Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!

n0tqu1tesane posted:

What V6 did they swap in?

84-86 the XJ came factory with an anemic 2.8l GM motor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Ffffffuck got a call back and job offer from Fury Boat Rides but Key West :shepicide:

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

DICK DICER posted:

Ffffffuck got a call back and job offer from Fury Boat Rides but Key West :shepicide:

Be frank with them about the situation, see what they can do. You have literally nothing to lose by doing that.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Veeb0rg posted:

84-86 the XJ came factory with an anemic 2.8l GM motor.

which had all of ten more horsepower than the AMC 2.5/150 at the time (the two would go on to have exactly the same output for the rest of the 80s in other applications once EFI was applied).

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

DICK DICER posted:

Are they offering a wage that can sustain you living in Key West? If not don't bother. Might wanna check rent rates and availability before you accept any jobs there.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
On one hand it's called fury boats, on the other hand it's key west.
A bird in the hand... I wouldn;t gently caress up the current poo poo going on for you. Take them up only if things go sour at the hostel or the other place you mentioned you had a shoe in during peak season.
E: try find a renault 4

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 29, 2017

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Fo3 posted:

On one hand it's called fury boats,

Gonna die all historic, poo poo gon rule

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Nah im staying at the hostel but saved the number in case

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah go with your gut, if you're happy at the Hostel stay there for the winter gently caress it.

To be honest, you'd have a hard time living in Key West unless you're making a relatively good hourly wage, like at least $15hr and even then you'd be scraping by probably and still dealing with rear end in a top hat cops.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

DICK DICER posted:

Find the cop that harassed you and offer to take him on a fun boat ride. :getin:

steady fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Nov 29, 2017

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

steady posted:

Find the cop that harassed you and offer to take him on a fun boat ride. :getin:

The ride back to shore is gonna cost

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Yeah go with your gut, if you're happy at the Hostel stay there for the winter gently caress it.

Meanwhile, in Florida,

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

DICK DICER posted:

Meanwhile, in Florida,

My sweet northern child. You rode into this state on the wings of the yearly cool-weather angel.

Wait for June. You値l pine for these days to return.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
He'll be in maine in june iirc.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Ffffffffffffaaaaaarrrrt

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Meanwhile, in Florida,

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Have you warmed up (heh) to Florida now that you're relatively safe from mosquitoes?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Have you warmed up (heh) to Florida now that you're relatively safe from mosquitoes?

HAS ANYONE INFORMED THE loving MOSQUITOS

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

テ青「テ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク,
テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セ テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク

DICK DICER posted:

Meanwhile, in Florida,

50 in Wisconsin this time of year feels so amazing. People are out in t shirts.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

DICK DICER posted:

HAS ANYONE INFORMED THE loving MOSQUITOS

Are you still sleeping in bushes geez

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
It was 69 over here :smugdog:

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Preoptopus posted:

50 in Wisconsin this time of year feels so amazing. People are out in t shirts.

My wife and I got so much yard work done over the weekend, stuff we had put off til spring. Use it while you got it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Are you still sleeping in bushes geez

Only until the restraining orders get filed god this isnt my first donkey show

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

DICK DICER posted:

Only until the restraining orders get filed god this isnt my first donkey show

it's called inter-species erotica

fucko

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

テ青「テ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク,
テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セ テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク

shortspecialbus posted:

My wife and I got so much yard work done over the weekend, stuff we had put off til spring. Use it while you got it.

Cleaned both my cars out, filled in the holes the loving woodpecker left in the siding, buried the rose bushes, hung up some :effort: Christmas lights and spent Saturday outside tripping all day. Good weekend.||

Yo Dick, you buy a stupid car on impulse yet or what?

Edit: First hit on CL Orlando.
54 willys.
https://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/d/1954-military-willys-jeep/6389019267.html

Or you can be sensible.
https://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/d/gmc-truck-camper/6393444848.html

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Nov 30, 2017

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I put on my winter tires today. It was 65. I think we池e all going to die and I知 going to be sad if said death comes on a warm winter day while I知 driving on my loving blizzacks. There should be snow on the ground drat it.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
just posting to say I thought about the "There are small ships there are big ships but there best ship is friendship" picture again :3:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Didn't the :3: smiley used to blink????

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
NVM it does still just doesn't animate on the awful app without clicking it

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I am probably going to buy my car on the way out of Florida and register in Colorado because it costs a gently caress ton just to get a license plate

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

It's not that bad considering once you get a plate it stays with you for life, and then you just pay a small transfer fee when getting a new car. But yeah if you're not gonna stay here probably not worth it unless you want to drive around for whatever reason.

Only thing that sucks about your plan is you're gonna be stuck with whatever is available for sale at the time you leave.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Depends, how long does he have to register it after purchase?

And if it's kept on private land, does it matter if it isn't? Can he park up what he buys until he leaves?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Dave did you didn't get a FL driver's license did you? because if you did you don't have a choice. If you didn't yet don't get one here.

If you get an out of state license you can get a temp tag for "in transit" purposes until you get to the state you're going to register the car in. I don't know how long it's good for though.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Well, i discovered i run out of vertical clearance for my pedal cranks before i run out of lateral grip from my tires

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So theres that

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
ALL YOU CAN EAT CHINESE FOOD BUFFET

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

DICK DICER posted:

Well, i discovered i run out of vertical clearance for my pedal cranks before i run out of lateral grip from my tires

This is like every bike ever.
How's you're head?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

DICK DICER posted:

I did something similar once on a road bike, combined with clipping the kerb with the pedal. Bent the BB axle.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

nm posted:

This is like every bike ever.
How's you're head?

Dude i managed to unclip and dismount a bike at full lean without even so much as scuffing my pants or ripping the elbow on my long sleeve riding shirt :whatup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Rocksalt
Oct 21, 2004

What痴 the time frame on car buying / moving to CO? My wife and I bought an XJ that didn稚 run, since she wanted to learn wrenching stuff. It runs now (fixing other stuff slowly, it痴 still ugly and clapped out) and we want to get rid of it soonish. If Dick were to get to CO soon (don稚 want it sitting forever), we would cut him a hell of a deal. But it sounds like the plan is to buy in Florida to drive to CO?

• Locked thread