Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

dkj posted:

When I make characters it doesn't allow me to go under 30 in cavalry. The max that's available for slinger is 25.

Change your race to the one that lets you do the thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

30.5 Days posted:

Is this a thread I'm not allowed to post in unless I'm in your guild? Sorry, didn't know.

hi cannibal

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

30.5 Days posted:

Change your race to the one that lets you do the thing

Lol wtf

Also, how do you get to the main island without a ticket?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

dkj posted:

Also, how do you get to the main island without a ticket?

you don't

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Firm believer that muscles conquers all

30.5 Days posted:

Is this a thread I'm not allowed to post in unless I'm in your guild? Sorry, didn't know.

You can post where ever you want, I only said that you should play with us. =)

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
How would you ever not have a ticket, making a second character after only buying the cheapest option package?

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Mulva posted:

How would you ever not have a ticket, making a second character after only buying the cheapest option package?

Yep.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

So the game is really, really intricate. It reminds me of wurm and a tale in the desert. Can't say anything about the combat yet really because I have only been in one fight and the enemy ran. It feels like if you go out roaming and go red you'll get hosed as soon as you die because of the skill loss. Kinda feels like it's too harsh to just be a PK almost but I'm not sure yet. Wish there was more fighting and less afk macroing :/

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Gyaru posted:

So the game is really, really intricate. It reminds me of wurm and a tale in the desert. Can't say anything about the combat yet really because I have only been in one fight and the enemy ran. It feels like if you go out roaming and go red you'll get hosed as soon as you die because of the skill loss. Kinda feels like it's too harsh to just be a PK almost but I'm not sure yet. Wish there was more fighting and less afk macroing :/

IIRC You can only use a training dummy up to 60, then you have to level it by sparring/fighting other players

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
You can only PK if you're on often enough to build your alignment between hunts. Piety helps with this. The reason for this is that if you hit -50 alignment, you might as well throw away your character. You cannot raise alignment, anyone can attack you, and defending yourself is a crime that further reduces your alignment. At around -150 alignment you're losing 100+ skill points per death. That said, at 50 piety, recovering from a kill only takes *checks* over two straight days of play.

OK so the real thing you should do is declare war on anyone you want to fight.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

30.5 Days posted:

You can only PK if you're on often enough to build your alignment between hunts. Piety helps with this. The reason for this is that if you hit -50 alignment, you might as well throw away your character. You cannot raise alignment, anyone can attack you, and defending yourself is a crime that further reduces your alignment. At around -150 alignment you're losing 100+ skill points per death. That said, at 50 piety, recovering from a kill only takes *checks* over two straight days of play.

OK so the real thing you should do is declare war on anyone you want to fight.

Jesus christ. Declaring war it is! I'm ready for sieging anyways :coffeepal:

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Gyaru posted:

I heard that if you were in a guild, that guild can declare war and you can kill 24/7. Just what I heard! I would not know anything about it.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Gyaru posted:

Jesus christ. Declaring war it is! I'm ready for sieging anyways :coffeepal:

Oh hell yeah.

EDIT: The correct use of your alignment is robbing persistent trespassers after killing them bc that still counts as thievery for some reason.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

forge posted:

I heard that if you were in a guild, that guild can declare war and you can kill 24/7. Just what I heard! I would not know anything about it.

Yeah, you can declare war with no delays or anything, then it's open season between guilds. We've vassalized pretty much everyone around us due to our strength, but sooner or later we are going to find some equal powers to fight.

hjp766
Sep 6, 2013
Dinosaur Gum
Struggling to get authed in Discord

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Justin Tyme posted:

Yeah, you can declare war with no delays or anything, then it's open season between guilds. We've vassalized pretty much everyone around us due to our strength, but sooner or later we are going to find some equal powers to fight.

Murder end times in 37 please they're 200 strong, and rude boys

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Sorry I mean 39

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

We fought our first major battle today. I only managed to see the rear end-end of it but I still managed to get a kill. Someone who was there, can you summarized what happened?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Justin Tyme posted:

We fought our first major battle today. I only managed to see the rear end-end of it but I still managed to get a kill. Someone who was there, can you summarized what happened?

Blood Wolves have been attacking our vassal Dreadlords pretty heavily and taking a major toll on them. We knew that if we can't defend our vassals, they don't owe us any loyalty, so we decided to go and do something about it.

Today we sent a raid to scout their base out, about 8 of us engaged and killed 4 or so outside their base and stole a trade cart off claim.

When we were almost home, they rode up with about ~25 people, and we engaged. We were really caught heavily outnumbered and had to fall back to Goondor.

For awhile, with casaulties mounting, we were in deep poo poo, but Dreadlords mustered a surprise counter-attack on their flank and split their group in half, allowing us to rally on our defenses and begin forming back up. Bowman and ranged on the walls kept them suppressed and scattered, and, battered and wounded, the goons gathered at the gate, and together with our allies, outgeared, wounded, and ragged, fought a bloody melee against the enemy.

Amazingly, we broke the enemy in the melee, causing them to scatter and flee back to their castle in the mountains. Undeterred, we gave equipment to our vassals to help them rebuild and re-arm, and tonight we're setting about the work of stockpiling arms and fortifying our position even further. The enemy cut down a ton of our trees off our claim, escalating the war from skirmishing to all out. We will burn them out of their hovels and drive them into the dirt.

We have the equipment, we have the base, what we need are more goons, more spears in the line, and more bows in the walls. This is our first test in this single-shard, full loot PVP game. We can fight and win. The call is out, the horn of goondor sounded! Join! :getin:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Nov 30, 2017

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

How strong were the 25? Uniformly outfitted? How many horses? Good cohesion?

We need more intel.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Justin Tyme posted:

How strong were the 25? Uniformly outfitted? How many horses? Good cohesion?

We need more intel.

3 horses, no war horses, decent t1/t2 gear, poorly organized and pretty stupid honestly, I can tell you more when I talk to you.

Was pretty fun really.

Mr.Fuzzywig
Dec 13, 2006
I play too much Supcom
This all sounds fun as gently caress. Definitely going to buy this when i get home from work tommorow and pester someone with questions until their eae falls off.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
This fight was really amazing. I should have video'd it because like Fallout I took a cavalry charge to the face, but the dude hit my shield and I gave no fucks. Then I go cut down by 5 dudes to swarmed me 10 seconds later. That battle was loving epic, no less.

This is again a game where having bodies is key. We need more Goons. You can have 50 lovely players in an open battle and make up for lovely skill. I would hope we have more players and better players.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Justin Tyme posted:

It was a inside joke with Gary. It's ok you wouldn't have known. I was leading the battle which attacked the blood wolf dudes at their base. Which is somewhat my point. If we want bodies, we can get unlimited PvP. I got cut down and Kim pretty much led the def on the way back while I was moving at 2mph with the cart. So props to Kimsemus.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

forge posted:

It was a inside joke with Gary. It's ok you wouldn't have known. I was leading the battle which attacked the blood wolf dudes at their base. Which is somewhat my point. If we want bodies, we can get unlimited PvP. I got cut down and Kim pretty much led the def on the way back while I was moving at 2mph with the cart. So props to Kimsemus.

Oh right :v:

Now that we have a trade post, I say we mount all the heads we get. Don't burn them though or else they break/disappear, let's get dozens of heads up.

I'm thinking of respeccing to assaulter because weapon reach is everything. I managed to just barely kill one person but the knight sword seems garbage and most of them were assaulter.

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

When you create a character, you want to put combat skills at 30, in the majority of skills (combat) once you hit 30 you can put on the armor of that specific class. So you hit 30 slinger? put on the novice leather armor (hand armor) and have another goon punch you in the forearms for .30 blunt damage and it will level up your slinger also. You can see the skill in which the item will level up if you hover over the equipment.

This works for every combat skill in the game that has armor at 30. Getting to 30 is a pain, but getting to 60+ should be easy.

Also for the knight skill, if you put on the regular chain-mail and equip the knight sword, you can have a friendly goon punch you while you block with the knight-sword, this gives you double (yes double) the amount of skill points, since one you are getting hit in the armor and utilizing your weapon. Throw on power hour and some skill food and it goes up quickly. I think I was hitting around .03 per hit from armor at 55 skill, for a total of .06 per hit. This was with a 5x multiplier and power hour.

Also you can have roughly 3 healers at the same time healing the person being punched. Since every "heal" on a player puts a timed bed rest buff, the bed rest buff will disappear upon being hit by the punch, if they stagger their heals they can level it up quickly also.

Get an autoclicker help a goon out.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Don't buy this game, it's garbage. You can't move between most zones right now and the devs are unresponsive only giving out pre-canned messages, all while charging for characters, coins and claims in a beta stage. What I've seen of combat is ten times worse than Mount and Blade: Warband and after 3 years of developing LIF:YO it's still not even good. So much of this game is about abusing auto-clickers and stuff like that, it's not actual content unfortunately.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Dec 1, 2017

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Equate posted:

When you create a character, you want to put combat skills at 30, in the majority of skills (combat) once you hit 30 you can put on the armor of that specific class. So you hit 30 slinger? put on the novice leather armor (hand armor) and have another goon punch you in the forearms for .30 blunt damage and it will level up your slinger also. You can see the skill in which the item will level up if you hover over the equipment.

This works for every combat skill in the game that has armor at 30. Getting to 30 is a pain, but getting to 60+ should be easy.

Also for the knight skill, if you put on the regular chain-mail and equip the knight sword, you can have a friendly goon punch you while you block with the knight-sword, this gives you double (yes double) the amount of skill points, since one you are getting hit in the armor and utilizing your weapon. Throw on power hour and some skill food and it goes up quickly. I think I was hitting around .03 per hit from armor at 55 skill, for a total of .06 per hit. This was with a 5x multiplier and power hour.

Also you can have roughly 3 healers at the same time healing the person being punched. Since every "heal" on a player puts a timed bed rest buff, the bed rest buff will disappear upon being hit by the punch, if they stagger their heals they can level it up quickly also.

Get an autoclicker help a goon out.

This sounds interesting, will have to check it out. Combat skillgain is loving absurd, they need to fix their game because as it stands to gain skill you don't actually "play" the game, but rather set up a complicated series of autoclickers and scripts then leave the game running overnight.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Game has Piety and a Monk's robe, clearly I will have to play this game as the pampered religious class.

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

I've never once used a macro or a script. I'm enjoying playing as is. I enjoy playing and find it relaxing and then mental when we end up fighting.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

Mulva posted:

Game has Piety and a Monk's robe, clearly I will have to play this game as the pampered religious class.

There's a papal system yet to be implemented.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Simon Numbers posted:

There's a papal system yet to be implemented.

I don't know if I have the ERP skills to pull that off.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Be warned that the piety grind is massively boring and long and only gives two useful skills: The ability to lower the resurrection sickness debuff by 1 hour and a blessing to increase a person's luck by 3.

With that said having another who could give out blessings would be nice as it has a 1 minute cooldown between uses.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Mulva posted:

Unironically, our pope who was online really helped in the last siege, constantly blessing us and removing our rez sickness debuff so we could get back and die again faster.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Don't buy this game, it's garbage. You can't move between most zones right now and the devs are unresponsive only giving out pre-canned messages, all while charging for characters, coins and claims in a beta stage. What I've seen of combat is ten times worse than Mount and Blade: Warband and after 3 years of developing LIF:YO it's still not even good. So much of this game is about abusing auto-clickers and stuff like that, it's not actual content unfortunately.

You're not charged for coins or characters or claims :smugdon:

Goondor is recruiting, just join up with us and have some fun. The combat is fun as gently caress and anyone that's been in a guild fight can attest to that.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Dec 1, 2017

Remit
Nov 9, 2007
I need something to do while I wait on Legends of Aria.

I tried ESO again, but its just so theme parky. As someone who mostly likes to make hats, I think I might like aimlessly flattening earth as well. My only fear is that I am very casual now, and have maybe 6 hours a week to play (mostly all on the weekends).

Is this like Dark and Light or Ark, where those that poop in socks will remove all my progress every week, leading me to once again gather resources for my entire play period? Or is this somewhere in between, where there is a bank or some other mechanic that will allow reasonable retention of progress?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Remit posted:

I need something to do while I wait on Legends of Aria.

I tried ESO again, but its just so theme parky. As someone who mostly likes to make hats, I think I might like aimlessly flattening earth as well. My only fear is that I am very casual now, and have maybe 6 hours a week to play (mostly all on the weekends).

Is this like Dark and Light or Ark, where those that poop in socks will remove all my progress every week, leading me to once again gather resources for my entire play period? Or is this somewhere in between, where there is a bank or some other mechanic that will allow reasonable retention of progress?

There seems to be a lot of auto clicker or scripts to take care of the tedious leveling of skills, which perhaps means leveling should be retooled. If you die, you lose skills and stats at random, unless you buy micro transaction death insurance.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Do I lose anything skipping these starter "quests" and just going to the mainland?

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

Mulva posted:

Do I lose anything skipping these starter "quests" and just going to the mainland?

Nope ! Nothing carries over.

Remit
Nov 9, 2007

VulgarandStupid posted:

There seems to be a lot of auto clicker or scripts to take care of the tedious leveling of skills, which perhaps means leveling should be retooled. If you die, you lose skills and stats at random, unless you buy micro transaction death insurance.

I actually like boring skill based systems that need macrod. I enjoyed gathering and crafting in darkfall a lot. I just want to melt my brain and make hats.

I am more worried about how to protect a house/resources/inventory while offline. I don't mind some set back, but alpha clans on Ark really killed the game for me. They would completely level anything built each and every single week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Your character completely disappears from the game after 30 seconds when you log out. Scripting and automation are fully endorsed by the developers. Houses and stuff are defended by the claims which require special items and circumstances to do sieges and attacks that then give the ability to damage them.

• Locked thread