Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Nah.

Like, not the essential changes, just the balances that they're causing right now. Every match snowballing after like four kills (maybe hyperbole) isn't fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Orv posted:

Nah.

Like, not the essential changes, just the balances that they're causing right now. Every match snowballing after like four kills (maybe hyperbole) isn't fun.

*play tanks voice*

Play Tanks

Orv
May 4, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

*play tanks voice*

Play Tanks

I unfortunately cannot force my entire team to play tanks.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

and now you see why other people don't want to play tanks, mister "well why should i play one they won't either"

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I'd say the biggest issues of the patch are:
  • Tanks are dramatically overtuned. Losing 12 flat MR made tanks obnoxiously powerful in a way it seems wasn't anticipated. When I'm watching a Leona walk up and solo kill a midlane Xerath who's a level ahead, I know something's amiss.
  • Fighters can't take any good keystones without also buying into bad base stats. It's a lose/lose situation for them.
  • Lethality is back to being broken as hell, especially on ADCs like Varus and MF.
  • Certain champions - mostly Xerath, Lux, Jhin, Miss Fortune, Varus, and one or two others - are able to put out an unbearable amount of poke in lane thanks to Comet. Playing into support MF + Jhin is one of the most hellish lane experiences in the world if they're competent.
  • Ezreal is unbelievably busted in a way that I haven't seen since the halcyon days of old Kassadin, and he's swiftly approaching permaban numbers (close to 90%, last I checked).
  • Games snowball fast and hard. This is a consequence of everyone getting a lot more "free" damage from certain runes (like Electrocute and Comet) than they otherwise would've, and there being more conditional damage modifiers (Coup, Sudden Impact, etc.) that further increase the damage of someone who's already ahead, as well as the above-stated issues with the loss of flat MR and the return of Lethality.

Orv
May 4, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

and now you see why other people don't want to play tanks, mister "well why should i play one they won't either"

No I mean I'll happily play tanks. I've been playing Mundo mid against Zoe because for reasons I can't understand it works really well. I just can't stop bottom from feeding the Vayne because Vayne is back baby and there's too many people that need bans at my level.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Vermain posted:

I'd say the biggest issues of the patch are:
  • Tanks are dramatically overtuned. Losing 12 flat MR made tanks obnoxiously powerful in a way it seems wasn't anticipated. When I'm watching a Leona walk up and solo kill a midlane Xerath who's a level ahead, I know something's amiss.
  • Fighters can't take any good keystones without also buying into bad base stats. It's a lose/lose situation for them.
  • Lethality is back to being broken as hell, especially on ADCs like Varus and MF.
  • Certain champions - mostly Xerath, Lux, Jhin, Miss Fortune, Varus, and one or two others - are able to put out an unbearable amount of poke in lane thanks to Comet. Playing into support MF + Jhin is one of the most hellish lane experiences in the world if they're competent.
  • Ezreal is unbelievably busted in a way that I haven't seen since the halcyon days of old Kassadin, and he's swiftly approaching permaban numbers (close to 90%, last I checked).
  • Games snowball fast and hard. This is a consequence of everyone getting a lot more "free" damage from certain runes (like Electrocute and Comet) than they otherwise would've, and there being more conditional damage modifiers (Coup, Sudden Impact, etc.) that further increase the damage of someone who's already ahead, as well as the above-stated issues with the loss of flat MR and the return of Lethality.

I started this game with nid mid poke meta. I'm... Happy in a way. Chunking somebody with an MF doubleup feels like coming home. Eating a veigar R reminds me I had abusive parents.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Orv posted:

No I mean I'll happily play tanks. I've been playing Mundo mid against Zoe because for reasons I can't understand it works really well. I just can't stop bottom from feeding the Vayne because Vayne is back baby and there's too many people that need bans at my level.

in my experience Malz is very good against her because of the passive spell shield. you just have to avoid her Q popping it or forgetting its down and dying like an idiot (not that i did this specific thing tonight)

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i love this patch, i like the snowballing, leona should be able to solo whoever she drat well wants. nerf ezreal i guess

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Verviticus posted:

i love this patch, i like the snowballing, leona should be able to solo whoever she drat well wants. nerf ezreal i guess

Strong independent support, don't need no adc, just a bottle of corruption.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

njsykora posted:

I remember people banning Ornn when he first came out because he was so weak it was basically a guaranteed loss if he was on your team.
Same but Ivern. I had to stop hovering him because people would ban it to stop me from playing it. Then the jungle changed and it made him busted, and I was one of like a dozen people that had put serious effort into learning that champ and it was difficult to lose

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I miss Ivern

Well my computer is completely broke so I miss League in general, but I specifically miss peak Ivern.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
:wrong:

Keep that boring cancer champ in the grave where he belongs

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Gonna have to humbly agree with Cobweb here, Ivern was fun as hell and it felt really good to play a genuine support out of the jungle. He's absolutely hot garbage though and time is far better spent playing some kind of tank or fighter kind of dude. Or you can meet the two half way and play J4, because J4 is cool, handsome, and good.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Orv posted:

It works because Mundo is disgusting right now. They gave him a bunch of free attack speed when he gets 100-200 ad from his E.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
How awful is leveling an account now, I kind of want to make a smurf.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Just buy an account from eBay

in other words "not good enough"

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Sexpansion posted:

How awful is leveling an account now, I kind of want to make a smurf.

One of the discord goons was doing it and although its better than it was, there's still a load of arbitrary restrictions on runes. I don't think you can make your own page until 15 or something and even then you're not allowed to use inspiration because obviously people who have a mere 100~ games under their belt cannot handle the sheer complexity that is kelptomancy

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I think I'm gonna switch from trying xin back to Vi. Idk why I left u bby

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Just dropping in to say how pleased I am to have been right about Varus all along.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Taciturn Tactician posted:

It works because Mundo is disgusting right now. They gave him a bunch of free attack speed when he gets 100-200 ad from his E.

Seriously. Other than a few bad matchups (usually anyone with built in lifesteal), you can just farm to level 6, buy a midtier armor or MR item (chain vest or cowl), and then press R and run your opponent straight out of lane. Half the time you can just turn w on and flat out kill them at any point.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Also, he is one of the many, many characters who just beat Darius in every situation now because his E is better than Darius 5 stack passive. People keep banning Darius but I have no idea why, he's awful on this patch. Everything that hurts fighters hurts him terribly, and press the attack lets tons of other characters gently caress him up in a straight fight despite 5 stack passive. Once the dust settles a bit he's a lot of fun with fleet foot but right now, forget it.

Also is it just me or is Nasus loving insane suddenly? Every time I see one they just melt people.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Nasus benefitted a lot from runes, Dark Harvest, free CDR and Transcendence runes, etc but he's still terrible

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Teikanmi posted:

Nasus benefitted a lot from runes, Dark Harvest, free CDR and Transcendence runes, etc but he's still terrible

Nasus has a good winrate with certain rune setups mostly involving the inspiration tree

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Someone mentioned Udyr is viable with PtA and I've been really enjoying playing him and feeling fairly effective.

I'm glad I can play Udyr.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Dec 1, 2017

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
In the last 3 games I've played with miss fortune I've gotten a total of 40 kills and 2 deaths. I used to get a bit nervy going into a match as ADC but now I just slam pick MF and assume I'm going to win

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Dragongem posted:

Someone mentioned Udyr is viable with PtA and I've been really enjoying playing him and feeling fairly effective.

I'm glad I can play Udyr.
You're welcome.

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Also is it just me or is Nasus loving insane suddenly? Every time I see one they just melt people.
Nasus has always done this. It's just now there's runes that really help you do this. Build him tanky (shocker), and you'll just be around long enough for Q to chunk people.

Tanks are just great right now. Last night I managed to get +165 HP from Grasp before laning ended against an Irelia. I also killed her/enemy jungle every time they tried to gank me because being able to build pure tank and poo poo out more damage than two people is ridiculous.

Until traditional bruisers get an actual viable Keystone top lane - since just flat out none of them work well there - you can just pick any champion that scales with HP/resists and go destroy some hopes and dreams.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Mikujin posted:

You're welcome.

Nasus has always done this. It's just now there's runes that really help you do this. Build him tanky (shocker), and you'll just be around long enough for Q to chunk people.

Tanks are just great right now. Last night I managed to get +165 HP from Grasp before laning ended against an Irelia. I also killed her/enemy jungle every time they tried to gank me because being able to build pure tank and poo poo out more damage than two people is ridiculous.

Until traditional bruisers get an actual viable Keystone top lane - since just flat out none of them work well there - you can just pick any champion that scales with HP/resists and go destroy some hopes and dreams.

So what does one run on Nasus now, grasp + ?? Inspiration for biscuit and boots?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I don't nasus but I'd imagine the obvious answer is

Grasp
Demolish
Conditioning
Second wind

Then precision with last stand and triumph?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Grasp Demolish & you're a worse yorick but still fairly strong. Also games don't actually go late currently so you don't end up in nasus's true end game fantasy of blapping a guy for a karma shield and 200 health and then dying while being kited by everyone.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Leona is actually an insanely dope champ & I love seeing her pull taliyah off of walls and predict vayne tumbles and crap.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

el dingo posted:

One of the discord goons was doing it and although its better than it was, there's still a load of arbitrary restrictions on runes. I don't think you can make your own page until 15 or something and even then you're not allowed to use inspiration because obviously people who have a mere 100~ games under their belt cannot handle the sheer complexity that is kelptomancy

That is baffling

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Work Friend Keven posted:

Leona is actually an insanely dope champ & I love seeing her pull taliyah off of walls and predict vayne tumbles and crap.

She's also an insanely banned champ RIP lame fuckers

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Shyvana is cool and good and that makes me happy because the last time I played this game she was pretty garbage.

Also, what's the best bang for my buck with these event token things?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Big McHuge posted:

Shyvana is cool and good and that makes me happy because the last time I played this game she was pretty garbage.

Also, what's the best bang for my buck with these event token things?

the orb whatever the gently caress its called that costs 48 tokens. my first one came with another orb and some dumb skin i didnt care about and 50 orange essence and my second one popped out a star guardian syndra. second orb being the free orb within the orb that is. i havent bought the other one yet because overcharge is a hell mode i dont want to play again

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Ascension is still the only alternate game mode they've made that I will willingly play without a strong incentive

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Dark Star is fun for like, two games every six months.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Tales of Woe posted:

Ascension is still the only alternate game mode they've made that I will willingly play without a strong incentive

Ascension's playable, so are Hexakill and All For One. I wish they'd bring back ARSR again too, though it almost doesn't seem like an alternate game mode so much as something that should always be available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the only genuinely fun moment i had in an alternate game mode is when all for one was on summoners rift and we took a 20 minute baron as zyras just having our plants tank it. and we took it SUPER FAST