Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
I wish they would make any of the ghost mods worth a drat. I just keep my cru ghost equiped so I don't have to remember to swap to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I have five ghosts, a chest revealer for each zone and one crucible ghost

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
I never really had issues everyone is having with ammo accept when I switch from Hawthorne's shotty for bathers to sins of the past for doggos when it just goes to zero ammo.

I just get two awesome guns in power and kinetic and switch between them.

Chest ghost is worthless once you realize you get Jack poo poo after the fifth one. Unless it's Titan because that is just jam packed with chests since the entire world is just made of nooks and crannies to put in chest

I also get the element kills because at least with that I can eventually get purple mods.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Nov 30, 2017

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Spudd posted:

Hello I burned myself out on this game like 2 weeks ago, has anything happened or should I just wait for the expansion?

Come back in a week.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Chest ghosts are good because if you're just dicking around doing public events or lost sectors, it doubles the amount of tokens you get even with the throttling

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

They need to add a planetary resource ghost though because collecting 10 dusklight is the worst challenge in the game

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Control Volume posted:

They need to add a planetary resource ghost though because collecting 10 dusklight is the worst challenge in the game

Reloading the map and checking a few known spots worked better than exploring and as someone who loves exploring in games boooooooo.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Control Volume posted:

They have them, I have a resource ghost for Io but no chest ghost for Io. The 10 dusklight without the ghost was real dumb, but it did kinda highlight just how much of the EDZ you blow past on your sparrow going from public event to public event because there's literally no reason to go exploring, so 90% of the environments go unseen and unused.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

EVIL Gibson posted:

I never really had issues everyone is having with ammo accept when I switch from Hawthorne's shotty for bathers to sins of the past for doggos when it just goes to zero ammo.

I just get two awesome guns in power and kinetic and switch between them.

The beast handlers have a VERY high chance to drop power ammo so as long as you switch before entering the gardens and killing the beasts before you start the encounter it's very, very easy to max out on sins ammo.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Control Volume posted:

They already exist. There's also a mod that gives you a chance at bonus faction tokens on a planet.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Magus42 posted:

They already exist. There's also a mod that gives you a chance at bonus faction tokens on a planet.

Im going to take this moment to complain about rng and gently caress bungie and where the gently caress is my edz resource ghost, rear end holes

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Spudd posted:

Hello I burned myself out on this game like 2 weeks ago, has anything happened or should I just wait for the expansion?

It drops next week; there's no compelling NEED to unless there's something specific to this season you want, like the Ramen or Salt emotes.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Ramen and salt are both mandatory and just LMAO if you don't agree

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Orv posted:

"Alexa, which one of these stupid fuckers still needs to raid this week?"

DaveKap posted:

Thank you for this because I never read any lore text because that's a bullshit delivery system and this is actually a really neat thing to read now. Plus you wrote it better than that loving stiff 90 minute video.

thanks, im glad my drunken ramblings on destiny lore are enjoybale to someone.

Waffle House posted:

The old "Vault of Glass" Grimoire card is also very <thinking emoji>, and is written from Pahanin's perspective as well. It showcases how fucky interacting with the Vex can be.
I thought it was a cute vehicle for delivering clues on the raid mechanics back when Bungie did that through Grimoire.

There was a whole lot of "easter egg" speculation about the Oracles once upon a time, because someone figured out that the Templar's oracles "sing" distinctly in C-Mixolydian:

http://www.ishtar-collective.net/cards/vault-of-glass

This D1 jumpship owned, too:

I wouldn't be surprised if that theme was worked into the general Vex themes from Destiny 1, Marty O'Donnell used to be pretty big on that kind of thing. Most of Halo's music (especially 3) was all tied into that E Pentatonic Scale they used in the opening theme, and a version of said scale was used to unlock the I Would Have Been Your Daddy Skull, too.

also salt is dumb dated meme but I got an Ego And Squid and BOY OH BOY am I happy.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

are they going away completely as in cannot ever be gotten again or is the bright dust store just cycling so you can only get them out of engrams

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Ugh....never going to get enough bright dust for those in time.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Norns posted:

I think the ramen is funny, on par with gallop, but the salt emote is cringy meme stupid poo poo.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
they will not be available from eververse or bright engrams until bungie decides to bring them back next summer (probably)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Legs Benedict posted:

they will not be available from eververse or bright engrams until bungie decides to bring them back next summer (probably)

ah so kind of like overwatch event box sort of deal. since i already have them both i spent my dust on the sunshot skin since it was the most expensive, and i regret it terribly because it's ugly as hell.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Spanish Manlove posted:

I think the ramen is funny, on par with gallop, but the salt emote is cringy meme stupid poo poo.

I like seasoning meat

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Norns posted:

Agreed. I have gotten neither so far, but I'll see if I get anything cool this weekend.

I hope they do an AoT-style "wrapup" at the end of the Destiny 2 arc so we again have a full Eververse catalog.

Hell, for that matter, I wish the expiring seasonal things just got added to a "catalog" somewhere where we could still give Bungie microtransaction dollars for them, even if they were out of the RNG rotation.

I'm sure Bungie's whales out there would gladly pay Silver for the memey Exotic Salt and Ramen for years to come. They're almost missing out on easy money by removing such great stuff from RNG...

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Gallop is god tier

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

The two friends I started playing with last week both got the salt emote.

I'm debating levelling a warlock this weekend for the three bright engrams. (And because I want to have everything leveled) but man I hate the starting hour of the game.

Waffle House posted:

I'm sure Bungie's whales out there would gladly pay Silver for the memey Exotic Salt and Ramen for years to come. They're almost missing out on easy money by removing such great stuff from RNG...

On the other hand, saying something is going away is more likely to get a bunch of people to dump money on silver now to try to get it, rather then hoping they'll RNG one in the longterm from free engrams.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

The two friends I started playing with last week both got the salt emote.

I'm debating levelling a warlock this weekend for the three bright engrams. (And because I want to have everything leveled) but man I hate the starting hour of the game.

I've done it 6 times :suicide:

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

How do I have 3 characters to like 270 PL and not have a different dance from the default one? I feel so basic.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I got Table Flip and Ramen and I am happy.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Norns posted:

I've done it 6 times :suicide:

Are you allowed to have more then 3 characters, or are you deleting and remaking characters just for the free eververse poo poo?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Doubled dipped w/ console.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Doubled dipped w/ console.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

SpookyLizard posted:

thanks, im glad my drunken ramblings on destiny lore are enjoybale to someone.

I wouldn't be surprised if that theme was worked into the general Vex themes from Destiny 1, Marty O'Donnell used to be pretty big on that kind of thing. Most of Halo's music (especially 3) was all tied into that E Pentatonic Scale they used in the opening theme, and a version of said scale was used to unlock the I Would Have Been Your Daddy Skull, too.

also salt is dumb dated meme but I got an Ego And Squid and BOY OH BOY am I happy.

lol that it's called Ego and Squid

I devote way too much personal RAM to Destiny lore. It tickles me in ways that only my favorite scifi authors do. I have tenuous grasp on cryptography and music theory at best, which is a bummer considering the kids of things Bungie historically likes to do in their games, but rest assured you're in good company for lore rambles.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

TheRagamuffin posted:

:yooge: you can pay for them

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

:yooge: you can pay for them

Gamble*

Can't buy bright dust outright.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

TheRagamuffin posted:

It's rather transparently designed to push people towards spending real money for bright engram junk. Best to ignore the whole thing; popular emotes get overused to the point where nobody really notices them.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

The only thing I'd consider mandatory from the eververse store the 160 speed sparrows cuz there's no other loving way to acquire them

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Norns posted:

The only thing I'd consider mandatory from the eververse store the 160 speed sparrows cuz there's no other loving way to acquire them

People will tell you that faster summon cooldown sparrows are more important, but I guess you can roll both on the 160spd exotic sparrows soooo

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Norns posted:

The only thing I'd consider mandatory from the eververse store the 160 speed instant summon sparrows cuz there's no other loving way to acquire them

e;fb but I traded a 160 shorter cd for a 150 instant summon and have never regretted it for a moment.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i wrapped up the story campaign with my 3rd guy just at the beginning of this week and i'm glad that's over and done with

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I have both but yeah it's still dumb

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
EV sparrows own for the engine effects. Instant summon isn't THAT great, but it's all down to preference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Skoll posted:

Gamble*

Can't buy bright dust outright.

Yes, you can. Dismantling whatever crap you don't want makes Dust.

• Locked thread