Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Neil Armbong posted:

That was USC.

he still fuckin sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sab0921 posted:

I know he was at USC, but he was an awful HC at USC - why would he be any better at Tennessee?

I think it can be argued that he did ok at USC considering the sanctions after Pete Carroll left...but I'll let someone else make that argument because even saying this much positive about Lane Kiffin makes me feel a little dirty.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs
Anyone that remembers how he parted with Oakland, Tennessee, USC or Alabama will realize he's an over-rated coach and tremendous rear end in a top hat.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
You guys think if we asked really nicely Butch would come back...?

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Has there ever been such an open revolt by the fanbase against an administration before? Or is this a product of our times with twitter, message boards, and shock jock sport announcers?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

nate fisher posted:

Has there ever been such an open revolt by the fanbase against an administration before? Or is this a product of our times with twitter, message boards, and shock jock sport announcers?

I doubt it would have happened the way it has if the program wasn't staring down a full decade of bullshit and mediocrity. It doesn't strike me as a sudden thing as much as boiling over after a couple years of Butch's horse poo poo especially.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Oh, ok
https://twitter.com/BryanDFischer/status/936048794289938432
:psyboom:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

big news: i've been hired to coach the tennessee volunteers, our first act is to destroy the 2016 Outback Bowl Trophy

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

R.D. Mangles posted:

big news: i've been hired to coach the tennessee volunteers, our first act is to destroy the 2016 Outback Bowl Trophy

If you can beat Vandy and UK your first year you got a deal. That is how low my expectations are right now.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

R.D. Mangles posted:

gently caress a wild cat i say

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

Hmmm. What are your thoughts on the Battle at Bristol trophy?

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
Me in August: it's gonna be a down year. Hopefully we can win 8 and get ready to ball next year.

Me now: https://m.imgur.com/gallery/ADMMiDw

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

gently caress a wild cat i say

mods? MODS?

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Seven years ago, I was with a crowd of students at a basketball game chanting Lane Kiffin's name.

That was a Georgia-Tennessee game and we were doing it to mock the Vols.

We also chanted "We're up 20," because, hey, we were up 20.

The world is weird sometimes.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/MockingTheDraft/status/936054121102233601

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i have no clue what to think about coach herm. if we get better then fine and if we don't then edwards and anderson are probably gone

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

hifi posted:

i have no clue what to think about coach herm. if we get better then fine and if we don't then edwards and anderson are probably gone

Sounds like your AD is just hiring his buddies so...yeah everyone's probably gone in a few years.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Remember when Bob Shoop went to Tennessee because it was supposed to be a serious contender, and he could use it as a stepping stone to a HC job in the SEC? That was funny

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Yeah Shoop was a big dumb failure. I can’t think of a single Vols assistant who did a drat thing positively.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I wouldn’t be surprised if this ends with Fulmer taking over for a year or two with Chavis back as DC and someone as OC being groomed to take care once Fulmer steps down (like Tee Martin).

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Yeah Shoop was a big dumb failure. I can’t think of a single Vols assistant who did a drat thing positively.

Robert Gillespie has been quite good as an assistant. I hope he stays on. The biggest issue with the running game is not the running backs, but how beat up our O-line is.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Nov 30, 2017

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Just make John Kelly coach

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

nate fisher posted:

I wouldn’t be surprised if this ends with Fulmer taking over for a year or two with Chavis back as DC and someone as OC being groomed to take care once Fulmer steps down (like Tee Martin).

I’d be surprisingly down with this. Let’s get the band back together.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/newmarketmauler/status/936052527929454592

Jon Reed is gonna write a book called Ten Days That Shook The Smokies chronicling this and make a killing

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
oh god someone is gonna shoot the ad

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

NickRoweFillea posted:

https://twitter.com/newmarketmauler/status/936052527929454592

Jon Reed is gonna write a book called Ten Days That Shook The Smokies chronicling this and make a killing

id pay an extra tenner for an autographed version

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

hifi posted:

Oh you're probably gonna win like 8-9 games next season, give him an extension, then fall off a goddamn cliff.

EDIT: Yeah, looks like they were reasonably young this season? :laffo: you fired Todd Graham and hired Herm Edwards

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005

hifi posted:

If we get better then fine and if we don't then edwards and anderson are probably gone

This is where I'm sitting right now. Wonder if Crow will veto the hire with enough questions about Anderson and Edwards connection.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Will Styles posted:

This is where I'm sitting right now. Wonder if Crow will veto the hire with enough questions about Anderson and Edwards connection.

Why in the everlovin gently caress would ASU consider Herm over like Kevin Sumlin?

It's borderline Knoxvillian incompetence.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/kevinsjuts/status/936061376589717504

Holy poo poo this guy :glomp:

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I don't think Butch attended our game today.

Outlaw Mailman
Jul 1, 2007
Two kinds of crazy
gently caress it, make Riley the basketball coach. Nobody expects wins anyway.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Honestly, the biggest thing everyoe at USC hated him for was calling screen passes on every loving play

Oh, and shittons of penalties. Its crazy how clean USC has been under Helton

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Outlaw Mailman posted:

gently caress it, make Riley the basketball coach. Nobody expects wins anyway.

Tell that to people who are starting to call for Miles' job.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Yeah I can't hate him, he's a real good dude.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/JasonKirkSBN/status/936064028992065536

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

LeeMajors posted:

Why in the everlovin gently caress would ASU consider Herm over like Kevin Sumlin?

It's borderline Knoxvillian incompetence.
If Herm Edwards gets hired I’m done with ASU football until both he and Anderson are gone. Kevin Sumlin would at least be a side grade with the possibility of improving areas like recruiting.

Will Styles posted:

Does Michael Crow even give a poo poo about football? He’ll probably rubber stamp whoever Anderson wants I’d imagine.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

I’m mad they don’t have his helmet on him in the new trailer. Hopefully he wears it later in the film

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Here Edwards would make the Lovie Smith hire look good by comparison. At least Lovie had 1) coached at the college level, 2) been a decent NFL coach, 3) hasn't been out or coaching for nearly a decade.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

is the "perm edwards" guy even here anymore? my brain has been completely poisoned by these forums that i can only recognize him as "perm edwards" even though i have no idea why that is even an insult or (on rare occasions) the herminator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Hold on, I need to register firehermedwards.com, it can't start too soon.

• Locked thread