Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Any advice for the Liquid Flame Cloud USB Demonsblood strat?

I have literally the exact same setup and order of operations as that on YouTube video but every single run 1 or more people die.

I have everyone except Cloud in the back row with the highest DEF gear they can wear and fire resist accessories.

Are these kinds of runs purely RNG? This is getting really irritating and I don't think I have any other way to beat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Any advice for the Liquid Flame Cloud USB Demonsblood strat?

I have literally the exact same setup and order of operations as that on YouTube video but every single run 1 or more people die.

I have everyone except Cloud in the back row with the highest DEF gear they can wear and fire resist accessories.

Are these kinds of runs purely RNG? This is getting really irritating and I don't think I have any other way to beat it.

No fire resist, instant KO resist. I think.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

As it was pointed out to me when I snagged Aria's BSB with BarFire, Liquid Flame actually doesn't really throw much fire at you at all. All of like one of his attacks is actually fire elemental so Instant KO Resist is vastly more valuable.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

What the heck happened to my damage mitigation? Protectga/Shellga + Magic/Power breakdown drop a difficulty 140 boss's damage from 3k to 2.8k and I die before I can get them below 80% or so. Does this have something to do with skill animations changing?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Elephant Ambush posted:

You can still challenge yourself by doing any fight with a full synergy team. The rewards for CMs aren't usually spectacular anyway.

They added up and were a cool achievement.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Yeah I don't care about magicite missions (aside from the mythril, but I'm sure we will be getting more of that through other means) but the other CMs were pretty cool. I'm guessing things are ramping up into the new dungeon crawler mode thing, though, and that could potentially be way more interesting. It sounds like a lot of those fights are basically built like CMs anyway.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

YoshiOfYellow posted:

As it was pointed out to me when I snagged Aria's BSB with BarFire, Liquid Flame actually doesn't really throw much fire at you at all. All of like one of his attacks is actually fire elemental so Instant KO Resist is vastly more valuable.

Got it. Thanks. It's really weird to just ignore wall and healing.

I might also switch my magicite to to fire blink one too.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

The Moon Monster posted:

What the heck happened to my damage mitigation? Protectga/Shellga + Magic/Power breakdown drop a difficulty 140 boss's damage from 3k to 2.8k and I die before I can get them below 80% or so. Does this have something to do with skill animations changing?

Two things to check:
  • Was the damage fixed in some manner? (Piercing attacks, %MaxHP attacks, flat damage numbers). These will stop Proshellga from being as effective as they should be. (They also get in the way of Wall, for the same reason.)
  • Are your base defenses up to snuff? Are you using 5* (or synergy combined ++) armor, are you putting squishy characters in the back row, are you sure you're stacking breaks? Stat debuffs aren't as good as they once were, and you at the very least need two levels of break (P/M Breakdown, Full Break, other SB assistance, Mug Bloodlust, etc) to really add up to a noticable difference. For that matter, you might be trying to defend against a physical attack with Shellga/Magic Breakdown or vice versa.

Nothing has changed with damage mitigation, and the skill animations didn't break anything. At this point, you can really only go through the battle equivalent of "check if the computer's plugged in".

Elephant Ambush posted:

Got it. Thanks. It's really weird to just ignore wall and healing.

I might also switch my magicite to to fire blink one too.

Using Bismarck (the fire barrier you mentioned) isn't a bad option for Liquid Flame at all. All of his attacks are either plain physical (Ray) or gravity (Blaze) save for Savage Firaga (only used at low health in the tornado form, is piercing) and the single-target Firas used as a counter in the hand form. Bismarck will eat a few of those, saving you the need to be too worried about things like defense or healing. It's still a nice safety net, but Liquid Flame is by far the easiest magicite to just go full-offense on.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Nov 30, 2017

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

KataraniSword posted:

Using Bismarck (the fire barrier you mentioned) isn't a bad option for Liquid Flame at all. All of his attacks are either plain physical (Ray) or gravity (Blaze) save for Savage Firaga (only used at low health in the tornado form, is piercing) and the single-target Firas used as a counter in the hand form. Bismarck will eat a few of those, saving you the need to be too worried about things like defense or healing. It's still a nice safety net, but Liquid Flame is by far the easiest magicite to just go full-offense on.

Apparently for me it's not. I've been resetting this fight for an hour and the best I've been able to do is get him down to around 5-10% hp before getting Savage Fired to death. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I'm just going all in on offense and calling Bismarck ASAP. I always get Cloud or Tyro murdered somewhere in the middle due to bad RNG.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
For whatever reason converting hero souls to eggs takes a lot longer than converting memory crystals

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

KataraniSword posted:

Two things to check:
  • Was the damage fixed in some manner? (Piercing attacks, %MaxHP attacks, flat damage numbers). These will stop Proshellga from being as effective as they should be. (They also get in the way of Wall, for the same reason.)
  • Are your base defenses up to snuff? Are you using 5* (or synergy combined ++) armor, are you putting squishy characters in the back row, are you sure you're stacking breaks? Stat debuffs aren't as good as they once were, and you at the very least need two levels of break (P/M Breakdown, Full Break, other SB assistance, Mug Bloodlust, etc) to really add up to a noticable difference. For that matter, you might be trying to defend against a physical attack with Shellga/Magic Breakdown or vice versa.

Nothing has changed with damage mitigation, and the skill animations didn't break anything. At this point, you can really only go through the battle equivalent of "check if the computer's plugged in".

Thanks for the advice, I ended up trying again on the fights that were giving me trouble and did just fine :shrug:. I feel like it must have been a protect/shell mismatch but I could have sworn I used Hyper Mighty G for at least one of them.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I have so much Agrias things. Everything but her OSB/LMR I think

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
this banner looks good but gently caress if I'm swamped in loving holy swords already

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
First pull was poo poo

but...

Ramza starter kit :swoon:

Griz
May 21, 2001

Agrias/Meliadoul BSB first pull
then 2x dupe genji gloves second pull

goddammit

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
2/11 - Ramza USB, Agrias LMR.

I'm actually really happy with this, because Ramza USB was the only item I really wanted on here that wasn't on Orlandeau 1, so I'll just wait to pull for Marche later.

And Montblanc, I also like Orlandeau 2 better then FFTA 2.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
3x11

Marche USB
Marche BSB
Marche LMR

Ramza BSB2

Meliadoul BSB

Agrias LMR

Guess I'll keep playing for a bit. Still can't do any goddamn magicites though :(

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
spent all 300 mythril and didn't get ramza BSB or LM. :negative:

I came for Agrias items, though, and I got them in spades

Roll 1 - Agrias LM, Marche BSB
Roll 2 - 2x Agrias LM, 1x Marche LM
Roll 3 - Marche USB, Agrias USB
Roll 4 - Meliadoul BSB, Agrias LM
Roll 5 - Marche USB, Marche Super, Ramza Super
Roll 6 - Agrias BSB (dupe, should have quit while I was ahead)

i'm drowning in knight bracers but I can think of worse items to have over upgraded to hell

really bummed out i didn't get that bsb2. :(

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Dec 1, 2017

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I pulled on my last 50 mythril

2/11
Marche bsb
Ramza USB!

At this point I decide I am weak and whale a pull because Ramza

3/11
Ramza BSB2
Ramza LMR
Meliadoul BSB

I am very extremely happy.

Mithross fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Dec 1, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

did 3 draws too

2x genji gloves (both dupes)
1x marche super (new)
1x meliadoul burst (new)
1x jade armlet (don't know who this belongs to) ((new))
1x agrias usb (new)
1x marche burst (new)
1x marche usb (new)

considering i drew 3 times on the thing the fact that i ended up with that few dupes is a miracle, but i did kind of want ramza's bsb2...

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
5/22
Marche SSB, Ramza SSB, Ramza BSB2, Marche USB x2

I wanted Agrias LMR. :(

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
if you have shout you can safely not care about the bsb2 that much

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Snazzy Frocks posted:

if you have shout you can safely not care about the bsb2 that much

yeah... i guess...

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Kinda salty I don't have jack poo poo for Agrias to take advantage of her LMR, but aayyyyy Marche USB and Ramza BSB2, I'm out

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
On second thought, I should be less pissy about no Agrias LMR, since Marche USB would likely let the World's Worst Idea be viable vs Dark Dragon.

WoL, CSB
Agrias, BSB
Ramza, BSB2
Ceodore, USB/BSB
Marche, USB.

Very tempted to dive Ceodore now to make the healing part of his BSB able to keep up.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
When is our next shot at 4* vit motes? Annoyingly enough they are the only thing stopping me from diving Ramza

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

me: i am pulling on this banner instead of waiting because i want ramza stuff
banner: bitch u thought

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Did a dollar draw and two 11s, pretty happy with the results.

Dollar pull: Marche BSB, neat!
3/11: RAMZA BSB2!, Agrias LM, Ramza Chant (dupe)
2/11: Ramza LM!, Marche SSB

Very happy to score the two Ramza things. Now I have Ramza USB, BSB2, Shout, Chant and LM.

Now I just have to decide whether I can justify a third pull.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

BGrifter posted:

Did a dollar draw and two 11s, pretty happy with the results.

Dollar pull: Marche BSB, neat!
3/11: RAMZA BSB2!, Agrias LM, Ramza Chant (dupe)
2/11: Ramza LM!, Marche SSB

Very happy to score the two Ramza things. Now I have Ramza USB, BSB2, Shout, Chant and LM.

Now I just have to decide whether I can justify a third pull.

i am now at 6 dupes on the banner and all i wanted was the ramza stuff so i am trying to figure out if i can justify it too but i dont think i can because i still want to save for vivi stuff

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

of loving course

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

First pull, 5/11:
Marche's USB
Ramza's BSB (that's just Shout++ right?)
Meliadoul's BSB
Ramza's LMR
Marche's SSB

I'm gonna go get a lottery ticket, though it's a shame knight abilities weren't buffed in that ability rework, I already tend to hit quad-nines or close to it with Beatrix so if Marche is the same that enholy won't boost much. What's the next banner we're supposed to look forward to? I don't think I'll be spending any more mythril on this one.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
After two 11 pulls I got Marche's...SSB...and Ramza's USB. I guess I can't complain after my bonkers FF10 pull...I'd really like Ramza's LMR but pulling for one legend materia has never gone well in the past.

That gives me Ramza's Shout/History's Truth, Onion Knights VoF, and Rikku's Ultra for big team buffs. I normally use Rikku because she also has Machinations but OK is more versatile, but then I have to run protect or shell. Maybe I'll pull one of OK's ultras next FF3 event and this problem will solve itself.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
4 pulls

1/11 Marche SSB

Here are the next 3:

I'm extremely happy with this haul. No Shout2 but I'm not pulling more just for that. I got everything else I wanted!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Had slotted up to 3 pulls for this banner, but my first banner was...pretty drat good.

5/11

Marche USB
Marche BSB
Agrias BSB (dupe)
Meliadoul BSB
Ramza's Chant SSB

I have too many dupes to risk another pull, right? I also have Ramza's USB already. I really wanted Agrias' USB or LMR, or Ramza's BSB2, but that seems like I'd be trying to thread the needle too much. But then again...

Feels fuckin' good to get something other than a useless 1/11 again. It's been a long time since I got excited about a pull.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Bruceski posted:

I'm gonna go get a lottery ticket, though it's a shame knight abilities weren't buffed in that ability rework, I already tend to hit quad-nines or close to it with Beatrix so if Marche is the same that enholy won't boost much. What's the next banner we're supposed to look forward to? I don't think I'll be spending any more mythril on this one.

The -bringer Knight abilities and the Blink Ninja abilities should be coming in... 2/3 months? Might push Marche ahead of Beatrix with the Quickcast and the jump to 5 hits - they even have pretty similar legend dives.

Next ability update details:

quote:

Leaping Rush
Thresholds: 0/7/10/13 -> 0/3/5/7 actions

Guardbringer, Earthbringer
Number of hits: 2/3/4 -> 3/4/5 (with 0/798/2736 DEF)
Multiplier per hit: 1.00 -> 0.80
Total multiplier: 2.00/3.00/4.00 -> 2.40/3.20/4.00 (with 0/798/2736 DEF)

Demonsblood
Number of hits: 2 -> 3
Multiplier per hit: 1.55 -> 1.10
Total multiplier: 3.10 -> 3.30

Raging Waters, Shadow Embodied
Number of hits: 2/3/4 -> 3/5/7 (with Physical Blink 0/1/2)
Multiplier per hit: 1.00 -> 0.70
Total multiplier: 2.00/3.00/4.00 -> 2.10/3.50/4.90 (with Physical Blink 0/1/2)

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
lol 2/11 Maliadoul BSB dupes. Least I have a big stat stick I guess.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Also reading these Marche relics make me feel really fuckin' dumb for literally just diving Beatrix a few days ago.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Pulled, Got Ramza's Legend Materia

Its something cool. I have shout so I gots something he goes with.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Managed to snag Shout++ on followup rage pulls, as well as the LMRs for Ramza and Agrias and the BSBs for Marche and Mel. That's definitely a far cry better than Nurse/11. I still really want Agrias's USB, but at this point I'm risking too many dupes and the very last thing I need is more holy FFT swords.

I'm probably going to end up pulling anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

4/22

2x RamzaUSB, Ramza LMR, and Ramza SSB (dupe).

• Locked thread