Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

crimea posted:

I hope one of the Revolutionary Republics conquer us

Not as unlikely as one might think (I'm a few years ahead)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

See I loving told y'all that destroying ourselves would eventually turn us revolutionary, it just needed a few decades to work its way around.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Crazycryodude posted:

See I loving told y'all that destroying ourselves would eventually turn us revolutionary, it just needed a few decades to work its way around.

* Entire peninsula gets annexed by revolutionary Morocco*

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Ikasuhito posted:

Still counts. :colbert:

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Ikasuhito posted:

Then we get to revolt again. Revolutions all the way down.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Hashim posted:

Not as unlikely as one might think (I'm a few years ahead)

Ibn Cyrah will always be the father of Andalusi republicanism though

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Ikasuhito posted:

Only to restore the September Monarchy, which is again overthrown in the revolutions of 1838 :france:

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

You can keep your decadent Noble orgy, I'm the motherfucking madhi, answering to none but the Greatest.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Neither truly a republic nor truly Andalusia.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
I'm betting on revolutionary Celtics because they aren't doing very hot at the moment.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I'm going to be very interested in seeing how this all turns out.

From way over here.

In Morocco.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

it'd be amazing if the revolution turned pan-european

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Don't worry, I'm gonna be trying by darndest to keep the Majlis in power as we try and reunite Al Andalus, and there's also the question of Grand Viziers maybe trying to establish dynasties later on down the line. You guys chose the train, now I'm just trying to see where it takes us. We have Morocco in the south, heavily antagonistic and determined to carve out its own piece of Iberia (best case scenario of this route ends with us entering vicky in their sphere). Then the Mahdi in the north, already stronger than us and desperate to enforce Sharia law all across the peninsula (we'll likely enter vicky in exile or as a tiny theocratic state here). And then we've got revolutionary powers brimming in from Central and western Europe, bent on spreading their radical ideals at any costs necessary (we'll probably enter vicky as a sister republic to one of the major revolutionary republics here).

Or, you know, constant decades of war may just end up with vicky starting with a shattered Europe :monocle:

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
At least Sunni Islam will return to Iberia?

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Instead of Vicky 2 we'll be playing a countrysim about the Andalusi Independence Movement inside the Republic of Morocco.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
What's the deal with those Bavarian rulers? Like the Goši dynasty as a result of marriage politics is understandable, but the revolution is lead by Grim Torgeir. That's just not very South German. Did the country get norsified at some point?

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

frankenfreak posted:

What's the deal with those Bavarian rulers? Like the Goši dynasty as a result of marriage politics is understandable, but the revolution is lead by Grim Torgeir. That's just not very South German. Did the country get norsified at some point?

Yeah, the HRE invaded and conquered Norway at some point in CK2, holding it for a good few years (maybe centuries) and electing a Norwegian-German duke to become emperor (the Goši dynasty, who held Bavaria since then, up until now). Norway broke away sometime in CK2 again though, with a different dynasty leading it.

Just think of Torgeir as some very minor noble descended from the Norwegians, a la the Bonapartes and Italians.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Dec 1, 2017

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Vinny Possum posted:

You can keep your decadent Noble orgy, I'm the motherfucking madhi, answering to none but the Greatest.

Congratulations on selling out eastern Granada to the Almoravids, btw! Proud Andalusians, am I right?

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Luhood posted:

Congratulations on selling out eastern Granada to the Almoravids, btw! Proud Andalusians, am I right?

Selling out? We were willing to help the Taifas overthrow the Mad Hunchback, in return for a say in the government but you decided you didn't need God or the Ulema. Turns out the people of al-Andulas thought differently, and we learned the error in trusting in worldly powers to bring back righteousness.

Repent, Yawm al-Qiyamah is at hand. There is no God but God and Mohammed (PBUH) is His Prophet. This Ibn-Cyrah and his corrupt, godless republicanism is nothing but the Masih ad-Dajjal. The whole world will see the light of The Highest, and mock and jeer at the fools who rejected him.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Vinny Possum posted:

we learned the error in trusting in worldly powers to bring back righteousness.

which is why you allied with the much more worldly and more powerful Moroccans

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Can't believe I killed my gimmick for this.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Rodyle posted:

which is why you allied with the much more worldly and more powerful Moroccans

They never flirted with Shi'ite heresies. :colbert:

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

AJ_Impy posted:

They never flirted with Shi'ite heresies. :colbert:

Let's be clear we did a lot more than flirt.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Morrow posted:

Let's be clear we did a lot more than flirt.

Absolutely. Had the disgraceful Jizrunids stayed faithful, Al-Andalus would still exist and might still have the influence the Moroccans currently enjoy.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

So what you're saying is that this isn't what the Majlis has been working towards all along? :confused:

On a serious note, I haven't been able to fit this into any updates yet, but Benin has just finished colonising the Philippines and Taiwan!

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
We will take over Morocco from inside

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Hashim posted:

So what you're saying is that this isn't what the Majlis has been working towards all along? :confused:

:barf:

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Hashim posted:

I hope this becomes canon.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

AJ_Impy posted:

Absolutely. Had the disgraceful Jizrunids stayed faithful the Majlis not voted to burn down the country like a pack of braying donkeys, Al-Andalus would still exist and might still have the influence the Moroccans currently enjoy.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Hashim posted:

I did :circlefap:

Well... not really, but we have to feel good about something :saddowns:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
:shepicide:

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Hashim posted:

Uhhhh. Mmm. Crap. I'll admit it. This went way worse than I thought it would.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Morocco: A Paradox Mega-LP

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Laughing so hard from over here in Ibriz.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

WilliamAnderson posted:

Laughing so hard from over here in Ibriz.

You have to find something to laugh about while being sentenced by the revolutionary tribunal

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Snipee posted:

Uhhhh. Mmm. Crap. I'll admit it. This went way worse than I thought it would.

(I think that's a joke)

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Wasn't Morocco one of our biggest allies in CK2? Why did we immediately start picking fights with them the second EU4 rolled around, again?

I still can't believe we finally united Iberia and then we just... tossed it.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

catlord posted:

Wasn't Morocco one of our biggest allies in CK2? Why did we immediately start picking fights with them the second EU4 rolled around, again?

There was a very vocal group of people who decided we absolutely Had to fight them in order to snatch their colonies and cut them down to size. This was dumb and they should rightfully feel bad for it.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Ikasuhito posted:

There was a very vocal group of people who decided we absolutely Had to fight them in order to snatch their colonies and cut them down to size. This was dumb and they should rightfully feel bad for it.

B U T T H E C O L O N Y G A P !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Ikasuhito posted:

If I remember correctly, they inexplicably rivaled us before we made any antagonistic moves against them.