Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Aphrodite posted:

Presumably their Krypton didn't explode, since that's the easiest out.

Yeah but Oliver had kryptonite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Reminder that Barry was fast enough to run to Starling City and back to Central City carrying a 250 pound man near instantly, but still has trouble keeping up with the plot.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This crossover was pretty light on Barry in general, outside the wedding, which I appreciated. Barry loving sucks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

GreenNight posted:

Yeah but Oliver had kryptonite.

Yeah but he could have just had Barry bring him some. Or some bullshit about how Cisco made it.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Presumably their Krypton didn't explode, since that's the easiest out.

Or, their Krypton exploded, but the cousins never made it iff the planet.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Or they went elsewhere.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Atreiden posted:

Really liked the whole crossover. but this is like the third time team flash just lets a villain walk away this season. Have they all forgotten prisons are a thing?

Barry/others have kind of killed Thawne like three times now, and it clearly refuses to stick. If I were Barry, I’d go “gently caress it” too and just let him walk because he’s clearly NEVER going to actually die, so what’s the point in locking him up either. Thawne gonna Thawne.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

Barry/others have kind of killed Thawne like three times now, and it clearly refuses to stick. If I were Barry, I’d go “gently caress it” too and just let him walk because he’s clearly NEVER going to actually die, so what’s the point in locking him up either. Thawne gonna Thawne.

I like how TIME TRAVEL! has become Thawne's new SPEEDFORCE! except, y'know, he also has speed force.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The Lord Bude posted:

Or they went elsewhere.

Or maybe both their pods got knocked off course and they're just going to arrive later (in time to fight Eobard in whatever time it is he comes from).

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I've always been partial to Earth-1 Krypton never blew up and so Kara and Kal never got superpowers. If they do go the Krypton exploded route, I think saying Kara's pod never got knocked off course and she kept herself and baby Kal in hiding all these years is the way to go. That way she'd be older and they could do Karen Starr/Power Girl (or maybe straight up call her Superwoman), and that could be fun, but no Kryptonians (or Batman, for that matter) on Earth-1 feels like the better option to me.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

howe_sam posted:

I've always been partial to Earth-1 Krypton never blew up and so Kara and Kal never got superpowers. If they do go the Krypton exploded route, I think saying Kara's pod never got knocked off course and she kept herself and baby Kal in hiding all these years is the way to go. That way she'd be older and they could do Karen Starr/Power Girl (or maybe straight up call her Superwoman), and that could be fun, but no Kryptonians (or Batman, for that matter) on Earth-1 feels like the better option to me.

At a minimum we know that Earth 1 has a Bruce Wayne because Oliver mentioned him in passing this season; and because future newspaper from season 1 of Flash had an article about Wayne Enterprises merging with Palmertech.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The Lord Bude posted:

At a minimum we know that Earth 1 has a Bruce Wayne because Oliver mentioned him in passing this season; and because future newspaper from season 1 of Flash had an article about Wayne Enterprises merging with Palmertech.
Maybe he's Bruce Wayne who never lost his parents and is just a rich guy living a normal life.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
I like how thawne has become evil dr. who. Can't die, different actors without anyone blinking, explains things without explaining. I would watch a dr. thawne show.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bozart posted:

I like how thawne has become evil dr. who. Can't die, different actors without anyone blinking, explains things without explaining. I would watch a dr. thawne show.
Reverse Flash has been the best part of the show since episode 1.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

howe_sam posted:

Maybe he's Bruce Wayne who never lost his parents and is just a rich guy living a normal life.

Or a friend and financial supporter of Earth-1's Batman. Who would be the best choice for that?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

This crossover was pretty light on Barry in general, outside the wedding, which I appreciated. Barry loving sucks.

They should have given us Drunk Barry for four episodes.

Thawne: "We will lay waste to this earth and purge the weak!"

Barry: "I'M DA FLAAAAAAAAAASH!!!!"

Plus, they missed a huge opportunity to include Ralph Dibny and his lovely costume :colbert:

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Nov 30, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Reverse Flash has been the best part of the show since episode 1.

Which is what drew me so hard to this show. As a massive Flash fan I just loved that they jumped directly into a very deep part of his mythos and never looked back. It never would have worked with any other character but for this version of the Flash it did and it was wonderful.

A shame about season 2 though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

As disappointed as I was in Ralph not getting to make Diggle puke (thankfully that happened anyway) I have zero problems with the fact that he wasn't invited to Barry and Iris' wedding. But Jay should have been.

Until we're given a reason to think otherwise i think it stands to reason that Earth 1's Bruce Wayne, Kal-El, and Kara-El just never became heroes. Since Oliver has krytonite and Cisco/Barry probably wouldn't have helped him do that I'm gonna assume Earth 1 Krypton exploded, but as said Kara and Kal could have just not made it to Earth. Doing Earth 1 Kryptonians feels complicated.

I also kind of assume Oliver Queen and Barry Allen exist on Earth 38 but they're just nobodies or whatever. Oliver died in a shipwreck and Barry died in a lab explosion or something. Although I guess it would be funny for Kara to one day just run across one of them serving coffee.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 30, 2017

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

:flashfact: Kara Zor-El

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
They'll never explain it. It's better to have people wonder about what happened to their two biggest franchises and one moderately popular one than to say "oh yea, two of them died en route to the planet and one is just boring.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Since Oliver has krytonite and Cisco/Barry probably wouldn't have helped him do that I'm gonna assume Earth 1 Krypton exploded, but as said Kara and Kal could have just not made it to Earth. Doing Earth 1 Kryptonians feels complicated.

Yeah when you think about it the simplest but also kind of dark explanation is that Earth 1 Krypton exploded and Kara and Kal either didn't make it off or (best case scenario) were sent somewhere else.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

No Butt Stuff posted:

Reminder that Barry was fast enough to run to Starling City and back to Central City carrying a 250 pound man near instantly, but still has trouble keeping up with the plot.

It's been Star City since Arrow S4 but it's understandable if you forgot, the writers and actors forget often enough too

Also if you can't quiet that part of your brain that tries to reconcile Barry being able to physically abduct a person in another city in seconds, but has been foiled every other episode by smoke bombs or getting knocked on his rear end or whatever while the bad guy huffs it away on foot, this show is a special kind of torture

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I also kind of assume Oliver Queen and Barry Allen exist on Earth 38 but they're just nobodies or whatever. Oliver died in a shipwreck and Barry died in a lab explosion or something. Although I guess it would be funny for Kara to one day just run across one of them serving coffee.

Go back even further. Ollie only had a shipwreck because of Merlyn's machinations. It's probably the case that it never happened at all(or it did and Superman saved him) and Ollie's still a rich and useless idiot. If there's no Reverse Flash on Kara's Earth, then Barry's parents never died and he never became a CSI and STAR Labs hasn't happened yet (I think it still has nine years before their Wells gets it off the ground since Thawne didn't interfere?). Barry probably ends up as a doctor like his dad or something.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Over here, Netflix is only up to date on Arrow and Flash, so this four show cross-over kinda sucks.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

CW app works over there?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Autism Sneaks posted:

It's been Star City since Arrow S4 but it's understandable if you forgot, the writers and actors forget often enough too

Also if you can't quiet that part of your brain that tries to reconcile Barry being able to physically abduct a person in another city in seconds, but has been foiled every other episode by smoke bombs or getting knocked on his rear end or whatever while the bad guy huffs it away on foot, this show is a special kind of torture

Let me make everything better for you.

Barry is dumb. Like, super dumb. His entire brain consists of two levers that say "go fast" and "investigate crime scene" and a big red button that says "kill meta." He has so many near godly ways to apply speedforce and the only two he remembers is "throw lightning" and "run super duper fast." It's why he constantly needs someone in his ear telling him what to do.

The reverse (:haw:) is why Thawne is basically the single biggest threat to the multiverse: not only does he do everything Barry does but he is a legit stone cold genius from the far future. The only one who can out :thunk: him is the thinker, the one person he's shown legitimate respect and admiration for. Everyone else is a slow moving peon. And what drives him insane is that everyone throughout time sees Barry as the winner and he somehow, in some way, keeps spoiling his plan every time they meet.

Barry is dumb. Eobard is not. That is why one is a multiverse level power and the other is Barry Allen.

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 1, 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
welp, looks like CWDC's reign as best CW universe is going to end next year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wId8XY6y_HA

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

:vince:

Jesus CHRIST!

It's basically the ultimate Legends episode that they'll never make for budget/character availability reasons: The Joker and Harley Quinn are trying to take over Feudal Japan with the help of Grodd and a legion of Jokerbots, and it's up to the Bat Family Time Idiots to stop them before history itself becomes one giant joke.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I haven't watched anime since college, but this is giving me all sorts of flashbacks. In a good way.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bruceski posted:

I haven't watched anime since college, but this is giving me all sorts of flashbacks. In a good way.
It doesn't look much like anime, but it's a neat pastiche.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Xelkelvos posted:

Go back even further. Ollie only had a shipwreck because of Merlyn's machinations. It's probably the case that it never happened at all(or it did and Superman saved him) and Ollie's still a rich and useless idiot. If there's no Reverse Flash on Kara's Earth, then Barry's parents never died and he never became a CSI and STAR Labs hasn't happened yet (I think it still has nine years before their Wells gets it off the ground since Thawne didn't interfere?). Barry probably ends up as a doctor like his dad or something.

Well, in the Supergirl S1 ep with the Flash, STAR labs existed, but there was no Wells, Cicso, or Catlin.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Davros1 posted:

Well, in the Supergirl S1 ep with the Flash, STAR labs existed, but there was no Wells, Cicso, or Catlin.

On Earth-38 their planet hadn't exploded.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

FactsAreUseless posted:

We watched different anime then. The 3D rendering style is new but the rest feels very reminiscent of Ninja Scroll/Kenshin/et cetera.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Davros1 posted:

Central City exists on Earth-38 :eng101: It's STAR Labs that doesn't exist there. Barry couldn't find the Earth-38 doppelgangers for Wells, Cisco, and Caitlin because presumably they go by different names or don't have scientific careers/backgrounds on Earth-38 (Wells the Gray, anyone?), but yeah everything else we've seen of the multiverse so far basically confirms that they're out there somewhere on Supergirl's Earth, same with an Earth-38 Barry and Iris.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

It looks very like anime. the Afro Samurai artist did the character designs, and the show runner did Kill la Kill and worked on Gurren Lagann

Also, it's a weird take on the Sengoku Era, which is like, a solid 15% of all anime.

Bruceski posted:

We watched different anime then. The 3D rendering style is new but the rest feels very reminiscent of Ninja Scroll/Kenshin/et cetera.

That kind of CGI is a big thing in anime nowadays, The Blame! movie, ID-0, the latest Berserk anime, etc.

Guy Goodbody fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Dec 2, 2017

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bruceski posted:

Apparently! I guess it was the 3-D rendering that through me off.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Batman sighed as he drew his katana...

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Piell posted:

Batman sighed as he drew his katana...

Lol nice

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
The Flash is an amazing show and I’m positive they have more awesome things in store this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

AlliedBiscuit posted:

The Flash is an amazing show and I’m positive they have more awesome things in store this season.

Thanks, Grant.