Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Komet posted:

I'm flabbergasted by how inept this search is going. loving up on the Schiano hire is one thing, but you'd think after that, they'd be extremely tight lipped about the search. Instead, someone immediately leaked that Doeren was the next candidate, and 24 hours later, Doeren has a raise at NC State. Even loving Penn State was able to quietly and professionally hire a good coach (even if a bit of a mystery at first) after the Sandusky scandal.

I mean, they kind of hosed themselves with the Schiano thing to the point where they basically have to let bigger guys openly turn them down just so their fan base believes they actually went after them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I think it’s in Kelly’s contract that Butch Jones has to succeed him everywhere he goes, so really this would be perfect timing

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Outside of Tennessee's shitshow, what's the craziest thing that's happened this carousel? Herm? It seems like for the most part everyone else has been making fairly solid hires, but with the amount of Rocky Top Nonsense going on it's hard to keep up.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

nate fisher posted:

Please let that happen. Notre Dame searching for a coach after all this craziness clears would be awesome. Who knows Tennessee might still be looking for a coach at that time.

That said please let Sumlin take the job today.

The funny thing about this is that before the season I would have told you Joe Moorhead was going to be the next Notre Dame coach because I figured ND would crater this season and fire Kelly. Moorhead is a better fit at ND, and it will be funny to think ND could have had him if they weren't late to the carousel.

Edit: Also, I much rather favor Moorhead at MSU because he won't be competing against Penn State in any way in recruiting whatsoever.

Komet fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Nov 30, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

GobiasIndustries posted:

Outside of Tennessee's shitshow, what's the craziest thing that's happened this carousel? Herm? It seems like for the most part everyone else has been making fairly solid hires, but with the amount of Rocky Top Nonsense going on it's hard to keep up.

Jimbo leaving, if it's real.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

FWIW sounds like Auburn reporters are still expecting Arkansas to come at Gus with as much money as they can muster and dare him to turn it down; expectation is it ends with Auburn giving him an extension with a raise but more importantly a gently caress-you buyout and assistant money but still, they're saying it's not zero chance he would go under the right circumstances.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lol

https://twitter.com/TheOneBarrelRum/status/936308902412652544

https://twitter.com/MoonPie/status/936253250961059842

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Thermos H Christ posted:

Has anyone ever moved twice on the same coaching carousel? Like signed a contract with a new school only to have that contract bought out and get hired by another school immediately afterward? Because that's the only way I really see this getting year's carousel getting crazier.

It's not "moved twice in the same year", but while Todd Graham was negotiating (and eventually signing) an extension at Rice, he was simultaneously working a deal to move to Tulsa. He signed the Rice extension then bolted for Tulsa less than a week later.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

100% Butch Jones

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

MourningView posted:

That job isn’t open and they have a better coach right now.

I'm very happy with Brohm, I'd be very happy with Sumlin. I just want to sleep at night knowing my coach won't be Darell Hazell or anyone with anything to do with Ohio State (other than tackling Ohio State guys when he played against them).

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Who is this?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

vyst posted:

Who is this?

Bosnian war criminal who poisoned himself in court

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/nicksuss/status/936309886106914816

vyst posted:

Who is this?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/29/europe/slobodan-praljak-hague-sentencing/index.html

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

vyst posted:

Who is this?

Croatian war criminal who drank poison in court after his sentencing. He died an hour later

quote:

“Slobodan Praljak is not a war criminal,” he declared slowly and deliberately in Croatian, just moments after judges upheld Mr. Praljak’s 20-year jail sentence for war crimes and crimes against humanity. “I reject your judgment with contempt.”

In a scene befitting the theater director Mr. Praljak had been before the Bosnian war erupted, he pulled out a small container, raised it to his lips and ostentatiously swallowed the contents. He then said, “I have taken poison.”

Mr. Praljak, a tall, distinguished-looking man with silver hair and a goatee, was taken from the courtroom, and the hearing was suspended. Guards seized the container. The curtains that divide the court from the public gallery were drawn.

Continue reading the main story
RELATED COVERAGE

Mladic Conviction Closes Dark Chapter in Europe, but New Era of Uncertainty Looms NOV. 22, 2017

7 In-Depth Articles About Ratko Mladic NOV. 22, 2017
It was an exceptional moment in a room that has been the scene of ritual courtesy among robed lawyers, of witnesses choking on stories of torture and rape, and of once powerful men hurling insults at judges. But never a staged suicide.

Mr. Praljak, a former general, 72, later died in a Dutch hospital, according to Nenad Golcevski, a tribunal spokesman. “Mr. Praljak drank a liquid while in court, and quickly fell ill,” the court said in a statement.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/29/world/europe/bosnian-war-croatia.html

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

vyst posted:

Who is this?

A Croatian war criminal whose sentence of 20 years was being upheld yesterday when he drank poison to kill himself.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Oh my.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah, it was something straight out of a bond movie

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
The thing that annoys me about Jimbo leaving is it will fuel Aggie delusions of grandeur for decades because they convinced some hillbilly retard to leave an amazing situation to coach at the altar of jizz jars and dog fuckers so he can lose to Saban every year until he's fired.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

No it's not

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Crotch Bat posted:

The thing that annoys me about Jimbo leaving is it will fuel Aggie delusions of grandeur for decades because they convinced some hillbilly retard to leave an amazing situation to coach at the altar of jizz jars and dog fuckers so he can lose to Saban every year until he's fired.

I don't know why you guys keep thinking Nick Saban is both infallible and also going to be around forever.

A&M is, sadly, a pretty good job.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Bud Elliotts twitter feed has been glorious over this.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

it's like you go out of your way to be as angry or snarky as possible. jesus dude

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

I love how FSU and the gators had meltdowns at a time when we have some of the best classes coming out of Florida this year and next year. Just an insane amount of talent that's going to melt through their fingertips and show out at smaller schools.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I don't know why you guys keep thinking Nick Saban is both infallible and also going to be around forever.

i think it might be because he wins the title like every other loving year but I dunno

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I reckon he's got 3 or 4 more years before fate pulls a Fulmer/Spurrier on him and the game catches up with him.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

DJExile posted:

it's like you go out of your way to be as angry or snarky as possible. jesus dude

Also taking a pot shot at someone from WV when you went to VT is pretty loving rich.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Crotch Bat posted:

gat dam

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Also taking a pot shot at someone from WV when you went to VT is pretty loving rich.

It's true. I live close to Scott Stadium, so the last Saturday of November every other year in my neighborhood is like Merry Christmas, shitter's full.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

wandler20 posted:

Bud Elliotts twitter feed has been glorious over this.

Unk probably leaving :(

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Komet posted:

gat dam

It's true. I live close to Scott Stadium, so the last Saturday of November every other year in my neighborhood is like Merry Christmas, shitter's full.

Dan Mullen comes to UVA/VT games??????

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dilber posted:

I love how FSU and the gators had meltdowns at a time when we have some of the best classes coming out of Florida this year and next year. Just an insane amount of talent that's going to melt through their fingertips and show out at smaller schools.

:negative:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/ESPNRittenberg/status/936311725485420544

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Les is going to turn them down with a better offer from his podcast company.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

GobiasIndustries posted:

No one mentioned it so it's worth repeating Arizona State hired Herm Edwards if you haven't been paying attention at all. Who has been out of coaching college ball longer (far longer) than anyone he will recruit has been alive.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

DJExile posted:

I'm 99% sure I can get you guys to defend Penn State. Gimme time.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Nov 30, 2017

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Dilber posted:

Thats a weird fuckin thing to say about Alabama, Clemson, Georgia

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Jesus Christ get Les on the phone you morons. I don’t think we are going to do better at this point.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

I'm 99% sure I can get you guys to defend Penn State. Gimme time.

What the gently caress does that have to do with this?

Like good lord CB.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Les is using them for a bigger offer from Scott's Lawn

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

What the gently caress does that have to do with this?

The fact this forum makes fun of Aggie at any and every turn and now it's magically not a place to make fun of anymore.

Dilber posted:

Les is going to turn them down with a better offer from his podcast company.

Les is so desperate to coach anywhere, he'd take that job in a heartbeat and I bet you could pay him pennies to do it. He does not seem to want to retire yet at all. He's so likable you want to see him succeed, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
The weird thing about that poisoning thing is that if I read correctly, his 20 year sentence started in like 1998, so he only had a little more to go.

• Locked thread