Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Just got to the ruined chocobo farm in Comrades 🙁

It's the chocobo eater scene in FFX all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
So driving with Ardyn to the disc is a point of no return, right? Anything big I need to do before I go trippin'?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Bogart posted:

So driving with Ardyn to the disc is a point of no return, right? Anything big I need to do before I go trippin'?

Nah you got plenty of time left still.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Nope. All the points of no return are mostly false flags, you'll never miss any sidequests. Only one actually locks you out for a bit when you go to Altissia.

The Ardyn one you're on is just a mission iirc and not a very long one.

e: oh I think the train/ch 13 segment locks you out for a lil bit too but nbd

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Following Ardyn to the disc causes you to lose access to your car for a while fyi.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Electric Phantasm posted:

Following Ardyn to the disc causes you to lose access to your car for a while fyi.

Oh! Right. But not for v long and you can have chocobos.

Maybe hire 'bos ahead of time.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It did revert the drat Regalia back to non-bigwheeler, which sucks real bad. Thanks all.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
Picked up FF15 Over Black Friday. Theres some weird stuff here, and the mechanic girl is fairly ridiculous.

Any starting pointers?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Stumpus posted:

Picked up FF15 Over Black Friday. Theres some weird stuff here, and the mechanic girl is fairly ridiculous.

Any starting pointers?

Yes

Only do hunts if you really need money for something. There isnt really any good rewards besides few exceptions

You can safely skip sidequests that don't offer any items as rewards. They are not worth it. Check the quest rewards from the Quests

Use the dash button in dungeons

Get behind enemies for blindside attacks

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
If you hold dash and release the button precisely as the stamina gage depletes, you will gain a speed boost and refill the stamina meter.

Try to get behind enemies together with a buddy for coop attacks that do insane damage.

You do different attacks by holding different directions. If you hold attack and release during a string, Noctis will jump backwards. Them press attack again for a unique attack. If you're for example are equipped with a giant sword Noctis will do a double sweep attack which is very effective.

You can dodge in midair. If you put a couple points into it and also attack between every dodge you can stay in midair almost indefinitely.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Nov 29, 2017

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

When the parry notification pops up, hold down the dodge button. Don't just tap it before an enemy attack if you want to parry for dat bonus damage. I always see people saying the timing is bad, but there is no timing you just hold that poo poo down.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

esperterra posted:

I love me a tragic ending tbh

:agreed: :smith:

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
The plot will occasionally cut you off from things, but the big ‘point of no return’ gives you a mechanic to go back and hang with your bros to your heart’s content. So does the postgame. When you can choose characters in Chapter 13, go with Noct—the other option was patched in later and skips some important plot points.

The Season Pass is worth it if you like the game, and the multiplayer DLC lets you play single player as well. Each Episode has an obvious point in the narrative after which you can play it, but it may be best to save it for the end anyway. The most important DLC is the free Cup Noodle hat. It’s more than just a soup.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
Thanks for the helpful tips. They got on all of the things I was wondering about at the time.

Follow up: is there any real notable benefit to fishing? Will I find unique items there that are good? With my limited amount of playtime I really only want to do side things that will result in me getting good items.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

They're announcing a bunch of future stuff for FFXV right now, including an Episode: Ardyn and the ability to swap which character you're playing as.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If you really like one of the four voice lines that play during fishing it's a great way to hear them on repeat.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
The fishing music is hilarious and owns but other than that I don't think there are any big rewards for it. Maybe a trophy?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

The fishing music is hilarious and owns but other than that I don't think there are any big rewards for it. Maybe a trophy?

Yes, there is a trophy if you get fishing to 2 and 10. I think it was one of the last things I had to do to get my plat.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
The only reason for fishing is to unlock more fishing gear.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Phantasium posted:

They're announcing a bunch of future stuff for FFXV right now, including an Episode: Ardyn and the ability to swap which character you're playing as.

Once again the leak is proven absolutely right. I still see people saying we don't know what's coming. Unfortunately, aside from the PC release, I think that's the end of FFXV expansion, I don't remember anything else in the leak that hasn't been announced or hasn't already arrived.

Now we can all go back to FFXIV.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
looks like 2019 will be when i can finally play 15

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
The only person I want to play as less than Ardyn is Prompto, and that already happened. Curious how they'll make Ignis differ from basically playing as Noctis with daggers and no warp, though.

Waiting for the random patch that lets you play as your Comrades character (wasn't that a leak?) in the main game so I can finally recreate Terra Branford and have her drive around with four randos, listening to the FFVI soundtrack and stabbing things :allears:

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Wolfsheim posted:

Waiting for the random patch that lets you play as your Comrades character (wasn't that a leak?) in the main game so I can finally recreate Terra Branford and have her drive around with four randos, listening to the FFVI soundtrack and stabbing things :allears:

poo poo now I need that game in my life.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Same but that should prob be obvious

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
The DLC campaigns have been genuinely fun to me so when I replay the game sometime in the future character switching will be pretty neat.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Nov 30, 2017

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I hope once all the DLC is out, they patch in the option to play the DLC as you go along on a fresh save.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

esperterra posted:

I hope once all the DLC is out, they patch in the option to play the DLC as you go along on a fresh save.

It’s all totally separate from the main game though so you can just play it whenever you want

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I know, but it would be cool to have the option pop up without having to kick back to the main menu to play ep Gladio when he fucks off/etc.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Now I kinda want to see FF16 have you make your own OC for the main character.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mega64 posted:

Final Fantasy Forces

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Thats FF11 and 14

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Is there a DLC pack on sale for 15, or is it just better to get the season pass? I haven't picked up any paid DLC yet.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
The season pass comes with all the 'necessary' stuff.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

And you get a huge saving on Comrades, if you're interested in that. Buying it standalone is like five dollars cheaper than getting the season pass.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Personally, I have no interest in the Gladiolus DLC because he's a frat bro meathead with all the depth of a kiddy pool.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Bogart posted:

Personally, I have no interest in the Gladiolus DLC because he's a frat bro meathead with all the depth of a kiddy pool.

The DLC's pretty fun though. And the 'new' boss music is really good.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Is it just Battle on Big Bridge remixed? If not, I'm not interested.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Bogart posted:

It's a remix by the Nier composer.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Bogart posted:

it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
fuckin hell FINE you assholes i'll try it