Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Why are they acting like it's a mystery, there's a sex ghost in a candle and he's loving everything up because his granny booty call died

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

How does causing this weather disturbance help get the candle lit

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Stop

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

The way Picard wags the tricorder at her, the way the candle is carefully placed at the center top of her luggage, her stiff pose, it's all surreal

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Poor Picard, jesus

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
This episode would have been perfect in season one

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

In the meantime, I would like to meet with this... Ronin.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

No

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Whoa their eye colors change, that's why they were all green, I'll admit that's pretty cool

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Picard got hit with some ghost energy, is he gonna have an orgasm

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Time to dig up grandma's body. Because why not at this point

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Power is power

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ugh he's not even a ghost. What a waste

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Was it really necessary to kill the candle, couldn't they just give him a body. I mean like, one made for this purpose

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

THAT's the ending? "Oh well he made my grandma happy. Ship exterior."

What an inexcusable pile of poo poo.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

:neckbeard:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think the last live post I looked forward to this much was best of both worlds

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I almost like the notion of an alien forced to live off a specific family for so long that they've developed falling in love with each one as a coping mechanism. It'd be an interesting story, but we got...that, instead.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

This episode would have been perfect in season one

It's not quite as bad as Code of Honor, just because that had more boring visuals and story. But it's worse than the one with Troi's mom and Alexander's mud bath.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
SON of a BITCH I loving missed Jeb's liveposting of Sub Rosa by less than an hour!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going back now to witness all the tell-it-straight-nesses and :catstare: 's and every other emot he will/did use to hilarious effect.

FCUK!!! :livelongandhatewatch:

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Jesus...

I was trying to keep a list of your quotable reactions, but then after the 3rd or 4th one being not even 15-20 mins in... welp

Almost enough to make me re-watch just for fun, but -- NOPE..... goddamn it's even loving worse now that Jeb's given his two cents.*

*p. cool claim to infamy in these parts if you ask me, Jeb!

Hipster_Doofus fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 30, 2017

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

drat shame there's almost 0 chance he'll ever watch VOY and lower our opinions of Thre^H^H^H^H... hehe, nevermind. :getin:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

If you can believe RDM, women loved that episode.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I mean it plays into the universal female fantasy of having a personal Scottish gently caress candle

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Even most of the women who liked it would probably admit it was bad though. Like men and pro wrestling.

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

If it's any consolation, Jeb, you've hit the last "bad bad" episode of the series. If you're still trimming the boring-looking episodes, everything from here to the end is either good Trek or loving bonkers.

Also, on behalf of the thread, I deeply thank you for subjecting yourself to "Sub Rosa." We need your pain; it makes us who we are.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Truly Jeb! Had experienced bij this day.

one of us

one of us

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Next is "Lower Decks" so the quality whiplash might rip Jeb!'s head right off.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Marshal Radisic posted:

If it's any consolation, Jeb, you've hit the last "bad bad" episode of the series. If you're still trimming the boring-looking episodes, everything from here to the end is either good Trek or loving bonkers.

Yeah I'm watching every episode from here to the end except Bloodlines.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Yeah I'm watching every episode from here to the end except Bloodlines.
To others:

Isn't that the time is their enemy! Worf bit, or am I thinking if a DS9 episode?

Because while ultimately pointless, I liked that one.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

But bloodlines sets up Star Trek 2009!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Well that always seemed like a really realistic rationalization of all the horrible hosed-up trauma Beverly just went through.

It's either that or "huh the candle ghost raped and mindcontrolled my grandmother for years and years, did he force her to give up her dreams and career and friends just like he did me? Would Wesley have been next if my friends hadn't interfered and provoked the ghost into zombifying granny and attacking them?"

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Nov 30, 2017

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Do you think he would have appeared as a hot lady to Wesley, or would he have just used his magic orgasm power to turn Wesley gay.

Or is he only compatible with a female descendant for some reason and so he would have started badgering Bev to get artificially inseminated with a daughter for his later use.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

VitalSigns posted:

Do you think he would have appeared as a hot lady to Wesley, or would he have just used his magic orgasm power to turn Wesley gay.

Or is he only compatible with a female descendant for some reason and so he would have started badgering Bev to get artificially inseminated with a daughter for his later use.

Man stop reading my fanfic

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Power is power

Holy poo poo I forgot the zombie grandma part!

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Marshal Radisic posted:

I just looked at what remaining episodes there are, and yep, sometimes I forget how :catdrugs: season 7 is.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
I just got reminded about this videos existence, and I thought y'all could use a refresher on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHUO6CQvBfo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Jeb! Repetition posted:

The way Picard wags the tricorder at her, the way the candle is carefully placed at the center top of her luggage, her stiff pose, it's all surreal

That's a PADD.

I'm so sorry my brain wouldn't let it go