Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Mike D'antoni is a great coach, James Harden is a basketball genius, an oligarch's ginobli, their role players are doing well with a few exceptions, Ndumba Capela is blossoming, I'm proud of them.

I have no idea what will happen to Harden/Paul in the playoffs, though.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Nov 30, 2017

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I'm really happy that D'Antoni is a good coach again after a couple of bad fits in NY and LA

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Up Circle posted:

Y'all seem to forget that college ball teaches Discipline, Defense, and Teamwork and Dedication.

It's worth remembering that a lot of the non blue chip prospects who've become superstars stayed in college 2-3 years and then added significantly to their games once they were in the NBA. Born long athlete only goes so far.

There's a lot we don't know about "how" people learn basketball skills. Some people can adjust to NBA length and speed right away, some people need to be exposed at a lower level.

different strokes

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dantoni got a winning season out of Kobe and Melo which in hindsight was a big accomplishment.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

They got LeBron as a pf otherwise he'd break the sf graphic, smh https://twitter.com/NBA_Math/status/935535003643105282

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

euphronius posted:

Dantoni got a winning season out of Kobe and Melo which in hindsight was a big accomplishment.

Yeah, in retrospect D'Antoni got a lot of production out of those rosters, fit or no. I think he got kinda lumped into the larger "Coach Retread" thing, but he was always a good coach. Obviously Houston is like the perfect lab/fit for him.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

I just love that the Wizards did that with Silver in attendance. It was horrible to watch though and their coach is a piss boi for it

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
I just saw the Hack-a-Simmons from the Sixers,Wizards game on Sportscenter. I thought they had a new rule in place to stop that poo poo at the end of games.I don't watch as much as you guys, someone enlighten me to the rule changes the last few years.
The main question i have is i thought they changed off the ball fouls within 2 minutes of the end of each half.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

As a Magic fan who knows how horrible they are i feel his pain.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

paternity suitor posted:

I just love that the Wizards did that with Silver in attendance. It was horrible to watch though and their coach is a piss boi for it

But you see, the real problem was Sam Hinkie.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

chilihead posted:

The main question i have is i thought they changed off the ball fouls within 2 minutes of the end of each half.

they did, that's why the wizards stopped after the clock hit two minutes

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Jota posted:

I saw this on r/NBA and I can't stop watching it: https://streamable.com/25w2w

It's beautiful. Also exactly how I would try to describe Utah Jazz fans

oh my god

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Punkin Spunkin posted:

who oh who is that beloved weird-headed boy I spy
https://twitter.com/NBA_Math/status/935182683247747072

One Hundred Forty Eight Million Dollars

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

I can't even process that

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Justin NBA Ready Jackson has been assigned to the D League because Joerger has more success playing SGs Temple and Bogdan at SF than force feeding him minutes

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

AggressivelyStupid posted:

They got LeBron as a pf otherwise he'd break the sf graphic, smh https://twitter.com/NBA_Math/status/935535003643105282

Dang I didn’t realize Tobias was sucking on defense

Also the Pistons are third in the league in 3 point shooting and 11th in TS%

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Nov 30, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The sixers are going to get annihilated by Boston tonight .

It's going to blow.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Cousins is still great
https://streamable.com/cm36k

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Christ it never occurred to me that Lonzo pseudo face guards himself every time he shoots
https://streamable.com/khr3l

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

euphronius posted:

It's going to blow.

Why do you think this? Was considering betting on the 6ers

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Embiid's not playing for starters.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Embiid isn't playing and Big Brad will scheme heavily against Simmons, but I think the Sixers have more of a chance than euphronius does because I'm a Negative Nancy

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

euphronius posted:

It's going to blow.

Yeeeeeeeah

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cool Buff Man posted:

Embiid isn't playing and Big Brad will scheme heavily against Simmons, but I think the Sixers have more of a chance than euphronius does because I'm a Negative Nancy

Also sixers playing B2B and Covington and Redick have been ice cold.

Also Tj is out.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

euphronius posted:

Also sixers playing B2B and Covington and Redick have been ice cold.

Also Tj is out.

As a Boston area Sixers fan, last night's game was extremely disheartening as I'm actually going to tonight's game. With Embiid and TJ out, my expectations are cautiously low, so hopefully i'll be pleasantly surprised.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

He's even become a calming influence on AD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fKQb4HIfqo

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

I love NBA twitter, it's just nonstop laughs.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I see that after last night the Raptors have the best point differential in the East making them, yet again, the best team in the East.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

euphronius posted:

His one winning season with Kobe was one of D'Antoni's worst, and one of the worst coaching job ever which featured 19 post attempts a game from Dwight Howard and him taking 80% of the season to figure out Pau Gasol was good and trying to bolt an offense onto a team that had no business trying to play it. Kobe having a really great second half of the season, actively running plays from the past with Pau, Dwight being iced out of the offense and finally playing defense, and Nash's last gasp are the only reason that team made the playoffs or was above 500.

And this is just in general a really silly post. Kobe won a lot of basketball games. He's literally one of the most successful basketball players in history.

If you want to give him credit for winning around 30 games with the roster the Lakers had the next year without Kobe, then that's fine. That was probably a roster that should've won less than 20 games.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

One Hundred Forty Eight Million Dollars

Wiggins?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Of course

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I feel like people should be talking about Donovan Mitchell more but oops he's in Utah

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

edit: nm

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rick I was making a joke .

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Maxing Wiggins is... okay, I guess. He's improving on defense this year and he's always been an offensive threat. He lit up the pels last night after they sorta quit when AD got himself booted. I don't pay too close attention to cap space etc because that math ties my noggin in a pretzel but I'm not sure who else we would have spent that money on.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Doltos posted:

I feel like people should be talking about Donovan Mitchell more but oops he's in Utah

he's kinda getting lost in the shuffle of the last few seasons of really, really, really good young players

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

scuz posted:

Maxing Wiggins is... okay, I guess. He's improving on defense this year and he's always been an offensive threat. He lit up the pels last night after they sorta quit when AD got himself booted. I don't pay too close attention to cap space etc because that math ties my noggin in a pretzel but I'm not sure who else we would have spent that money on.

It's the Mini-max that have gone to way worse guys than Wiggins. The number just looks big because the salary cap is so huge now.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

scuz posted:

We'd only have like 10-ish million under the cap I think if we didn't sign him, so I don't know. But he's putting up similar numbers to Crawford and I haven't really seen any improvements on defense, just the same flashes he's always shown before going back to his old habits. I just don't like the "well what else are we going to spend it on" excuse for a contract that takes ~20% of the cap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The fact that he signed up for 5 more years of this and it's the best team he'll have, sinking in.

• Locked thread