Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

U-DO Burger posted:

well I guess the joke's on me for having plenty of tree sap and missing goddamn mechagodzilla

dont worry he shows up later in his super form and types out long winded posts about movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
Is Mechazilla really that rare? I turned in the sap right away and still found him out of chance like half the time I went through the forest zone (I encountered it like 3-4 times).

Maybe that's why I had such trouble finding other rare units, that drat dinofucker sucked up all my RNG luck! :argh:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
ME, GRIMLOCK, AM KING OF FOREST!

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
I distinctly remember asking myself just what the twins might want desert roses for when doing that quest. And figuring out the most likely answer was making booze. What was it that one of them liked in the original Nier? Something with a worm in it?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

I distinctly remember asking myself just what the twins might want desert roses for when doing that quest. And figuring out the most likely answer was making booze. What was it that one of them liked in the original Nier? Something with a worm in it?

That was Cranny Awfulslur from Limbo of the Lost, and that's mezcal but the game called it tequila, also no one drinks mezcal unless they have paint inside them and they want to strip the paint so it's not inside them anymore

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Or they're trying to forget they experienced Limbo of the Lost.

Jusis
Feb 15, 2016

U-DO Burger posted:

well I guess the joke's on me for having plenty of tree sap and missing goddamn mechagodzilla
On one hand it was a minor pain to find it again for the enemy data when I wanted to try to complete the quest at the very least.

On the other hand, I was mildly amused by Devola getting poo poo faced drunk in record time.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Jusis posted:

On one hand it was a minor pain to find it again for the enemy data when I wanted to try to complete the quest at the very least.

On the other hand, I was mildly amused by Devola getting poo poo faced drunk in record time.

Getting drunk seems like the smartest response for being in a Yoko Taro game.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Yoko makes the games and he's perpetually shitfaced, what does that tell you? :v:

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

The Dark Id posted:

Our generosity helping a couple of down on their luck androids has caused one of them to fall off the wagon and sink back into alcoholism. Drakenier!

Drakenier? More like... Drunkenier :) Eh? Eh?

I'll show myself out.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Calaveron posted:

That was Cranny Awfulslur from Limbo of the Lost, and that's mezcal but the game called it tequila, also no one drinks mezcal unless they have paint inside them and they want to strip the paint so it's not inside them anymore

The best part was it wasn't even actual booze, you just stuck an earthworm in a bottle of sewage water and called it tequila. [/adventuregamelogic]

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
I mean, I found the Monster Type on my first 9S trip through the Forest Zone on Route C, on my way to Meat Box, and had been wondering why The Dark Id hadn't mentioned the super-cool dinosaur bot that I thought now appeared normally in the area since it's Route C. Guess I just got really lucky.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i never saw dinosaur bot

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
I was surprised the Godzilla machine laser was fairly slow. Granted, I haven't seen many Godzilla movies and the last one I did see was years ago.

Curious now how much the resistance androids know about the true state of humanity, if they're mad at the twins for the whole accidentally wiping out humanity thing. I didn't think they were that old. Maybe I'm just forgetting what how much of the "official" statement on the state of humanity included being aware of Nier's events.

The Dark Id posted:

Oh, it’s not bother! We’re happy to help

Specifically, that one that is a huge pain in the rear end quest the previous update

an extra percentage of that increasingly scare Unit Data

Despite that, we’re now done 97% of sidequests in NieR: Automata.

That’s in Route C we’re capable of doing.

Second one is either weird phrasing or you want "from the previous update"
Fourth is either "we've now done" or "now done with"
Last one also feels like it's missing words, possibly "the ones in Route C" or "that's all the ones in Route C"

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
All that and 9S still has two Temples Recovery Units to go through.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I don't blame some of the forest machines for going bestial. There are still beasts around to copy, after all. And it might be interesting!

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

If I remember correctly, the primary ingredient for the booze you were asked to get was rat tails or something like that, and in that case it was Popola drinking it instead of Devola because some villager wanted to hear them sing a duet but Popola needs at least a slight buzz to get her in a singin' mood.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Calaveron posted:

Dude, you don't LIKE Gusano Rojo

What you like is that you're holding something the police will wrestle you for

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Had no idea Godzilla was a rare spawn. It was always there for me until I'd killed it once and then it never showed up again.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bufuman posted:

If I remember correctly, the primary ingredient for the booze you were asked to get was rat tails or something like that, and in that case it was Popola drinking it instead of Devola because some villager wanted to hear them sing a duet but Popola needs at least a slight buzz to get her in a singin' mood.

I was honestly hoping there'd be another duet as a quest reward.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I refuse to believe 9S drinks anything stronger than strawberry daiquiris :colbert:

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I can't believe he drinks.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
Hey, he had a good thing going with a beautiful woman who actually put up with most of his crap, and then she got ganked. I'm surprised it took him THIS long to start getting blitzed after that.

Probably a good thing A2 didn't know Devola could make tequila out of flowers, otherwise after all the poo poo she went through, she probably would've been dead-drunk when the Type-Es found her, and then she'd be just dead.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

They gave 9S some kind of lovely flower tea and told him it was their special moonshine. He just thinks he's drunk.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I feel like A2 and Jackass would find a way to ferment motor oil if either of them could talk to someone for ten seconds without something blowing up.

Emil would drink milkshakes

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Danaru posted:

I refuse to believe 9S drinks anything stronger than strawberry daiquiris :colbert:
9Smirnoffs

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment
What happens if you drink and take drugs at the same time?

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

you have a real fun night, man

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TCYgOy7Nfs&t=22s

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

The Hangover 4: Nier

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Manic glee --> Fear and despair --> "Well, THAT was certainly something."

Sounds about right.

Yunlihn
Nov 8, 2017

I recordz and I sell weaponz.
Wait... WHAT? How didn't I know about Godzimachine? O:

Now I have the choice to either farm the area on my completed game ooooor wait until I reach that part again on my new file. Guess I'll go for both, because I'm a masochist completionist.

Also DevoPopo are the best old gen androids ♥ They did nothing wrong, NieR was the one to go gently caress it all D:

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Zagglezig posted:

I was surprised the Godzilla machine laser was fairly slow. Granted, I haven't seen many Godzilla movies and the last one I did see was years ago.

That attack's animation is reproducing what Godzilla's beam attack looks like in the latest film. It's a nice easter egg.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Like the only Mexicans who drink mezcal lived through the Revolución

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Poland Spring posted:

you have a real fun night, man

It's also the last night you're likely to have. Don't mix alcohol and drugs.

Cuveball Sliders
Oct 9, 2007

Zagglezig posted:

Curious now how much the resistance androids know about the true state of humanity, if they're mad at the twins for the whole accidentally wiping out humanity thing. I didn't think they were that old. Maybe I'm just forgetting what how much of the "official" statement on the state of humanity included being aware of Nier's events.

Weren't these Devola/Popola models just based on the originals to remind the androids how badly they hosed up? I seem to recall them mentioning that they're the only ones who were made and they basically exist to be pariahs.

I doubt the androids actually know the specifics, just that they hosed up at some point and deserved to be hated for it.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
No, I don't think they've mentioned that

(hint hint)

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

McFetusBurger posted:

Weren't these Devola/Popola models just based on the originals to remind the androids how badly they hosed up? I seem to recall them mentioning that they're the only ones who were made and they basically exist to be pariahs.

I doubt the androids actually know the specifics, just that they hosed up at some point and deserved to be hated for it.

No, they said that when the one Popola/Devola screwed up, the other android models were so pissed off that they immediately scrapped all other existing Popola/Devolas. They decided to keep one pair around as a reminder of the fuckup.

It's implied that the Popola/Devola pair from Nier 1 were in charge of just the small area shown in that game and that there were a large number of Popola/Devola pairs all over the planet, each pair overseeing a small area.

...! fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Dec 1, 2017

RelentlessImp
Mar 15, 2011
...So are the androids pissed at the Devola and Popola model for not stopping the death of all humans and the failure of the Gestalt Project? "caused a major incident" doesn't really seem to suggest that to me, more like they're being blamed for Nier's actions of shutting the entire fuckin' thing down. Is ... does that mean the final ending of Nier getting wiped from the timeline is the actual canon? Everything that was Nier except the consequences of his actions getting wiped from existence so that his actions get assigned to the easiest to blame, ie, Popola and Devola?

...Drakenier! Timestream shenanigans, apocalypses, and shithole worlds that somehow keep getting shittier for everyone involved, even if they were only peripherally involved! I find myself longing for the days of a murder road trip between a murderous mute, a dragon, a pedophile, a cannibal, and a dumbshit kid directly or indirectly responsible for four out of five apocalypses. Holy poo poo is this game depressing. And hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
I don't recall it ever being brought up in Automata, but IIRC it continues from Ending E of Nier. Which was this weird sidestory thing involving the tree-computer bringing Brother Nier back.

• Locked thread