Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

ElGroucho posted:

Where is the new goon approved place to make fun of buttcoins?

I'd like to know too. I have several Facebook friends getting all excited about investing in them despite myself and other people warning them not to. I need somewhere to post the fallout when it happens.

Idiots on social media thread I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
My coworker doubled her investment so I'm not really sure I'm in any place to call her an idiot tbh

I'm still not interested but yeah, nothing but net for her

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3838405

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

KingSlime posted:

My coworker doubled her investment so I'm not really sure I'm in any place to call her an idiot tbh

Has she doubled her investment in a way she can actually spend? Because just because they've doubled in value doesn't mean she can actually use them for anything.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

But that's a gbs thread ewwwww

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Has anyone paid attention to how much energy we're wasting on buttcoins? It's loving crazy.

Like 77KWh/Transaction. Buttcoin is using more energy than some countries at this point.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

ElGroucho posted:

Where is the new goon approved place to make fun of buttcoins?

NASDAQ

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

KingSlime posted:

Until it crashes before she liquidates

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
yospos thread is 100x better

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

For a second I thought you meant NASCAR

It's been an exciting race to the bottom either way. Let's all move these deck chairs around.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Lime Tonics posted:

This is why youtube is losing content and ads.

FaZe Banks made a ton of allegations on what happened in a bar in Cleveland, this is their response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXntoTverSg

Some douchebag, call of duty player, youtuber with like 2 million, 15 year olds as subscribers gets called out for his bullshit.

drama right? Even with evidence like this the kids still defend the guy. The future is going to be a magical place once these kids come to power, oh wait, now I get the whole trump thing.

So he'll be fired by FaZe right?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Slime posted:

Has she doubled her investment in a way she can actually spend? Because just because they've doubled in value doesn't mean she can actually use them for anything.

You can liquidate $10K/day without too much trouble.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Slime posted:

She says she can take it out whenever absolutely no prob but I didn't really ask for details. Either way she makes decent money and is always hustling with freelance so whatever she's got tied up there is probably no big deal.

People speculating on credit though, that's just hilarious

orange sky
May 7, 2007

There's gonna be a shiiitload of bagholders when the inevitable exploit comes and fucks all wallets up

Gonna be pretty crazy

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

orange sky posted:

There's gonna be a shiiitload of bagholders when the inevitable exploit comes and fucks all wallets up

Gonna be pretty crazy

Happened to Ethereum already, since someone's smart-contract code was insecure garbage. $3mil in Ethereum down the drain.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

KingSlime posted:

My Sega Genesis has also doubled in value, I just can't get anyone to buy it, I am also a brain genius

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

KingSlime posted:

She says she can take it out whenever absolutely no prob but I didn't really ask for details. Either way she makes decent money and is always hustling with freelance so whatever she's got tied up there is probably no big deal.

People speculating on credit though, that's just hilarious

She’d better cash out soon before the bubble bursts...again. Like it has every time.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Nah, like everyone I know who's invested in a bubble, be it bitcoins, collectables, houses, they'll "know" when to cash out. Not now, no, the market is still going up. They'll cash out when it's clear the market isn't going up anymore, you'd be a fool not to sell at the peak. What if you sell early and only see 900% appreciation on your investment when it could have been 950% ???

Just sell right before the market crashes, it's simple.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I've developed an algorithm to detect and buy bitcoins when the market starts trending upward and sell them off right when it starts trending downward. Plus if you turn it upside down it spells "BOOBS"

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
There was a hilarious moment a few weeks ago where the only reason the race to the bottom failed was because the system literally can't handle a useful amount of transactions.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Bitcoins sounds like one of those things that only have value unless you try to actually cash it in for real money then it instantly drops in value causing other people to cash out then next thing you know people are jumping out of office windows.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ak Gara posted:

Bitcoins sounds like one of those things that only have value unless you try to actually cash it in for real money then it instantly drops in value causing other people to cash out then next thing you know people are jumping out of office windows.

Can't jump out of a basement window

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Can't jump out of a basement window

:five:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Wasn’t one of the big complaints about Bitcoin was that it takes forfuckingever to go from offering it up on an exchange site to actually getting the cash from them (with the cash you receive being what it’s worth at the end of the transaction, not when you actually initiated it)?

johnnyratbastard
Nov 9, 2012
https://i.imgur.com/41Aw5AU.gifv

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

who hired the 3 stooges? that look almost too ridiculously inept to be real.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

sneakyfrog posted:

who hired the 3 stooges? that look almost too ridiculously inept to be real.

Probably the first 3 guys to jump into the back of the pickup. Don't have to pay the tax man if your employees technically don't exist.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Time for a classic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KvxOuC7Bhc

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I always knew Battlebots would be better if they threw people in the arena.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

canyoneer posted:

https://i.imgur.com/fcZdzTc.gifv
Imma fix my tire right here, in the middle lane

I don't think they stopped to fix the tire. With the bits of tire behind the car, looks more like they had a blowout, and they hadn't gotten it moved from where it stopped yet.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

JackMann posted:

I don't think they stopped to fix the tire. With the bits of tire behind the car, looks more like they had a blowout, and they hadn't gotten it moved from where it stopped yet.

If you have a blowout why the gently caress would you stop in the middle of the road? If a tire lets go you take your foot off the gas and get over on the shoulder.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

JackMann posted:

That....doesn't make it any better? Why would they slam on the brakes in the middle of the highway instead of trying to get it to the shoulder as they slowed down? However you slice it there's not really any valid explanation for them to be stopped there, especially stopped and out of the drat car, unless their engine literally exploded or something and shattered their front axle along the way so they couldn't coast out of the middle lane.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Regardless of the reason, a stopped car, a cow, someone slamming on the breaks for no reason, if you rear end something on the highway it's 100% your fault for driving too close and not paying attention.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

JackMann posted:

For one, ride the rim to the shoulder if you have to. Get your car off the drat road. Or at the very least, get it out of the center lanes.

For two, the guy's trunk is open, he's out of the car, and he's squatting on the road like he's operating a jack or something. Looks like he has some warning reflectors or something up, but only about 10 feet back form his car, which is nowhere near enough space even if you're on the shoulder.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

JackMann posted:

you can see the tire sitting on the ground after the car hits the stationary car

Baronjutter posted:

Regardless of the reason, a stopped car, a cow, someone slamming on the breaks for no reason, if you rear end something on the highway it's 100% your fault for driving too close and not paying attention.

nah you're still responsible to move a disabled vehicle off the roadway if possible, and there's absolutely no excuse for this situation.

i mean this is probably in russia so there's no rules and no real expectations for anyone to drive responsibly

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Baronjutter posted:

Not always. My sister hit someone on the interstate who had come to a dead stop in a lane (apparently because it was raining), and they cited the person who stopped in the middle of the loving road for no reason.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Baronjutter posted:

nope, if someones stopped in the middle of the loving highway with no flares or signs or ANYTHING the cops are going to look at them first at fault. Because at normal highways speeds its very hard to tell oh that cars coming fast OH gently caress ITS NOT MOVING BRAKE NOW.

Specially since there was no hazard lights and nothing to signal that it was stopped. Full on the blame will be on the stopped vehicle

The General
Mar 4, 2007

My favourite part is how the one driver didn't even slow down. He can clearly see there's something stopped on the highway, but gently caress it. Just hold down the gas and keep going.

I agree there's basically zero excuse to be stopped on the highway, but there's also no reason to swerve around the problem like your Steve McQueen.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Why did he swerve back towards the car?

Not saying the tire guy isn't at fault, he's a tard, but I'm having trouble seeing why the car swerved out of the way and then homed in on the dude's trunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Lost control of his car pretending to be Steve McQueen.