Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Reduced cooled own reduction is good for followers but you can ignore damage and survival stats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
you just said templar heals are useful so cooldown reduction is therefore a a stat that matters

E: fbeaten like ike beat tina

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
How are templar heals useful? It takes him ~4 seconds to realize you need healing, by which time you either used your potion already or you're dead.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I really loving enjoy Whirlwind barbarian with Wastes. It's simple but so drat addictingly fun. Even more so now that your defense doesn't instantly crater if you use another ability.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

No and it's such a massive shame too. I honestly enjoy the console version a lot more just because it feels great to just sit down with a controller and blast some demons away. It's been tweaked effectively enough to feel like a top-down isometric God of War. They really nailed the support for it, so it's bizarre that Blizzard hasn't included it onto the PC version.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I'd rather they just force a generator and spender (and maybe a movement slot) on every build, and then make all the generators fun and worth using. Maybe not in this game but maybe the next I personally wouldn't mind a half-elective bar.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Set dungeons are the least fun part of this game and I have no idea why they keep forcing them into season journey requirements.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
because they're easy who gives a poo poo

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

"Look, who cares if it's horrible, it's over quickly!" The sign of good game design.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Suspicious posted:

How are templar heals useful? It takes him ~4 seconds to realize you need healing, by which time you either used your potion already or you're dead.

For killing RGs the heals keep me alive 2-3x longer, or in other words, 2-3x fewer deaths in RG fights. It's 195k per heal. Follower will also manage a few seconds of stun per 10-20 seconds, which effective is a 15-30% DR in RG fights as well. That's a huge gain for the time it takes to full some lovely legendaries out of your stash.

And yeah CDR is important, but the templar heals didn't make a huge difference to my survivability until like GR90s. By the time it matters, you've probably found items with cdr on em anyways.

I stand by my claim that you can get full utility out of followers in about 30 seconds of actual effort.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Dec 1, 2017

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

hampig posted:

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I'd rather they just force a generator and spender (and maybe a movement slot) on every build, and then make all the generators fun and worth using. Maybe not in this game but maybe the next I personally wouldn't mind a half-elective bar.

Path of exile has this kind of thing, if you haven't tried it yet. You have two-ability builds where the rest of the action bar is taken up by passive buffs/debuffs.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The set dungeons aren’t badly designed they were just released in a completely unfortunate unfun state because the random nature of enemy placement flew directly in the face of accomplishing specific tasks in a time limit.

They removed that random factor because now you can see all the mobs on the map, allowing you to more effectively plan your route through the static map.

Seriously looking at the haedriig’s gift sets this season you can literally one shot every set dungeon, no one got their bullshit one except maybe DH I’ve never played with that set.

IK I could do blind, Trags is so easy I mastered it last season in one try without looking it up

mewse
May 2, 2006

Uliana's set dungeon still took me like 2-3 hours to master because the random mob placement makes the main objective either a breeze or incredibly painful. Marauder's was incredibly easy with worms visible on the minimap tho

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Every class has at least one piss easy set dungeon so at the start of every season just remember which one that is and build a set for it to complete the journey.

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007

xiansi posted:

Is it possible to see the rogue/slanderer swords drop on a Crusader, or are they just super rare?

I have been DB upgrading yellow swords on Barb to try and get either of the things too, still no luck.

Can HotA build still kind of work with an ancient gavel equipped + furnace (or whatever) in the cube, because I can do that?

I feel this pain on my cool barb lady. I actually have a Slanderer from a week ago and a few days later I had another sword set piece drop. Imagine my disappointment when it was another Slanderer.

I wish you could re-roll items from 2 set-piece sets.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
The real pain isn't grinding for Istvan's because at least then you're also finding other stuff. Its grinding for the couple of gamecubes and (potentially) shitton of craft mats needed to make them ancient and useful when you could be doing regular and GRs.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

ukrainius maximus posted:

I feel this pain on my cool barb lady. I actually have a Slanderer from a week ago and a few days later I had another sword set piece drop. Imagine my disappointment when it was another Slanderer.

I wish you could re-roll items from 2 set-piece sets.

LadyBarb is indeed very cool, and there are even sensible armour options.

Still no swords for me, but I did find a psycho goat pet to replace my usual psycho cow:

Seamonster posted:

The real pain isn't grinding for Istvan's because at least then you're also finding other stuff. Its grinding for the couple of gamecubes and (potentially) shitton of craft mats needed to make them ancient and useful when you could be doing regular and GRs.

How does one grind for 'gamecubes' (Ramalamas gift I guess)? They just drop from bosses very rarely, right? Which you'll be killing plenty of with the usual rift-running. And they seem slightly more common at higher level grifts too, though that could just be random, there are so few.

Totally with you on bounty mats though - that poo poo I can't be bothered with any more beyond getting enough for cube powers. Also, with two required weapons, you'll need a spare of each before risking a cube re-roll on anything that isn't terrible to start with.

Probably the best way to get a good ancient/primal weapon is to blow you last remaining gift on the acceptable one you already have!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
The second any of my characters gets even a whiff of extended grindy I drop it immediately and start a new character.

gently caress solo bounties. That poo poo is AIDS. If I'm in a 4 stack and thats what they want to do, sure I'll help but never past that. Get enough for cube powers and that's it. lol rerolling legendaries. Run what ya brung. Primal farming what hahaha. I augmented exactly one piece of gear so far this season and that was just for the Journey.

so far this season i've gotten a Necro, DH, Wiz and WD up to solo 80's with a couple builds each without getting too grindy and drat near zero rerolling aside from light perk rerolling at the enchanter whatever. All hodge podge gear. Feels good, dump that poo poo immediately.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Dec 1, 2017

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
So, I've got the season stash tab, unlocked and got a first primal ancient, and hit a 1.8 Trillion damage crit. I think I'm just about done with this season, I feel like I've actually accomplished something this time, rather than just hitting a brick wall like in the previous one.

For what its worth, I don't mind solo bounties. It doesn't seem any worse to me than grinding rifts, to be honest.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
I've not been playing much this season, seeing how I'm still stuck floundering around in T1 because Kadala won't give me the drat bracers I need to be viable to clear chapter 4.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Hobold posted:

I've not been playing much this season, seeing how I'm still stuck floundering around in T1 because Kadala won't give me the drat bracers I need to be viable to clear chapter 4.

What class are you playing as!?

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

biscuits and crazy posted:

I don't mind solo bounties. It doesn't seem any worse to me than grinding rifts, to be honest.

If you don't mind, then that's cool, and I guess I didn't for a couple of seasons, and a mechanic that lets you focus on upgrading one bit of gear you care about is very useful, but:

The enemy density is terrible.

There are nowhere near enough elite packs, making anything that uses Ingeom for speed frustrating.

Named yelllow elites don't drop DBs, including the bounty target.

A lot of bounties require you to find a thing on a huge map, and will happily wait several minutes before showing you an arrow that points in the general direction.

The "kill all enemies" on a level is bullshit. Oh, you missed one back at the start? Bad luck.

Worst of all, you have to do Act V, most of which sucks balls. Even if you keep restarting 'til it's not Malthael for the boss (because gently caress that) you still have to deal with one of the other two that are an endless slog through a misleading maze where the arrow is worse than useless.

It's just not fun. Facerolling the poo poo out of a normal rift as fast as you can is fun, keeping a balance between killing quick enough and not dying in a challenging grift is fun. Bounties are not.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What class are you playing as!?

I accidently the post before I was even done with it.

Doing crusader, and currently trying to not murder Kadala because she won't cough up Gabriel's for the Seeker build.

Having similar luck with the cube and crusader shields.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Hobold posted:

I accidently the post before I was even done with it.

Doing crusader, and currently trying to not murder Kadala because she won't cough up Gabriel's for the Seeker build.

Having similar luck with the cube and crusader shields.

Are you upgrading those yellows? The bracers shouldn't be that hard to find. The shield though? Yeah, that's a tough one. Thankfully the shield is a nice to have while those bracers are basically mandatory.

Thom ZombieForm
Oct 29, 2010

I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
This ancient deathwish has a much lower dmg increase while channeling effect, but does its higher dps outweight a 30% dmg buff? I have a gift to use for gemming purposes if it's worth switching.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Thom ZombieForm posted:

This ancient deathwish has a much lower dmg increase while channeling effect, but does its higher dps outweight a 30% dmg buff? I have a gift to use for gemming purposes if it's worth switching.

Of course it does. The only reason your non ancient is reading as higher is because its rocking a crit gem which is being calculcated into that DPS number and your ancient does not. I'M BAD AT READING WORDS

Edit: oh, the bonus amount. I'm dumb. I'd still use it. Your base damage matters so very much and you can keep tossing augments on it if you can't snag another ancient Deathwish (which is a pain due to the size of the sword pool)

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Dec 2, 2017

Thom ZombieForm
Oct 29, 2010

I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Of course it does. The only reason your non ancient is reading as higher is because its rocking a crit gem which is being calculcated into that DPS number and your ancient does not. I'M BAD AT READING WORDS

Edit: oh, the bonus amount. I'm dumb. I'd still use it. Your base damage matters so very much and you can keep tossing augments on it if you can't snag another ancient Deathwish (which is a pain due to the size of the sword pool)

Thanks. Yeah... the amount of exarians I've received from upgrading rares is triggering as all hell

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
The math is pretty simple: (2594.9 * 3.72) / (2084 * 4.07) = 1.138

All other things being equal, the ancient weapon is ~14% stronger based on just the DPS and legendary power. Of course, that's probably slightly higher in reality because it has more int and you're more likely to gift it (and so have a 10% damage roll on top).

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
Is there a discord or something for pc players?

*I just got a seasonal necro up to 70 and would love to play with goons sometime soon

tqilamknbrd fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 2, 2017

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

tqilamknbrd posted:

Is there a discord or something for pc players?

*I just got a seasonal necro up to 70 and would love to play with goons sometime soon
Join the LLJK community. Not the clan, the community.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I might make a discord cuz voice would be nice for doing GRs. LLJK is great for ingame stuff tho so I haven't bothered yet.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Are you upgrading those yellows? The bracers shouldn't be that hard to find. The shield though? Yeah, that's a tough one. Thankfully the shield is a nice to have while those bracers are basically mandatory.

I'm not upgrading yellow bracers because, lol torment 1. DB's are stupidly rare, and trying to up the difficulty leaves me staring at bosses, with no energy, and unable to damage them until my generator comes off cooldown.

I was trying to get the shield, since I've already got the cube weapon, but its going poorly.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Hobold posted:

I'm not upgrading yellow bracers because, lol torment 1. DB's are stupidly rare, and trying to up the difficulty leaves me staring at bosses, with no energy, and unable to damage them until my generator comes off cooldown.

I was trying to get the shield, since I've already got the cube weapon, but its going poorly.

Honestly, ride some goon coat tails on T13 and scoop drops. Hammerdin is REALLY fun when it's put together.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Honestly, ride some goon coat tails on T13 and scoop drops. Hammerdin is REALLY fun when it's put together.

I melt things at TX with my lovely Hammerdin gear but I did some vaults earlier with another goon and man it sucked to kill that boss.

JohnnySavs
Dec 28, 2004

I have all the characteristics of a human being.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I melt things at TX with my lovely Hammerdin gear but I did some vaults earlier with another goon and man it sucked to kill that boss.

Lo, and they did speedrun TX-XIII with the Goons, the the speedruns were plentiful, with DBs and shards. And they did gamble and upgrade for some critical gear. And their bonuses increased, and they did melt things at GR70, and it was good.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

JohnnySavs posted:

Lo, and they did speedrun TX-XIII with the Goons, the the speedruns were plentiful, with DBs and shards. And they did gamble and upgrade for some critical gear. And their bonuses increased, and they did melt things at GR70, and it was good.

Goons have not been saying anything in chat all week :argh:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
A misconception about D3 is that you need goons or organization to run 4 mans. This is false.

4-Man goon groups can crush, but once you have the survivability to not pop like a zit in TX, you can just run TX PUG Rifts.

The Average S12 Diablo player at this point in the season has everything on speedfarm, so if you want to catch up, just leech off pubbies.

Throw on a set of Sages and you’ll have enough mats to do whatever you want after like an hour (that’s like 25 rifts at 30-50 DBs per with sages at TX, plus keystones, souls and oh yeah, loot)

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I agree, thought the one limiter I'll mention is that to leech public TX games you have to have cleared a TX-equivalent Greater Rift. So you have to have some killing power already to even get there. Other than that you are absolutely not wrong, pub games are a fine way to gear up.

deano
Sep 6, 2000

Bust Rodd posted:

A misconception about D3 is that you need goons or organization to run 4 mans. This is false.

4-Man goon groups can crush, but once you have the survivability to not pop like a zit in TX, you can just run TX PUG Rifts.

The Average S12 Diablo player at this point in the season has everything on speedfarm, so if you want to catch up, just leech off pubbies.

Throw on a set of Sages and you’ll have enough mats to do whatever you want after like an hour (that’s like 25 rifts at 30-50 DBs per with sages at TX, plus keystones, souls and oh yeah, loot)

Now if i could just find that bloody sages plan, got the non db one guess its fking bounties for plans again :/

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

No kidding. I'm colossally BAD at diablo (I routinely fail the weekly challenge rifts) and I Mastered a witch doctor set dungeon in like a half hour or so.

The Natalya's and Unhallowed set dungeons for DH seem like a gigantic pain in the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Captain Oblivious posted:

The Natalya's and Unhallowed set dungeons for DH seem like a gigantic pain in the rear end.

I did DH last season and unhallowed sucks huge balls.

Natalia’s isn’t easy as in a one shot but it’s very doable once you figure it out.