Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
So apparently you can just get BM bios from dimension shifters in the new story chapters. So, there's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

KaosMachina posted:

So apparently you can just get BM bios from dimension shifters in the new story chapters. So, there's that.

Is that new? I just got Urus from the shifters

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
All this arguing is good and all but I am so pissed I am cutting off the Keke tattoo I lovingly got inked on my chest years ago. :smith:

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Fried Sushi posted:

I had trouble too till I put a 1* mastery Red Hulk as my lead, the immune to burn made it a ton easier, might have to kite a few times on Wolverine to get health up but other than that it was pretty straightforward, used a 3* Red Hulk with 1* mastery as lead then Wolvie and Strange but never had to swap to Strange.

Great tip, I will try that. Thanks.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Holyshoot posted:

They gave us 1750 crystals for free and the first pull is guaranteed to give you one of the new dudes. If you still see the same people lighting up for buying the boxes in a few days then you're correct.

Did they do this by VIP level or something? I didn't get any free crystals . . .

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

plainswalker75 posted:

Did they do this by VIP level or something? I didn't get any free crystals . . .

Make sure you restart the game, they didn't show up this morning till I restarted.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Fried Sushi posted:

Make sure you restart the game, they didn't show up this morning till I restarted.

That did it, thanks!

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Kegslayer posted:

Is that new? I just got Urus from the shifters

Random, I think. Like Angela where it could be a bio or it could be an uru.

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.

The Dave posted:

Yeah the "OH WELL UNINSTALLED" responses are really eye-rolly to me.

As I said in the discord, part of this is that this has been building, this was the wrong time to make this kind of misstep and that's why I'm done.

I'm not going to rage at people and say 'if you don't uninstall you're literally the devil'. If you're not at endgame, there's still plenty to do without having to buy rng characters, and that's fine. However, quite a few of us are at the very end, in fact I had every single character in the game at 6/6/60 4/20 before this patch. At the point I'm at the primary content is the new characters, and locking them in a gambling/gacha/etc. box was just too much. The cards and gears? They aren't content, they're for .1%ers.

In the end, it comes down to super bad experiences with gacha in the past. Spending the equivalent of 100 USD of cash-shop currency (earned as in-game rewards) and getting nothing out of a box sticks with you.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Holyshoot posted:

They gave us 1750 crystals for free and the first pull is guaranteed to give you one of the new dudes. If you still see the same people lighting up for buying the boxes in a few days then you're correct.

Yeah, that's 1750 free crystals you flushed down the toilet on a character you'll never be able to finish, instead of saving it for better uniforms or something in the future. Or instead of just quitting outright. It's exactly what you shouldn't be doing if you're trying to discourage the loot boxes.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Greywords posted:

As I said in the discord, part of this is that this has been building, this was the wrong time to make this kind of misstep and that's why I'm done.

I'm not going to rage at people and say 'if you don't uninstall you're literally the devil'. If you're not at endgame, there's still plenty to do without having to buy rng characters, and that's fine. However, quite a few of us are at the very end, in fact I had every single character in the game at 6/6/60 4/20 before this patch. At the point I'm at the primary content is the new characters, and locking them in a gambling/gacha/etc. box was just too much. The cards and gears? They aren't content, they're for .1%ers.

In the end, it comes down to super bad experiences with gacha in the past. Spending the equivalent of 100 USD of cash-shop currency (earned as in-game rewards) and getting nothing out of a box sticks with you.

Yeah, I can understand that. Me, I've still got a LOT to do before I start looking at it that way.

Also, there's a discord? Got a link?

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

WarEternal posted:

Yeah, that's 1750 free crystals you flushed down the toilet on a character you'll never be able to finish, instead of saving it for better uniforms or something in the future. Or instead of just quitting outright. It's exactly what you shouldn't be doing if you're trying to discourage the loot boxes.

Uh, everything in this every game is flushing money down the toilet.

The crystals are still a net gain, no matter how they are spent, since we didn't pay money to get them.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

WarEternal posted:

:shrug: Still wont buy anymore though or buy more monthly things. And they will consider it a loss if a majority of accounts are only buying one 10 set and nothing further.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I'm sitting on the crystals because having north of 6K in the bank is good based on previous results. IE, magneto and the big bulk packages for Black Friday. Dollars to donuts we'll get another similar one for Christmas / Chinese new year. Probably not going to Stark again but I just did before Thanksgiving so now I have sunk cost fallacy going on.

This event quest wasn't up yesterday, right? IE, we should be at 140 tokens after doing everything today? Free T2 and a mega-6 ticket if my math is right.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Game is still fun. Loot boxes are horrendously bad always.

I’ll still play. Just won’t buy the poo poo loot boxes. Welcome to video games.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Well I saw that we got free crystals, said "eh, gently caress it" and bought the stupid box and got a 6* Anti-Man and a 4* Nova, and I ranked up Nova with spare tickets. I have a week left on my bio sub, and a Mega ticket leftover from...some event, so I was able to 6* Quasar.

I'm content with having everyone sit at 15 gears and T1. I was compelled to just GET them, I don't care if they just sit there. I got lucky and this worked out with no money spent, and I don't feel the need to touch these boxes again or actually pay for anything.

This is not defending the stupid boxes, I felt lovely even pressing the button to buy them with the charity crystals.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It seems like Nova is a more or less lock from buying one of those boxes but I'm leaning on holding onto the crystals for uniforms or something and gambling that in a couple of months they'll reduce prices or change up the availability based on low sales.

I still don't think its a big deal.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i dont care about either character so im doing a lootbox boycott and saving my stahls for blonde scarlett johnassen 3000 crystal ultra t3 uniform coming for infinity war

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

NmareBfly posted:

I'm sitting on the crystals because having north of 6K in the bank is good based on previous results. IE, magneto and the big bulk packages for Black Friday. Dollars to donuts we'll get another similar one for Christmas / Chinese new year. Probably not going to Stark again but I just did before Thanksgiving so now I have sunk cost fallacy going on.

This event quest wasn't up yesterday, right? IE, we should be at 140 tokens after doing everything today? Free T2 and a mega-6 ticket if my math is right.

140 today, 40 every day for the next 7 days. 420, one T2 ticket.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm trying to decide if the Mega 6 is more valuable to use on a pay character than a T2 ticket is.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

the mega is what ill get, its way more valuable than a t2 ticket

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

ICR put me back in hebrons

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

I'm trying to decide if the Mega 6 is more valuable to use on a pay character than a T2 ticket is.

Easily

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I bought 4 loot boxes.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Drythe posted:

ICR put me back in hebrons

Apply my friend! 2 spots are open in Marble Hebrons now.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Apply my friend! 2 spots are open in Marble Hebrons now.

put me in coach

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

KaosMachina posted:

Yeah, I can understand that. Me, I've still got a LOT to do before I start looking at it that way.

Also, there's a discord? Got a link?

https://discord.gg/2HkNXzx

its very active and for lots more than just ff

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah the discord rules. Future Fight channel is very active.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I have 8 friends spots open. I send points every single day. Can’t hold me down Keke!!!!!!!!

ICR THE SUN GOD

Add me.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Saint Freak posted:

Finally all of you jerks will have to quit and come play LOVELIVE! SCHOOL IDOL FESTIVAL.

Tell me more...

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Taking an extended break so I left Doctor Goons. Feel free to kick me if you've friended me. Later!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I bought a chest because we got the crystals (that honestly I feel like I don't eve remember claiming but I had a claim all I wasn't paying attention to today) and got 6 start Anti man out of it. Was hoping to get 2 characters but atleast it was a 6er.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

you get a free t2 ticket at least every 4 weeks

you get a free mega 6 like... once a year?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

This event quest finally motivated me to buckle down and finish 12-7 and 12-8 instead of just waiting for Jean to sleepwalk through everything.

Turns out a manually played Dr. Strange is basically unbeatable. Who knew. (13-8 sucks though)

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I beat 13-8 today.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

13-8 was actually pretty easy for me. I just ran Phoenix through with She Hulk leadership and got it in one go. It was the Ebony Maw stage that took a few tries and wrecked Phoenix. Had to use Loki and realized his new costume puts him back in my top tier of players.

That's my first CTP and I'm not sure what to do with it. Gonna sit on it for awhile and think it over.

I decided to grab the free hero box and I regret it. Got Blue Marvel when I already had him. Guess I can use it to get him to 4/20 but still, sucks. Ah well. It was essentially free.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Fried Sushi posted:

I had trouble too till I put a 1* mastery Red Hulk as my lead, the immune to burn made it a ton easier, might have to kite a few times on Wolverine to get health up but other than that it was pretty straightforward, used a 3* Red Hulk with 1* mastery as lead then Wolvie and Strange but never had to swap to Strange.

That worked, thanks again. I then beat Odin with my Strange/Wolvie/Sharog dream team. Wolverine and Strange did all the work, Sharon just took too much damage.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

13-8 was actually pretty easy for me. I just ran Phoenix through with She Hulk leadership and got it in one go. It was the Ebony Maw stage that took a few tries and wrecked Phoenix. Had to use Loki and realized his new costume puts him back in my top tier of players.

That's my first CTP and I'm not sure what to do with it. Gonna sit on it for awhile and think it over.

I decided to grab the free hero box and I regret it. Got Blue Marvel when I already had him. Guess I can use it to get him to 4/20 but still, sucks. Ah well. It was essentially free.

Basically same here, but I used my megaT2 I had around on BM and he’s actual pretty awesome. Only real weakness is that if Strange or Phoenix catches him in a time freeze, it’ll wreck him.

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost

STAC Goat posted:

I don't understand this post. Phoenix tears through all content in this game like an assknife through bacon. What are you doing wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

ebony maw sometimes chains together extremely long iframes and youre stuck their like a mug getting hit by stuff which you really should dodge but youre trying to watch tv