Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Axetrain posted:

Yeah bad/new Jasons are a ton of fun to play against because you can usually clown on them for the whole match and it's kinda funny actually.

The really fun ones are the Jasons who keep chasing athlete girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Unfortunately on PS4 the only people with mics are 10 year olds so trying to organize a kill is nearly impossible in a public match.

Today would have been the perfect time. I’ve still never seen it done and only attempted once (Jason wasn’t ever brought to his knees).

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
One thing you gotta do as a Jason is keep your mask. So long as you have your mask you're good.

Even an AJ armed with a Machete can take your mask down in about 4 hits if you're part 8

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJfHZxixPCg

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Best Goon Game Ever

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Dat 240p quality.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Played my first match, died first (got my head crushed just after picking up a flare gun), got resurrected as Tommy, had no idea what to do. Opened the map and ran towards Jason then a big YOU SURVIVED message popped up and the game ended. Went back to the lobby and I think someone farted in their microphone. 8/10 playing the poo poo out this for the next few days.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Sounds like time ran out while you were Not Dead, so you win. Yay

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

VolticSurge posted:

Dat 240p quality.

Yeah I dunno how to fix that, OBS records at that quality. I'm sure it streams at that quality too. I have no idea.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

this game is good all i have to do is hide in a cabin flashing my light at someone and everyone else does the work

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Skunkrocker posted:

Yeah I dunno how to fix that, OBS records at that quality. I'm sure it streams at that quality too. I have no idea.

Go to Settings>Video and set the resolution you want it to scale to. Also, you can go to Settings>Output and select the Streaming or Recording tab and deselect resolution scaling altogether.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Nov 24, 2017

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Hosts who quit when they get killed can burn in Hell. Especially when the police have already been called.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

TheBizzness posted:

Hosts who quit when they get killed can burn in Hell. Especially when the police have already been called.

I love this game, but it's outrageous they haven't implemented host migration or dedicated servers yet.

FAKE EDIT: On consoles, that is. I play on PS4.

Crescent Wrench fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Nov 25, 2017

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
for those lurking: PC has dedicated servers and they work great, it's console versions that don't for some dumb reason.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Coolguye posted:

for those lurking: PC has dedicated servers and they work great, it's console versions that don't for some dumb reason.

Yup. Worst thing that happens is bitchbabies quitting when they aren't Jason, giving you less time until the reaper comes calling, and that not the majority of games.

E: my approach to this game is I'm destined to die but if I manage to make poo poo work by blind luck then hell yeah. I mean c'mon, when does anyone but the final girl ever make it?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Yup. Worst thing that happens is bitchbabies quitting when they aren't Jason, giving you less time until the reaper comes calling, and that not the majority of games.

E: my approach to this game is I'm destined to die but if I manage to make poo poo work by blind luck then hell yeah. I mean c'mon, when does anyone but the final girl ever make it?

Yeah, I just try to be helpful and fix as much stuff as I can but if that's not working out I can usually waste at least a few minutes of Jason's time before I die. If I can help someone make it out I feel like I won.

Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015
I played Chad and always loving made it. I'd run around and get Jason's attention, then clown him building to building saying Chad poo poo. Not once did I ever lose the car once I was driving. Never stopped for anybody, just yelled "sorry, I don't ride with the help" as I went by.

Once while I was fighting a protracted guerilla war against Jason I watched another Chad get in the four-seater and drive off without the two AJs who fixed it. I ran up to the side of the road, said hey, and he stopped and let me in, then we escaped. See you later, peasants

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Regrettable posted:

Yeah, I just try to be helpful and fix as much stuff as I can but if that's not working out I can usually waste at least a few minutes of Jason's time before I die. If I can help someone make it out I feel like I won.

The best/worst is getting killed by Jason as the phone call goes through. The car can be a non starter but if you wasted enough of his time for the cops to come, you just saved someone.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Question: why do we all avoid the phone at the beginning of a round, when Jason is at his weakest? Think about this for a minute... Jason only has Morph and eventually Sense for a few minutes before he gets Shift. He's VERY vulnerable to getting clowned then, especially non 9/Savini/Tinfoil Jasons. A player who spawns next to the phone house could arm up, beat on Jason before he even puts down a trap, and keep him stunned until help arrives.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Skunkrocker posted:

Question: why do we all avoid the phone at the beginning of a round, when Jason is at his weakest? Think about this for a minute... Jason only has Morph and eventually Sense for a few minutes before he gets Shift. He's VERY vulnerable to getting clowned then, especially non 9/Savini/Tinfoil Jasons. A player who spawns next to the phone house could arm up, beat on Jason before he even puts down a trap, and keep him stunned until help arrives.

Unless we have the fuse right off the bat as well there isn't much point as the one person who is attacking Jason can still get grabbed and killed and Jason can go on his marry way placing traps. It would more just be delaying the inevitable. Also it would be a waste of weapons and distractions for when you really need to get out.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I've only been able to find early-game Jason and a good weapon at the same time exactly once, an axe in the cabin I spawned next to, super close to the phone. I was playing Thrasher Buggzy :allears: I'm pretty sure I had his mask before he had Sense.

Every other time it's either an ocean of fire pokers and pans, or I don't even see Jason until he zero shifts fist-first into my torso.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
For whatever reason I’ve been playing like a true Friday counselor today.

On multiple occasions I had an easy escape and decided to try and do fancy things for points or attack Jason from behind to help other counselors.

I was murdered every single time.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I got killed the other day hauling rear end away from Jason, thinking I'd cleared him, but nope, he'd hit Stalk. Killed me right as I looked back for him. Can't even complain, that was pretty great

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I don’t play Jason that often but for those that do is Jarvis House the worst map? Just played it as the big guy for the first time and can’t tell if it was so tough because of the map or because there was only 4 counselors.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Jarvis house is the best map for Jason. There's always a boat, there's sometimes only a two-seater to go with the boat. The phone is always in the south, with something like a 50% chance that there's either the boat or the car adjacent to it. Also the map is large with two isolated cabins on the islands. In general, the distance to safety can be huge between camps.

Jarvis house is Jason's playground.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I had heard other people complain about it in the chat. Part of my trouble like I said, is that there was only 4 counselors, so they all seemed to have 15 pocket knives and med sprays.

3/5 was disappointing. Even though I probably only pull Jason once a week at worst I get 6/8,usually I get everyone though.

Mad Jaqk
Jun 2, 2013

King Vidiot posted:

Yeah but to be fair, nobody could've anticipated that stabbing a corpse with a metal pole during a thunderstorm would frankenstein it back to life. Least of all a numbskull like Tommy Jarvis.

On the other hand, Tommy's the kind of guy who'd probably still do something like that even if he knew the risks, just to get closure.

A few weeks back, but according to Jason X, Jason's healing factor extends to magically creating circumstances that will resurrect him. He was atomized on the spaceship (I think), and for no clear reason the the medback malfunctioned and rebuilt him into Uber-Jason.

Also, props to Jason X for getting in on the "Uber-" thing before it was stale.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Mad Jaqk posted:

A few weeks back, but according to Jason X, Jason's healing factor extends to magically creating circumstances that will resurrect him. He was atomized on the spaceship (I think), and for no clear reason the the medback malfunctioned and rebuilt him into Uber-Jason.

Also, props to Jason X for getting in on the "Uber-" thing before it was stale.

Jason X is a treasure of a movie. We need a resurgence of "______ in space" films.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I had a jason kill attempted on me recently, the dudes were pretty good at clowning my laggy rear end...

Problem is they couldn't get my mask off because I'd just stand around blocking waiting for someone to gently caress up.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Yesterday I played with a group that had Jason with his mask off, in front of Tommy, girl with a sweater, and like 3 other counselors.

I was so pumped that I was gonna knock him to his knees and get in on the kill.... then the girl with the sweater just took off and Jason killed us all one by one.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

:wave:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Awww Hi Jason :wave:

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

TheBizzness posted:

I was so pumped that I was gonna knock him to his knees and get in on the kill.... then the girl with the sweater just took off and Jason killed us all one by one.

I've been in more than one game where the girl with the sweater swore over voicechat that the sweater "wasn't working," so it might have been a bug rather than malice

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Polo-Rican posted:

I've been in more than one game where the girl with the sweater swore over voicechat that the sweater "wasn't working," so it might have been a bug rather than malice

Yeah I've been that person multiple times. The only obvious one I've figured out is not to do it while Jason is getting hit by ANYONE or you might trigger your sweater animation but not actually accomplish anything.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I've lost some jason rounds because of desynch making me incapable of axing people. Its something to do with their lovely forcing you to press E to break windows thing

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
You should be able to bet XP on who's going to live and die while you're spectating

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Paladin posted:

Yeah I've been that person multiple times. The only obvious one I've figured out is not to do it while Jason is getting hit by ANYONE or you might trigger your sweater animation but not actually accomplish anything.

I've had once or twice when the sweater absolutely would not work, despite hammering on the sweater key, and I've seen it happen to other people as well. Sometimes it just won't trigger, and it has nothing to do with other people being around.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Coffee And Pie posted:

You should be able to bet XP on who's going to live and die while you're spectating

And if you win, you get to use the XP to open a loot crate.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
Did they ever add custom key bindings to this game?

• Locked thread