Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I might be wrong. Not sure why I was thinking that. This was on BGG on Nov 6:

quote:

Our company, Impressions, handles the wholesale side...

KS copies are shipping now. Wholesale copies are on boats going all over the world to distributors. Chances are late November to early December to be in stores worldwide.

Best,
Aldo Ghiozzi
Owner
Impressions
aldo@impressionsadv.net

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

The items fit in business card folders? Thinking of getting this
https://www.amazon.com/Rolodex-Expl...ess+card+binder
Or something like it to house the store and look a bit thematic to look through.

BrainBot
Aug 18, 2012

FunkMonkey posted:

Ah, is that what's been said? They just keep bumping it back on my notifications. Gives me time to wrap up my tabletop campaign at least.

Latest update I found from the retail distributor on bbg says mid January for release to retailers.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

BrainBot posted:

Latest update I found from the retail distributor on bbg says mid January for release to retailers.

Ok, thanks for the update.

The really unfortunate thing is that I had a number of things tied to the pre-order, including a now very belated birthday gift. I wonder if I can convince them to release that stuff separate.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

We ain't seeing anything from any retailer until like late January at the earliest, I bet.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Afriscipio posted:

My players cancelled on me this weekend. At this rate we won't play again until the new year. :cryingverminling:

This is why my wife and I are playing 2 player. Set it up after the kid goes to bed every night hells yes.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Are people still receiving / waiting in Canada? I just noticed when I was tidying up that my package says "shipment 51/47000", so I may have gotten lucky on the shipping lottery for once.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I won too. Didn't see a number. But mine arrived and the next day the update came out that people should start getting them soon.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I think they shipped a while ago.

I didn't even know the solo scenarios came with cards, and didn't read them obviously. Glad that they seem on top of that.

I also need to send a request for a new cardboard sheet. A sheet I got had a bunch of cardboard ripped off of ~6 monster standees. On both sides. Just that sheet, not sure what happened there. Still totally playable at least, and honestly it would probably only affect resale value, but might as well get it fixed.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

CommonShore posted:

Are people still receiving / waiting in Canada? I just noticed when I was tidying up that my package says "shipment 51/47000", so I may have gotten lucky on the shipping lottery for once.

Latest update said that all Canadian orders have been shipped I think.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

food court bailiff posted:

I'm complaining here about not getting my shipping notice yet in hopes that my complaint will make it appear in my inbox. Complain complain complain.
It literally worked for me.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Schlepping my box home from work was one of the rare times I missed having a car. The box was well packaged but the top is bent inwards on both sides so it looks like a tent roof. Funnily enough the outer package was in pristine condition. They must have stacked the filled boxes prior to wrapping them in China. Not the best of ideas.

First inspection shows a slight bent in the cardboard sheets but this nothing to worry about. On Sunday I'll prep it all and check for any issues.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Spoiler for the conclusion of Scenario #4 It unlocks two areas and presents you with two choices, do you get locked out of anything based on what you choose?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Spoiler for the conclusion of Scenario #4 It unlocks two areas and presents you with two choices, do you get locked out of anything based on what you choose?

Answer: Not for this particular one. There are choices in this game that will be mutually exclusive, though it will be pretty obvious as to what those are.

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Dec 1, 2017

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

No. Not the direct next scenarios.

You can kinda tell If you look at requirements. If it has xyz INCOMPLETE there's a chance you will get that party/global and lock that off. If it says none it's never locked

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

dwarf74 posted:

It literally worked for me.

That's what inspired me. Alas, no such luck :(

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

There's a Scenario flowchart available here (shows only numbers, not names) https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/143772/scenario-flowchart. We find it quite useful in planning our adventures.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Complaining in here makes my game ship? Complain complain. I even got the Daedelus organizer thing and spent a day putting it all together last weekend.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I AM THE BEST AT WHINING NOW GIVE ME MY GODDAMN 22LBS OF CARDBOARD AND GAME PLEASE

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Really considering this being my Xmas present (from my wife). Looks like so much fun, but I'm always wary of pre-orders. Is there any reason for me to doubt pre-orders being filled?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

PotatoManJack posted:

Really considering this being my Xmas present (from my wife). Looks like so much fun, but I'm always wary of pre-orders. Is there any reason for me to doubt pre-orders being filled?

the second kickstarter is fulfilling now. it was a massive success. retail copies won't be available till january at the earliest. there is zero reason to doubt the game exists, and no real reason to think stores that ordered copies won't get them.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

ketchup vs catsup posted:

the second kickstarter is fulfilling now. it was a massive success. retail copies won't be available till january at the earliest. there is zero reason to doubt the game exists, and no real reason to think stores that ordered copies won't get them.

Sweet - ordering now :)

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

PotatoManJack posted:

Sweet - ordering now :)

From?

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

Cubox - Australian company that is filling pre-orders. Has good reviews.

Vehementi
Jul 25, 2003

YOSPOS
Don't think the box #s mean much, mine were like 1k and 7k or something and I got them (in Canada) 2 weeks ago

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Happyshops shipping order is determined by base game and then base game + add-on x, + add-on y etc.
I ordered base game + single player + extra minis so my order was sent out late. The box number is 598x (can't read the last digit).

So if the other shipping companies do the same, that's what determines shipping order in general.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

I can retire my Scoundrel in 2 scenarios, but I don't want to lose her.
Cragheart and Mindthief are 11/15 for scenarios completed and battle goals completed, so I'm also getting nervous about losing them.

I am bad at letting my characters live happily ever after.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Once you complete the quest and unlock something new you'll want to try the new class. Trust me.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

BioTech posted:

Cragheart and Mindthief are 11/15 for scenarios completed and battle goals completed, so I'm also getting nervous about losing them.

You can start a new Scoundrel. Change one letter of her name and level up to Gloomhaven's prosperity level. Plus, you get bonus gold and perks. All enhancements to cards are permanent, so I'll be like you never lost her. But, as Ojetor says, once you see the new classes you'll want to try them.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

BioTech posted:

You can always go back to the same character class after retiring and call them the same name as your previous character

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
We retired our first char last night.
It took 5 scenarios!

Also tried playing at +1 difficulty and it was definitely better balance-wise. We may try +2 next time depending on the group I get just to see how that plays out.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

We just leveled to 3, 2 player, which bumps up stuff to scenario level 2...and yeah that's a big difficulty jump, feels really good. One scenario so far felt super easy at 1, when we were level 2, but y'know, it's okay for difficulty to swing up and down as you're going through levels.

All in all, when a scenario starts out "holy poo poo everything went wrong in the first room, we're so hosed" and then we beat it by a narrow margin...it feels like the game is tuned pretty well.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Normal with 2 players seems slightly on the easy side, though still satisfying. Like a puzzle that you aren't going to lose but you can't just sleepwalk through either.

Playing solo with 2 characters (so on Hard with Normal rewards) feels really tight, failed scenario 2 with 1 enemy left by running out of cards. Part of that might be getting used to a more complicated party (Cragheart & Spellweaver) than my 2 player group (Mindthief & Brute).

What are people's thoughts on the Spellweaver? Personally not a big fan so far - seems like you have to spend a lot of effort juggling your cards and timings, especially compared to the Cragheart who feels like they can do just as much ranged damage for a whole lot less effort. Maybe the Spellweaver gets better once you get more ways to generate elements without losing cards?

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

silvergoose posted:

We just leveled to 3, 2 player, which bumps up stuff to scenario level 2...and yeah that's a big difficulty jump, feels really good. One scenario so far felt super easy at 1, when we were level 2, but y'know, it's okay for difficulty to swing up and down as you're going through levels.

All in all, when a scenario starts out "holy poo poo everything went wrong in the first room, we're so hosed" and then we beat it by a narrow margin...it feels like the game is tuned pretty well.

Those are absolutely the best games. Usually mine go something like this:
Early game: This is fine....probably.
Mid game: Oh god we're hosed.
Late game: gently caress YOU IM NOT GOING TO ACCOMPLISH THE GOAL SO I CAN GO COLLECT THIS ONE COIN ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MAP
End of the game: Good thing we spent 45mins on the last 3 turns and barely winning bc we're greedy assholes.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Tried playing last night with my kid and my brother. Kid screwed up playing the tank by hanging back a bit too much and we screwed up on scenario 2 by:

not targeting the bandit commander early, and also by getting the rules wrong on the order of door openings. I also had a real hard time doing damage with my tinkerer with all those -1s in the deck

We also screwed up a few rules, like early on moving monsters when their card only said to attack, and vice versa. Also my brother suffers from a small amount of AP and it took loving forever to get going. It took us like 4 hours to lose the scenario. A bit much for a school night, perhaps questionable parenting on my part.

That said, everyone got gold and xp and had a good time and we’ll give it another shot soon. It was fun at the end when we realized we were going to lose and we’re just trying to loot / get xp before exhaustion kicked in.

In the meantime I might be playing a solo scenario with two of the unused characters on the weekend so that I can internalize the Ike’s a bit better.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

MikeCrotch posted:

Normal with 2 players seems slightly on the easy side, though still satisfying. Like a puzzle that you aren't going to lose but you can't just sleepwalk through either.

Playing solo with 2 characters (so on Hard with Normal rewards) feels really tight, failed scenario 2 with 1 enemy left by running out of cards. Part of that might be getting used to a more complicated party (Cragheart & Spellweaver) than my 2 player group (Mindthief & Brute).

What are people's thoughts on the Spellweaver? Personally not a big fan so far - seems like you have to spend a lot of effort juggling your cards and timings, especially compared to the Cragheart who feels like they can do just as much ranged damage for a whole lot less effort. Maybe the Spellweaver gets better once you get more ways to generate elements without losing cards?

Hey, those are actually the two character's my wife and I are playing.

I love the spellweaver. You definitely have to juggle your cards, but I disagree a lot on "just as much ranged damage". I can target 3 targets with 3 damage, eagle eye, potion of power...then recover the target 3 and long rest and do another 3 targets eagle eye. Also, 3 damage 3 range on a *lot* of cards without losing them. Cragheart, as I understand, has a couple ranged dealies, but the multitarget are mostly in a blob, and the "get an extra target" ability is awesome but 2 targets is very different from 3-4 targets in my experience.

Summon is pretty rad too. Also, deck thinning can turn my deck into a morass of +1's, which means I very often do 5+ damage on my ranged attacks if I get crackling air up.

Elements, honestly, are nice, but not that important actually. Deck and doing things in the right order is way more important. The only thing I actually *use* elements on frequently is mana bolt, and my stuff or my cragheart partner will generate enough elements for me to use that most of the time.

Also you have to judge whether to play fast or slow, how many times to get through your abilities without using too many losing cards before using the "get your lost cards back" ability.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Finally got that shipping notification :getin:

Probably going to play 3 characters with 2 players because I like more monsters and combos. Not sure how to balance the difficulty in that case but we'll see.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

I've only played (and failed) one scenario so far with Spellweaver + Cragheart. It seems like stamina pot is a must-have with Spellweaver.

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

Flee from th' terrifyin' evil of "NHS"!

Stamina pot is pretty much essential for everyone, they're just such useful extenders of a rest period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Just got mine too! :woop: