Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Hugh Freeze would be a pretty pants on head crazy move too.

edit kick it up a notch, Miles HC, Freeze OC, Schiano DC

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Nov 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I am sorry but if VT was going to hire Doeran with that record, Crotch Bat wouldn’t be singing any praises to him. It’s an awful hire, and he is going to get his rear end rocked yearly by Saban, Smart, and now Mullen. He will not last beyond 3 years if he takes the job. So many better names you make a run at.

No matter if I’m right or wrong, given the last 2 hires and what happen Sunday, the AD is completely tone deaf. It’s going to get worse.

Edit: I would be shocked if he takes it, and I don’t blame him.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Nov 30, 2017

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
What is Doeren’s best win at NC State? Louisville this year?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Rick posted:

poo poo.

lol you just wasted 5 mins of my life as I sorted that list be each passing metric to get and understand what you were talking about

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
In hindsight, I'm very happy that UGA's coaching search seemed pretty well contained and not a comedy of errors like Tennessee's so far

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
So have any schools shown an interest in Bielema? I hope not, or I want to see him go to some garbage D-II school and get owned down there.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/footballscoop/status/936214827504164864

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
dave doeren seems like a really underwhelming hire who goes 7-5/8-4 every year and never sniffs beating a much better georgia/florida and gets blasted by Alabama and whatever SEC West team is taking it's turn at being the other good sec west school before being fired off into the sun after four years and we do this all over again

nate fisher posted:

I am sorry but if VT was going to hire Doeran with that record, Crotch Bat wouldn’t be singing any praises to him. It’s an awful hire, and he is going to get his rear end rocked yearly by Saban, Smart, and now Mullen. He will not last beyond 3 years if he takes the job. So many better names you make a run at.

No matter if I’m right or wrong, given the last 2 hires and what happen Sunday, the AD is completely tone deaf. It’s going to get worse.

Edit: I would be shocked if he takes it, and I don’t blame him.

reminder, currie ran off frank martin to hire bruce loving webber

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/willmcbride_/status/936099672002842624

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

They should just hire Al Golden

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i might as well root for the owls and kiffy at this point

hoot hoot motherfucker

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Tennessee should just re-hire Butch Jones and try again next year.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/joshnewberg247/status/936221409336061954

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
why would you leave FSU for loving Texas A&M

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

vikingstrike posted:

In hindsight, I'm very happy that UGA's coaching search seemed pretty well contained and not a comedy of errors like Tennessee's so far

Greg McGarity: Clearly wants Kirby, throws a bunch of money at Kirby, hires Kirby
Georgia Fanbase: CLUELESS IDIOT WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING
Kirby: Wins SEC East in year 2, has team a win away from the playoffs
Georgia Fanbase: YEAH BUT THE OPTICS ALSO MCGARITY HIRING THAT SEARCH FIRM WAS DUMB

Nah, McGarity still sucks though

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Realchat this may be the best Coaching Carousel of all time

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

I mean I think it's partially just feeling like time to go, but A&M is not a bad job. They have poo poo loads of money, excellent resources and are in as good if not better recruiting area

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

D.N. Nation posted:

co-sign. I'm as happy as anyone that the Kirby hire seems to have worked out, but the whole hiring process was an absurd Potemkin village; meanwhile the ink isn't even dry on this season but good ol' Greg is already jacking up the contribution thresholds to get tickets for next year.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

When you spend years dealing with one stupid and obnoxious fanbase you build up a tolerance and desire something more extreme

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

SourKraut posted:

Hold on, I need to register firehermedwards.com, it can't start too soon.

If I was a dick I'd register this and redirect it to Arizona athletics.

http://firehermedwards.com

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Henchman of Santa posted:

When you spend years dealing with one stupid and obnoxious fanbase you build up a tolerance and desire something more extreme

does that make Tennessee the final boss of CFB coaching

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I want Kiffin to act like he wants the job and then fly to Knoxville for a press conference to announce there's no way in hell he'd coach Tennessee again.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

:laffo: TAMU about to get Reverse Franchi-own-eed.

vyst posted:

Realchat this may be the best Coaching Carousel of all time

Agreed. Goddamn. My head is spinning with the loving drama.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

HannibalBarca posted:

does that make Tennessee the final boss of CFB coaching

Of life, actually

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hahahahaha bless you

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

:hfive:

It’s actually funnier this way. Now we can crowdsource a billboard right next to Tempe Marketplace with just the link shown.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Can a big school please hire Bob Stitt as OC since he's out of a job now? I'd like to see what he can do at a big school with great athletes.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

in like any other carousel from the last 15 years, Herm goddamn Edwards going back to coaching college would have been easily one of the biggest stories out there. This year it's a footnote while Knoxville burns in the fires of chaos.

What a time to be alive

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

D.N. Nation posted:

Greg McGarity: Clearly wants Kirby, throws a bunch of money at Kirby, hires Kirby
Georgia Fanbase: CLUELESS IDIOT WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING
Kirby: Wins SEC East in year 2, has team a win away from the playoffs
Georgia Fanbase: YEAH BUT THE OPTICS ALSO MCGARITY HIRING THAT SEARCH FIRM WAS DUMB

Yeah McGarity sucks. Almost all of his other hires have been bad. Hopefully this year is indicative of Kirby’s future.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Mahoning posted:

Can a big school please hire Bob Stitt as OC since he's out of a job now? I'd like to see what he can do at a big school with great athletes.

I'm in

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Komet posted:

They should just hire Al Golden

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

lol just realized this redirects to Arizona not ASU.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Glad to see Jimbo gone! As long as they don't hire Taggart I'm down. If FSU doesn't get Taggart is anyone decent left on the table? I love that Jimbo waited so long.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
OH yeah Bobby Hauck is back at Montana

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

an adult beverage posted:

Glad to see Jimbo gone! As long as they don't hire Taggart I'm down. If FSU doesn't get Taggart is anyone decent left on the table? I love that Jimbo waited so long.

They could try to jump in on Frost and get in a bidding war with Nebraska if Jimbo is actually gone I guess. But again, waiting to see a press conference before actually believing any of this.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

DJExile posted:

in like any other carousel from the last 15 years, Herm goddamn Edwards going back to coaching college would have been easily one of the biggest stories out there. This year it's a footnote while Knoxville burns in the fires of chaos.

What a time to be alive

2017 largely has sucked loving monkey balls, but this is good

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Manny Diaz?

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

reminder, currie ran off frank martin to hire bruce loving webber
This is something that should never be forgotten.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/footballscoop/status/936244964765454336

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Taggart would be a really great hire (I put him on par w/ Mullen after Kelly and Frost were off the table).

I hope he stays at Oregon just for mass chaos.

I'm not sure who they'd go after. Coordinator? Pruitt? Kelly?

• Locked thread