Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

i'm ready for Jessica Jones 2

my body is ready

if it's not released in March as per usual schedule I'm gonna flip the gently caress out

hear me Marvel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grobbo
May 29, 2014

Soothing Vapors posted:

Dumb, but worth it for five uncomfortable minutes of Frank grating Billy's face like a fine cheese

I think it becomes less disturbing once you notice that Billy's nose remains weirdly unblemished and perfect no matter how many times Frank rams it into the mirror.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

grobbo posted:

I think it becomes less disturbing once you notice that Billy's nose remains weirdly unblemished and perfect no matter how many times Frank rams it into the mirror.

Gotta leave a little something-something to remind Billy of how good his looks USED to be.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
could you really give someone brain damage by just mashing their face into a mirror a bit though

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Eau de MacGowan posted:

could you really give someone brain damage by just mashing their face into a mirror a bit though

There’s a three inch long shard of glass sticking through his cheek into his brainpan duder, clear as day in the last scene.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Bust Rodd posted:

There’s a three inch long shard of glass sticking through his cheek into his brainpan duder, clear as day in the last scene.

Not to mention there was clearly a hard surface behind the mirror that Frank was also ramming his head into.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cythereal posted:

Scare em straight does occasionally work. I'd absolutely believe that the motherfucking Punisher pulling that on a kid would straighten him out.

Probably gave him trauma that won't be diagnosed until college, but still.

the scaring was probably a lot less important than the compassion after the kid broke down. saddest thing about this show is that being a soldier ate so much of what made frank human that it's impossible to know what he'd have been like without that in his past, but the little splinters and fragments we see, with Micro and Micro's family, Karen Page, his own familial flashbacks, show that frank was probably a gentle and sensitive young man before he went off to bootcamp and started getting his brain broken. if only he'd become a guitarist instead of a soldier

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

enraged_camel posted:

i'm ready for Jessica Jones 2

my body is ready

if it's not released in March as per usual schedule I'm gonna flip the gently caress out

hear me Marvel

Have there been any hints on what the plot or villain might be? It's not like there's a deep bench of Jessica Jones villains. They did a little foreshadowing about the origins of her powers in season one but that would be pretty thin for a whole season.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Haha yeah, what could the villain be *sweating profusely as I throw a blanket over this pile of fuckin' ninjas*

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Hallucinogenic Toreador posted:

Have there been any hints on what the plot or villain might be? It's not like there's a deep bench of Jessica Jones villains. They did a little foreshadowing about the origins of her powers in season one but that would be pretty thin for a whole season.

It's almost certainly going to delve deeper into her PTSD, since David Tennant was seen on location in his Kilgrave costume.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

One leak claims that Typhoid Mary will be the primary villain, and use her psychic powers to force Jessica to relive her worst memories.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Bust Rodd posted:

Literally the only time a marvel show has made me uncomfortable

It was the sound. That squealing like nails on chalk with glass shards crumbling in the background.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

DeathSandwich posted:

Yeah, that's a good contrast between the other Marvel Netflix shows where the final showdown is this big, triumphant moment where our pressed upon hero is having their signature heroic clash (and in Luke Cage's case, literally with a cheering audience in the background) where the good and the righteous triumph over evil. In the case of the Punisher, Russo getting his face destroyed in agonizing detail was probably one of the single most unpleasant things I've watched on TV this year and that's what makes the scene (and the show at large) work so well. It's not triumphant because Punisher is not a Triumphant hero, he's just a broken person doing a bad thing to a worse person.

I watched Daredevil season 2 right before Punisher and noted that in the final showdown in that season Frank pointedly does not torture the guy. He ends up in a shed full of tools, a "kid in a candy store" and opts for a comparatively humane bullet in the head execution. He's actually ethically regressed since then.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I hope literally the entire season is that one Alias storyline where J Jonah Jameson hires her to get dirt... DIRT ON SPIDER-MAN! and she spends her entire time and all the money he gives her on various charities for sick kids instead. JJJ has a meltdown when he finds out and threatens to sue, and Robbie has to gently explain that suing somebody for volunteering to sing and play music for sick children isn't a good look. :allears:

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
I don’t necessarily think he regressed. What Billy did was absolutely the worst betrayal. He was a brother to frank, and not just a random person that had a hand in his family’s death and he betrayed their other brothers as well.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Just saw the Infinity War trailer and I'm ridiculously hyped. Wonder if any Netflix MCU are going to make a cameo.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I hope Infinity War is a 3 hour movie and that there is a second part that's also 3 hours long.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

warcrimes posted:

Just saw the Infinity War trailer and I'm ridiculously hyped. Wonder if any Netflix MCU are going to make a cameo.

Doubtful. MCU and TV Marvel are at arms length and will most likely never cross the streams.

enraged_camel posted:

I hope Infinity War is a 3 hour movie and that there is a second part that's also 3 hours long.

I'm pretty sure it was always in the plan for there to be two Infinity War movies. What I'm not sure is if there's going to be any interim movies that are related to the Infinity War that focus on say, Captain American or GoG.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 30, 2017

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

warcrimes posted:

Not happening. Charlie Cox met with Feige on at least one occasion to discuss ways that Daredevil could get folded into the movies, but Feige executed a putsch in the summer of 2015 and got all of Marvel Studios reorganized; he runs the movies, Perlmutter and Loeb run TV and animation, and ne'er the twain shall meet.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
^ ah. eh, too bad but not going to lose sleep over it.

enraged_camel posted:

Yes please

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Timby posted:

Not happening. Charlie Cox met with Feige on at least one occasion to discuss ways that Daredevil could get folded into the movies, but Feige executed a putsch in the summer of 2015 and got all of Marvel Studios reorganized; he runs the movies, Perlmutter and Loeb run TV and animation, and ne'er the twain shall meet.

I am sad we will never get to see Daredevil's ridiculous costume on the silver screen :( we'll have to make do with Blu rays of the show.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Proteus Jones posted:

Doubtful. MCU and TV Marvel are at arms length and will most likely never cross the streams.

I'm pretty sure it was always in the plan for there to be two Infinity War movies. What I'm not sure is if there's going to be any interim movies that are related to the Infinity War that focus on say, Captain American or GoG.

I think there's a reason Captain Marvel is going to be set in the 90s.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Proteus Jones posted:

It may have been the plan, and I do recall it as such, but looking at the schedule it's pretty much:

February 16, 2018 - Black Panther
May 4, 2018 - Avengers: Infinity War
March 8, 2019 - Captain Marvel
May 3, 2019 - "Untitled Avengers Film"
July 5, 2019 - "Untitled Spider-Man Film"
????, 2020 - Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 3

I mean I guess "Untitled Avengers Film" could be "Infinity War Part 2", but it doesn't seem all that likely. I think we're one and done with the Infinity War.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
According to the official marvel website, that May 3rd release is absolutely IW2

It goes Black Panther, IF1, cap Marvel, Ant Man 2, IF2, Spider-Man

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

They're probably going to go with a better subtitle than "Infinity War 2" but they're keeping quiet because it might give away how they leave things at the end of the first film.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

They're probably going to go with a better subtitle than "Infinity War 2" but they're keeping quiet because it might give away how they leave things at the end of the first film.

Current leaks claim that it's going to be Infinity War -> Infinity Gauntlet.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I am already totally sick of Thanos and his stupid purple face and that's with like sub 5 minutes screen time across 5 movies

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Infinity War 2: DOOM!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Secret Wars

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Bust Rodd posted:

Literally the only time a marvel show has made me uncomfortable
Same. I've dug waaayyy too many shards of mirror out of people (seriously, assholes, don't punch mirrors) for that not to make me grimace.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Infinity +1 War

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

I am already totally sick of Thanos and his stupid purple face and that's with like sub 5 minutes screen time across 5 movies

I wouldn't be if it weren't for every Self-Identified Deep Comic Lover™ crawling out of the woodwork to over-explain the significance of a not-obscure villain to everyone who stands still.

they probably pee themselves a little every time he shows up in a post credit stinger, too

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

And I heard that Infinity War was a two movie affair and part one would be Thanos acquiring the gems and then the second part is the war.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Marvel actually called me the other day to let me know the real villain of Infinity War

it's the hand

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

ApeHawk posted:

Infinity +1 War

Cool David harbour posts here

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

enraged_camel posted:

Marvel actually called me the other day to let me know the real villain of Infinity War

it's the hand

Boo this man!

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

enraged_camel posted:

it's the hand

Infinity War ends with Thanos falling down a big hole in the ground

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Episode 10 was confusing as gently caress by opening after the attack had already happened on Karen and the Senator. I had to go back to the last episode multiple times to make sure I didn't miss anything, I was like "Did they get attacked last time and I somehow missed it happening?"

Strange editing decision.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

enraged_camel posted:

it's the godhand

I mean, duh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

SleepCousinDeath posted:

Infinity War ends with Thanos falling down a big hole in the ground

It isn't as uncharacteristic as you might think.