Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I will be watching random classic races recorded off of the sky F1 channel. Tonight’s race is China 2010.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
1985 is an excellent season.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
1986 is also really drat good. I think it's Prost at his finest.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The absolute best thing about the new F1 logo are the posts on Autosport where people post awful mockups that people say are so much better than the one F1 actually used.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

just bring back the 90s logo problem solved.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The absolute best thing about the new F1 logo are the posts on Autosport where people post awful mockups that people say are so much better than the one F1 actually used.

The right one looks like a logo for a company that makes muffler clamps.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

84-86 are like the trilogy of really good early Prost years

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
1983 as well, even though he was accused of bottling it (especially by Renault)

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

In all seriousness, I can't watch most old F1 races because I non-live sport is cripplingly boring to me. I can only watch old races when I know so little about a season that I have no clue who will win, which is rare.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

In all seriousness, I can't watch most old F1 races because I non-live sport is cripplingly boring to me. I can only watch old races when I know so little about a season that I have no clue who will win, which is rare.

Plus you need the thrill of the latest Ford ShitWagon truck ad whilst anything interesting happens to keep you interested because American coverage is loving garbage.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Theophany posted:

Plus you need the thrill of the latest Ford ShitWagon truck ad whilst anything interesting happens to keep you interested because American coverage is loving garbage.

Hobbs has been doing it for like 30 years, I can usually find a video with him. And Matchett is working in the pits for a lot of the races, too. All the important bases covered.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

1983 as well, even though he was accused of bottling it (especially by Renault)

He was good in '82 as well. Too bad about the car.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

Hobbs has been doing it for like 30 years, I can usually find a video with him. And Matchett is working in the pits for a lot of the races, too. All the important bases covered.

Yes, but never mind all that poo poo, what's the monthly rental on a 92 Chevy Silverado?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Theophany posted:

Yes, but never mind all that poo poo, what's the monthly rental on a 92 Chevy Silverado?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dVOsAynTCs

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

Actually, gently caress Rosberg.

Massa lost the WDC in the most horrible way possible and he kept going.

lmao Nico is a bitch

Actually no, good on Rosberg, he left as champ with no way for Lewis to redress the balance, the ultimate gently caress you

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Super doodie.

Heavy doodie.

Doodie Leary.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

Super doodie.

Heavy doodie.

Doodie Leary.

Heh you said doodie :smug:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

quote:

The Abu Dhabi test gave the mechanics a chance to work with Kubica properly. Valtteri Bottas's departure was a tough one to take because he was usually at the limit of the car's capabilities. So they knew that whatever the result, that was the level of performance they had delivered from endless days of hard work.

The team is craving that again as it would boost morale. Recruiting Kubica, providing the team believed he had the potential, would do that job.

It is understood the mechanics and engineers warmed to him instantly. They were impressed by the way he gelled quickly with the team around him and built up a good rapport. It felt like he had long been part of the team. They also loved his attitude.

On Monday before the test, he spent hours with the team preparing for his running, focusing on the minute details before his track walk. On Tuesday, he was in bright and early and even after he had finished running, he didn't want any downtime.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

He's a saint.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Williams giving a Massa another year was the worst decision any F1 team has made since 2014. Frank must walk.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

wicka posted:

Williams giving a Massa another year was the worst decision any F1 team has made since 2014. Frank must walk.

It was an "OH poo poo" decision when Mercedes came knocking for Bottas more than anything if you ask me.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

If Williams signs Kubica, and Sauber drops Ericsson for Giovinazzi, this will be the strongest grid in an extremely long time.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

wicka posted:

If Williams signs Kubica, and Sauber drops Ericsson for Giovinazzi, this will be the strongest grid in an extremely long time.

What about Gas-Fart in Honda powered Toro Rossos.

They're going to get lapped by Stroll.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gasly and Hartley are good drivers, it's hard to jump into a seat mid-season.

And yeah, of course they're going to get lapped by Stroll, Stroll owns.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

wicka posted:

Gasly and Hartley are good drivers, it's hard to jump into a seat mid-season.

And yeah, of course they're going to get lapped by Stroll, Stroll owns.

Jumping into a seat mid season where the team had pissed off the engine supplier enough that they stopped sending parts/deliberately sabotaged them for WCC points

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
new lewis hamilton rap vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmc8q2dcIMs

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I'm hoping for a bit of a renaissance from Sauber in 2018. They've had a bit of a downturn in the last couple of years with poo poo drivers, less money than even their low standards, and poor cars. It's a shame since I remember it wasn't that long ago that Sauber was lauded for getting very good results on a shoestring budget. I remember when they were able to run the fragile Pirellis better than most to positions higher than you'd expect and the interest a lot of the other teams had when they rolled out their hoop sidepod flaps. They also tended to have interesting driver lineups, with at least one exciting driver (Kamuiiii :kimchi:).

I'm hoping the Alfa hype and driver lineup brings some of the interest and results back to the team.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I’m hoping the car looks sick af

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I love Sauber

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I’d also like to take this time to commend solid Canadian hero Lance Stroll for deciding to get a Rolex the hard way instead of just buying one

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I expect Merc to be ahead again next year and maybe Ferrari challenging. Maybe Red Bull will catch up a bit. I expect the midfield will be tight as hell with only Toro Rosso being the outright worst, mostly due to Honda. It should be very spicy in the midfield.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

iospace posted:

One of these days I'm going to Chicago for the NHRA races there.

I heard drag racing, especially the top classes, are something you have to experience in person.
I've been to a couple NHRA top fuel events and i can't recommend them enough. Some of the most entertaining motorsports out there.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Now if only Sauber could forget they're Swiss for an hour and do a sexy livery to match the Alfa badge, things will be super.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Carth Dookie posted:

Now if only Sauber could forget they're Swiss for an hour and do a sexy livery to match the Alfa badge, things will be super.

I would bet even a scrap of red and Ferrari will sue the pants of them.

Missing Donut
Apr 24, 2003

Trying to lead a middle-aged life. Well, it's either that or drop dead.

wicka posted:

Frank must walk.

That’d be nice...

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Missing Donut posted:

That’d be nice...

loving FINALLY

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Come on, guys, the man has a serious disability and is actually the longest living quadriplegic of all time. So how about keeping it classy and stop taking a step too far with the Frank jokes? Shake a leg here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Lol you dumb gently caress he can't walk he's a cripple

• Locked thread