Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

SubponticatePoster posted:

Is your kid's teacher a Mormon? Because they do that poo poo here a lot, except then they also have 8 kids. The gigantic-expanding-brain.jpg ones give them all similar middle names too, so you have 8 kids with the same loving initials.
She's Catholic, so no easy excuse/explanation for the naming scheme, although she may very well be going for a whole baseball team of kids. Otherwise, she's just a general dumbfuck who names kids about as well as she teaches them.

I feel bad for her husband Patrick, though it's not the first time a little P ruined something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Ak Gara posted:

Bitcoins sounds like one of those things that only have value unless you try to actually cash it in for real money then it instantly drops in value causing other people to cash out then next thing you know people are jumping out of office windows.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Can't jump out of a basement window

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pirate Radar posted:

The other problem with naming a kid Titan is that they can never have a nickname. What are you going to call them for short? Tit? Tite?

From a bit ago, but if he became best friends with a kid named Blake they could call themselves Blake and Tan.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
It’s been done, kinda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ccq_soHCqY

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

KM Scorchio posted:

I would totally name my kid Titan then be massively ashamed of him when he grows up to be a short skinny nerd just like his old man.

My oldest stepbrother was a state-champion wrestler, and named his firstborn son Tank. I swear he chose his wife to breed the most tank-like Tank possible. My stepbrother is now the school districts wrestling coach, Tank has a mohawk and is a size and a half larger than any other 8th grader.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Pirate Radar posted:

The other problem with naming a kid Titan is that they can never have a nickname. What are you going to call them for short? Tit? Tite?
Did "Tie" really not occur to you?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
or just "t"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

T-bone

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
AE

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

sneakyfrog posted:

or just "t"

Better include the "mister" if you don't want a poundin, sucka.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Tiggum posted:

Did "Tie" really not occur to you?

Only if you want any food they make or even eat to be Tie food

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Naming my kid Thaitan thanks to this thread.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Mithter Thernovich?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Hail Gay Satan

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
gently caress, now I need another kid that I can name Hailgay Satan

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

I'm currently using a Torch fork of his char-rnn to train a neural network on almost 400 megabytes of comments from Freepers.

A very good paper by the same guy: http://karpathy.github.io/2015/05/21/rnn-effectiveness/

Edit: I forgot arguably the greatest achievement in the history of neural networks: http://aiweirdness.com/post/161854386267/neural-networks-can-name-guinea-pigs

When I die, let it be with the names "Popchop and Fuzzable" on my lips.

Veni Vidi Ameche! has a new favorite as of 04:12 on Dec 1, 2017

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

gently caress, now I need another kid that I can name Hailgay Satan

I think you mean Haylghey Seytunn

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Alter Ego posted:

Ok, I don't understand. Earlier today we were mourning the fact that this looked inevitable.
I have read all the posts and Tweets and I don't get what's happened. Is it just the GOP stepping on their own dicks again?

Blitz7x posted:

The trolls are arguing over how to cook Bilbo and the sun rises in 14 working hours

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
e: wrong thread

chernobyl kinsman has a new favorite as of 06:45 on Dec 1, 2017

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer

George posted:

rms used to crash on couches, gently caress scenesters, and drop his used condoms on the floor under the couch

big scary monsters posted:

shocked to find out that free software's greatest champion uses copy protection

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I'm currently using a Torch fork of his char-rnn to train a neural network on almost 400 megabytes of comments from Freepers.

A very good paper by the same guy: http://karpathy.github.io/2015/05/21/rnn-effectiveness/

Edit: I forgot arguably the greatest achievement in the history of neural networks: http://aiweirdness.com/post/161854386267/neural-networks-can-name-guinea-pigs

When I die, let it be with the names "Popchop and Fuzzable" on my lips.

For anyone interested in this stuff, we have a thread in yospos for Markov bots and neural network stuff.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3764241

My own entries were pretty lame, but someone else in the thread (Crusader) made WYR_bot, which is the entire reason Twitter exists afaic.

https://twitter.com/WYR_bot

Just a few of WYR_bot's most recent tweets:

https://twitter.com/WYR_bot/status/936491054722945024

https://twitter.com/WYR_bot/status/936445749927301122

https://twitter.com/WYR_bot/status/936400445106475008

Trig Discipline has a new favorite as of 08:16 on Dec 1, 2017

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Oh, that last one. The question has finally been asked and today we are all Fisher Kings.

e: I’m guessing the character limit for usernames is way too short, so I’m going to have to file away “emotionally fingering marionettes” for some other purpose.

burial has a new favorite as of 09:46 on Dec 1, 2017

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Maybe your shoegaze band?

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Does it have to be a shoegaze band?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Pirate Radar posted:

You don't shorten Titan. Titan shortens you.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

lemon-lyme disease posted:

Oh, that last one. The question has finally been asked and today we are all Fisher Kings.

And if you emotionally finger marionettes, one day you will pay the Fisher Price.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot
https://twitter.com/WYR_bot/status/936219220844711937

be in a band, or work in IT

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Titan is just asking for smartasses to nickname them Titania.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Jedit posted:

And if you emotionally finger marionettes, one day you will pay the Fisher Price.

This is wonderful.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Trig Discipline posted:

oh the wife and i ordered some "shake fries" from a steak house in okinawa because we were like "they're making a big deal out of these shake fries and they're kinda expensive, gotta see what that's all about"

turns out it's just regular fries with some spice stuff on them but what happens is they have a "shake girl" who has big* boobs and a low-cut top, and she comes over to your table with a paper bag full of fresh fries, dumps the spice on them, and then leans over your table and goes "SHAKE-A SHAKE-A SHAKE! SHAKE-A SHAKE-A SHAKE!" really loud for like five goddamn minutes while she bounces up and down with your fries and the whole restaurant turns to see who the perverts are

*for japan

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
Speaking of bad names like Titan, I know a woman with a kid named Teancum (pronounced Teen cum). Last name? Young.

Teancum Young. She's thinking of getting married to the father too, which would make the kid's name Teancum Young-Neibors

Yes.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

du -hast posted:

Speaking of bad names like Titan, I know a woman with a kid named Teancum (pronounced Teen cum). Last name? Young.

Teancum Young. She's thinking of getting married to the father too, which would make the kid's name Teancum Young-Neibors

Yes.

She wouldn't happen to be American would she?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

trapped mouse posted:

1 or fewer, so there might not be any. It's to prevent unique identification, I think. The Danish equivalent used to say "2 or fewer" and they know with 100% certainty since we're all in a big old database.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

trapped mouse posted:

He sure would be, yes. Note sure if I wanna dox him further since he's like 8 months old. But yep, you probably found him.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

du -hast posted:

He sure would be, yes. Note sure if I wanna dox him further since he's like 8 months old. But yep, you probably found him.

*bursts into the thread all out of breath* GUYS GUYS I FINALLY FOUND THE TEEN CUM

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

(it was behind the jar of salsa I'm never going to finish but can't bring myself to throw away)

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Pastry of the Year posted:

*bursts into the thread all out of breath* GUYS GUYS I FINALLY FOUND THE TEEN CUM

Well if they leave it laying around like that...

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Powaqoatse posted:

1 or fewer, so there might not be any. It's to prevent unique identification, I think. The Danish equivalent used to say "2 or fewer" and they know with 100% certainty since we're all in a big old database.

Does Denmark have something similar to your bros over in Iceland where you’re all cousins anyway? Naturally not quite on the same scale since you’re a few times bigger than them?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Pirate Radar posted:

Does Denmark have something similar to your bros over in Iceland where you’re all cousins anyway? Naturally not quite on the same scale since you’re a few times bigger than them?

Not really. My brother to school with a 3rd cousin once removed, and my other brother went to school with a 4th cousin, but we only knew this because that part of the family was close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Pirate Radar posted:

The reason Iceland needs that is because its an island far away from everything, while Denmark sits pretty close to one of the more densely populated parts of the planet, and has been receiving immigrants from most of Europe since the vikings. Iceland meanwhile hasn't seen any real migration since that time.