxx: serve me a fresh hot month long probie if the Big Kube outscores Are Lance in 2018.

Noted, or will be anyway :effort:

Also:

Wirth1000 posted:

Noted

I won't do this unless Gonzo actually says it's cool. I'm not that big of a jackass.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
How big is your list of toxx clauses we may be going a little overboard here

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wirth1000 posted:

How big is your list of toxx clauses we may be going a little overboard here

"Four" currently unresolved, though one is the entirety of William's next driver.. The post has three of them + gram's from the old thread, I'll add the latest one when I get home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wirth1000 posted:

Nice meltdown

• Locked thread