Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Justin_Brett posted:

I guess 2 must just get erased halfway through the episode or something if it mentions 6 over them.

6 matters, 2 doesn’t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I'm just amazed that the robot universe is still in the running, they are actually second place in number of people left. And while it sad 6 is gone, they probably will be back after it over since Vegeta already said he want to use the Super Dragon Balls to revive them if they got wiped.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Robot universe was my sleeper favorite because they went in planning to rules lawyer the gently caress out of the tournament and I respect that despite its obvious failure to actually get results

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Super Mitochondrians and Chris Ayers is doing well (all things considered.) this is a good day for Dragonball :unsmith:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Rirse posted:

I'm just amazed that the robot universe is still in the running, they are actually second place in number of people left. And while it sad 6 is gone, they probably will be back after it over since Vegeta already said he want to use the Super Dragon Balls to revive them if they got wiped.

They've also gone out of there way it seems to have every single character from U3 get at least one scene of them being destroyed by someone. Even Paparoni got kicked in the head by 18 a while back and that's the only thing he's actually done so far. I'm getting mixed messages here.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I feel like they're only kept around to keep characters busy while the important fight of the episode is going on.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I still think this should've been done like a regular tournament, with one-on-one matches. This whole free-for-all thing is just a huge clusterfuck, especially with eighty fighters, and doubly especially since only about twenty of them matter at all. Obviously if it was a one-on-one tournament, fights with fodder vs. fodder would either be done via montage, or the fights would be like, two or three minutes at most.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Having there be more fall guys for other Universes sure would have helped.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The ToP has been cool and good if you're not some weirdo with issues about lady characters. The only real issue has been editting because we've been getting a lot of 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 fights individually won it feels like a semi normal tourney anyway. Needed to interweave fights a bit more.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
U7 has been dominating a *bit* too much, especially as time has gone on. When every so often you see U7 struggle and lose a member, it's good, but with it getting to the point where U7 has more members left than almost any other two universes combined (with U3+U4/11 just barely coming out ahead), it is really starting to drag on.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Yeah, and now the only characters left to fight aside from U11 have either said nothing or not even been on-screen in the case of the bugs. I suppose you could argue Damom has been built up a little with his absence, but somehow I can't see people being near as invested in him as they were Caulifla and Kale, or even Brianne since people wanted her to get beaten.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The ToP has been cool and good if you're not some weirdo with issues about lady characters. The only real issue has been editting because we've been getting a lot of 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 fights individually won it feels like a semi normal tourney anyway. Needed to interweave fights a bit more.

Nah, The ToP has dragged a bunch, especially near the start where U7 just straight up chumped on everyone with multiple episodes dedicated to showcasing the B-tier members getting fights that were ultimately pointless. In a lot of ways the ToP suffers the exact same problems as the Zamasu arc - lots of neat moments/episodes undercut by the simple issue that the plot spent way too much time spinning its wheels before plodding on the conclusion. I liked it better there though because every second Goku Black (and to a lesser extent Zamasu) was on screen was a treat.

Also as of next episode literally the only opponents left who have any characterization whatsoever are the U11 dudes.

Also Caulifla is great, Kale is boring, Kefla is great (because her personality is 90% Caulifla), and I have no idea what the writers were thinking with Ribrianne's ratio of screentime to 'actually doing anything'.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Nov 30, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Waiting to see someone mad that Super Saiyan Bardock isn't the Legendary Super Saiyan

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Blockhouse posted:

Waiting to see someone mad that Super Saiyan Bardock isn't the Legendary Super Saiyan

Can we ban them from the thread if that happens

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Bardock traveled through time to become the first Super Saiyan God.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

LSSJ Bardock is real and my friend

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
This Saiyan God guy doesn't have Solid State Scouter, so he loses anyway

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blockhouse posted:

Can't wait for episode 2 of Bardock where we find out that 'Yamoshi' was actually a pseudonym used by Bardock.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Blockhouse posted:

Nah, Bardock, the First Super Saiyan has kids, and his eventual new descendant will become the First Legendary Super Saiyan.

Someone will eventually give birth to Bardock again

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Goten grows up to become his own grandpa.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Hjalmar posted:

Gohan?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Gohan's his great grandpa.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hjalmar posted:

Goten has a lot of work to do to become Piccolo

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Kashuno posted:

Goten has a lot of work to do to become Piccolo

Gohan is not Goten's dad. ew.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Hjalmar posted:

Gohan's his great grandpa.

I'm pretty sure Gohan is his brother.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Nah, the other other Gohan. The short one with beedy eyes, not the one with one arm.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
All I can think is that most Saiyan cells are graded on a scale of A, B, or C. But sometimes you get that good poo poo, that high quality S rank poo poo.

Gildiss posted:

Captain Big Poppa Pump

I don't know how Goku won that fight. He only had a 8.33% chance to win compared to Ginyu's 141.66%.

HitTheTargets fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Nov 30, 2017

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

HitTheTargets posted:

All I can think is that most Saiyan cells are graded on a scale of A, B, or C. But sometimes you get that good poo poo, that high quality S rank poo poo.
So are Saiyan genetics just a gacha game now?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Goku has two biological sons, Gohan and Goten, and later adopts Uub. Goku's dad is Bardock and his adoptive grandfather is Gohan. Gohan was adopted by Piccolo. Piccolo's dad is Piccolo and also Kami, but then later Kami and Piccolo are the same person who is now own dad, so Piccolo is both Gohan's dad and his grandpa. Gohan has one daughter in Pan and in another timeline he adopts Trunks, whose biological dad is Vegeta. Piccolo and is Mr. Satan's Uncle/Brother-In-Law twice removed.

This isn't hard, folks.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Sorry Goten’s grandpa is Piccolo. Gohan already got him as the dad

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Show your work

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Gohan already got him as the dad

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Just like how Pan gets him as the nanny but not the grandpa

Although I guess he did fuse twice so he could be more than 1 Saiyan per role

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So do you even need to be a Saiyan anymore to go Super? Can you just inject S-Cells into someone with a high enough power level and they could go super whatever they are? Are Saiyans basically just person sized Mitochondria?

Is Bardock essentially the first Saiyan and sire of his own race?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

what I want to know is what explanation is toriyama gonna come up with for super saiyan next. they've been getting progressively more insane each time. where does he go from midichlorians?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
You can only be a Super Saiyan if you are a reincarnation of one of several legendary ones.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

does that mean that goku is the reincarnation of the bardock that went to the past

would that also mean that goku also goes to the past and dies and goten is his reincarnation

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There's no such thing as ki or the supernatural - only cutting-edge technology.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Manatee Cannon posted:

does that mean that goku is the reincarnation of the bardock that went to the past

would that also mean that goku also goes to the past and dies and goten is his reincarnation

"Which one is Goten again? *laughs*"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Bulma's fun with science:

1) Splice some S-Cells into a really good human fighter.
2) Splice some S-Cells into a really good namekian fighter. Or Dende.
3) Splice some S-Cells into an Android. If it can learn SS3, maybe it can do something with the form.
4) See if S-Cell + Kai = anything useful.