Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
A couple weeks ago, two dudes were having an absolute fit about me (as Junkrat) placing in the top 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I almost solely play Roadhog in Deathmatch, yeah I'm that guy.

(It's because he's the only hero I can consistently do well on)

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
People still haven't learned that they should probably just avoid the pig. I still get Cree's roll/flash/fth at me and then get annoyed when I just hook/shoot/heal

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

Cephas posted:

the worst thing in this game right now is zarya, symmetra, and moira's beam attacks having a weird abstract range that you can't actually determine from first person. idk, maybe if they had the option to toggle a range around them like lucio's aura it could help, at least until you internalize them. Moira's range in particular feels really counterintuitive.

Zarya's beam is the worst for this. If I'm playing her it's very short, if the enemy plays her it reaches halfway across the map and is wide as hell too.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
That's more or less why I use her Grenades for combat more than the beam I only really use the beam when I have alot of Energy stocked.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Go into the practice range and use it on a bot.

Please do this for tracking as well as max range. When people see me track they think i'm amazing, in reality i just turned my sense way down and sometimes I think I need an even bigger mousemat.

Your max range, you just need to get a visual on how max range looks and you'll get used to it very quickly.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I still think there should be an obvious visceral feedback when you are hitting a someone at max range like a shower of sparks and an arc welder sound. I know there is a little bit of feed back now, but it's not enough when I'm trying to pay attention to the broader field.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I actually prefer the way it is now, the ticking is enough for me and i'd rather it be subtle so i can listen to the rest of the battle.

I operate 90% of my plays on sound these days. Lets me respond to flankers/etc before they're in our face.

E: The other 10% is 5% visual and 5% "oh poo poo i accidentally pressed Q lets go"

dogstile fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Nov 30, 2017

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

It must be really annoying for you when moira has her weird mindfuck noises on you. I can't concentrate with either of her beams on me.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Kanfy posted:

I use him occasionally. And a lot in the TDM modes

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

headcase posted:

It must be really annoying for you when moira has her weird mindfuck noises on you. I can't concentrate with either of her beams on me.

It's a bit jarring, but I imagine its going to be like the Orisa pull, it'll bother me for another week or so then i'll stop getting distracted by it.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Kanfy posted:

Same but Junkrat

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
I only play Winston in deathmatches. It sounds retarded but since you eat everyone who can't aim and/or plays a squishy, you win a lot. My last deathmatch was like, genjis symmetras a mccree and two reapers and I won handily.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Thoughtless posted:

I only play Winston in deathmatches. It sounds retarded but since you eat everyone who can't aim and/or plays a squishy, you win a lot. My last deathmatch was like, genjis symmetras a mccree and two reapers and I won handily.

Winston is great for Dorado and King's Row. On King's Row I usually have better things to do but he's my go-to for Dorado because gently caress that map.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
Did they just change the FFA to Chateau only this week?
I'm kinda wishing they would do a Total Mayhem FFA mode on the Arcade screen. I might have to experiment with making that in a custom server.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Nullsmack posted:

Did they just change the FFA to Chateau only this week?
I'm kinda wishing they would do a Total Mayhem FFA mode on the Arcade screen. I might have to experiment with making that in a custom server.

Yeah. Also I noticed Capture the Flag keeps appearing in daily rotation which is great as I miss that mode.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Winston is pretty great on a lot of payload maps and when your opponent's team comp is a lot of ranged plinkers

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I had a Widowmaker on my team yesterday complaining about the enemy Widowmaker and asking someone to switch to Winston and take her out.

Well that's my Winston story

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

If mei goes into ice block while in the air and the block lands on a junkrat trap, she gets trapped.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
you should be able to crush people with mei iceblock

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Case in point, if mei lands on you as an iceblock and you are a junkrat, you can put a trap at your feet, the shuffle out of the way and trap her.

That's what I just did.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Skypie posted:

I had a Widowmaker on my team yesterday complaining about the enemy Widowmaker and asking someone to switch to Winston and take her out.

Well that's my Winston story

Sounds about right, the Winstons I play with can't even get close to Widows these days because every Widow is some ex-counter-strike player with 98% accuracy. She's the fourth most common class in the game right now: https://masteroverwatch.com/heroes

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

IronicDongz posted:

you should be able to crush people with mei iceblock

and wall

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

resistentialism posted:

If mei goes into ice block while in the air and the block lands on a junkrat trap, she gets trapped.

Yeah but she can bust herself (and allies!) out of a trap with Ice Wall

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Instead of crumbling, cancelling Ice Wall now causes it to fall forward. Any enemies caught take 100 damage.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

when you look at the ceiling with ice wall selected, the wall becomes stalactites that you can shoot down

put it on a wall and it becomes a stairway

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Manatee Cannon posted:

when you look at the ceiling with ice wall selected, the wall becomes stalactites that you can shoot down

put it on a wall and it becomes a stairway

This is actually a good idea TBH.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Ice wall also lets you bank shot Mei's icicles.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Can we please change Mei's wall placement from direct LOS to an arc? Draw the line from her gun to the point on the ground as well, considering you can't shoot when placing the wall in the first place.

Nothing is worse than getting hosed because placement struggles with even the slightest amount of elevation.

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

Thor-Stryker posted:

Sounds about right, the Winstons I play with can't even get close to Widows these days because every Widow is some ex-counter-strike player with 98% accuracy. She's the fourth most common class in the game right now: https://masteroverwatch.com/heroes

Widow has always been top 5 or so in QP. She's much closer to the bottom of the barrel in comp, so, if you're sick of getting dunked on by Widows with flexible matchmaking, go play comp.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Ways you can tell you've pissed off a lobby as Winston in ffa: When half the lobby swaps to characters that stomp on Winston. How to counteract this: pick Reinhardt and smash them with a hammer. :black101:

Also learned Reinhardt can catch Genji as he's attempting to dash through you. Easily killed about five Genji's with my charge as they desperately tried to swift strike through me.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I still think Mei should be able to spray the ground to make it icy, which makes her move faster. I mean her potg has her literally doing this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWWgMpFUvb0

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Thor-Stryker posted:

Can we please change Mei's wall placement from direct LOS to an arc? Draw the line from her gun to the point on the ground as well, considering you can't shoot when placing the wall in the first place.

Nothing is worse than getting hosed because placement struggles with even the slightest amount of elevation.

This is the worst idea I've ever seen, why in the world would you want to have to look up to place your wall farther away instead of just pointing?

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Let's go ahead and make d.va pellets projectiles, and also you have to account for wind speed when firing over long distances with widowmaker and hanzo

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Actually ok with that, because D.va's pellets are only fired point blank anyway.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Rirse posted:

I still think Mei should be able to spray the ground to make it icy, which makes her move faster. I mean her potg has her literally doing this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWWgMpFUvb0

And as a downside to the speedboost, when she stops skating, there is an (amount of ammo spent skating)% chance she'll slip and fall on her rear end for 3 seconds.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Dec 1, 2017

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

mcbexx posted:

And as a downside to the speedbost, when she stops skating, there is an (amount of ammo spent skating)% chance she'll slip and fall on her rear end for 3 seconds.

instead of a chance of slip she has momentum forced movement and has to keep moving for another second in that same direction

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Make Mei's wall vector targeted IMO.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Similarly, Reaper's tele is a pain in the rear end. They can do better than that. It should at the very least prioritize the highest ground in LOS.

No, I don't want to go into a staight line at ground level in front of their bastion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

headcase posted:

Similarly, Reaper's tele is a pain in the rear end. They can do better than that. It should at the very least prioritize the highest ground in LOS.

No, I don't want to go into a staight line at ground level in front of their bastion.

Maybe it could work more like targeting Meteor Strike, you get a moment to fine tune the endpoint, orientate yourself and so on?