Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
Pretty sure they will promise a bunch of poo poo and deliver it next year with a paid dlc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I cant wait

Either the game gets better or we get a hilarious community meltdown.

Or hell, both

I want both

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Anyone taking bets?

I'm guessing the old list of planned improvements was about as much future info they could give so the blog will be an update on those, maybe some more specifics, and something big for raking in more population like DLC1 becoming free while another one is added on the back end of the season pass.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I bet they mention an emote wheel

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Anyone taking bets?

I'm guessing the old list of planned improvements was about as much future info they could give so the blog will be an update on those, maybe some more specifics, and something big for raking in more population like DLC1 becoming free while another one is added on the back end of the season pass.

pfft lmao.

It's going to be a bigger info drop about how Season 2 is going to work and whatever the live team has come up with for Crucible balance, at best.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lightning Knight posted:

pfft lmao.

It's going to be a bigger info drop about how Season 2 is going to work and whatever the live team has come up with for Crucible balance, at best.

I think it's going to be more than that, this seems to be an unexpected swerve the team is making that wasn't part of the development plan that's been in place since launch. You're more or less describing the content of the canceled stream.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

haveblue posted:

I think it's going to be more than that, this seems to be an unexpected swerve the team is making that wasn't part of the development plan that's been in place since launch. You're more or less describing the content of the canceled stream.

I mean "having the same stream we planned to have, but having more important people explain it and relabeling it to make it seem ~super important~" is not something that would surprise me at this point.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Lightning Knight posted:

I mean "having the same stream we planned to have, but having more important people explain it and relabeling it to make it seem ~super important~" is not something that would surprise me at this point.

indeed but its not what is going to happen, so

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
anyway i think they'll announce some big, far-reaching changes. most of them will be bad, a couple of them will be good, and they'll come out in a couple of patches between now and september

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Legs Benedict posted:

anyway i think they'll announce some big, far-reaching changes. most of them will be bad, a couple of them will be good, and they'll come out in a couple of patches between now and september

hedgin' those bets like some kinda wuss

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Angry Walrus posted:

hedgin' those bets like some kinda wuss

its not bet hedging if its my earnest belief :colbert:

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
At this point, I don't think you'd accept anything less than Lars being tarred and feathered and Luke Smith getting Robespierred in public.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

yes????

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Insane Totoro posted:

At this point, I don't think you'd accept anything less than Lars being tarred and feathered and Luke Smith getting Robespierred in public.

agreed on lars but luke smith just needs shoved in a cage and only gets fed by the live team when he comes up with good raid ideas and isnt allowed to just do whatever he wants because thats how you get the shittiest raid in the franchise

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Angry Walrus posted:

agreed on lars but luke smith just needs shoved in a cage and only gets fed by the live team when he comes up with good raid ideas and isnt allowed to just do whatever he wants because thats how you get the shittiest raid in the franchise

How do I donate to your Patreon

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
does this game still suck????

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

tyrelhill posted:

does this game still suck????

For the next couple of hours, maybe

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
it will suck through DLC 2 at a minimum

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Insane Totoro posted:

How do I donate to your Patreon

instead of a patreon i just have people send me food with uber eats

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The meta is a 450 RPM Auto-de-fé

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I really don’t even know what they could possibly say today that would make people happy at this point.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Our PVP is now literally Destiny 1 and also every gun has a random roll so go out and get your God Roll (tm) today #godrolld2

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

If they would transfer my dope d1 armor that would be good too

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Rng rolls from y3 were good but not necessary. honestly they just need to redo pvp and figure out a way to make a meaningful endgame. Good luck!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

ð’» 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®ð’ ð’¾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Last_Taste posted:

The OP gives you the necessary info. Add your info to the google doc, do the necessary bungie stuff, and message wrecks (ya boy) for slack details.

I did that a week ago and also pm'd everyone who could add me.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Rng rolls from y3 were good but not necessary. honestly they just need to redo pvp and figure out a way to make a meaningful endgame. Good luck!

I give them 30% odds of coming up with something that satisfies that and 10% of being able to execute on it.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Waffle House posted:

Tei is the best though. :hai:

agreedo

poppin in to say "Who's Willis699?" i can approve you for the buttmoon clan... if you complete my trials

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
I can't believe people played that wet fart of a beta and then went on to buy this game.

And now you think they came up with a bunch of good fixes (for things they don't think are problems) in the last week and they'll implement them in a timely manner?

I played as much D1 as anyone but come on guys they aren't getting better at this.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
I think they will have some good ideas but will only deliver on half and take 12 months to do so.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

sunday at work posted:

I can't believe people played that wet fart of a beta and then went on to buy this game.

And now you think they came up with a bunch of good fixes (for things they don't think are problems) in the last week and they'll implement them in a timely manner?

I played as much D1 as anyone but come on guys they aren't getting better at this.

Dude....wet farts are fun and exciting, please don’t compare the Destiny 2 beta to something like that.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

High cal gon get nerfed, ar range gon get nerfed, pulse rifles and hand cannons gon get a buff.

Well it would make sense to do that. Instead they'll buff scouts and sidearms and nerf blade dancer and pulse rifles.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

BlindSite posted:

High cal gon get nerfed, ar range gon get nerfed, pulse rifles and hand cannons gon get a buff.

Well it would make sense to do that. Instead they'll buff scouts and sidearms and nerf blade dancer and pulse rifles.

I know you meant arc strider but now I hope that Bungie nerfs a D1 class accidentally.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

F5.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46504

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Destiny 2: The Destiny 1ening

(Edit: All these changes are good but don't address what are imho the core failures of the game, so let's see where this goes)

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

quote:

We’ve also been reading some tough criticism about our lack of communication, and we agree we need to be more open.

followed by...

quote:

We’re targeting a January update to provide better incentives to complete Prestige activities

What the gently caress does that mean?!

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

TG-Chrono posted:

followed by...

What the gently caress does that mean?!

It means don't bother doing anything prestige until next year maybe.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

new endgame: vault full of 420 kill masterworks

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Well they've unfucked Faction NPCs back into vendors like they should have been from the start, too bad everything else is just shuffling furniture around and refusing to even acknowledge 4v4 or lack of matchmaking options were mistake.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

All these changes are good but don't address what are imho the core failures of the game

Yeah, it's mostly a plan for minor tweaks and adjustments to the game. Tuning supremacy scoring ain't gonna fix PvP and private matches sometime in 2018 aren't going to fix it either. Masterworks sound cool, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

So Masterworks are kinda like Ancient items in Diablo or Classified gear in Division. That's a good start. But they're only for weapons right now, they definitely need armor perks. Especially for raid gear