Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I diidnt care for Bianchi´s death but Maria´s one made me sad for some reason

Brainwrong posted:

Williams became bad when Adrian Newey killed Senna
Yes

Norns posted:

Williams and McLaren are both very bad teams

Unlike Scuderia Ferrari who is the best team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Williams and McLaren are both very bad teams

This but with Stroll

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Williams have the worst driver combo on the grid, and they don't even have Ericsson.

Ericsson made a mockery of Stroll in Abu Dhabi. Let that sink in.

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
So, the off season thread now begins in earnest

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Wirth1000 posted:

:toxx: ban DrGonzo if Ferrari don't win the 2018 WDC AND WCC :toxx:

Don't make his toxx a ban, make it a name change to DoctorGrossjeans.

Wirth1000 posted:

From the article:

Hamilton said that not missing out on other things he wants to do in life was brought in to reality by the recent death of an aunt.

"My auntie died from cancer and on her last day she said, 'I've worked every day with the plan of stopping one day and doing all these different things, and then I ran out of time.' So I'm battling with that in my mind.

"So I do live my life day-by-day and try to live it to the maximum. So that's what I'm fighting with – I want to keep racing but there are these other things I want to do. I want my cake and I want to eat it. I just want to make sure I choose the right time, but I think I will."

Lewis, your job is to fly around the world to exotic locations to get pampered and race fast cars, while you get paid millions of dollars. You're not exactly working the night shift on an assembly line for minimum wage. What, exactly is this keeping you away from?

EDIT: Oh, and also... you're 32 years old. Just for perspective.

#Ithoughtyouwereblessed?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
He might just want to sit on a beach somewhere with his dogs smoking massive amounts of weed while designing gently caress ugly clothes and making terrible music no one will ever hear.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

CratSock posted:

#Ithoughtyouwereblessed?

#MegaMoan

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wow, Aston are apparently actually trying to build an engine for 2021. Hired some engineers to develop a concept and everything.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
2021 regs are good, m8.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CratSock posted:

Don't make his toxx a ban, make it a name change to DoctorGrossjeans.

Lewis, your job is to fly around the world to exotic locations to get pampered and race fast cars, while you get paid millions of dollars. You're not exactly working the night shift on an assembly line for minimum wage. What, exactly is this keeping you away from?

#Ithoughtyouwereblessed?

I think it's a bit different given his job here. He knows his day job has a non-trivial risk of death compared to other jobs, and he by this point has enough money saved up that he could probably live comfortably for a few lifetimes. Will he? Probably not. Maybe once he loses his edge he might, but until then he's chasing Schumi's WDC record.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lewis also answers all of these questions in the article.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Stop pretending people loving read articles man

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Wicka surely by now you're not expecting this thread to react to Lewis in any sort of rational way? It's just not worth it mate

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I am calm.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Their Lewis posted:

My auntie died from cancer and on her last day she said, 'I've worked every day with the plan of stopping one day and doing all these different things, and then I ran out of time.' So I'm battling with that in my mind.

So I do live my life day-by-day and try to live it to the maximum. So that's what I'm fighting with – I want to keep racing but there are these other things I want to do. I want my cake and I want to eat it. I just want to make sure I choose the right time, but I think I will.
That's a really thoughtful and likeable thing for him to say. Not that I like him.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I am always calm and rational gently caress you

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

Wicka surely by now you're not expecting this thread to react to Lewis in any sort of rational way? It's just not worth it mate

A man’s gotta live by a code.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
If anyone wants some good bad posting check the new F1 logo thread in Autosport, which now features multiple people asking why a multi-billion dollar corporation decided not to save money and offer the new F1 logo to "designer student f1 fans" as free spec work.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm a fan of the F1 logo now that I understand that it's a pathway to Wipeout

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

wicka posted:

Wow, Aston are apparently actually trying to build an engine for 2021. Hired some engineers to develop a concept and everything.

Horner has lost.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tsaedje posted:

Wicka surely by now you're not expecting this thread to care about lewis hamilton

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Norns posted:

I'm a fan of the F1 logo now that I understand that it's a pathway to Wipeout

It's only months until they place rockets and flashbangs on the track

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Tripeout. F-Zero X for this gamer.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

wicka posted:

A man’s gotta live by a code.

I live my life a quarter of a mile at a time. For those ten seconds or less... I'm free.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

iospace posted:

I think it's a bit different given his job here. He knows his day job has a non-trivial risk of death compared to other jobs, and he by this point has enough money saved up that he could probably live comfortably for a few lifetimes. Will he? Probably not. Maybe once he loses his edge he might, but until then he's chasing Schumi's WDC record.

Yeah, it could be this. But somehow I think he's not so much concerned about dying than he is missing out on celebrity parties and stuff. I do think he'd love to break Schumacher's WDC record, but I don't think he'll get there. At least I hope.

learnincurve posted:

He might just want to sit on a beach somewhere with his dogs smoking massive amounts of weed while designing gently caress ugly clothes and making terrible music no one will ever hear.

I think this, alternating with my previous "celebrity party" theory and we've nailed it.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Maybe he likes driving F1 cars

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Ferrari did 9/11

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

To be fair I'd sit on a beach and smoke massive amounts of weed with cool dogs

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

To be fair I'd sit on a beach and smoke massive amounts of weed with cool dogs

I know you do one of them, but do you have any dogs?

Plus, wouldn't you be sick of water by this point?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wirth1000 posted:

Ferrari did 9/11

delete this crap

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Ferrari did 9/11

“Nice ride. What’s the retail on one of those?”
“More than you can afford, pal. Boeing.”

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

iospace posted:

I know you do one of them, but do you have any dogs?

Plus, wouldn't you be sick of water by this point?

Nope no animals. We moved way to much prior to buying this house (usually out of country for a year or two at a time) to even bother

And it seems like were probably going to sell this house soooooon so my wife can do more grad and legal school stuff.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

tuo posted:

The thing is: when AUDI motorsport chief yelled "Timo, schieb in raus" (Timo (Scheider), push him off) into the mic, it was what most non-Mercedes fans felt watching the race. The way Mercedes drove to get Wehrlein to champion was disgusting (in this scene, Wehrlein was just given another spot from another Mercedes driver that then started to block Timo Scheider). To the point, that Ex-Mercedes-Motorsport-Chief Norbert Haug - who is a drat cool guy, super defensive when it comes to Mercedes to not come across as a hurt bitch because Wolf threw him out...he's just supercool - even started to question the motives of Mercedes. That DTM season was disgusting imo. The Audi sport chief who instructed Timo Scheider to kick Wehrlein off got a live-long probation from DTM pit-lane (allthough he appeared again this year) and of course was relieved of his position at AUDI DTM Motorsports operation.

I am a loving big BMW fan, but if some other team wins fair and square, it's all good, and I even had tears in my eyes this year applauding Rene Rast for winning the DTM for AUDI in an Audi (and I hate AUDI and Audis), but the way Wehrlein won simply wasn't impressive imo. Mercedes had an awesome car that year, a very good driver with Wehrlein, and then decided it is appropriate to make the seven other Mercedes drivers Wehrlein's bitch after about two or three races (of ten).

gently caress that poo poo!

Wow, who could have predicted this kind of unethical behaviour in a German racing series full of Germans

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Reminder that Nico is younger than Lewis and actually did quit F1 because he couldn't handle the work required.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

gret posted:

Reminder that Nico is younger than Lewis and actually did quit F1 because he couldn't handle the work required.

Uhh he won the WDC dude

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Nico Rosberg is now managing Kubica, which should tell you everything you need to know about what a bad driver Kubica is

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Some of you have legitimate brain damage

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

gret posted:

What?

Nico quit not because of the workload but because the mental strain of fighting for a WDC in the same team (especially against GOAT Lewis Hamilton) destroyed him.

Plus it looks like he's ramping up Team Rosberg for a potential F1 entry in the next few years. They've expanded the team quite a bit, Nico's gotten more involved with the administrative side of things and the team is on the up and up.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

Some of you have legitimate brain damage

Only some?

And yes, I include myself in that category too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

No I'm pretty sure working with a massive piss baby like Lewis even if you weren't fighting for the World Driving Championship would loving suck. Also he won

• Locked thread