Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I honestly thought that suit-up montage was going to take half the rest of the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bruceski posted:

I honestly thought that suit-up montage was going to take half the rest of the episode.

I'm sad we didn't get to see Caitlyn get icy, Felicity putting on her glasses, Harry throwing something, and Mick rooting around in the fridge as part of it.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Can't wait to see the fallout of Felicity randomly springing a wedding on Oliver at like the literal most inappropriate time

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

They are going to have a happy and healthy relationship for the rest of the show's run, that's what. :colbert:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oliver setting up Nazi Oliver as the real Green Arrow is going to be a strange direction for the show to take but let’s see how this plays out.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Oliver setting up Nazi Oliver as the real Green Arrow is going to be a strange direction for the show to take but let’s see how this plays out.

FBI Lady’s gonna show up next week and publish photos of Ollie dressed up like a Nazi just to continue being a turbo bitch. Just watch.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Man, Oliver shooting an arrow into the heart of a Nazi mass murdering despot version of himself is either the most theraputic thing he's ever done or the most most psychologically damaging.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

8one6 posted:

So I stopped watching Arrow a couple of seasons ago during peak "Felicity and pals" drama after Laura died. But this episode of the crossover looked like Laura was back.

Did Black Siren join Team Arrow? Wasn't she in Camp X-Ray Vision?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Original Laurel is still dead also

howe_sam posted:

Evil Laurel escaped No Lunch Supermax and is working with Whatshisname from Lost and Person of Interest.

Klungar posted:

There is a new Black Canary, but she has no relation to Laurel.

Literally the next 2 posts :cmon:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Aphrodite posted:

My name is Oliver Queen. After five years in hell, I returned home with only one goal: to save my city. But my old approach wasn't enough. I had to become someone else. I had to become something else. I had to become the Green Führer.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Just poking my head in here to ask where Crisis on Earth X starts? (What show, what episode?)

I'm current on Flash (except last night's) Behind a couple on DC Legends, and behind one, maybe on Arrow?

I don't watch Supergirl, but will for the one episode i need on this crossover.

Thank you!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Check the episode titles, it says Part 1.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Supergirl then Arrow then Flash then Legends.

All episode 8s I think.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Thanks to you both!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
This is Oliver's 2nd marriage correct?

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
He's still married to Nyssa.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

It really wouldn't have bothered me if Oliver and Felicity had ended up getting together again because that's been the trend for some time now. but to do it right when Iris and Barry are having their big moment that the whole crossover led into makes zero sense! like, the gently caress?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

LongDarkNight posted:

He's still married to Nyssa.

And either of his marriages are legal yet.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Carlosologist posted:

It really wouldn't have bothered me if Oliver and Felicity had ended up getting together again because that's been the trend for some time now. but to do it right when Iris and Barry are having their big moment that the whole crossover led into makes zero sense! like, the gently caress?

Smoak gonna Smoak

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Also, if you think about, Felicity also took Caitlin's place as maid-of-honor.

That's, like, three levels of Felicitizing.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

And either of his marriages are legal yet.

Me: Pretty sure the League of Assassins isn't recognized as an ordained ministry in the Arrowv—
John Barrowman in a Clergyman Collar: I USED TO BE R'AS AL GHUL

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Chokes McGee posted:

Me: Pretty sure the League of Assassins isn't recognized as an ordained ministry in the Arrowv—
John Barrowman in a Clergyman Collar: I USED TO BE R'AS AL GHUL

Merlin just being at the wedding would have been amazing.

:confused: - What are you doing here?
:smuggo: (shrugs smuggly)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I like the idea that Nazi Tommy was probably raised and trained to be Prometheus by his proud father Nazi Malcolm. Hell there has to be some untold story of Nazi Malcolm and the Nazi Queens' Undertaking and how Nazi Oliver rose to the position of "Fuhrer."

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Oh yeah that's all in the Ray animated movie. My uncle told me, he works for the CW.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why was the Ray from Earth 1? That didn't make any sense.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy Goodbody posted:

The animated series will probably explain it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Too bad they couldn’t have gotten Constantine too.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It was odd but I kinda of assumed it was just an easy excuse to bring him into Earth 1 if they want to. Not like he couldn't have just jumped anyway but it makes it easy to say "Earth X is better, I want to return home, I have to protect my Earth" or whatever if they want to.

Or some other thing explained in the mysterious lost web series.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Carlosologist posted:

I've seen blood feuds start for even proposing during another person's wedding much less that. Next season of Arrow will be Iris West arching Felicity Smoak

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Dude the Atom has been there since nearly the start!!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So apparently Nazi Gideon was voiced by Susanna Thompson. I knew that voice sounded familiar. That means Fuhrer Oliver had his programmers and engineers specifically code an artificial intelligence with the voice of his mother simply for him to be able to tell her to shut the gently caress up.

What a dick.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

So apparently Nazi Gideon was voiced by Susanna Thompson. I knew that voice sounded familiar. That means Fuhrer Oliver had his programmers and engineers specifically code an artificial intelligence with the voice of his mother simply for him to be able to tell her to shut the gently caress up.

What a dick.

I honestly thought it was a callback to Gideon's original (Thawne associated) voice myself, but that does make it a whole lot funnier.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm only 2 eps into Crisis but man, taken overall (again, so far) this has a really great comic book "epic" feel to it I really like. I have enjoyed the crossovers in the past to varying degrees, but this one feels the coolest so far. I especially felt like the opening minutes of the first one (Supergirl) had a really warm, realistic tone to the wedding proceedings...

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Feenix posted:

I'm only 2 eps into Crisis but man, taken overall (again, so far) this has a really great comic book "epic" feel to it I really like. I have enjoyed the crossovers in the past to varying degrees, but this one feels the coolest so far. I especially felt like the opening minutes of the first one (Supergirl) had a really warm, realistic tone to the wedding proceedings...

What blew me away was how ballsy the entire thing was for a regular over the air show. The first shot was a swastika. The team was detained in an actual concentration camp, complete with the "work will set you free" gates. They had two guys kiss full on. (It's a weird double standard but guys being affectionate with each other is way less accepted on tv than girls)

Everything about it was incredible, and not only did no one bat an eye, but they're demanding more. DCTV took a risk and loving crushed it.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Funny how common wisdom a few years back was "Enjoy X show while you can because after JUSTICE LEAGUE CINEMATIC UNIVERSE comes out these TV also-rans are gonna be toast"

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

FilthyImp posted:

Funny how common wisdom a few years back was "Enjoy X show while you can because after JUSTICE LEAGUE CINEMATIC UNIVERSE comes out these TV also-rans are gonna be toast"

And then Arrowverese created a better Justice League movie. (I assume, I haven't seen Justice League).

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mooseontheloose posted:

And then Arrowverese created a better Justice League movie. (I assume, I haven't seen Justice League).

Nah, it's kind of official by now: people who've seen both Crisis and Justice League kind of universally agree Crisis was infinitely the better of the two.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

I wouldn’t say infinitely. The amount by which Crisis on Earth-X surpasses Justice League is entirely quantifiable. Precisely one fuckton.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I still can’t stand Caity Lotz trying to act.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

It doesn't matter, but was the Archer in the very first scene supposed to by Tommy-Prometheus or Ollie-Fuhrer? It was dark and their costumes are so similar to begin with.