Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Why did he swerve back towards the car?

Not saying the tire guy isn't at fault, he's a tard, but I'm having trouble seeing why the car swerved out of the way and then homed in on the dude's trunk.
It looks a lot like when people spin out driving supercars, but that's the part I don't understand either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

sneakyfrog posted:

who hired the 3 stooges? that look almost too ridiculously inept to be real.

red shirt guy was just minding his own business until that thing hit him right in the rear end

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Not saying the tire guy isn't at fault, he's a tard, but I'm having trouble seeing why the car swerved out of the way and then homed in on the dude's trunk.

Some cars veer to one side when you stomp the brake.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
It's hard to tell the difference between "Car is going slow" and "Car is stopped" When you're travelling at highway speed since your reference points are also moving.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The General posted:

My favourite part is how the one driver didn't even slow down. He can clearly see there's something stopped on the highway, but gently caress it. Just hold down the gas and keep going.

I agree there's basically zero excuse to be stopped on the highway, but there's also no reason to swerve around the problem like your Steve McQueen.

I'm guessing he might have been overtaking the car that was shooting the dashcam footage so he might not have seen the stopped car when he pulled into that lane and accelerated

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012
99% chance the dude who slammed into the car was looking at his phone or whatever, looked up at the last second to see the stopped car, panicked, did a quick swerve to the side, and then either his breaking made him swerve back or he panicked a second time when he thought he'd overswerve into the highway barrier.

most people are totally unprepared for making snap decisions at speed, let alone have any idea how to control their car even if they were in a right state of mind.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
looks like straight up target fixation honestly.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

If you can't spot a stopped car in plain sight, you're either distracted or driving too fast

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

canyoneer posted:

https://i.imgur.com/yk8SHoA.gifv
You're ruining the mochi, bear! :mad:

Behaving so childishly stupid around his coworkers that he actually screws up what they're working on?

This bear is the boss's son. :mad:

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

djssniper posted:

If you can't spot a stopped car in plain sight, you're either distracted or driving too fast

por que no los dos dot jpg

That'd be my bet given the relative speed of the observer to the nonstopped car.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

It looks like they swerved too hard and fishtailed. Not a smart thing to do but not a lot of options when your planning time fits in between "that car's coming up pretty fast" and "OH gently caress". Seriously, gently caress those two dumbasses changing a tire in the middle of a highway.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

My cheap lovely lawnmower shuts off when you let go of the handle. How come these things never seem to have that feature?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Because the first thing a lot of dumbasses do is use string to tie down the dead man switch, because it's inconvenient :downs:

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
https://i.imgur.com/faECk6d.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/XKYyNOw.gifv

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ew! Junk food!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

That looks like a Nurse shark or something so the guy is perfectly safe. They're mostly harmless and only attack when they get antagonized or see no other option.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i was assuming the schadenfreude wasn't on the guy, but on the drone operator who just got his shark film photobombed by some fat guy.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Testekill posted:

That looks like a Nurse shark or something so the guy is perfectly safe. They're mostly harmless and only attack when they get antagonized or see no other option.

*tiger shark and most definitely not safe

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Roobanguy posted:

i was assuming the schadenfreude wasn't on the guy, but on the drone operator who just got his shark film photobombed by some fat guy.

That's what I think, as well.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv6bCpJ-siI

Gooch
Oct 30, 2006

A whaat?

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Gooch posted:

A whaat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48tUABsR9rQ

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Gooch posted:

A whaat?

That's some bad hat, Harry

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Wow, rough day at Hogwarts. I don't know what the teacher was thinking letting so young a student attempt the Backpack Summoning Charm.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Straight White Shark posted:

Wow, rough day at Hogwarts. I don't know what the teacher was thinking letting so young a student attempt the Backpack Summoning Charm.

Accio Jansportius!

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

over-correction;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZecN_9VBfM

its when you panic and pull the wheel to one side to avoid whatever but because you're panicking you pull too hard and start lose control, so without thinking you rip the wheel back to the other side and then just completely lose control all together and spin out.

I did it once going 100 ks down the freeway and spun a full 180 degrees, coming to a stop in the opposite emergency lane inches from the concrete divider, facing the wrong way.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I've said it before and I'll say it again: there's popular trails underneath those cliffs for hikers and cyclists so it's a real rear end in a top hat move to do this. Someone could get badly hurt by their stunt even if chances are slim. The cliffs are also serious business and they are definitely not getting their bag back.

Edit: They're standing on this:

Mt. Rundle.

SulfurMonoxideCute has a new favorite as of 06:07 on Dec 1, 2017

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

These are good ways to gently caress up your backpacks

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

"sorry Nick"

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/JeffVeillette/status/936455386676301824

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Straight into my veiiinnnnnssssss

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Gooch posted:

A whaat?

I'm going to continue to :golfclap: this post until it swims up and bites me on the rear end.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

JackMann posted:

I don't think they stopped to fix the tire. With the bits of tire behind the car, looks more like they had a blowout, and they hadn't gotten it moved from where it stopped yet.

I'm 90% sure those bits behind the car are slippers, bits of a tire wouldn't that be close to where he stopped.

repeating
Nov 14, 2005
‘Bully’ caught on video sucker-punching man with cerebral palsy sentenced to prison

quote:

The state generally recommends between three and 14 months in prison...but Baker, 29, of Coatesville, Pa., was sentenced to a total of three to six years behind bars...

As the SUV driver walked into the store, Baker started making fun of his disability, stumbling around to mock the way he walked, according to a statement from the Chester County District Attorney’s Office. When the man came back out of the store, Baker continued to imitate the way he moved. Then, as the 22-year-old stood in front of his white SUV, Baker hit him with a sucker punch.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...nced-to-prison/

Is this, as they call it, "the good stuff?"

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like how with all the wind up he barely even staggers the other guy. Dude is getting 3-6 years after throwing a weak rear end punch. That is indeed the good stuff.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://www.ohio.com/akron/news/assistant-summit-county-prosecutor-involved-in-hallway-bumping-controversy-resigns

Prosecutor attempts to file assault charges against a court employee for bumping into him in a hallway. Ends up resigning due to backlash.

What a wiener. She should be allowed one free punch to the face on that guy.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Can't jump out of a basement window

fuckin' lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Is a tiger shark anything like a jaguar shark?