Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

The Droner Party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

2020 democratic nominee Mark Zuckerberg you say?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Sapozhnik posted:

What was it that made you change?

time, mostly. talking to people and also looking at the people i was associating with. i just sort of slowly started to realize that the things i believed in were poo poo and i was poo poo too. so i focused on being less lovely and i think i'm making progress

being poor af certainly helped

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Nastier Nate posted:

2020 democratic nominee Mark Zuckerberg you say?

2021 mark zuckerberg takes office and spins the giant wheel on the app that decides what country we're bombing this month, as a more woke and diverse method of growing the military industrial complex's revenue stream

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

obama literally had to do nothing to let the bush tax cuts expire but instead he insisted that "middle-class" taxpayers making $250,000/year should not have to go back to the heinous taxation of the clinton years.

here's a tip: when you hear democrats talking about "tax hikes" instead of "tax restoration" for something like timed-out tax cuts you know they're full of poo poo. They're even doing this now with the gop tax plan, insisting that "tax hikes" will happen down the road when the cuts are timed out. Like, make up your mind, assholes... is trump's plan good (in which case the cuts should be permanent) or bad (in which case don't argue against restoration down the road).

also, one of the first things obama did as part of the "recovery" act was cut payroll taxes for social security & medicare, giving employees a princely $8/week on average (which most people didn't notice bc of health insurance going up) and further decimating the funding for those programs. Then, in the next breath, he called for the catfood commission to slash "entitlement" programs.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Willa Rogers posted:

obama literally had to do nothing to let the bush tax cuts expire but instead he insisted that "middle-class" taxpayers making $250,000/year should not have to go back to the heinous taxation of the clinton years.

here's a tip: when you hear democrats talking about "tax hikes" instead of "tax restoration" for something like timed-out tax cuts you know they're full of poo poo. They're even doing this now with the gop tax plan, insisting that "tax hikes" will happen down the road when the cuts are timed out. Like, make up your mind, assholes... is trump's plan good (in which case the cuts should be permanent) or bad (in which case don't argue against restoration down the road).

also, one of the first things obama did as part of the "recovery" act was cut payroll taxes for social security & medicare, giving employees a princely $8/week on average (which most people didn't notice bc of health insurance going up) and further decimating the funding for those programs. Then, in the next breath, he called for the catfood commission to slash "entitlement" programs.

And yet a ton of people still think Obama was a great, wonderful President because charisma.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Willa Rogers posted:

... they’re temporarily cutting rates while permanently getting rid of deductions, it’s not like in 10 years everything goes back to the way it is today

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

... they’re temporarily cutting rates while permanently getting rid of deductions, it’s not like in 10 years everything goes back to the way it is today

but the coming democratic majority can restore the deductions, too!

Willa Rogers has issued a correction as of 04:12 on Nov 30, 2017

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

dems in majority 2010: what oh what will we do if we let the "bush" tax cuts lapse? :ohdear:

dems in majority 2029: why oh why do they expect us to restore deductions? :ohdear:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
This image is good.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

the dems will never allow the "trump" tax cuts to be restored, lol.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Willa Rogers posted:

look i know what we said about the insane billionaire rapist president BUT it wouldn't be PRAGMATIC to UNDO BIPARTISAN DEFICIT SPENDING REDUCTION if we're truly going to BALANCE THE BUDGET and PROMOTE JOB GROWTH

(but actually it's because we're terrified of the insane deranged timeshare billionaire threatening to cut us off on 24 hour cable news)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

BERNOE

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Willa Rogers posted:

hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The 2020 frontrunner's campaign: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV8_pSrAxgc

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

WampaLord posted:

And yet a ton of people still think Obama was a great, wonderful President because charisma.

obama was able to prevent republicans from winning complete control of the government which makes him the best democrat of the past decade

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

like as bad as obama was at losing every downticket race he still managed to keep the presidency out of the hands of the fascist party which puts him miles ahead of kerry and hillary

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Al! posted:

BERNOE

bernoe!!!!!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

like as bad as obama was at losing every downticket race he still managed to keep the presidency out of the hands of the fascist party which puts him miles ahead of kerry and hillary

This is some damning with faint praise poo poo

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

WampaLord posted:

This is some damning with faint praise poo poo

in the land of the blind the guy with one eye is king :matters:

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
pretty much at the point where organizing alternate structures seems better than trying to beat off at yelling at party officials

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
think all of the great and revolutionary democrat presidents we've had since you were born

- ronnie raygun and george h.w bush do some of the most unimaginably horrible poo poo thought possible in the oval office -
bill clinton: uhhhh *heavy groans as mind comes blank*
- george w bush does war crimes for 8 years -
barack obama: uuurrrmmmmm *internal despair*
- donald trump pledges to destroy the economy in order to kill all the olds and poors -
kamala harris: prison labor.... might be... bad???

gently caress!!! i thought this party was the good guys!!!

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

think all of the great and revolutionary democrat presidents we've had since you were born

- ronnie raygun and george h.w bush do some of the most unimaginably horrible poo poo thought possible in the oval office -
bill clinton: uhhhh *heavy groans as mind comes blank*
- george w bush does war crimes for 8 years -
barack obama: uuurrrmmmmm *internal despair*
- donald trump pledges to destroy the economy in order to kill all the olds and poors -
kamala harris: prison labor.... might be... bad???

gently caress!!! i thought this party was the good guys!!!

bill clinton committed genocide in iraq and the secretary of state said it was a good thing on television

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/HenryKrinkIe/status/936086130914668544

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Terror Sweat posted:

bill clinton committed genocide in iraq and the secretary of state said it was a good thing on television

That being said Bill Clinton committed the least amount of war crimes of any post ww2 president except for Jimmy Carter, who to be fair only had 1 term to do it.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

jimmy carter underwrote the martyrdom of blessed oscar romero

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The Nastier Nate posted:

That being said Bill Clinton committed the least amount of war crimes of any post ww2 president except for Jimmy Carter, who to be fair only had 1 term to do it.

clinton was complicit in allowing the rwandan genocide to occur and then doing nothing to stop it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
wasn't Blackhawk Down under Clinton

dox
Mar 4, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

clinton was complicit in allowing the rwandan genocide to occur and then doing nothing to stop it

don't forget about backing aristide and restoring democracy in haiti and then profiting off haiti years later

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

gradenko_2000 posted:

wasn't Blackhawk Down under Clinton

Yep.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

i had someone tell me that the movie is proof you cant trust muslims

the movie conveniently omits the bit in the book where the us sends a dozen helicopters to massacre a bunch of tribal leaders because they thought the Bad Guy was there (he wasnt)

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

maybe a dumb question but if the dems have the white house and congress in 2021, is there anything stopping them from reversing the gop tax cuts (assuming they pass and dems are willing to reverse them), or even to raise taxes on the wealthy above what they currently are?

They don't want to, also the president has nothing to do with the budget.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

StashAugustine posted:

i had someone tell me that the movie is proof you cant trust muslims

the movie conveniently omits the bit in the book where the us sends a dozen helicopters to massacre a bunch of tribal leaders because they thought the Bad Guy was there (he wasnt)

Black Hawk Down was a zombie movie.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

bhd does have the retroactively hilarious line where someone describes the situation as complicated, not like iraq

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Jesus Christ, Matt Lauer is like a supervillian:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0UYTEXUdmU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Clinton freed Elian tho

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/pookleblinky/status/935897542713278464

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

Like I know the ACA is poo poo but how do you reconcile tryiing to create a universal healthcare system while gutting other parts of the safety net. Patching one hole by creating holes elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Aurubin posted:

Like I know the ACA is poo poo but how do you reconcile tryiing to create a universal healthcare system while gutting other parts of the safety net. Patching one hole by creating holes elsewhere.

it’s easy to reconcile that, when your donors tell you to do it anyway.

• Locked thread