Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Hey, politoon thread, ain't read ya in a minute. Popping in to say that the special election in Alabama is in less than two weeks and Doug Jones can use your help. Please volunteer or donate if ya can (official campaign site). Been phone banking and canvassing myself.

If you are an out of stater and want to do more than donate, pm me a email or contact information and I'll get it to a campaign manager. I have no idea how they'll use you, just relaying what they said for non Alabamians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

zakharov posted:

Jerusalem's status is disputed. Israel claims it as its capital. Putting the embassy there would legitimize the claim.

And would help delegitimize Palestinian claims to the city, as well as giving cover for further land grabs in the West Bank, both of which are at least as important to Kirschen.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Dirty Birds of Prey

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

A better execution of this joke. (Though credit to Beeler for having a woman take over.)

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

.Edward Penischin posted:

Who touched the poop?

Holy poo poo I'm "famous"! I'm just glad my legally protected fair use parody creation got the attention it deserved! I'm not on Twitter so if someone could please reply that his best option is to bend waaaaaaaaaaay over and kiss his own rear end I'd appreciate it.

And did he just use "anti fascist" as an insult? Why yes: I am against fascism. Sorry that offends you?

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

i guess gary never got an answer lmao

I LOVE it when people use "Oh you CARE about something??" as an insult. "Oh you put effort into something, I was too busy having cool sex and smoking while drinking you NERD!!"~ a cartoonist.

And jokes on him: I did that, and am currently, AT work!

Also can someone Tweet him my other edit:

TIA

Duke Igthorn fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Nov 30, 2017

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Duke Igthorn posted:

And did he just use "anti fascist" as an insult? Why yes: I am against fascism. Sorry that offends you?

Didn't you hear? That's the new opposite_of_reality

Antifascists are the real fascists, just like black people protesting police brutality are the real racists and women reporting assault are the real sexists.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Duke Igthorn posted:

No no not anti-facist, "antifa", a secret highly-organised SJW terrorist cell named after a strange meaningless word of unclear origin - presumably derived from some kind of acronym, or maybe something in Arabic, it's a mystery.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

What's wrong with Tel Aviv?

A disappointing lack of mushroom towers.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/935968298721824768

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

HootTheOwl posted:

Ok, but what is this Lisa Simpson fursona and what does it have to do with anything? You and LSW are going to raise zero dollars and starve to death.

The emblem of Jerusalem is a lion. I think that's supposed to be a lion?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Theodore Rall, esq. posted:

The sloppy reporting about the authenticity of the Trump tape reminds me of the breathtaking absence of due diligence exercised by The Los Angeles Times when it fired me as its cartoonist. There too the story centered on an audio.

It's All About Rall!®

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Is... Bors turning on Rall??

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

:lol:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Is that Pence toon supposed to be ironic? Please loving tell me it's supposed to be ironic.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Crazycryodude posted:

Is that Pence toon supposed to be ironic? Please loving tell me it's supposed to be ironic.

Pretty sure it is. I think it's the same cartoonist that made a joke that not only is Santa a black man, but Mrs. Claus is a man too (making Santa gay).

Edit: yeah that's Paul Berge, who mainly does LGBTQ+ cartoons.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 1, 2017

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Crazycryodude posted:

Yeah, that cartoonist is an extremely gay... rights activist who IIRC was raised as fundamentalist Christian. They're suppose to be taking the piss out of people who still think lesbian school teachers are going to recruit your daughter in a coven, but tend to get tripped up by Poe's Law here in the Gaybies thread.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Tibalt posted:

Yeah, that cartoonist is an extremely gay... rights activist who IIRC was raised as fundamentalist Christian. They're suppose to be taking the piss out of people who still think lesbian school teachers are going to recruit your daughter in a coven, but tend to get tripped up by Poe's Law here in the Gaybies thread.

Not just the thread!

https://twitter.com/SebGorka/status/917957476712112128

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

The only thing holding back Mike Pence from being a serial sexual assaulter is religion?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Faustian Bargain posted:

The only thing holding back Mike Pence from being a serial sexual assaulter is religion?

"The only thing that stops people from being monsters is religion" seems to be a distressingly common sentiment from the religious.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Just so I'm clear, the argument is that Mike Pence would immediately start harassing women if his wife wasn't around?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Cabbit posted:

"The only thing that stops people from being monsters is religion" seems to be a distressingly common sentiment from the religious.

"I would murder you if I wasn't christian enough" is a very wonderful thing to tell people I'm sure.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Cloks posted:

Just so I'm clear, the argument is that Mike Pence would immediately start harassing women if his wife wasn't around?
I would say the implication is also that at least some of these women are lying and having a woman as a witness to defend the man from these false allegations prevents him from getting taken down in this way (if it was a man they could just accuse all of them).

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Doesn’t really scan, but points for actually knowing the history of that song.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Cabbit posted:

Yup, had a teacher that believed all morals come and only exist because of Religion (Christianity) and without that everyone would be murdering each other and so on.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Cabbit posted:

Exactly this. I've been asked by people in real life why I don't murder and steal if I'm not religious. "Because I don't want to" isn't a good enough answer if it isn't followed up with "so I won't go to hell."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Picnic Princess posted:

Exactly this. I've been asked by people in real life why I don't murder and steal if I'm not religious. "Because I don't want to" isn't a good enough answer if it isn't followed up with "so I won't go to hell."

It also gives a scary implication that they themselves only don't do it because they would go to hell. So it is a desire they are repressing apparently?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

If you had asked who would make the first dementia cartoon I would have said Priggee not fuckin' milquetoast (for a conservative) Bish :popeye:

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Lodin posted:

Now I'm seriously tempted to tweet Gary and tell him I'm directly responsible for getting Flying McCoys kicked out of M, a Norwegian comic book.
I emailed the editor with some links to comics like Obama in the dumpster. She wrote back and thanked me and said she'd look into it. The very next issue FC had been replaced with Bizarro.
I take great pride in having deprived those two scumbags of a small amount of income.

Did you ever contact Universal Studios?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
Wrong SNL character, Gary.

Chip Bok posted:

Bill O’Reilly – sure. Harvey Weinstein – absolutely. Louis C.K. – of course. Kevin Spacey – makes sense. Mark Halperin – why not? Charlie Rose – check. Matt Later – believable. Garrison Keillor – !?

“I think the country is in the grip of a mania — the whole Franken business is an absurdity — and I wish someone [would] resist it,” he wrote, “but I expect MPR to look out for itself, and meanwhile I feel awfully lucky to have hung on for so long.”

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cabbit posted:

Mike Huckabee is a good example of this. He constantly says he would do hosed up stuff if not for Jesus.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

SeANMcBAY posted:

Mike Huckabee is a good example of this. He constantly says he would do hosed up stuff if not for Jesus.

I feel like if you could sum up one specific thing that is to blame for the mess this country is in-- and you can't, but watch me do it anyway-- it's that some people were essentially taught a set of rituals to avoid punishment, divine or otherwise, rather than any actual loving morality.

As soon as they feel they're above punishment, they have no more use for it.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Wait a second, that's not Madigan!

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Huh. I never thought about that.

Do North Koreans believe in Sudden Fan Death?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

The sloppy reporting about the authenticity of the Trump tape reminds me of the breathtaking absence of due diligence exercised by The Los Angeles Times when it fired me as its cartoonist. There too the story centered on an audio.

I wrote in a Times online blog that an LAPD cop had roughed me up and handcuffed me while arresting me for jaywalking in 2001. The police chief gave the Times’ publisher an audio the cop secretly made of the arrest. The audio was mostly inaudible noise, yet the Times said the fact that it didn’t support my account (or the officer’s) proved I had lied. I had the audio “enhanced” (cleaned up); the enhanced version did support my version of events. Embarrassed and/or scared of offending the LAPD (whose pension fund owned stock in the Times’ parent company, Tronc), the Times refused to retract their demonstrably false story about my firing. I’m suing them for defamation.

Where my former employer went wrong was that they didn’t investigate thoroughly. They were careless. They didn’t bother to have the audio authenticated or enhanced before firing me and smearing me in print.

Back to the Trump tape.

__________________/

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
"An audio."

Rall, you’re an idiot.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Picnic Princess posted:

I think the standard response is “because it’s a real dick move”.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Why can't he stick to dumb granddad jokes and stuff like this? I like these.

Then he opens his mouth about opinions outside his little town and holy gently caress what an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Project Veritas was trapped by media bias. A Bad Cartoon.

• Locked thread