Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Spoeank is having a mental weeping over the American future and everyone else is like lol yeah Congo was a goofy move

Goon meet @ Applebee's I'll send the outlook invite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Blitz7x posted:

Spoeank is having a mental weeping over the American future and everyone else is like lol yeah Congo was a goofy move

Hells yeah!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
No joke I was mentally figuring out where the closest Applebees was when I read that.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Skwirl posted:

I'm assuming you aren't eating, because you're at an Applebee's

completely irrelevant

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Chillis>>Applebees

Fight me

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The nearest AMC to me converted all the theaters to dinner experiences and it's basically applebees quality food and prices except you also get a movie during it,

It's pretty funny that a mixed drink and entree costs the same as a popcorn, hotdog and soda, but hey, I'm not gonna complain.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Chillis>>Applebees

Fight me
As far as chains go, agreed

Awesome Blossom 4 lyfe

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Chillis>>Applebees

Fight me

There are no Chilis in the PNW...

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Oh MY GOD

http://www.delish.com/food-news/news/a56958/cinnabon-is-now-stuffing-its-cinnamon-rolls-inside-chocolate-chip-cookies/?src=socialflowTW

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Chillis>>Applebees

Fight me

I don't like Chili's chicken tenders.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

pubic works project posted:

I don't like Chili's chicken tenders.

Why are you ordering chicken tenders at a "Mexican" restaurant?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Leperflesh posted:

e. Oh also I can't mentally distinguish the inside of an Applebees with that of a TGI Fridays. They're essentially the same, right?

10 years or more ago when I last went to these places Fridays had that triva thing and Applebees didn't, which made me prefer Fridays since I liked the dumb trivia thing.

Fridays was absolutely as terrible in every other way though and probably more so in ways.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Blitz7x posted:

Jurassic Park is the only Chrichton IP that I can consume without thinking about what a weird hosed up person he is.

Which is weird because I loved him as a kid. I read Jurassic Park in the second drat grade.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Andromeda strain is one of my favorite books

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Delaware just had a 4.4 magnitude earthquake. Felt it in Baltimore and friends in Philly and DC all felt it too. Pretty weird.

I felt it just outside of Philly. Was wondering if I was going crazy.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

Jurassic Park is the only Chrichton IP that I can consume without thinking about what a weird hosed up person he is.

I like to think I could read the Andromeda Strain again without experiencing this because it was so early in his career but I don't know.

I read Jurassic Park again and spent the entire last half of the book wanting to strangle both Malcolm and Crichton.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I always forget Andromeda Strain is Crichton.

That book is legit wonderful and I think of it every time I use drain cleaner

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Crichton was weird because he inserts himself into every book. Why is there always a handsome biologist and why does everyone know about science

Biologist: it's interesting because this phenomenon can't be possible with DNA's double helix
Fuckin random person: but I thought DNA spun counterclockwise
Other random accountant: *snaps fingers* its mutated RNA

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Timeline is my favorite Crichton book.

It’s total trash though.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

It's Tex-Mex isn't it?

Besides I don't know why you'd order anything other than the Southwestern Egg Rolls

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

It’s total trash though.

Same

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

FizFashizzle posted:

It’s total trash though.

Yeah I loved timeline too. When I was 17 my two favorite books were The Andromeda Strain and Timeline

I also read a lot of Robin Cook

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Yeah I loved timeline too. When I was 17 my two favorite books were The Andromeda Strain and Timeline

I also read a lot of Robin Cook

Who doesnt love the Mary Sue couple Jack Stapleton and Laurie Montgomery

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Jurassic Park >>>>> Timeline

And I liked Timeline

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Athanatos posted:

Who doesnt love the Mary Sue couple Jack Stapleton and Laurie Montgomery

Jack Stapleton is the bad guy in another one of my favorite books, Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Skwirl posted:

I prefer Carlos O'Kelly's for my "Mexican" experience.

For real Mexican, or as real as NC gets, I hit up some cheap storefront restaurant next to a check cashing place or laundromat.

Edit: Creighton's Prey ended in the "We blew up the science, time to go home like nothing happened" way just like Jurassic Park.

Airframe was interesting.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Dec 1, 2017

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

FizFashizzle posted:

It’s total trash though.

As someone who used to love dragons and fantasy books you are correct in both of these opinions.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/crampell/status/936388345499934720

Fastfood chat, itt

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

C-Euro posted:

I felt it just outside of Philly. Was wondering if I was going crazy.

It's a sign that 18-1 is real.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh neat, the 1st of the Cards against Humanity Black Friday gifts showed up. It's a letter from them, a letter from the law firm, a title for a teeny tiny slice of the property, a pack of 6 cards making fun of Trump and a big ol' cartoon map straight out of like Mad Magazine.

It's cool

I thought the lawfirm might be a joke because the letterhead has the tagline: "A professional corporation" under the header, but it's apparently real: https://www.gdhm.com/

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Sup neighborino.

Edit: wow that is a big goddamn image.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I read Andromeda Strain in like 1995 and I remember liking it and then being surprised when I learned later that Michael Chricton was actually an rear end in a top hat climate change denier. It's nice he made some good books but also gently caress that guy.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

When I was on one tree hill, the second main actor loved that book and tried to give me a copy. Even at 20 i had stairs in my house and was like "gently caress you bitch go not get laid from sophia bush."

His story arc involved him getting drafted by the Charlotte Bobcats.

He was also in the bobby knight movie.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

More proof Marshawn Was Right

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

how are there so many of these places confined to and near the west coast

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

In-n-Out has to be eaten within like three minutes of getting your order or it rapidly becomes gross. Especially the fries. So there's a need for one In-n-Out every 10 miles or so.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

30 days full keto no cheating as of today. Gonna smash me some terrible food tomorrow.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Can confirm, In-N-Out fries are an inedible mess by the time you get home

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeaaah p much, like that's why I'm so confused why that drive thru is full. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The solution to the fry problem is to ask for it to be fried longer and/or get animal style. Their fries are still not great though. I love the burgs, man.

Vertical Lime posted:

how are there so many of these places confined to and near the west coast

They control their entire supply chain so they only expand when they can get ingredients that meet their standards.

e: they don't have freezers so everything is brought in fresh daily

• Locked thread